Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 08:50 AM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Hi everyone! Sorry I hadn't posted sooner. Today is my birthday... and I had lunch with my sister in Santa Barbara... beautiful there! I stayed with Stillmans. Had one grilled chicken breast and water. The best b-day present I got was 2 people in the last 24 hours noticed that I lost weight! Yay!! I am again, at a stand still, but will in no way, by God's grace cheat on this diet. Finally after a decade, I have been granted the will power and grace to do this! Onward and upward in September!! It is going to be a great month for us all!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2010, 08:52 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

[QUOTE=IM2fat;13851101]our Halloween outfit.. I'm thinking dirty nurse or too hot for teacher or perhaps devilish girly devil. .. Let's roll..

QUOTE]

Or naughty Kitty!!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:59 AM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi peeps!! Nothing to report-still on plan-98% of the time!! And doing lots of biking and Pilates in the mornings..and then going for long walks in the evenings with my Mum or hubby!! So I hope a few litttle things like skinny Lattes won't hurt!! I don't expect to lose anything but if I maintain for a little while and continue to tone up then I'm happy!!! I love the low-carb lifestyle tho, I don't think I'll ever go back to eating rice and bread again! Oh and I tried tofu for the first time--it's good in salads!! Ok gotta go!! BBL

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 09-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by martine View Post
Hey CCGal,

Thank u for ur concerns... actually u brought up relevant points. I'm a registered nurse & I do do my research esp if I'm gonna share it. Normally vitamins to be concerned with in what concerns toxicity are the ADEK fat soluble vitamins. The rest for the most part are washed away with water. Now, concerning B6, researchers do say that it is safe to take up to 600 mg a day. Their pills are usually 100mg, so I don't suppose anyone actually would consider taking over 6 pills for any reason when serving is one pill... but yes, taking over 600mg can result in irreversible nerve damage longterm. I do actually take 600mg through out the day. I love it! This is where it wouldn't be of such concern for ppl like us Stillman gurus who take water in & out like fishes. I drink 3 gallons of water a day. How much of a water soluble vitamin actually stays in my body? Yup!

I usually share stuff real quick, but believe me when I say I went to school for it, & I spend all my free time reading on it anyways... I don't know it all, but I don't share non research based findings. But if I did, it would be from experience & testimonials at which point, all readers are welcomed to do their own search & come to their own conclusions. Thank u 4 the heads up though. God bless u.

So happy 2 be here with all of yall! WHOOOOOOPI

I'm so mad at TOM right now. I still would appreciate 4 someone to share if there's any threads on it with stillman. Thanks skinny girlies. My impatience is just soooo workin' me right now. Feel me? But I was down a pound from yesterday. May be I need to take a mood pill! lol I really need to chill. Just hate the fat suit! So unfair!
There was a bibliography for the info, I just didn't print it. I was pretty sure being a water soluble vit that it would be a 'wash' if too much was taken. BUT I am glad that we have a doc on board-there's so much conflicting info out there!

Does anyone know that you're doing lowcarb? Do they give you that insane look?

LOL "fat suit" soon to be bikini!

How on earth do you get three gallons in? That's incredible!

No threads on TOM that I know of, just that we all have the same rough patch. No word on if it's worse on lowcarb......do carbs make you more beotchy?
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi peeps!! Nothing to report-still on plan-98% of the time!! And doing lots of biking and Pilates in the mornings..and then going for long walks in the evenings with my Mum or hubby!! So I hope a few litttle things like skinny Lattes won't hurt!! I don't expect to lose anything but if I maintain for a little while and continue to tone up then I'm happy!!! I love the low-carb lifestyle tho, I don't think I'll ever go back to eating rice and bread again! Oh and I tried tofu for the first time--it's good in salads!! Ok gotta go!! BBL
No Joy with Soy
There is an increasing trend of putting soya in everything from bread and breakfast cereals to ice-cream and, of course, low-carb 'diet' products. High in protein, and very abundant and cheap, it looks like a good food to include in other foods. But, while fermented soya is okay, unfermented soya is not. And it is the unfermented soya that is used in these products today. Put bluntly, soya protein powders, soya flour, soya oil and soya milk, and foods containing them, should carry a health warning as cigarettes do. Here's why.

Lack of Joy with Soy - Second Opinions, UK
Old 09-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Happy birthday Anything!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:44 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Thank you for the birthday greetings makemeslim and Gettingthere!! I actually gained a pound!! No, I did not cheat! I figure it is sodium or something. I am still satisfied to stay on Stillmans. I know that eventually it will work.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:53 PM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi Everyone!!! I am loving the new avis peeps! I'll have to find a new one soon! Welcome Martene! Happy Birthday Anything!

It took me 3 days to find the new thread!....sorry.. Im back and I have managed to stay on meat! Weight is the same as stats!

