Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 07:40 AM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
and you would be so proud of me. . I cleaned out my cereal stash yesterday. Kids refuse to eat Raisin Bran or Fiber One. . Can you believe I had 8 boxes of Raisin Bran and 3 Fiber One? That gives you an idea of how I used to enjoy my carbs in the morning. .. When I was doing WW, that is. . .. . Memories. . like the corners of my mind. .

Sissy will be happy. .I'm filling her cupboard with cereal, rice and popcorn. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2010, 07:49 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/163/160 5'5"
I appreciate the encouragement CCGirl! I like your way of fighting off the cravings...thinking about my belly & hips is a good reason to stay away from the carb fest! Bless you!! : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
I know how you feel....my scale just repeats the same number, then in a week or two it's less. Gotta hang in there. Have the cream and salad, at least you're on plan-your plan. Whatever works. I won't give up milk in coffee or vodka, yet I still lose albeit slowly. I'll take it.

Whenever I have a carb standoff-me and a carb staring each other down-I just pick it up and hold it against my saddlebag thighs...mentally picturing how that cupcake would look stuck to your body will slay that dragon.
(holding cupcakes to thighs....'hmmm...do these make me look fat?')
yup

WTG on not caving!rock on!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:51 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks AL...I will try more beef...it is so filling! You are such an inspiration!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hi Becky! I know it mustve been tough staying away from those cupcakes and even tougher after one tiny bite! Your willpower is amazing. I totally would have ate it and went back for seconds. Shows how strong and determined you really are. Great job! I like like the idea of upping the meat. 600 calories is nothing and most of it probably came from the cocounut oil. Maybe you could also try eating fattier meat. It doesnt work well for everyone but some still have luck with it. Im down one pound after my ground beef fest. It may work for you.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:55 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

I'm sipping coffee too...with a little splenda & heavy whipping cream. I look forward to my morning cup...and sometimes I have a late afternoon/early evening cup sometimes too.

It will most likely be a beef & chicken day for me...maybe a half cup of LF cottage cheese.

Have fun with your sis IM! I think chicken wings are a great choice! (better than those evil carbs that could call your name...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Good Morning, peeps! Al. .are we on two different schedules? I never get to talk to you any more. . wahhh. .

Anyway. . off for an informal get together with my sissy today. Of course, there will be food involved. . always is. ..I think I'm gonna cheat again and run to the deli and pick up hot chicken wings. . I know its a little off program. .but it is definately better than eating those wonderful. ooey. .gooey. chocolatey. . OOO Snap . back to reality. .I mean. evil carbs!

I'm sipping my coffee (my one guilty pleasure) flavored, ever so slightly, with the new mocha peppermint creamer.. . I knew I shouldn't have bought it last week but it jumped in my cart and I had a coupon. .What was I supposed to do? OMG. .it is sooooo good. . I could drink it straight from the container. . but we won't go there, will we?

Did I mention, I still do not love my scale. I am sure it is possessed or something. . It loves the 150's and hates the 140's. . What gives. . Seriously, if I wasn't so darn broke right now. .I'd go buy 2 new ones just to make sure the first one wasn't lying to me! O well. . . at least I'm still here. .
Old 09-04-2010, 08:12 AM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Hi Becky! I know it mustve been tough staying away from those cupcakes and even tougher after one tiny bite! Your willpower is amazing. I totally would have ate it and went back for seconds. Shows how strong and determined you really are. Great job! I like like the idea of upping the meat. 600 calories is nothing and most of it probably came from the cocounut oil. Maybe you could also try eating fattier meat. It doesnt work well for everyone but some still have luck with it. Im down one pound after my ground beef fest. It may work for you.

Beth, Im so glad you have a handle on things and the meds are working for you. Its been a long struggle for you and through it all, your spirits are always up! Im so happy everything is going well for you. Congrats on the loss!

CC: You are doing great too! Your sticking to the plan and enjoying some extra delites and its working! Thats awesome!!! Your weight keeps goin down and never up. You rock woman!

Hows everyone else doing?
It's what I can live with.
I am firmly convinced that all other diets are deprivation based and that's why they fail. With LC, at least for me, cravings are minimal and when I do want something there is a tastier alternative.

cereal=nuts (unsalted) with splends, berries or sliced banana (gasp) and FF milk
ice cream=greek yogurt, splenda + SF homemade jam

any creamy dip or dressing recipe can be faked using 1/3 mayo (I do Hell's olive oil style-1/2 the cals of regular) and 2/ greek yogurt. My mom was blown away by my blue cheese dip/dressing.

crunch=celery, pork rinds

I haven't tried flax seed muffins but I'm sure they could easily convert to cupcakes or carrot cake. With FF cream cheese frosting, of course.

Quote:
Good Morning, peeps! Al. .are we on two different schedules? I never get to talk to you any more. . wahhh. .

Anyway. . off for an informal get together with my sissy today. Of course, there will be food involved. . always is. ..I think I'm gonna cheat again and run to the deli and pick up hot chicken wings. . I know its a little off program. .but it is definately better than eating those wonderful. ooey. .gooey. chocolatey. . OOO Snap . back to reality. .I mean. evil carbs!

