Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 05:20 AM   #991
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
I bought chicken breast at a super walmart and it is filled with salt! I didnt even think about it because it was still Perdue. That really erks me..
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2010, 05:21 AM   #992
Blabbermouth!!!

get better soon Squishy!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 05:23 AM   #993
Blabbermouth!!!

msgirl- take it one day at a time! Dont let the stress keep you from getting to goal. Just get online and vent! vent! vent!! Im so sorry you are stuck with double the work without the pay. I cant even handle 2 kids sometimes.. Bless you.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:00 AM   #994
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
CC - I had never heard of soaking meat in water until you mentioned it. That is quite interesting - I am wondering if it would help me lose some of the sodium as well????

Hmmmm???? Quite interesting.
The word “Kosher” means “proper or acceptable.” When this term is applied to foods other than meat, it generally means that there are no expressly forbidden products in the food nor have any touched the food. When it is applied to wine and grape products, Israeli wines produced from Israeli grapes are held to stricter standards. Scripture tells us that grapes are not to be used in the 7th year, not even their aftergrowth is to be used that year. Israeli grapes are held to this standard. Otherwise it means that kosher wine or grape juice produced outside of Israel has had no non-kosher additives and has not been touched by a non-observant Jew and typically has been pasteurized (mevoshel) to ensure this. When the term “kosher” is applied to meat, it generally means that the animal was healthy, slaughtered in a humane manner, and the blood removed.

from Biblical Eating Guidelines — Kosher

Before cooking, you will have to soak the meat in several changes of fresh cold water to remove the excess salt. The longer the meat is cured, the longer it will take to soak. Twenty-four hours should be enough. The meat will lose its rubbery texture and begin to feel like fresh raw meat again. Because there is no saltpeter in this curing mix, the meat will not be bright red. Don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong, this is what it should look like. If you really want it to look like purchased corned meat, find saltpeter at a pharmacy and add a half-teaspoon to the cure, but this is not necessary and only adds questionable, perhaps carcinogenic, substances to your food. There is no good reason to add nitrates to your food other than asthetic ones. Get used to grayish-brown corned beef, it is better for you!

from The Cooking Inn : Corned Meat

Kodhering meats means using salt. That said, soaking in a cold water bath and renewing the water four to six times greatly reduces the internal salt. You won't beleive how good your next baked ham tastes. I try to soak mine for two days if I have the opportunity. Change the water every four to six hours. To avoid salmonella chicken may be soaked in a water bath with one tbsp. of bleach. But I've never soaked chicken.

Quote:
Okay - so I am sitting here feeling hungry I don't know if it's stress or what!!

I just found out that the department chairs at the college I work at is combining another teacher's class with mine because he can't come back to work. That means 16 or more additional students (who don't have textbooks or haven't done NEAR the work that mine have done) and I am gonna have to bring them up to speed!!!!!! And, to top that all off I am not getting paid for them combining his class with mine!!!

Okay - vent over!! But, I am thinking it is setting off a major issue with food!

So far today I have had:

my CO oil
3 chicken tenderloins
1 caffe americano
some turkey jerky (lean/low carb)
3 scrambled eggs

I shouldn't be too hungry but the stress is setting me off!!!!
great menu, and that sucks about your class! Is yours the only other course offering that could possibly absorb the excess or is it because you're a woman and will suck it up? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
I like that idea!! And thanks for the input

SP same quality and better on ebay starting at 34.99
I'm cheap.what can I say.........it's lovely. A nice classic tan London Fog trench would go nicely.

Where can I find it on ebay? Im a cheapo to haha.
So I discovered sugar free apple cider mix tonight....made it with warm water...made my throat feel so much better!! 0 grams of sugar only 4 carbs/packet... I'm not a soup drinker so this hit the spot.

Survived meet the teacher night or should I say meet the creature night!! There were some interesting people out there.....I'm off to bed to fight this cold!!
Goodnight [/QUOTE]

hope you are feeling better.........heres a link to leather briefs in new condition only

leather briefcase items - Get great deals on Backpacks, Bags Briefcases, Organizers Day Planners items on eBay.com!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Who all is missing???
Yam? Mim?? Who else?? Who was it that had the cavewoman avatar?? I'm terrible at remembering names...and too lazy to look at back threads...:blush:
Kamills was the turkey leg cavegirl. Martine joined and then ran off. Smallerizing was a real regular. Anythingwilldo. Iwillmakeit's join was short lived. Makemeslim was cool, I miss her, too.

