Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #1021
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
oh but remember the snow storms u guys get... maybe hot isn't to bad? IDK
I LOVEEEE cold and the snow!! : ) Snow Storms = Schools closed = No work for me =D (I think I have a fever too tho)

Btw I'm Ashley, Nice to meet ya!!
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #1022
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Well, well, about 10 minutes ago, I started feeling cramps in my side. I was not doing anything except watching television. I got up and made hot water and dissolved 2 bouillon cubes. I'm slowly drinking the cup. If this works, then I can definitely stick with Stillman's!!! The cramps is what forced me to go off the diet a few weeks ago!

Yup, my eyes are on the mend!

-Dustin
Missed you! Take care of those eyes, so you can see the scale go DOWN

Remember to take enough potassium I take 550 mg a day and have not had any cramping issues.

Quote:
Hi guys! I'm back! Good thing too! I sure have missed you all over the last few months. I have been off the wagon so long and totally stress eating! I moved into a bigger house, have more clients than ever and started up my karaoke business again.

I am desperate to lose the weight I put on and fast! My knees are killing me, my back aches and I am wearing a size 18!!! I know how to do it and with your support, love and humor I know we will get me back down in no time at all!

Give me a quick update on how things are going. I really have missed all of you and I'm glad to see Dustin is back too! We need his pom poms!
Welcome Back! Missed you Lost...Gained....Stalled.....Losing again (there's my quick update )

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
I'm over it being hot.....It's September....go away hotness!!! It's like 80 degrees out tonight...Im ready for the cold
My head still hurts...my stomach is not feeling too hot. I'm one hot mess!! I need the weekend and a BIG weight loss on Sat
Squishy - I am over the heat as well It really makes me NOT want to exercise. Sorry you are still not feeling well. Take your Vitamins...and take care of yourself
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:46 PM   #1023
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
well guys i am of to la la land where i can dream about being thin and feeling good! have a good night all. I WILL be back tomorrow and on the meat wagon GN
lisarenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #1024
Senior LCF Member

Menu Today:

B: 4 slices Turkey Bacon, 2 cups Black coffee and my vitamins

L: Hamburger w/cheddar cheese and bacon, unsweet iced tea (Ted's Montana Grill)

D: 5 oz Tilapia, baked with Lemon Pepper seasoning and Raspberry Ice Crystal Light.

I did get most of my water/liquids in today (go me ) but I am too tired to stay up to drink anymore (those are NOT the words of my college days! )

night everyone.......

P.S. - I think I have sent Stillman's book (Chapters 1-8) to all that have asked. I will continue scanning tomorrow and will update as I get Chapters finished.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #1025
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Hi IM,

I'm glad to be back. You are not the only one with all of those thoughts. I feel that you need to find a system that works for you.... if South Beach is the best fit for you, who cares if you are on Stillman's or not!

I went back about 10 pages so I did not make that much of an effort to catch up!

Day #3... awesome! I'm right behind you!

-Dustin
OK . here we go again. . Us Losers have to stick together!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #1026
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lisa. A quick hello and soooo glad to see you back. . I'm getting kicked off my one and only computer . talk more later!

Yay. . our friends are back!!

Al: Did you get your Glee disc? Is that why you are MIA. . I warned you. . I'm on disk 7 right now. .
Old 09-23-2010, 03:54 AM   #1027
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/190/160 5'5.5"
Just checking in this morning to let you know I'm still Stillin'...

I saw 168 for a brief moment this morning...not claiming it in my stats yet since it bounced back up to 169...but it was nice to know it should be down soon.

I have a field trip with my 2nd grade son today...going to the new public library and then on to the fire station...then on to the park. That's where we'll have a picnic lunch...I suppose I'll eat tuna.

I had a field trip with my 5th grade son on Tuesday and the lunch at the park was a little challenging...I ate pork rinds. That's the first time I've had those since starting Stillmans...it was nice to be able to eat something crunchy. But all that sodium might have set me back a bit.

Yesterday I had the regular CO/CL mix, 1 pk of tuna and two burger patties w/reduced sugar ketchup...oh yeah, I had two cups of coffee with splenda & cream too...

We are hitting the road as soon as the field trip is over...going to see some dear, dear, dear friends. I plan to stay on plan...