I'm sipping my coffee (my one guilty pleasure) flavored, ever so slightly, with the new mocha peppermint creamer.. . I knew I shouldn't have bought it last week but it jumped in my cart and I had a coupon. .What was I supposed to do? OMG. .it is sooooo good. . I could drink it straight from the container. . but we won't go there, will we?

Did I mention, I still do not love my scale. I am sure it is possessed or something. . It loves the 150's and hates the 140's. . What gives. . Seriously, if I wasn't so darn broke right now. .I'd go buy 2 new ones just to make sure the first one wasn't lying to me! O well. . . at least I'm still here. .
jumped in the cart...hate it when that happens!

try a scale at the store next time......hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I appreciate the encouragement CCGirl! I like your way of fighting off the cravings...thinking about my belly & hips is a good reason to stay away from the carb fest! Bless you!! : )
awwwwwww thanks

it works for me........look at that quart of ice cream and visualize the cottage cheese thighs that much bigger........if you can't see the mental picture I will send you mine....but it will scar you for life.....jiggly cottage cheese cellulite thunder thighs

but I'll beat 'em.....gonna take some time but I will wear and pare them down to twigs, I swear...

hava gr8 day all gotta get moving, big momma wants me to go to the Lauren outlet and phone in a report....she's on the 12 step program but it's not working....kinda like me and Coach, I stopped counting bags after 32

Woman found dead in hoard of handbags

film at 11

CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:27 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

The punishment of the day when I was in elementary school was to write lines...sometimes 50, sometimes 100 or more..."I will not talk in class..."

I guess they thought if we wrote it that many times we would get it into our heads...

So I'm thinking of writing lines... the old favorite...
1. Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
2. Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
3. Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
4. Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
5. Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
etc....

The taste is so temporary...but being in good shape has such great benefits...why is it even a struggle??

CCG, your substitutions are great. I think I'll be able to maintain eating that basic LC way...I just couldn't lose that much while eating that way. Once I get to where I want to be...(not really sure where that is...160 for now) I want to incorporate those things you listed back into my diet.

I ate a lot of Flax seed muffins and oopise rolls back in the day...those are good and very versital (sp?)

Oh yeah, CCG, about those coach bags...at least they aren't fattening...they may be deadly...but not fattening!! : )
Old 09-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
No Joy with Soy
There is an increasing trend of putting soya in everything from bread and breakfast cereals to ice-cream and, of course, low-carb 'diet' products. High in protein, and very abundant and cheap, it looks like a good food to include in other foods. But, while fermented soya is okay, unfermented soya is not. And it is the unfermented soya that is used in these products today. Put bluntly, soya protein powders, soya flour, soya oil and soya milk, and foods containing them, should carry a health warning as cigarettes do. Here's why.

Lack of Joy with Soy - Second Opinions, UK
CC-anytime anyone mentions something new--food or vitamin-you always find negatives on it--seriously, enough already!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:45 AM   #98
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi Everyone!!! I am loving the new avis peeps! I'll have to find a new one soon! Welcome Martene! Happy Birthday Anything!

It took me 3 days to find the new thread!....sorry.. Im back and I have managed to stay on meat! Weight is the same as stats!

You all are doing so well! Very informative posts!

I've been doing a higher fat thing...mostly ground turkey and lots of ground beef. My appetite is B-I-G. Im not feeling tired or cranky so I think I passed the hard part! I think Im on day 4 or 5... I have no desire to cheat because being skinny in September is where its at!!!

I finally picked up some turkey bacon!!! I couldnt find one package that didnt have sugar and they all said zero carbs. They lie!!!!
Love your avi too!!! Yay on being back to stats--and being cheat-free!!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:45 AM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
was wondering where you were........turkey bacon lies! I can't do the salt, better off with regular bacon........occasionally, of course!

love the shirt!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:46 AM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I use salt on everything except my tuna... wonder if I would get better results if I cut it out....I dont think I'll ever find out!

So, Im planning to start my bike rides on Tuesday! I will have 3.5 hours to myself everyday!! woohoo!! More time for exercising! More time for posting!!!
....especially more time for posting!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
thats just espresso with skim milk right? I want one!
exactely!! Not a cheat at all!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #102
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thats not breakfast. Its a snack! Try wrapping some burgers or a chicken breast with that yummy goodness!

(OK..havent tried it yet..Is it yummy goodness like the real thing?)
Yeah it is!!!----well kinda!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:49 AM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

Who am I kidding---no it's not as good!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:50 AM   #104
Big Yapper!!!!

[QUOTE=aleriaaa;13857733]
I would get sick of me real quick.

QUOTE]

We never do!!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:52 AM   #105
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Maybe if I did straight Stillman's it would come off more quickly...but the cream and salad makes the journey a little more enjoyable...so...I shouldn't be griping about the slow loss! haha... I'm just preachin' to myself!

