Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 08:42 AM   #1141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
Okay - quick drive by.....I will catch up on all the other posts sometime tonight or tomorrow.

I am up another 1/2 pound!!!GRRRRRRR~~~!

If you only knew all the temptation I withstood yesterday and still up a 1/2 pound. So in three days I am up a 1 and 1/2!!! I can handle not losing or staying the same but going up everyday?????

It totally doesn't make sense UNLESS......I am one of those who cannot have ANY fat.

All I had yesterday was:

2 CO cubes
a sirloin (with fat), small salad(mainly lettuce and a little ranch), tiny bit of broccoli
a turkey leg
coffee/cream

Here's the deal...I am going totally lean from today until Thursday. If I don't start to see some losses on the scale, I am about to move on to something else. No coconut oil, no fat, no nothing.....just lean protein for four full days....I will deal with the tummy growling.

I heard I have been challenged by AL - so hear goes!!! It's on!! If I don't lose by Thursday....well I may just jump over the edge. The only way I could sustain this diet before was that I would lose constantly. But, I was eating very lean. I am impatient and just cannot keep up with combating temptation if I am not seeing losses. Call me crazy but that is just the way I am made!

See you all tomorrow....after a loss.....I hope

I am having the SAME PROBLEM!! I was doing so great when I first started in July or August..then the BF came home and I stopped for 2 weeks and went back on it..now I've literally been stuck at the same weight for 2 + weeks and its driving me insane!! I was contemplating switching back to weight watchers...because its just so frustrating. I've given up eating 99% carbs...and still nothing, how unfair is THAT? So I'm giving it another week as well, 100% strict....if it doesn't work...IDK..I think I have to add exercise too....but I had so much fun last time. Everyday I woke up and I was almost a lb lighter than the day before...in 3 weeks...I've lost only 6 lbs...It gets discouraging...

And truthfully, this diet is REALLY hard when I'm not home and out all day...whereas a diet such as weight watchers is a lot easier to pack more of a variety for the day...I generally don't get home until 8:00 at night M-F, except Wednesdays I don't get home until 10:00...I really need some help

I really want to reach my goal by december... 20-30 lbs by DECEMBER!!! HELP HELP

Here is a sample menu of a usual day:

Breakfast : eggs (2 reg eggs, 1 egg white) scrambled with a SMALL amount of cheese for flavor
Lunch: Either tuna, or sliced turkey
Dinner: Hamburgers, Turkey Burgers, Steak ...with a tbsp of low sugar ketchup

I do tend to snack on cheese sometimes when I'm babysitting or something that that's all they have in the first that I can eat. I just get so hungry after work!!
I will be honest...after work I have tended to stop at burger king or such and grab a grilled chicken sandwich and eat just the chicken...or a $1 cheeseburger without the bread...but when I have no food all day, it's torture and that's my only option. But I can see that that's not working. I really need to figure something out.

Tomorrow I go back to work...and breakfast and lunch are okay (I eat breakfast at around 6:30am, then lunch time for me is 11:12-11:52...then I leave work at 3, and I get to babysitting or class at 330/430, usually in between that time I'm STARVING...so I'll grab something on the road or starve until I get home, then I get home and eat dinner and usually am not satisfied....

I need help...

Ashley

9/17- 8.1 lbs down...37.4 more to go!
9/18- 9.3 lbs down...36.2 more to go!

Last edited by SquishyPunim413; 09-26-2010 at 08:47 AM..
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2010, 09:42 AM   #1142
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
hey hey hey! I just got my glee-on!! Oh I am hooked! I was able to catch a few episodes on the fox site. (out of order) This show rocks! Definitely caught my attention now and I will have to keep myself up late at night and start from the beginning.

I really had no idea what the show was like. I thought Gaga would be guest starring but it was pretty cool to see the performances. Those kids have amazing voices!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #1143
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I saw that but I much prefer watching them in order so I won't watch it until its out on DVD. .plus I would miss too many! I just re-watched the GaGa episode. . too good! You must get it. .I think it was on disc 6 of season 1. . It is like a continuing soap opera . .