Let's all Rock the Stillman way...meat, meat, meat...so satisfying!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:44 AM   #1028
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Good morning!

It's Day #2 for me! My pants does feel a tad bit better today I just wanted to get down from snug 47 pants! I just had a small bit of chicken and popped all of my vitamins.

I do have a slight headache, but I've been expecting that!

Whoo-Hoo!!

-Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:06 AM   #1029
Senior LCF Member

Overactive fork!

Hey everyone,

I have started reading the Dr's book..... there is a phrase in there that I really like

".... your problem is an overactive fork."

That can be applied to my taste buds..... I really wants those foods that tastes good! Foods that are loaded with carbs and high fructose corn sugar. Did you read the news articles that the group of people responsible for promoting high fructose corn syrup wants to rename "HFCS" to "Corn Sugar" to make their product sound better and move away from stigma attached to the words "high fructose corn syrup"

Susan Yager: Corn Sugar or High Fructose Corn Syrup? Which Is Worse?

A pig is still a pig, no matter what you name it.

I am slowly becoming more convinced that all of those processed foods are causing obesity in our society, including adding HCFS to all of those foods that doesn't need it.

-Dustin
Old 09-23-2010, 05:09 AM   #1030
Senior LCF Member

A follow up to my previous rant about "corn sugar".... not my words, copy and pasted this blurb below along with the link to the study:

-----
A Princeton University research team has demonstrated that all sweeteners are not equal when it comes to weight gain: Rats with access to high-fructose corn syrup gained significantly more weight than those with access to table sugar, even when their overall caloric intake was the same.

In addition to causing significant weight gain in lab animals, long-term consumption of high-fructose corn syrup also led to abnormal increases in body fat, especially in the abdomen, and a rise in circulating blood fats called triglycerides. Princeton University - A sweet problem: Princeton researchers find that high-fructose corn syrup prompts considerably more weight gain
-----

This is my words: Here is a nice article to read and think about: http://www.natural-health-guide.com/...out-sugar.html

One portion really stood out and made me think: When HFCS is eaten, it is directly metabolized by the liver, which turns the sweet liquid into fat, and unlike other carbohydrates, HFCS does not cause the pancreas to produce insulin, the substance that acts as a hunger quenching signal to the brain. So we get stuck in a vicious cycle, eating food that gets immediately stored as fat and never feeling full, causing us to crave even more food in an attempt to get the nutrients we need.

No wonder I have problems losing weight easily on a standard diet if HFCS is hidden in foods that does not need it.

-Dustin

Last edited by dlyons; 09-23-2010 at 05:14 AM..
Old 09-23-2010, 05:10 AM   #1031
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/190/160 5'5.5"
I agree Dustin... It's very disturbing! When I stop and think of all the business that comes from it... From commercial to medical... It makes me lean towards being a conspiracy theorist!

I'm so thankful to have found out the truth about bad carbs!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:16 AM   #1032
Senior LCF Member

Hi Becky,

That is the problem, I don't want to become one of those guys that sees shadows behind everything! But I do want to make decisions based on facts and truth, not from marketing and decisions made by large corporations that does not have our best interests except to make more money.

-Dustin
Old 09-23-2010, 06:44 AM   #1033
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
Okay - up .6 lbs today - not sure why - maybe just some water at least that is what I am hoping. I am gonna raise my stats and then go check out if this happened much in Jan-Feb of this year when I was losing like crazy.

Yesterday's menu:

1 1/2 CO cubes
1 small bowl of hamburger/sausage mixture
3 egg omelet (tiny bit of cheese)
4 slices turkey bacon
sf Jello (redi-whip)
Over 90 oz water/CL
coffee/sf cream

Okay now looking back.....thinking it might have been the small amount of cheese or the turkey bacon that caused the rise on the scale.

I retain water so badly - and I know the bacon had just enough sodium to send me up! It totally stinks though - cause my hubby can eat anything salty and lose weight the next day!
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:45 AM   #1034
Senior LCF Member

Still skimming through the book. Dr. Stillman reports a man lost 112 pounds in 16 weeks. Awesome! 4 months is very impressive!