No clue. Life happens.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:13 AM   #995
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I bought chicken breast at a super walmart and it is filled with salt! I didnt even think about it because it was still Perdue. That really erks me..
Ugh, that's exactly why I won't buy anything fresh there...their produce prices are way higher than Price Chopper, and all of the meat is shipped in, which means salt and preservatives. And years ago there was a dispute with the meatcutters union so they went with all prepackaged from the factory and put a lot of people out of work. Plus, the per pound prices are so much higher than the regulare grocery store, so what's the point?

like I said........I'm cheap
Old 09-22-2010, 07:06 AM   #996
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
Okay - so I survived the night. I had some sf jello and redi-whip. Not exactly perfect but not a real cheat.

I am down 1.4 lb today so, I am okay with that.

Come to find out they merged 23 extra students into my class. It's crazy....really I think it may be the government trying to save money. Anyway, I will deal with it because I am the new kid on the block and I only have 4 more weeks to go.

Thanks for all the kind words!
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:06 AM   #997
Major LCF Poster!

Al - so sorry your little was sick! That is so hard...I hate it when my babies are sick
Old 09-22-2010, 09:47 AM   #998
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
The scale is still teetering!! Frustrating!!! Official weigh in will be Sat...Hopefully there will be a loss!!
Still not feeling so great...plus I have class till 9:30 tonight...the stress and schedule is killing me...perhaps that is impacting my non weight loss.
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:55 AM   #999
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps!! Saying hello!! Keeping on plan-just! Al sorry your daughter was sick. Hugs!! 2mins left so gotta log out!!! xxBBL
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:23 AM   #1000
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
Hi Everyone!

Today is day #1. Eye surgery went well... slight complication on my right eye, but everything is fine now.

I fell off the horse because of bad cramps in my side and lower back. I did some reading and it looks like I'm losing too much salt. I will start making drinks from boullion cubes and drink it slowly to replenish salt. I have dropped 1 pant size in 4 days which is fantastic!! Now, I have gained it back plus more. Now the surgery is out of my way, I can climb back on the horse.

I wish everyone a pleasant day!
Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:12 PM   #1001
Senior LCF Member

My head is pounding

I noticed today in the mirror I definitely LOOK thinner, my pants are falling down...yet the scale has no change...so I decided I don't care what the scale says...I'm losing weight somewhere, some how!!
Old 09-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #1002
Major LCF Poster!

SP - that is the way to look at it

I sometimes notice a change in my clothes and how they fit me before the scale changes and then I will eventually see a drop on the scale as well.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #1003
Major LCF Poster!

Dustin,

Glad to see you back! Keep pressing on and you know with meat, meat, meat - you will drop several pants sizes!

I hope you recover quickly from that surgery!
Old 09-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #1004
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Hi Everyone!

Today is day #1. Eye surgery went well... slight complication on my right eye, but everything is fine now.

I fell off the horse because of bad cramps in my side and lower back. I did some reading and it looks like I'm losing too much salt. I will start making drinks from boullion cubes and drink it slowly to replenish salt. I have dropped 1 pant size in 4 days which is fantastic!! Now, I have gained it back plus more. Now the surgery is out of my way, I can climb back on the horse.

Dustin
Dustin!!! You just made my day. . I was so excited to log in and see that you are back. . We really missed you . ...I don't know if you read back at all, but you will see that I thought about defecting for about 2 seconds but the nice folks here let me stay! I've decided, after a lot of soul searching, to try another approach to this die-t thing. . I call it a Live-it now. . so my new live-it will consist of meat, veggies, 15 nuts and string cheese. So far on day 3 and I'm loving it. (I am doing south beach phase 1). . I think we can do this. .I feel renewed and I am sure you do, too. I am glad your surgery is behind you now. Lets get this done. .
Old 09-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #1005
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Squish, Al, GT, CC. MS . you all sound like Hugs would help. sending them your way!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #1006
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. .so I was reading some of my book today and there was a interesting section on Blood sugars and how we absorb them and why we get hungry, etc. .etc. . I guess some of it, I already knew. . but some of it was nice to see in print.