I know you'll love it. .
How funny that you bring this up and I was already watching it! Youre right I love love love it!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #1144
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm still watching my Hello Kitty scale to see if it comes down in price. .I want the glass one with her face on it! I'm just too cheap to pay 70.00!!!
xmas is coming..
Old 09-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #1145
Blabbermouth!!!

msgirl and ashley -

I typed up some big ole rambling speech and decided to delete it. Some of it might have been helpful but it turned into a big ole whining sesion of the issues and trouble Im having sticking to plan and how I hate my current weight. (My feelings on 127 may change tonight when I get home and Im hungry and want melted cheddar cheese again, but we'll see:blush

All I can say is we have to do this together, we have to try to follow the original rules, and we have to try to stick with it for more than a week. In theory, we should be able to have a little cheese or a small salad and still lose, but it really can mess up the dynamics of this particular diet. We'll get the results, but unfortunately it will take more time.

Dont get frustrated and dont give up. We can do this. We have to use that energy to stick to plan and beat these pounds once and for all.

Aruba is at steak! mmmm steak..

btw...no more ground beef for me. lean and mean. meat eatin machine!!
Old 09-26-2010, 10:42 AM   #1146
Blabbermouth!!!

one more thought.. i know that CO is supposed to be really good for us and all, but maybe just maybe it should be eliminated for the first week or two so our bodies can get more adapted to protein only. Becky and Sharon have great results with it but they have been on plan with just meat for a long time. just some ideas. have no clue if its right.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #1147
Blabbermouth!!!

from the book!!! he says it best!!

HOW THIS DIET BURNS UP 275 MORE CALORIES DAILY

If you’re concerned only with the “how” of taking off excess weight rapidly, then you can simply use the Quick Weight Loss Diet and get its benefits. You need not read the details here on “why” this high protein diet functions so well in the human system to reduce you faster. This information is for those who are interested and who find it helps them to keep dieting when they know such “whys.”

This explanation is in the most simplified terms, certainly not in complete scientific detail which only scholars would understand – they know all this already. The diet is made up entirely of protein, chief constituent of animal bodies. The ability of protein to produce more energy is called the specific dynamic action of protein.

What is important to you is that this diet, which in essence provides protein only, works more efficiently than other types of diets, from a chemical and metabolic viewpoint, in burning up fat. With this method, the system burns up about 275 more calories daily than a diet of the same total caloric intake but including, for example, fruits, vegetables, butter, margarine and oil.

Most foods that grow have some protein in them and are able to raise the fires of metabolism to some extent. The degree depends on the amount of protein in the foods. Those listed on the Quick Weight Loss Diet have a higher proportion of protein. The resultant burning capacity is excellent so that you eat and burn up your own fat. Some of this fat (your own body fat) is converted into a small amount of carbohydrate or sugar. The remainder of the fat is converted into energy or fuel. The fat is mainly broken down into fatty acids which provide the body with its heat and energy when no carbohydrates or sugars are ingested. This process is a step by step reaction; with each reaction some energy and heat are slowly given off.
In this process about 60% of the fat is completely oxidized (united with oxygen) into carbon dioxide and water. A large percentage is left as ashes in the “furnace” to be disposed of. (Unused fatty acids such as oxybutyric acid and aceto-acetic acid are the “ashes” of fat refuse.)

Studies have shown that persons on a high protein diet such as this, with no carbohydrate intake, melt the fat out of the storage or fat centers. The fat is brought to the blood where it is transported to the liver. Here it is broken down into bile salts and acids. The unused fat is again poured into the blood as ketone bodies.

These are really fatty acids which are brought to the kidneys and carried away in urine. The body withdraws extra water to dilute these acids. That is why the body not only loses extra fat but also9 depletes extra intercellular water and is a reason why there is usually more frequent urination with this diet. As a result, the body is lighter, and the heart, lungs and blood vessels beat, breathe and flow more easily. Thus most people on the diet feel lighter and better very quickly.

The fatty acids are also slight irritants to the kidney. In order to get rid of them the body must have plenty of water to wash them out. That’s why no less than 8 glasses of water a day is specified.