Becky

Ps yay on not giving in to the cupcakes!!....drooling here!!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:55 AM   #106
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok peeps gotta go!! Wish there was green lights!! Hi Im2!! And Becky---love the lines, might have to write some myself too!! Staying on plan--not losing anything--I swear my jeans are getting tighter!!! Gorgeous weather here so going to sun myself!! Gotta take it while you can in Ireland!!
Old 09-04-2010, 12:49 PM   #107
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
I think I'm gonna cheat again and run to the deli and pick up hot chicken wings. . I know its a little off program. .but it is definately better than eating those wonderful. ooey. .gooey. chocolatey. . OOO Snap . back to reality. .I mean. evil carbs!
Im snapping out of it too!! I think the wings are a great choice!!! I always have extra umph! with the added fat! Still cant wait to be able to use my oven again for some chicken thighs and legs... (I'm remembering that you dont like dark meat, but I bet if you roasted 'em my way you would love it!) Have fun with your sister!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
. Can you believe I had 8 boxes of Raisin Bran and 3 Fiber One?
Im going shopping at your house! Why cant they ever have super coupons for turkey and ground beef? I would love to get $200 worth for $25 bucks.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:52 PM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks AL...I will try more beef...it is so filling! You are such an inspiration!!
Old 09-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm sipping coffee too...with a little splenda & heavy whipping cream. I look forward to my morning cup...and sometimes I have a late afternoon/early evening cup sometimes too.
I cant help but drink it all day long!
Old 09-04-2010, 12:54 PM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
cereal=nuts (unsalted) with splends, berries or sliced banana (gasp) and FF milk
ice cream=greek yogurt, splenda + SF homemade jam

any creamy dip or dressing recipe can be faked using 1/3 mayo (I do Hell's olive oil style-1/2 the cals of regular) and 2/ greek yogurt. My mom was blown away by my blue cheese dip/dressing.

crunch=celery, pork rinds

I haven't tried flax seed muffins but I'm sure they could easily convert to cupcakes or carrot cake. With FF cream cheese frosting, of course.

Im goin on the CC maintenance plan! Wish I could hurry up and get there!!
Old 09-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Why do you think Stillman was so lowfat?? Do you think it's because there wasn't good info on how our bodies need good fats? or maybe he thought you would lose faster with low fat??

I've read so much about how fat helps you lose weight...and how your body needs it...just makes me wonder if her were alive today would he change his QWL plan?

I take Coconut oil daily...and I eat some fat on my meats sometimes...

I was just wondering...
Old 09-04-2010, 12:56 PM   #113
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
big momma wants me to go to the Lauren outlet and phone in a report....she's on the 12 step program but it's not working....kinda like me and Coach, I stopped counting bags after 32

Woman found dead in hoard of handbags

film at 11

I am such a sad case. I don't think I own anything designer. I received a vase from Tiffanys once... does that count?
Old 09-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
The punishment of the day when I was in elementary school was to write lines...sometimes 50, sometimes 100 or more..."I will not talk in class..."
ME TOO!!!!

I will start taking vitamins tomorrow.

(I cheated- copy/paste)
Old 09-04-2010, 01:05 PM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Love your avi too!!! Yay on being back to stats--and being cheat-free!!!!
If you see a girl pedallin frantically down the street next week (avoiding eye contact of all drivers passing by) You'll know its me!
Old 09-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Who am I kidding---no it's not as good!!!
i figured!
Old 09-04-2010, 01:07 PM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Gotta take it while you can in Ireland!!
Enjoy the sun!
Old 09-04-2010, 01:08 PM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

i want cheese.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

Look GT!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poison3.jpg (4.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 09-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #120
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: martine
Stats: 315/264/120
Start Date: 8/25/10
Quote:

Does anyone know that you're doing lowcarb? Do they give you that insane look?

LOL "fat suit" soon to be bikini!

How on earth do you get three gallons in? That's incredible!

No threads on TOM that I know of, just that we all have the same rough patch. No word on if it's worse on lowcarb......do carbs make you more beotchy?
Thanks gal,

No, I tell no one I'm on low carbs. I came to realize that that being on lowcarb is like being born again & living in the carbless kingdom. No one outside of that civilization understands... looking back carb filled life, unless it's not affecting u, it's savagery! I can't describe how many health issues I was having... & now I'm well: all gone!!!!!! Ppl not in this kingdom & civilization will never understand. This isn't a "diet" 4 me. It's a way of life! Just to put it out there that Disney song from pocahontas's playin' in ma mind. "savages, savages, they're not even human, savages!" lol my mind can be very disturbed! lol I appologize ahead of time for even sharing this.

Ha! Yes, bring the bikini. I also spotted what I'm gonna be wearing 2 months from now from my fav fashion boutique. A pair of elegant short shorts with a golden hand print in front saying "hi hater" & in the back "bye hater!" lol Will take millions of photos of that & post it on my facebook!!!!! lol

Oh about the gallons, bc of how heavy I am, I need about 132oz a day at the least anyways... well I've never been a cofee & tea drinker. I don't do soft drinks or juices, so it's my "all of the above" for drinks... it keeps me hydrated & it's a litle addicting bc it changes also ur taste buds so u love it. I do 2 gallons in the day & 1 through the night. I try to flush away ketones as much as I can. :-)

Last edited by martine; 09-04-2010 at 02:08 PM..
martine is offline   Reply With Quote