Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 10:10 AM   #961
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Feeling like deathhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and tonight is meet the teacher night...but since I'm not the official teacher I may not go...especially since I don't get paid...but boy do I feel like poop
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2010, 10:21 AM   #962
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
Okay I have to share this - it may be too much info but....you girls know me pretty well so I am gonna share anyway.

Today I noticed that I either have a kidney infection or a UTI due to some bleeding when I urinate. Anyway......I mentioned to a friend what is going on and she said to try apple cider vinegar. So, I made a note to go get some and then low and behold she brought me some this morning.

Well, I just took 2 tablespoons in my water and

I survived but YUCK!!!

So, on the inside of my body today I have 2 tbs. of CO, 2 tbs. of ACV, and a b-12 packet, along with green tea and water. I should be pretty doggone healthy or else my stomach is totally freaked out
I haven't heard of using ACV for this but I have successfully used cranberry juice. AND remember LOTS of water for flushing....

If you do use ACV remember to get the one with the "Mother" I use Braggs brand (I find it at my local grocery in the "organic" section)

Have any of you had any experience with ACV?
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #963
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
Feeling like deathhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and tonight is meet the teacher night...but since I'm not the official teacher I may not go...especially since I don't get paid...but boy do I feel like poop

There must be something going around - several people I know are sick as well, including my mom
Old 09-21-2010, 11:05 AM   #964
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
It was, it was!!!!! I crave bananas too!!! I try to keep away-sugar city!! But I have eaten one or two over the last months and boy do I savour every bite!! And feel so much better after!! They're my new treat!!
Gals! I just read something about bananas yesterday and how they are better than you think, even when following a low carb/no carb diet. . I'll see if I can find it. .has something to do with the Gi index or something. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:06 AM   #965
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
All this talk about shoes!!!! I think I'm weird!! I'm into bags, def not shoes!! Now it never matters what you weigh with bags--that's probably why I like them!!
I have both! Shoes and bags. .
Old 09-21-2010, 11:13 AM   #966
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Gals! I just read something about bananas yesterday and how they are better than you think, even when following a low carb/no carb diet. . I'll see if I can find it. .has something to do with the Gi index or something. .

This could be VERY dangerous info for me
Old 09-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #967
Senior LCF Member

Although I'm not officially weighing myself...(meaning writing it down on my calendar!) I can't help but see how much I weigh and I have been stuck between 146-148....why won't it go downnnnnnnnnnnn!! Saturday is the official weigh in!!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #968
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok. .Day 2 check-in. .

I still feel like I'm cheating with the options. . the induction period is supposed to be difficult but not for me! Doc Stillman saw to that. . Actually, I'm more than a little freaked out. . i did feel a little bloated last night but I wrote it off to the brocolli that I ate for dinner. I am still amazed that adding the veggies hasn't started an all out craving session. but it really hasn't. I only eat them with my meals . .snacks are still protein. cheese or eggs. . or meat. .All and all, the diet still wants you to get most of your calories from meat... I ran to the library last night (with 3 minutes to spare) and got all 3 books so I can read up and become an expert in no time. I stayed up half the night cooking!! Here is what I cooked:

Grilled Steak
Fried Burger
Roated a Turkey
Grilled Chicken
Boiled Eggs

No reason for me to cheat at all. . I did not weigh yesterday and I was scared to weigh today. . still feeling to funky so I think I'll weigh when I start feeling "clean". . I started this too close to TOM which was stupid but I didn't want to put it off any longer. . I NEED, NEED, NEED to do this. . .

OK. lunch time over. . I gotta run. . I'm eating my tuna with a little green pepper!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #969
Senior LCF Member

Tomorrow is the first day of FALL!! Although temps will still be in the 90's here but low humidity.

So to celebrate I have started going through my Fall/Winter clothes - NOTHING FITS I had some clothes I really liked....sigh.

So with my limited budget I will need to take myself to the local Thrift Stores. Normally I don't like to shop BUT I think I am going to enjoy finding cute clothes in a SMALLER size

I will have several Size 20 items if there is anyone on here that wants them I will be happy to send them to you. Otherwise I will take them to the Thrift store when I go.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #970
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok. .Day 2 check-in. .