You all are doing so well! Very informative posts!

I've been doing a higher fat thing...mostly ground turkey and lots of ground beef. My appetite is B-I-G. Im not feeling tired or cranky so I think I passed the hard part! I think Im on day 4 or 5... I have no desire to cheat because being skinny in September is where its at!!!

I finally picked up some turkey bacon!!! I couldnt find one package that didnt have sugar and they all said zero carbs. They lie!!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

GT- I knew you wouldn't miss that coco quote!!!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 09-03-2010 at 01:55 PM..
Old 09-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hi Everyone!!! I am loving the new avis peeps! I'll have to find a new one soon! Welcome Martene! Happy Birthday Anything!

It took me 3 days to find the new thread!....sorry.. Im back and I have managed to stay on meat! Weight is the same as stats!

You all are doing so well! Very informative posts!

I've been doing a higher fat thing...mostly ground turkey and lots of ground beef. My appetite is B-I-G. Im not feeling tired or cranky so I think I passed the hard part! I think Im on day 4 or 5... I have no desire to cheat because being skinny in September is where its at!!!

I finally picked up some turkey bacon!!! I couldnt find one package that didnt have sugar and they all said zero carbs. They lie!!!!
was wondering where you were........turkey bacon lies! I can't do the salt, better off with regular bacon........occasionally, of course!

Old 09-03-2010, 03:53 PM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

I WANT THAT SHIRT!!! Awesome! (I would change my avi but somehow I dont think the good doctor would agree!) Thanks CC!~
Old 09-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

I use salt on everything except my tuna... wonder if I would get better results if I cut it out....I dont think I'll ever find out!

So, Im planning to start my bike rides on Tuesday! I will have 3.5 hours to myself everyday!! woohoo!! More time for exercising! More time for posting!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

Maybe GT can convince me to find and actually use my mari dvds..... hint..hint..I need a swift kick!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Thank you for the birthday greetings makemeslim and Gettingthere!! I actually gained a pound!! No, I did not cheat! I figure it is sodium or something. I am still satisfied to stay on Stillmans. I know that eventually it will work.
Keep it going anything! You will lose that pound tomorrow and probably 2 more!!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:03 PM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
skinny Lattes
thats just espresso with skim milk right? I want one!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Back on plan this morning. Turkey bacon and black coffee for breakfast.
Thats not breakfast. Its a snack! Try wrapping some burgers or a chicken breast with that yummy goodness!

(OK..havent tried it yet..Is it yummy goodness like the real thing?)
Old 09-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martine View Post
The taste of the salt & ACV is so amazing, it's not like plain water. I'm so used to this, I can't drink plain water without trippin'!!!! Well have fun reading & exploring gal!
I always want to jump on board and try a new thing. (my problem is I never keep at it) You made it sound so good!

I still have those leftover coconut oil ice cubes in my fridge, in between the real ice trays!!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Why was it SO much easier to stay on plan 5, 4, 3, 2 months ago

Because we had the taste of evil carbs on our tongues, because are losses have slowed, because it was new! It was fresh! It was exciting!! Meat was in! We gotta bring it back folks. We can do this!! I know we can. We have done it before we will do it again!!!!

and because we had Lisa, and MIM, and smalls, and Denise and and and all the rest Im missing right now!!! I am so glad we have some new friends too, to keep us going and I will always be grateful for the old ones that stick around!! Love you girls... and where is our resident guy? Man. He's such a tease.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

snort...snort...page hog alert... isnt it nice whan I go on leave and give others a chance to speak up? I would get sick of me real quick.

Goin home for some more ground beef. please please please have it be cooked and ready to go!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

We need a challenge or something....any ideas? Like the 10 pounds for the month one, or even a 5 pound one would be great? I dont know. Like...who can not drink diet pop the longest? Or who can drink 8 glasses of water for 8 days straight? Come on ladies, lets come up with something!! We could even change our siggies to reflect the winner! Like IM2 is the best! We love IM2! She ate chicken, tuna and turkey for 7 days straight!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Im really going now....but I'll be back..
Old 09-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and I leave you with some quotes from the great actor Kirk Douglas, alive and kicking at 93 after surviviing a helicopter crash, stroke, and two knee replacements........

Personal Quotes...

In order to achieve anything you must be brave enough to fail.

I came from abject poverty. There was nowhere to go but up.

I think half the success in life comes from first trying to find out what you really want to do. And then going ahead and doing it.