-Dustin
Old 09-23-2010, 06:45 AM   #1035
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I LOVEEEE cold and the snow!! : ) Snow Storms = Schools closed = No work for me =D (I think I have a fever too tho)

Btw I'm Ashley, Nice to meet ya!!
Me too!!! I am gonna miss it this year!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:47 AM   #1036
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
We are hitting the road as soon as the field trip is over...going to see some dear, dear, dear friends. I plan to stay on plan...

Let's all Rock the Stillman way...meat, meat, meat...so satisfying!!
I can't wait!!! Gonna get us some turkey legs....right????

Enjoy your field trip today - I know those are hard, when eating on plan!

You will be down below 168 soon! I have no doubt because you are the queen of discipline right now!!!!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:49 AM   #1037
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Still skimming through the book. Dr. Stillman reports a man lost 112 pounds in 16 weeks. Awesome! 4 months is very impressive!

-Dustin
WOW!!!! I can't believe how quickly it happens!!! I need to re-read my book but it is somewhere in storage.

I probably need to go back to the lean meats and I will see a faster loss....just gotta get rid of this ground beef/sausage first
Old 09-23-2010, 07:06 AM   #1038
Major LCF Poster!

Okay - just read back through my January posts when I was weighing around 136-135 (my perfect weight) and I did see that I would go up a pound then a couple of days later go down a pound and I did that several times. So.........I said all that to say this.....I know I fluctuate and I am gonna keep up the determination to stick with this til I get back to where I should be.

Too much vacationing and a major life change this summer sent me on a downward spiral. But, I am back and determined!!!
Old 09-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #1039
Major LCF Poster!

I am also upping my stats to change my goal weight. I think I was most comfortable between 134-136. Losing too much more only made me look sickly. So here's to making my goal closer
Old 09-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #1040
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
Welcome back dustin and LisaRenee! You were totally missed!!!!

IM2- SB sounds like heaven. I want nuts.

becky- its going down,down,down. your weight that is!!

msgirl- If I stop and think of it. I started to look sickly at 113 in my face. 120 is probably a more realistic and easier to maintain goal. Glad you upped your goal weight- you will get there soon enough!

squish- again- get better will ya!!

GT- HI!!!!!!!

CC- I mailed the disks today. sorry so late. I was stuck inside all week with the kiddo!

My friends. I have failed. It started with the chili. I ended up tasting it because I was gonna give some away at work tomorrow and needed to make sure it was up to par. Well, it was up to par and I had to try it a few more times just to make sure..sigh. then I had a peice of pizza because you know how I roll.... I did stop there thankfully, and today Im back on. Just a little disappointed..To top it off, I was up 3 pounds. Stills said any bite will set you back weeks. Hes right. Starting tomorrrow I will be eliminating the cream in my coffee...oh yeah...and i did lick the peanut butter knife...perhaps I wouldnt have if I were allowed 14 nuts...hmmmmmm
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:34 AM   #1041
Senior LCF Member

Hey there Al!

I hope you didn't cut your tongue on your peanut butter knife. I wonder if blood have any carbs in it.

-Dustin
Old 09-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #1042
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey everyone,

I have started reading the Dr's book..... there is a phrase in there that I really like

I liked this quote as well. The ads down here (Atlanta) for corn SUGAR have been airing several times a day (mostly during meal times and primetime TV)

Quote:

-Dustin
Sometimes I want to be a man!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
I am also upping my stats to change my goal weight. I think I was most comfortable between 134-136. Losing too much more only made me look sickly. So here's to making my goal closer
You are SO close!! We are here following your journey I really need to hear stories and struggles and success when people get to maintanence...so PLEASE keep posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
My friends. I have failed. It started with the chili. I ended up tasting it because I was gonna give some away at work tomorrow and needed to make sure it was up to par. Well, it was up to par and I had to try it a few more times just to make sure..sigh. then I had a peice of pizza because you know how I roll.... I did stop there thankfully, and today Im back on. Just a little disappointed..To top it off, I was up 3 pounds. Stills said any bite will set you back weeks. Hes right. Starting tomorrrow I will be eliminating the cream in my coffee...oh yeah...and i did lick the peanut butter knife...perhaps I wouldnt have if I were allowed 14 nuts...hmmmmmm
NOT a failure!!! A failure would be if you gave up completely! It is just a temporary set back And honestly, in the past you would not have stopped eating at just a little chili, a slice of pizza and peanut butter on the knife - would you??? So I think that you were SUCCESSFUL
Old 09-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #1043
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hello guys. Had my surgery but not without complications. My legs swelled up double the size after my op and I ended up having to have daily blood thinning injections...not nice I can tell you. Anyway, I am back home and on the mend but most importantly I'm back here. I've been keeping it low carb the last couple of days but when I was in hospital it was just too difficult to stick to. I weighed myself this morning (now that the swelling is gone) and I don't think I have gained any...so happy for that. Hope everyone here is keeping it good...I'm gonna go read some old posts.
BBL
Makeme x