If you should take sugars and carbohydrates, here is why it would cut down radically the effectiveness of the Quick Loss Diet. Each gram of carbohydrate you ingest substitutes for the burning up of 1 to 2 grams of your body fat, equivalent to 9 or 18 calories. If carbohydrates are taken in, the body ignores using it’s fat and uses the carbohydrates only. Thus the fat, instead of being burned up, is stored in your fat deposits.

The “why” of this functioning is not fully understood scientifically. But on this regiment, you as a dieter get the advantage of this fact and continue to reduce even though you may be eating permitted protein foods totaling 1,300 to 2,500 calories daily.

If you disregard the instructions and eat regular carbohydrates or sugar or alcohol, you will stop burning up stored fat as efficiently. Even one indiscretion, one mouthful of ice cream, for example, will set you back a day or two. The diet must be observed strictly or you will not do as well as many thousands before you have done in using up bulging fat.

You will lose the most weight on the Quick Loss Diet, most quickly, if you eat only to satisfy your hunger pangs rather than to gratify a desire to eat just for the pleasure of eating. Understand that with this diet your body supplies the fat and carbohydrates which are lacking in the diet. You use up stored fat for energy and also convert the protein into starches for energy. So the less you eat, the more you use up excess fat stored in your body.

I must make it clear from a professional viewpoint that the Quick Loss Diet is not a “miracle cure” or a scientific functioning of my own invention. High-protein diets are not “new”; this is just my own version, one which I have found to be most usable and effective.

Last edited by aleriaaa; 09-26-2010 at 11:03 AM..
Old 09-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #1148
Blabbermouth!!!

Check out that bold print! So cool that he's not suggesting we stick to 600 calories! woohoo!
Old 09-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #1149
Blabbermouth!!!

ashley- do you babysit everyday? Perhaps you could ask to bring over a tupperware of grilled chicken and leave it there for a few days?
Old 09-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #1150
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
ashley- do you babysit everyday? Perhaps you could ask to bring over a tupperware of grilled chicken and leave it there for a few days?
That's a good idea....I babysit Mon, Tues and Fridays right after work...

Thanks for the input. I will respond later when I have more time!!
Old 09-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #1151
Blabbermouth!!!

I was looking into freeze dried meats (and fruits and veggies ) today. Like emergency food kits. The stuff lasts like 20 years. Probably more. Im real close to ordering a few cans to see what it tastes like. Would love to keep a big can of no refridgeration meat at my desk. Alls ya need is some hot water and bam - lunch! The ground beef and roast beef were 0 carb, but for some darn reason they add sugar to the diced chicken. I am very curious about this now...

Did I ever mention I have a thing for organized pantrys? One of my favorite hobbies is lining up and rearraging all my canned goods and pasta boxes and such. (and wine too when I used to drink ) I used to have a field day with the baby food jars!!! So much fun!! Now if I could just get hubby to let me order a years supply of emergency food cans, my life would be complete.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:13 PM   #1152
Blabbermouth!!!

miss you guys....its been a loooonnnggg day...cant wait to get home to EAT!! that chicken is calling me
Old 09-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #1153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
Recovering from sinus infection!

Boy, this weather is causing havoc with my sinus! I spent the weekend coughing up my lungs and placing a warm bottle on my right ear to soothe the earache.

I have not really stuck with the diet.... when I feel like crap, I really have a hard time staying on the plan. I just went shopping and bought some more meats to stock up in the fridge.

I'm ready for Monday and sticking with this plan!!!

-Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:55 PM   #1154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
Hey there Al, I also started looking at those freeze dried meats. I found pretty interesting info on the Internet!

-Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:35 PM   #1155
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
msgirl and ashley -

I typed up some big ole rambling speech and decided to delete it. Some of it might have been helpful but it turned into a big ole whining sesion of the issues and trouble Im having sticking to plan and how I hate my current weight. (My feelings on 127 may change tonight when I get home and Im hungry and want melted cheddar cheese again, but we'll see:blush

All I can say is we have to do this together, we have to try to follow the original rules, and we have to try to stick with it for more than a week. In theory, we should be able to have a little cheese or a small salad and still lose, but it really can mess up the dynamics of this particular diet. We'll get the results, but unfortunately it will take more time.