12/9/2006

Today I celebrate my 90th birthday. I have a message to convey to America's young people. A 90th birthday is special. In my case, this birthday is not only special but miraculous. I survived World War II, a helicopter crash, a stroke, and two new knees. It's a tradition that when a "birthday boy" stands over his cake he makes a silent wish for his life and then blows out the candles. I have followed that tradition for 89 years but on my 90th birthday, I have decided to rebel. Instead of making a silent wish for myself, I want to make a loud wish for The World. Let's face it: The World is in a mess and you are inheriting it. Generation Y, you are on the cusp. You are the group facing many problems: abject poverty, global warming, genocide, AIDS and suicide bombers, to name a few. These problems exist and the world is silent. We have done very little to solve these problems. Now we leave it to you. You have to fix it because the situation is intolerable. You need to rebel, to speak up, write, vote, and care about people and the world you live in. We live in the best country in the world. I know. My parents were Russian immigrants. America is a country where EVERYONE, regardless of race, creed, or age has a chance. I had that chance. You are the generation that is most impacted and the generation that can make a difference. I love this country because I came from a life of poverty. I was able to work my way through college and go into acting, the field that I love. There is no guarantee in this country that you will be successful. But you always have a chance. Nothing should interfere with it. You have to make sure that nothing stands in the way. When I blow out my candles - 90! . . . it will take a long time . . . but I'll be thinking of you.

have a great night y'all.....
Old 09-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/196/160 5'5.5"
Hi everyone!

I'm in a bit of a funk...we got these gourmet cupcakes for my sister's birthday. I had a little bitty pinch off of one and I could feel myself teetering on the brink of complete abandon...and decided it wouldn't be worth it...it wasn't even enough to knock me out of ketosis (says the sticks)...just a very small bite...

But I've been 176 over a week now and I guess that makes me feel like the scales will never move again.

I know they eventually will...I'm just rambling...

I have to remind myself just because the scale's not moving...I've still lost weight...and I'm not gaining...

I took the extra cupcakes to school today...and they beckoned to me all day long...until I gave them away. I wish I could eat one or half of one and be satisfied...but I know I can't...I would want two or three...

I've increased my calories...there were some days I dont' think I was getting over 600 calories...with my coconut oil and maybe a pack of tuna all day long. I don't want my body to get used to eating so little...so I've upped my meat intake...

My off Stillman's lately is a little cream in my coffee...I haven't had a salad or brocolli this week...usually I do .

Maybe if I did straight Stillman's it would come off more quickly...but the cream and salad makes the journey a little more enjoyable...so...I shouldn't be griping about the slow loss! haha... I'm just preachin' to myself!

I hope you all have a meat filled labor day...my hubby grilled a bunch of chicken so I will have plenty to snack on...

I'm really proud of myself for not giving in to the cupcake demon...I'm proud that I could just take a taste and that was it.

It's all about learning new habits...not eating for emotional reasons...

Anybody had leg cramps??? Sometimes my calves feel sore...like I've really worked out, but I haven't. And one time I woke up with a terrible leg cramp in my calf...it didn't last long, but it really hurt!

Becky
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
Hey Martine! Happy bday, and thanks so much for going to all that effort to give us that wonderful info. Hugs.

SOmeone asked me about the meds I'm on for PCOS. It's a miracle drug. I feel like I'm on cloud 9. It's called Metformin ER. It lowers Insulin and inhibits the absorption of Glucose and also inhibits the added formation of Glucose in the Liver.

People with PCOS produce tons more Insulin, even on a LCdiet and this kills our bodies. Once I got rid of my Candida and Parasite issues, the problem still persisted with the bloating and wt. retention. So, I finally went to the Gyno and found out I had PCOS, and IR.

HOpe this help. If you have any q about it, let me know and I'm here to help you.

Knowledge is power. God bless.

B Oh, I've lost almost 4 lbs. in 2 days. Yippy. My blood sugar is totally stable and I lost my appetite. It's amazing.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:56 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm in a bit of a funk...we got these gourmet cupcakes for my sister's birthday. I had a little bitty pinch off of one and I could feel myself teetering on the brink of complete abandon...and decided it wouldn't be worth it...it wasn't even enough to knock me out of ketosis (says the sticks)...just a very small bite...

But I've been 176 over a week now and I guess that makes me feel like the scales will never move again.

I know they eventually will...I'm just rambling...

I have to remind myself just because the scale's not moving...I've still lost weight...and I'm not gaining...

I took the extra cupcakes to school today...and they beckoned to me all day long...until I gave them away. I wish I could eat one or half of one and be satisfied...but I know I can't...I would want two or three...

I've increased my calories...there were some days I dont' think I was getting over 600 calories...with my coconut oil and maybe a pack of tuna all day long. I don't want my body to get used to eating so little...so I've upped my meat intake...

My off Stillman's lately is a little cream in my coffee...I haven't had a salad or brocolli this week...usually I do .

Maybe if I did straight Stillman's it would come off more quickly...but the cream and salad makes the journey a little more enjoyable...so...I shouldn't be griping about the slow loss! haha... I'm just preachin' to myself!