Last edited by makemeslim; 09-23-2010 at 09:48 AM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:51 AM   #1044
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hello guys. Had my surgery but not without complications. My legs swelled up double the size after my op and I ended up having to have daily blood thinning injections...not nice I can tell you. Anyway, I am back home and on the mend but most importantly I'm back here. I've been keeping it low carb the last couple of days but when I was in hospital it was just too difficult to stick to. I weighed myself this morning (now that the swelling is gone) and I don't think I have gained any...so happy for that. Hope everyone here is keeping it good...I'm gonna go read some old posts.
BBL
Makeme x
Makeme - Welcome home! Sorry to hear you had complications but glad you are home and on the mend. Once that swelling is down - the scale will be as well. Take care of yourself - protein and plenty of fluids.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #1045
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Makeme - Welcome home! Sorry to hear you had complications but glad you are home and on the mend. Once that swelling is down - the scale will be as well. Take care of yourself - protein and plenty of fluids.
Hi Swebb. Thank you. The swelling has gone down completely now, which is why I had the guts to jump on the scale this morning. I would not dare to think what I weighed during that episode...I remember looking at myself at the start of it all and thinking "Boy this hospital food is really causing me to gain quickly". Hope you are well.
Makeme x
Old 09-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #1046
Major LCF Poster!

There are some people here that are new to me...big hello to all you guys.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:23 AM   #1047
Senior LCF Member

Found myself in the kitchen looking for "something" - Chips, no - crackers, no, cheese, no........what I REALLY wanted was CHOCOLATE but that has been banished from my sight (thank goodness).

I tried an old trick and had a couple of cups of HOT coffee. That satisfied the grouchy tummy. Then I made myself a couple of turkey burgers with hot sauce. Not sure if I was REALLY hungry or just wanted a "pick me up".

I guess this is part of relearning my system. I need to only eat when I am actually hungry.........

Off to continue reading "THE BOOK" and scanning more pages.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:32 PM   #1048
Senior LCF Member

New chicken recipe I am trying tonight. If it turns out I will post it - if not....what are you guys having for dinner?
Old 09-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #1049
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Well, well, about 10 minutes ago, I started feeling cramps in my side. I was not doing anything except watching television. I got up and made hot water and dissolved 2 bouillon cubes. I'm slowly drinking the cup. If this works, then I can definitely stick with Stillman's!!! The cramps is what forced me to go off the diet a few weeks ago!

Yup, my eyes are on the mend!

Whoo-Hoo! It's almost 8:00 and time for me to go back and finish my DVD. Need to get ready to go to bed early... always do this when starting Stillman. It seems to make the evening to go by faster

-Dustin
potassium, potashmeeum............

Quote:
Hi guys! I'm back! Good thing too! I sure have missed you all over the last few months. I have been off the wagon so long and totally stress eating! I moved into a bigger house, have more clients than ever and started up my karaoke business again.

I am desperate to lose the weight I put on and fast! My knees are killing me, my back aches and I am wearing a size 18!!! I know how to do it and with your support, love and humor I know we will get me back down in no time at all!

Give me a quick update on how things are going. I really have missed all of you and I'm glad to see Dustin is back too! We need his pom poms!
OMG OMG OMG I was sooo wooried about you, girl! Don'y ever leave us like that again! You have no idea what runs through my head (blonde, so through the air in there) death, dismemberment,...EEK

So glad u r back and stick around!

Quote:
Why did you sic security on me!!! Are you hasseling me, huh? Huh? Uh-Huh. Hassling this poor innocent!