Dont get frustrated and dont give up. We can do this. We have to use that energy to stick to plan and beat these pounds once and for all.

I have been sticking with this for over 3 weeks now and only a 6lb weight loss...
Todays menu: 3 eggs with half a slice of cheese
Lunch: Sliced Roast Beef/Small salad with sugar free dressing (only 1 carb)
Dinner: Flank Steak with another small salad with sugar free dressing

I don't generally get thirsty....so I'll have maybe one water bottle...but for me it's so hard to drink so much water!! Especially during the day at work. I literally will make 5 bathroom stops after drinking one water bottle lol

I really need a loss this week...It's getting hard...
Old 09-27-2010, 04:11 AM   #1156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
k guys checking in! My computer is not hooked up in the new house so i have to actually go out to get wifi so I had a great weekend, but I haven't started my lc yet. I was the DJ for my bosses daughters 30th surprise party and i knew there would be cake..so i am going to officially start bk on the last day of the month. I have been cutting back on the carbs to make the change easier. well i gotta run will ttyl
lisarenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:22 AM   #1157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/193/160 5'5.5"
Hey Stillies...

I had a wonderful 3 day weekend spent with wonderful friends...I stayed on plan and came home about the same weight as I've been now for 9 days.

I'd like to lose more...but if I can keep from gaining I'll be satisfied...I guess...

The only place I really "splurge" is my coffee and I'm just not willing to give up my cream...yet...

I hope everyone's having a great Monday!
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:16 AM   #1158
Senior LCF Member

Im getting so flustered!! Im forcing myself to go to the gym tonight...hopefully i make it!! Even if i bike or use treadmill for 30-45 min!!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:37 AM   #1159
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi Peeps!! Skim read your posts-still no net at home. Grrrr!!!!
Welcome back Dustin, Lisa and Make me--we missed you guys!
Tuna muffins people??????????? Really??????????
Al I would love to have read you big whingey rant!!!
Hi Im2--love new scary Kitty!!
It was not a good weekend for me--foodwise!! Fell off the wagon big-time!! There was chocolate cake, a creme egg, wine, oatmeal, a banana, yoghurt-covered banana chips!! oh yeah and a chocolate muffin!!!!!! Oh God reading that makes me sick and embarrassed (well a little bit-I'm actually laughing to myself, dunno why cos it was bold peeps!!!) As of today I'm back on plan tho!! Went shopping yesterday and bought 26 cans of tuna-the cashier asked me if I had a cat!!! Oh yeah it is gonn be a tuna week for me!! I have to give this a big last push for the month of October cos my Stillman's anniversary is on the 1st November and I really would love to be at 112 by then!! Prob won't happen but a girl can dream!!! BBL xx

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:38 AM   #1160
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Oh and I forgot---yay on wonderland Sharon!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:43 AM   #1161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Good Morning Friends!

Had a great weekend with friends - converted 2 of them to the Stillmans WOE at least for a couple of weeks

My friends made sure I had plenty of meat They did offer drinks/sides/snacks but that was out of polite habit ..... I said no thanks and that was the end of that - no pressure to EAT

It was a "doggie" weekend as all of us have the same breed and many were related. At one time all of the girls (4 of us) sat out on the deck and watched 14 big hairy dogs all playing various games of tag, tug and hide and seek..... nary a growl or bite.......why can't people get along as well as most animals do ?

I was afraid to get on the scale this morning because of the salt intake (seasoned steaks and bacon) but I did drink extra water and I am down another pound!!

For all of you experiencing a stall or a slight gain - the same thing has happened to me - several times in the last 6 months. Through the encouragement of listmates, I stuck through and eventually started seeing a loss again.

Stillman even says in his book that if you graph the weight loss you will NOT see a steady decline. Instead you will see an initial drop then it will go up, down , level out and drop again. So please don't get too discouraged, Keep eating lean and you will get there.