I hope you all have a meat filled labor day...my hubby grilled a bunch of chicken so I will have plenty to snack on...

I'm really proud of myself for not giving in to the cupcake demon...I'm proud that I could just take a taste and that was it.

It's all about learning new habits...not eating for emotional reasons...

Anybody had leg cramps??? Sometimes my calves feel sore...like I've really worked out, but I haven't. And one time I woke up with a terrible leg cramp in my calf...it didn't last long, but it really hurt!

Becky
I know how you feel....my scale just repeats the same number, then in a week or two it's less. Gotta hang in there. Have the cream and salad, at least you're on plan-your plan. Whatever works. I won't give up milk in coffee or vodka, yet I still lose albeit slowly. I'll take it.

Whenever I have a carb standoff-me and a carb staring each other down-I just pick it up and hold it against my saddlebag thighs...mentally picturing how that cupcake would look stuck to your body will slay that dragon.
(holding cupcakes to thighs....'hmmm...do these make me look fat?')
yup

WTG on not caving!rock on!
Old 09-04-2010, 03:59 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Beth on the loss!!!!!! So happy for you that the meds are getting you stabilized!
Old 09-04-2010, 04:02 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

have a great day y'all
Old 09-04-2010, 04:47 AM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Becky! I know it mustve been tough staying away from those cupcakes and even tougher after one tiny bite! Your willpower is amazing. I totally would have ate it and went back for seconds. Shows how strong and determined you really are. Great job! I like like the idea of upping the meat. 600 calories is nothing and most of it probably came from the cocounut oil. Maybe you could also try eating fattier meat. It doesnt work well for everyone but some still have luck with it. Im down one pound after my ground beef fest. It may work for you.

Beth, Im so glad you have a handle on things and the meds are working for you. Its been a long struggle for you and through it all, your spirits are always up! Im so happy everything is going well for you. Congrats on the loss!

CC: You are doing great too! Your sticking to the plan and enjoying some extra delites and its working! Thats awesome!!! Your weight keeps goin down and never up. You rock woman!

Hows everyone else doing?
Old 09-04-2010, 05:22 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whole Foods Market® Announces Recall of Morningland Dairy and Ozark Hills Farm Cheese
Thu, 02 Sep 2010 13:46:00 -0500

The following press release was issued by Whole Foods Market's North Atlantic Region regarding the voluntary recall of Morningland Dairy of Mountain View, Missouri, Raw Goat Milk Mild Cheddar Cheese. Whole Foods Market’s North Atlantic region is announcing a voluntary recall Morningland Dairy and Ozark Hills Farm Raw Goat Milk Mild Cheddar Cheese due to possible contamination by Listeria and Staphylococcus aureus.

Azteca Linda Corp. Expands Recall of Queso Fresco Because of Possible Health Risk
Wed, 01 Sep 2010 17:41:00 -0500

Azteca Linda Corp. of Brooklyn, NY, is expanding the 8/24/10 recall of QUESO FRESCO (FRESH WHITE CHEESE (exp. SEP 11 2010) to include expiration date SEP 12 2010. In addition, the firm is recalling Queso El Azteca brand REQUESON (RICOTTA CHEESE) with expiration date SEP 19 2010 because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems...

California Firm Recalls Cooked Shredded Pork Skin Products Produced Without Inspection
Wed, 01 Sep 2010 21:30:35 -0500

Trinh Company, a San Jose, Calif., establishment, is recalling approximately 2,070 pounds of cooked shredded pork skin products because the products were produced without the benefit of federal inspection, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.

Last edited by CCGirl; 09-04-2010 at 05:25 AM..
Old 09-04-2010, 06:34 AM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Good Morning, peeps! Al. .are we on two different schedules? I never get to talk to you any more. . wahhh. .

Anyway. . off for an informal get together with my sissy today. Of course, there will be food involved. . always is. ..I think I'm gonna cheat again and run to the deli and pick up hot chicken wings. . I know its a little off program. .but it is definately better than eating those wonderful. ooey. .gooey. chocolatey. . OOO Snap . back to reality. .I mean. evil carbs!

I'm sipping my coffee (my one guilty pleasure) flavored, ever so slightly, with the new mocha peppermint creamer.. . I knew I shouldn't have bought it last week but it jumped in my cart and I had a coupon. .What was I supposed to do? OMG. .it is sooooo good. . I could drink it straight from the container. . but we won't go there, will we?

Did I mention, I still do not love my scale. I am sure it is possessed or something. . It loves the 150's and hates the 140's. . What gives. . Seriously, if I wasn't so darn broke right now. .I'd go buy 2 new ones just to make sure the first one wasn't lying to me! O well. . . at least I'm still here. .