Glad to see you here too! I'm ready for a new day!

-Dustin
because ur a bad man......popping in and then dissappearing.....support goes both ways, bucko........don't love us and leave us like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
I'm over it being hot.....It's September....go away hotness!!! It's like 80 degrees out tonight...Im ready for the cold
My head still hurts...my stomach is not feeling too hot. I'm one hot mess!! I need the weekend and a BIG weight loss on Sat
LOL u little hottie u....terrorizing thos LI boys wit grammas matzoh ball soup...did you decide on the briefcase?

Hoping u feel better

Quote:
Hey everyone,

That can be applied to my taste buds..... I really wants those foods that tastes good! Foods that are loaded with carbs and high fructose corn sugar. Did you read the news articles that the group of people responsible for promoting high fructose corn syrup wants to rename "HFCS" to "Corn Sugar" to make their product sound better and move away from stigma attached to the words "high fructose corn syrup"

Susan Yager: Corn Sugar or High Fructose Corn Syrup? Which Is Worse?

I am slowly becoming more convinced that all of those processed foods are causing obesity in our society, including adding HCFS to all of those foods that doesn't need it.

-Dustin
OMG I get SO mad when I see that ad where she says sugar is sugar............NOT! Your body reacts completely different when presented with HFCS, like defending itself against an attacker! Further proof that mass media and mainstream medical professionals are stupid!

Quote:
Hi Becky,
That is the problem, I don't want to become one of those guys that sees shadows behind everything! But I do want to make decisions based on facts and truth, not from marketing and decisions made by large corporations that does not have our best interests except to make more money.
-Dustin

Huh? You don't want to be one of those guys who accepts opinion as fact without research to back it up? Please be one of those guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Welcome back dustin and LisaRenee! You were totally missed!!!!

IM2- SB sounds like heaven. I want nuts.

becky- its going down,down,down. your weight that is!!

msgirl- If I stop and think of it. I started to look sickly at 113 in my face. 120 is probably a more realistic and easier to maintain goal. Glad you upped your goal weight- you will get there soon enough!

squish- again- get better will ya!!

GT- HI!!!!!!!

CC- I mailed the disks today. sorry so late. I was stuck inside all week with the kiddo!

Al we must be on the same wavelength coz when I read your post about chili I had ground turkey thawed and ready, I made the whole pound with a quart of my freshly canned tomatoes from the garden, 1/4 onion and two jalapenos from my neighbors garden.

I ate the whole shootin match.......and i loved it. Why are you beating urself up over this? The pizza?

Okay folks.....once again, we have time outs, not failures. It's a journey, not a test. And, believe me, I am the King of beating myself up.

Quote:
Hey there Al!

I hope you didn't cut your tongue on your peanut butter knife. I wonder if blood have any carbs in it.

-Dustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
BBL
Makeme x
hey hot mama bout time you showed those pearly whites round here.......ugh, injections.can't you just do aspirin?

Okay......this is true and it went down today so laugh you booties off this is the Goddess' honest truth...

37" factory refurbished LCD HDTV ar ecost.com...425.00 with shipping.
(best price WalMart 448.00 plus tax)

Set up, change 26" LCD TV in dining room to bedroom, drag huge box it came in and old 25" CRT TV from bedroom up to 2nd floor barn storage while not having a stroke (TV weight-50 lbs.), one hour and twenty minutes.

Waiting in the hallway for the excited 'Holy crap!' from DH.......never happened.

10 minutes after he got home, adjusted the volume on the new ginormous TV, went in the bedroom to discard wallet where the old 26" LCD was now installed, came back to the dining room and yells
"Honey, what's with the new remote?"

"i got it on ebay."

"What, the other one was no good?"

"No, dumba$$, it's for the new TV."

"Oh, sh*t."

Free dementia diagnosis............priceless.

I do this crap to him all the time...it took days for him to realize that I had painted our bedroom last year. I am so evil.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:11 PM   #1050
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey everyone,

-Dustin
You hit it, Dustin! I totally hear you. . I've been reading up a lot on blood sugars, glucose, . .diabetes. . Interesting stuff once you wrap your brain around it. .

Processed foods have no place in a healthy live-it!!