I still feel like I'm cheating with the options. . the induction period is supposed to be difficult but not for me! Doc Stillman saw to that. . Actually, I'm more than a little freaked out. . i did feel a little bloated last night but I wrote it off to the brocolli that I ate for dinner. I am still amazed that adding the veggies hasn't started an all out craving session. but it really hasn't. I only eat them with my meals . .snacks are still protein. cheese or eggs. . or meat. .All and all, the diet still wants you to get most of your calories from meat... I ran to the library last night (with 3 minutes to spare) and got all 3 books so I can read up and become an expert in no time. I stayed up half the night cooking!! Here is what I cooked:

Grilled Steak
Fried Burger
Roated a Turkey
Grilled Chicken
Boiled Eggs

No reason for me to cheat at all. . I did not weigh yesterday and I was scared to weigh today. . still feeling to funky so I think I'll weigh when I start feeling "clean". . I started this too close to TOM which was stupid but I didn't want to put it off any longer. . I NEED, NEED, NEED to do this. . .

OK. lunch time over. . I gotta run. . I'm eating my tuna with a little green pepper!
I have started reading Stillman's book and he address your feelings. If you look back to what you were eating before Stillman's you were probably consuming a lot of calories/carbs/fat. During Stillman's you cut all that out so that NOW when you eat something like the South Beach plan you feel satisfied with a much smaller portion. Just have to watch to make sure the taste buds don't overrule the stomach Weigh yourself and if you gain 3-5 pounds go back on the QWL for a few days.

I am going to finish highlighting Chapter one this afternoon and then will be ready for the "Stillman's Book Club"
Old 09-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #971
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Well. ((cough, cough))) this other "diet" I'm on. .now allows it in Phase 2 so that's why I was reading up on it. I'm not doing phase 2 until I get at least 15 pounds off so I'm not too worried about being allowed bananas yet. . .

I think the bottom line with all these weight loss programs. .(I'm seeing a common thread!!)

Unprocessed food is the best
the more natural the better
No process sugar
No White flour

Even SB says you almost never want to eat that junk again.. A treat once in a great while is the exception but you really must start thinking about all the things you can eat that are still good for you. .Think of how wonderful and great a nice, fresh piece of fruit will taste? dark chocolate.. Veggies. . I don't think I'll look at white bread the same again as long as I live. . I read that it is just like eating spoonfuls of sugar because of what it does to your insulin levels. . .sorry. .but we all have to face maintenance some day and I am trying not to think of this as a diet any more.. I've been on a die-it too long. .

I am on a Live-it from this point forward !!! Those are my deep thoughts for this afternoon. . back to work
Old 09-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #972
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Although I'm not officially weighing myself...(meaning writing it down on my calendar!) I can't help but see how much I weigh and I have been stuck between 146-148....why won't it go downnnnnnnnnnnn!! Saturday is the official weigh in!!

I can truly empathize with your frustration Maybe it is because you don't have as much to lose as some that the losses are slower. Maybe your body is too busy fighting whatever is making you sick to fight the fat

Hang in there - the WHOOSH Fairy will be stopping by shortly.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #973
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I can truly empathize with your frustration Maybe it is because you don't have as much to lose as some that the losses are slower. Maybe your body is too busy fighting whatever is making you sick to fight the fat

Hang in there - the WHOOSH Fairy will be stopping by shortly.
Well the WHOOSH fairy better come some, I need my vacation!! lol
Old 09-21-2010, 11:38 AM   #974
Senior LCF Member

30 lbs in 3 months starting today!! I NEED TO DO IT!!! BF will be home December 20th!!
Old 09-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #975
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
30 lbs in 3 months starting today!! I NEED TO DO IT!!! BF will be home December 20th!!

If you lose that much I'm not sure he will be able to find you!