Last edited by swebb; 09-27-2010 at 08:47 AM..
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:33 PM   #1162
Senior LCF Member

Sigh... I couldnt resist... I munched on some peanut butter crackers and those small bagel crisps...cinnamon raisin... im not doing so well.... This was my first cheat since i started....and honestly...it was only a handful so not that much damage!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:02 PM   #1163
Senior LCF Member

Sigh... I couldnt resist... I munched on some peanut butter crackers and those small bagel crisps...cinnamon raisin... im not doing so well.... This was my first cheat since i started....and honestly...it was only a handful so not that much damage!
Old 09-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #1164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
It is my internet provider. . .We have only one working computer because the modem/wireless thingy is out. . They've sent 4 big trucks to climb the pole and still can't figure it out. . Whatever. . this week or I'm cancelling and calling someone else. .

IM-if you are on the web then you're getting there by wifi or modem....perhaps your router is the problem? Routers allow more than one machine on the web at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
Okay - quick drive by.....I will catch up on all the other posts sometime tonight or tomorrow.

I am up another 1/2 pound!!!GRRRRRRR~~~!

If you only knew all the temptation I withstood yesterday and still up a 1/2 pound. So in three days I am up a 1 and 1/2!!! I can handle not losing or staying the same but going up everyday?????

It totally doesn't make sense UNLESS......I am one of those who cannot have ANY fat.

All I had yesterday was:

2 CO cubes
a sirloin (with fat), small salad(mainly lettuce and a little ranch), tiny bit of broccoli
a turkey leg
coffee/cream

Here's the deal...I am going totally lean from today until Thursday. If I don't start to see some losses on the scale, I am about to move on to something else. No coconut oil, no fat, no nothing.....just lean protein for four full days....I will deal with the tummy growling.

I heard I have been challenged by AL - so hear goes!!! It's on!! If I don't lose by Thursday....well I may just jump over the edge. The only way I could sustain this diet before was that I would lose constantly. But, I was eating very lean. I am impatient and just cannot keep up with combating temptation if I am not seeing losses. Call me crazy but that is just the way I am made!

See you all tomorrow....after a loss.....I hope
Arg, I've been stuck for a month......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
I am having the SAME PROBLEM!! I was doing so great when I first started in July or August..then the BF came home and I stopped for 2 weeks and went back on it..now I've literally been stuck at the same weight for 2 + weeks and its driving me insane!! I was contemplating switching back to weight watchers...because its just so frustrating. I've given up eating 99% carbs...and still nothing, how unfair is THAT? So I'm giving it another week as well, 100% strict....if it doesn't work...IDK..I think I have to add exercise too....but I had so much fun last time. Everyday I woke up and I was almost a lb lighter than the day before...in 3 weeks...I've lost only 6 lbs...It gets discouraging...

And truthfully, this diet is REALLY hard when I'm not home and out all day...whereas a diet such as weight watchers is a lot easier to pack more of a variety for the day...I generally don't get home until 8:00 at night M-F, except Wednesdays I don't get home until 10:00...I really need some help

I really want to reach my goal by december... 20-30 lbs by DECEMBER!!! HELP HELP

Here is a sample menu of a usual day:

Breakfast : eggs (2 reg eggs, 1 egg white) scrambled with a SMALL amount of cheese for flavor
Lunch: Either tuna, or sliced turkey
Dinner: Hamburgers, Turkey Burgers, Steak ...with a tbsp of low sugar ketchup

I do tend to snack on cheese sometimes when I'm babysitting or something that that's all they have in the first that I can eat. I just get so hungry after work!!
I will be honest...after work I have tended to stop at burger king or such and grab a grilled chicken sandwich and eat just the chicken...or a $1 cheeseburger without the bread...but when I have no food all day, it's torture and that's my only option. But I can see that that's not working. I really need to figure something out.

Tomorrow I go back to work...and breakfast and lunch are okay (I eat breakfast at around 6:30am, then lunch time for me is 11:12-11:52...then I leave work at 3, and I get to babysitting or class at 330/430, usually in between that time I'm STARVING...so I'll grab something on the road or starve until I get home, then I get home and eat dinner and usually am not satisfied....

I need help...
you and me both, girl!!!!!!!

Quote:
msgirl and ashley -

thanks Al for the vitamin tip-I was losing when I took them regularly. And the salt/sugar in sausage isn't helping so I downed the last of it. I didn't know about the sugar but I'm sure it's there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Boy, this weather is causing havoc with my sinus! I spent the weekend coughing up my lungs and placing a warm bottle on my right ear to soothe the earache.