Apparently, fiber will attach itself to the "bad" sugars, etc and slow the absorbtion process down so the sugar can't attach itself to cells and grow into fat as easy. The whole insulin process is facinating when you look at it from a "easy" perspective. .(Every other book, I've skimmed it and never really paid too much attention) This time I am actually reading all about those nasty carbs. . makes me wonder wny I would even consider eating them again. They do nothing for you except bloat, produce gas, get in your blood and cause bad stuff, attach to your fat cells so they get fatter and settle around your stomach. Ugg! and double Ugg! Now the good carbs (like from veggies and grains) actually do all sorts of good things for you. . I seriously doubt I will ever eat white potatoes or rice again. .just isn't worth it. Besides, diabetes runs in my family, and from what I understand the gene is passed on from generation to generation . so naturally, I have it.. .mine just has not progressed yet. I'm working on making sure that never happens...Diabetes is a stupid disease and for a lot of people, can be prevented! Whew. . that means I can live a healthy long life unless I get hit by a bus! Good to know, isn't it?

OOO and the healthy fats are actually good for you. They curb hunger (which we figured out) and they act a lot like good grains..My diet calls for 3 tablespoons (or is it teaspoons) of healthy fat a day (you can tell I haven't been doing it. . think I'll try CO again!). . so we were on to something. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 09-22-2010 at 03:56 PM..
Old 09-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #1007
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've avoided my scale but I think that's OK. I know where I "was" and as long as Im lower, I'll be OK with it. .probably won't weigh until I feel "lighter". .still feel kinda bloated. . probably TOM or something. I've actually been in a mood so its probably lurking . . dang it!!!

I can say my appetite is starting to dwindle. . which I'm grateful for. . I think I've been eating to much the last few days so I'm trying to taper myself off.. too much grazing but at least I've stuck to the legal menu. .not even a taste of my kids dinner. . I bypassed licking the peanut butter off the knife and everything. .Yay, me!
Old 09-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #1008
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. kids wanna get on the computer. . my internet is still messed up so we only have one computer that works right now. The wireless is out! I hate it but not as much as they do. .I'll check in later! TTFN
Old 09-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #1009
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Dustin!!! You just made my day. . I was so excited to log in and see that you are back. . We really missed you . ...I don't know if you read back at all, but you will see that I thought about defecting for about 2 seconds but the nice folks here let me stay! I've decided, after a lot of soul searching, to try another approach to this die-t thing. . I call it a Live-it now. . so my new live-it will consist of meat, veggies, 15 nuts and string cheese. So far on day 3 and I'm loving it. (I am doing south beach phase 1). . I think we can do this. .I feel renewed and I am sure you do, too. I am glad your surgery is behind you now. Lets get this done. .
Hi IM,

I'm glad to be back. You are not the only one with all of those thoughts. I feel that you need to find a system that works for you.... if South Beach is the best fit for you, who cares if you are on Stillman's or not!

I went back about 10 pages so I did not make that much of an effort to catch up!

Day #3... awesome! I'm right behind you!

-Dustin
Old 09-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #1010
Senior LCF Member

Purdue

I really don't like Purdue breasts. They don't taste as good compared to Harvestland Chicken breasts. Harvestland is the best so far.... each chicken breast is individually wrapped.

I've been thinking about going to Wild Oats and check out their meat section. Even though they may cost a bit more, I can save some money by buying in bulk.

When I use Purdue, I end up wasting them. Harvestland, I eat 2 pieces a day for breakfast and lunch. Then I end my day with 2 spoonful of CO and a small portion of something such as shrimp or tuna.

-Dustin
Old 09-22-2010, 04:31 PM   #1011
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Okay - so I survived the night. I had some sf jello and redi-whip. Not exactly perfect but not a real cheat.

I am down 1.4 lb today so, I am okay with that.

Come to find out they merged 23 extra students into my class. It's crazy....really I think it may be the government trying to save money. Anyway, I will deal with it because I am the new kid on the block and I only have 4 more weeks to go.

Thanks for all the kind words!
WTG on the loss.........makes up for your class burden...so YAY

Quote:
Hi Everyone!

Dustin
attention LC security.....we found the defector......go Dustin and get those eyes on the mend! Missed you!

Quote:
My head is pounding

I noticed today in the mirror I definitely LOOK thinner, my pants are falling down...yet the scale has no change...so I decided I don't care what the scale says...I'm losing weight somewhere, some how!!
I so know that feeling...liar scale! Pants don't lie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I've avoided my scale but I think that's OK. I know where I "was" and as long as Im lower, I'll be OK with it. .probably won't weigh until I feel "lighter". .still feel kinda bloated. . probably TOM or something. I've actually been in a mood so its probably lurking . . dang it!!!

I can say my appetite is starting to dwindle. . which I'm grateful for. . I think I've been eating to much the last few days so I'm trying to taper myself off.. too much grazing but at least I've stuck to the legal menu. .not even a taste of my kids dinner. . I bypassed licking the peanut butter off the knife and everything. .Yay, me!
peanut butter dinner......bad mama........keep posting about the SB, it will probably be maintenance for most.

the good news just keeps rolling in..........