However, if you insist We will be right here pushing you along. So, get well remember to take your vitamins. If you like chicken then it has been proven that there are cold fighting molecules (your mother was RIGHT Chicken soup IS good for fighting a cold).
Old 09-21-2010, 01:00 PM   #976
Senior LCF Member

Leather Flap Portfolio Briefcase

What are your thoughts on this? Trying to find a birthday present for my boyfriend...he's going to Miami in January to begin his rotations in the hospital and all he currently has is a backpack....so I thought maybe he may need something more professional...
What are your thoughts?
THANKS!
Old 09-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #977
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

What are your thoughts on this? Trying to find a birthday present for my boyfriend...he's going to Miami in January to begin his rotations in the hospital and all he currently has is a backpack....so I thought maybe he may need something more professional...
What are your thoughts?
THANKS!
Squishy I really like it and I showed the picture to my husband (to get a man's opinion) and he liked it too. He suggested that you might get it monogrammed (discretely in one of the corners).
Old 09-21-2010, 03:31 PM   #978
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 164/147.6/145 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Stillman's again
Start Date: This time around...October 6, 2014
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So tired!!!

I am getting ready for my last class of the day and I am just barely awake! I am so hoping this Venti Americano will take action quickly~!!!!! It's hard to teach when you are too tired to talk
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:35 PM   #979
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/173/160 5'5"
Quote:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So tired!!!

I am getting ready for my last class of the day and I am just barely awake! I am so hoping this Venti Americano will take action quickly~!!!!! It's hard to teach when you are too tired to talk
I'm with ya...tired, tired, tired....

I need a pick-me-up!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #980
Senior LCF Member

Tonight is a grilled burger for me and hamburger helper for everyone else....I am too lazy to try and think of something "exciting" for dinner
Old 09-21-2010, 04:20 PM   #981
Senior LCF Member

I think it is the chicken that is making me retain water. I am sure there is salty "broth" in it

Can't afford the more expensive brands so any ideas???
Old 09-21-2010, 06:05 PM   #982
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:

Quote:
Tomorrow is the first day of FALL!! Although temps will still be in the 90's here but low humidity.

So to celebrate I have started going through my Fall/Winter clothes - NOTHING FITS I had some clothes I really liked....sigh.

So with my limited budget I will need to take myself to the local Thrift Stores. Normally I don't like to shop BUT I think I am going to enjoy finding cute clothes in a SMALLER size

I will have several Size 20 items if there is anyone on here that wants them I will be happy to send them to you. Otherwise I will take them to the Thrift store when I go.
woot woot shrinking Sharon!

Quote:
Well. ((cough, cough))) this other "diet" I'm on. .now allows it in Phase 2 so that's why I was reading up on it. I'm not doing phase 2 until I get at least 15 pounds off so I'm not too worried about being allowed bananas yet. . .

I think the bottom line with all these weight loss programs. .(I'm seeing a common thread!!)

Unprocessed food is the best
the more natural the better
No process sugar
No White flour

Even SB says you almost never want to eat that junk again.. A treat once in a great while is the exception but you really must start thinking about all the things you can eat that are still good for you. .Think of how wonderful and great a nice, fresh piece of fruit will taste? dark chocolate.. Veggies. . I don't think I'll look at white bread the same again as long as I live. . I read that it is just like eating spoonfuls of sugar because of what it does to your insulin levels. . .sorry. .but we all have to face maintenance some day and I am trying not to think of this as a diet any more.. I've been on a die-it too long. .

I am on a Live-it from this point forward !!! Those are my deep thoughts for this afternoon. . back to work
O my I SO agree.........I don't look at ANY food the same anymore

Quote:

What are your thoughts?
THANKS!
SP same quality and better on ebay starting at 34.99
I'm cheap.what can I say.........it's lovely. A nice classic tan London Fog trench would go nicely.

Quote:
I think it is the chicken that is making me retain water. I am sure there is salty "broth" in it

Can't afford the more expensive brands so any ideas???
for fresh chicken, look up koshering........basically a good soaking in water in the fridge for a few hours or overnight does wonders. I do it for DBF for his hams and my corned beefs.......the difference is amazing..you taste meat, not salt!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:15 PM   #983
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

for fresh chicken, look up koshering........basically a good soaking in water in the fridge for a few hours or overnight does wonders. I do it for DBF for his hams and my corned beefs.......the difference is amazing..you taste meat, not salt!
Great idea - thanks
Old 09-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #984
Major LCF Poster!