I have not really stuck with the diet.... when I feel like crap, I really have a hard time staying on the plan. I just went shopping and bought some more meats to stock up in the fridge.

I'm ready for Monday and sticking with this plan!!!

-Dustin
Go you! Feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
k guys checking in! My computer is not hooked up in the new house so i have to actually go out to get wifi so I had a great weekend, but I haven't started my lc yet. I was the DJ for my bosses daughters 30th surprise party and i knew there would be cake..so i am going to officially start bk on the last day of the month. I have been cutting back on the carbs to make the change easier. well i gotta run will ttyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hey Stillies...

I had a wonderful 3 day weekend spent with wonderful friends...I stayed on plan and came home about the same weight as I've been now for 9 days.

I'd like to lose more...but if I can keep from gaining I'll be satisfied...I guess...

The only place I really "splurge" is my coffee and I'm just not willing to give up my cream...yet...

I hope everyone's having a great Monday!
I can't give it up either...........

My Dad's giving me greif about not being able to come up for Thanksgiving, so I was thinking about going down to SC early November (my b-day) and SBF had a cow. He can't stand changes in the schedule. I haven't been anywhere to visit my folks in over four years............waah! I've never seen my dad's new home...they moved there three years ago!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #1165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

news..........

"Clinical Vitamin D Deficiency Linked to Depression in Older Adults," by
Megan Brooks (_Medscape Medical News_, September 23, 2010). Note: _Medscape_
requires free registration prior to providing content.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/729289

Where should you shop this week for the best buys on your grocery list? To get the answer, you could read that pile of supermarket fliers that come in the mail or with your newspaper, or keep tabs on commercials.

A better way to save time and money: Let grocery-comparison websites do the work for you.

One of the most useful is MyGroceryDeals.com, a free site that does more than just post supermarket fliers. After registering, you can compare local prices—by product, category or store—in most, if not all, supermarkets in your area. Each week, the site covers more than 750 weekly fliers from 250 grocery retailers in more than 55,000 ZIP codes. You’ll also find coupons that can be printed and clipped, as well as nutritional information on many products.

from AARP
Old 09-27-2010, 06:20 PM   #1166
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
My Dad's giving me greif about not being able to come up for Thanksgiving, so I was thinking about going down to SC early November (my b-day) and SBF had a cow. He can't stand changes in the schedule. I haven't been anywhere to visit my folks in over four years............waah! I've never seen my dad's new home...they moved there three years ago!
Family is important. Sounds like SBF has control issues.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #1167
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Whats SBF stand for?
Old 09-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #1168
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Whats SBF stand for?
I am guessing "Sexy Boy Friend"
Old 09-27-2010, 06:51 PM   #1169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yeah, but after all this time I'm down wit dat. He's an Aries, the baby of the zodiac. They need to be fed and f-d at regular schedule, and they hate deviation from schedule.

The best part about an Aries is after the initial emotional explosion it's over. He later apologized, saying that he has no family (parents are dead, brother is a write off) and that he was cavalier in his comments and that I should do what I want.

I, on the other hand, am a Scorpio, who dwells constantly on everything and over analyzes everything. Is my father guilting me? Am I a pushover? On and on it goes..........

Quote:
Whats SBF stand for?
stupid boyfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 09-27-2010, 07:01 PM   #1170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I am guessing "Sexy Boy Friend"
O Sharon u r too kind! We've been together a loooooooooong time. So he's a big baby; as far as men are concerned, like that's news?

But there are other mitigating factors.......like my Dad's retired and has literally no commitments whereas we have horses and cats and things that need constant atttention.

It would be a lot easier if he came up here, but he's only game when we're a convenient stop on the RV train and a cheap hotel.

He wanted to be here for Thanksgiving when he knows my Mom always comes and he only wants to be here b/c he can't stand his wife's kids and staying with them.

Like making me choose between him and Mom......she's the one sending me Coach shoes and gave me the start up money for my business, he's the guy who never paid child support and could still be sued for the amount.......with interest.

So here I am trying to please everyone and getting nowhere.........what a wuss..........