"No link seen between moderate drinking, dementia," by Amy Norton
(Reuters Health, Sep. 21, 2010).
Reuters Health Information (2010-09-21): No link seen between moderate drinking, dementia

"Moderate Wine Drinking Linked to Preserved Cognitive Function," by
Megan Brooks (Medscape Medical News, Sep. 14, 2010). Note: Medscape
requires free registration before providing articles.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/728454

whew, what a relief!

"The link between diabetes and Alzheimer's," by Jill U. Adams (_Los
Angeles Times_, Sep. 20, 2010). Note: _LAT_ may require free registration
before providing articles.
A Closer Look: The link between diabetes and Alzheimer's - latimes.com

"Vitamin B could delay onset of Alzheimer's: study," (_Australian
Broadcasting Corporation_, September 8, 2010).
Vitamin B could delay onset of Alzheimer's: study - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

go meat!

The BBHQ Joke of the Week

We jotted down a few clever, non-political bumper stickers while on the road this summer. These are among them:

Save a cow; eat a vegetarian.

Vegetarian: ancient Indian word for 'bad hunter.'

My sexual preference is: often.

Danger: I drive like you do.

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

And our favorite, by a long shot:
Hang up and drive!

Last edited by CCGirl; 09-22-2010 at 04:32 PM..
Old 09-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #1012
Senior LCF Member

Starting to get cramps

Well, well, about 10 minutes ago, I started feeling cramps in my side. I was not doing anything except watching television. I got up and made hot water and dissolved 2 bouillon cubes. I'm slowly drinking the cup. If this works, then I can definitely stick with Stillman's!!! The cramps is what forced me to go off the diet a few weeks ago!

Yup, my eyes are on the mend!

Whoo-Hoo! It's almost 8:00 and time for me to go back and finish my DVD. Need to get ready to go to bed early... always do this when starting Stillman. It seems to make the evening to go by faster

-Dustin
Old 09-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #1013
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
I'm back larger and in charge LOL!

Hi guys! I'm back! Good thing too! I sure have missed you all over the last few months. I have been off the wagon so long and totally stress eating! I moved into a bigger house, have more clients than ever and started up my karaoke business again.

I am desperate to lose the weight I put on and fast! My knees are killing me, my back aches and I am wearing a size 18!!! I know how to do it and with your support, love and humor I know we will get me back down in no time at all!

Give me a quick update on how things are going. I really have missed all of you and I'm glad to see Dustin is back too! We need his pom poms!
Old 09-22-2010, 04:59 PM   #1014
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
attention LC security.....we found the defector......go Dustin and get those eyes on the mend! Missed you!
Why did you sic security on me!!! Are you hasseling me, huh? Huh? Uh-Huh. Hassling this poor innocent!

Glad to see you here too! I'm ready for a new day!

-Dustin
Old 09-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #1015
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
Give me a quick update on how things are going. I really have missed all of you and I'm glad to see Dustin is back too! We need his pom poms!

Hi Lisarenee! Glad to see you too! Do you want to borrow my pom-poms? I have purple ones with those sparkly silver strands..... want that one?

-Dustin
Old 09-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #1016
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Lisarenee! Glad to see you too! Do you want to borrow my pom-poms? I have purple ones with those sparkly silver strands..... want that one?

-Dustin
oh yeah! those are my fav!
lisarenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:07 PM   #1017
Senior LCF Member

Well I am going to have my last taste of pure heaven... (a reeses peanut butter cup) before i get back on the lean meat and crystal light! I have one still in the house and it must be gone before tomorrow or I will never get back on the tuna pouch again. Boiling up my eggs right now YAY!
Old 09-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #1018
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
Well I am going to have my last taste of pure heaven... (a reeses peanut butter cup)
(Living through lisarenee..... imagination going into overdrive)

-Dustin
Old 09-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #1019
Senior LCF Member

I'm over it being hot.....It's September....go away hotness!!! It's like 80 degrees out tonight...Im ready for the cold
My head still hurts...my stomach is not feeling too hot. I'm one hot mess!! I need the weekend and a BIG weight loss on Sat
Old 09-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #1020
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm over it being hot.....It's September....go away hotness!!! It's like 80 degrees out tonight...Im ready for the cold
My head still hurts...my stomach is not feeling too hot. I'm one hot mess!! I need the weekend and a BIG weight loss on Sat
oh but remember the snow storms u guys get... maybe hot isn't to bad? IDK