CC - I had never heard of soaking meat in water until you mentioned it. That is quite interesting - I am wondering if it would help me lose some of the sodium as well????

Hmmmm???? Quite interesting.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:42 PM   #985
Major LCF Poster!

Okay - so I am sitting here feeling hungry I don't know if it's stress or what!!

I just found out that the department chairs at the college I work at is combining another teacher's class with mine because he can't come back to work. That means 16 or more additional students (who don't have textbooks or haven't done NEAR the work that mine have done) and I am gonna have to bring them up to speed!!!!!! And, to top that all off I am not getting paid for them combining his class with mine!!!

Okay - vent over!! But, I am thinking it is setting off a major issue with food!

So far today I have had:

my CO oil
3 chicken tenderloins
1 caffe americano
some turkey jerky (lean/low carb)
3 scrambled eggs

I shouldn't be too hungry but the stress is setting me off!!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #986
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Squishy I really like it and I showed the picture to my husband (to get a man's opinion) and he liked it too. He suggested that you might get it monogrammed (discretely in one of the corners).
I like that idea!! And thanks for the input

SP same quality and better on ebay starting at 34.99
I'm cheap.what can I say.........it's lovely. A nice classic tan London Fog trench would go nicely.

Where can I find it on ebay? Im a cheapo to haha.

[/QUOTE]

So I discovered sugar free apple cider mix tonight....made it with warm water...made my throat feel so much better!! 0 grams of sugar only 4 carbs/packet... I'm not a soup drinker so this hit the spot.

Survived meet the teacher night or should I say meet the creature night!! There were some interesting people out there.....I'm off to bed to fight this cold!!
Goodnight

Ashley

9/17- 8.1 lbs down...37.4 more to go!
9/18- 9.3 lbs down...36.2 more to go!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #987
Major LCF Poster!

Oh MY!!! That does sound stressful!! 16 extra students?!?! Wow...

You can do this...don't try and do it all at once...pace yourself and it will come together...bless your heart...

That stinks that they are not paying you any more for taking on so many more students...

Your menu looks good...and it's good your on this thread...we'll help you through it!!

Quote:
Okay - so I am sitting here feeling hungry I don't know if it's stress or what!!

I just found out that the department chairs at the college I work at is combining another teacher's class with mine because he can't come back to work. That means 16 or more additional students (who don't have textbooks or haven't done NEAR the work that mine have done) and I am gonna have to bring them up to speed!!!!!! And, to top that all off I am not getting paid for them combining his class with mine!!!

Okay - vent over!! But, I am thinking it is setting off a major issue with food!

So far today I have had:

my CO oil
3 chicken tenderloins
1 caffe americano
3 scrambled eggs

Old 09-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #988
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

So far today I have had:

my CO oil
3 chicken tenderloins
1 caffe americano
3 scrambled eggs

Well it could be stress (cause it gets the stomach churning) but your menu does not look like enough calories/food. Don't want to get your body into starvation mode - then it will be really hard to drop the pounds.... just saying.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #989
Major LCF Poster!

Who all is missing???

Yam? Mim?? Who else?? Who was it that had the cavewoman avatar?? I'm terrible at remembering names...and too lazy to look at back threads...:blush:
Old 09-22-2010, 06:19 AM   #990
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi everyone!! I missed y'all!! My little one has been battling a cold since the weekend. Supposed to go to a school picnic tonight but Im thinking we'll have to skip it. She's much better today but cant send her back until tomorrow. In good news..I got to take a 3 hour nap with her yesterday!!

I'm still going strong on stillmans and the scale is up a bit. No biggie, Im sure it will come back down. ( I eat waaaaaaay too much when Im home and cant run errands!)

I made chili yesterday (and didnt even taste test it) its been simmering in the crockpot for over 10 hours. I wish you guys could smell my house...mmmm mmmmm mmmmm.. Ok.. Im glad you cant!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote