Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 06:51 AM   #721
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
Can someone explain what "net carbs" mean? I've been looking at some products that are apparently "low carb" when in fact it has 20 carbs and 15 grams of fiber, therefore 5 net net carbs? I know this is more towards atkins but I was just wondering if anyone knew? Do you eat any foods like this? Is this allowable on a low/no carb diet?
I think you subtract the fibre from the carbs to get net carbs.....but....sometimes they have already been subtracted on the packet already-it just depends on the company!! So it's way too confusing!! I never believe those Atkins type products. The safest thing is whole foods!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2010, 06:52 AM   #722
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
I stay away from net carbs. (of course most of you know I stay away from everything!! LOl) But basically they subtract the carbs from the amount of fiber. This science is not exact, and I don't want to bow down to someone else's guess, because net carbs "sales". I know I sound fierce, but I didn't have good luck with those lo carb tortillas for some reason. I encourage everyone to stay as strictly Stillman as possible, and not be seduced by marketing strategies.

Went out with hubby tonight to celebrate his passing probation. I asked for a chicken breast $$25.00!!!! Good thing we had a gift certificate for the place! I asked for no marinade, and it came back with some crispy stuff on the skin. That came off the chicken fast, setting it aside!! The meat was juicy and good, and most likely filled with hormones and salty fluid, but had the courtesy not to mention this to my hubby who was celebrating. I just said "This is really good chicken!" He ordered prime rib and garlic mashed potatoes. I wasn't even tempted. It was funny, I told the waiter, please make sure my water glass is always filled, I am low on water today. I had 48 oz appx, 4 12 oz goblets. The waiter was great, he chimed "drink, drink, drink" what a trooper! Now I have to finish the remaining water and it is already 8 pm!

Congrats on all who lost, and all who stayed with Stillmans even if they didn't lose! I lost about 2 lbs this week. I have offically lost 30 lbs in 42 days. And I have 32 more to go!
Wore nylons and dress shoes because I can finally wear nylons again. Queen size, but can still wear them. I wear Q's anyway, because I am 5'9 and wear Q's even at goal weight so they are long enough! But I hadn't been able to wear nylons in about 7 years!! Hurray!

Squishy, congrats on your determination! You won!
Becky- Congrats on your 40 lbs!!
Getting there; Remember you can always satisfy your cravings at another time, like when you are on maintenance. Then your tastes will have changed, and very little will satisfy you!
Swebb; good job on going to the ipod and taking a walk. You did great not succumbing to all that junky food. Isn't it weird that junkiest foods are saved for football watching? I guess they figure, the junk will always keep us spectators... mmmm.

I am going to do a chore and exercise I hope! Take care girlfriends and if I missed congratulating anyone, please consider it done! I am proud of all my buddies on locarb friends... Nighty night.
Congrats on your losses again!!! And eek on the price of the chicken!!
Old 09-19-2010, 06:53 AM   #723
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
GT . .Becks. .Webb. . Al! You guys are right. . where is everyone?

We do still have one of the most rockin threads on LCF. . the others are sad. .sad. . sad compared to ours. . you can just feel the love pouring out of our pages!!

Squish: Great job. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:54 AM   #724
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I hate panty hose....cause ya'll wanted to know that.
Oh God I just laughed out loud!! Someone turned around to look!!
Old 09-19-2010, 06:54 AM   #725
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I think you subtract the fibre from the carbs to get net carbs.....but....sometimes they have already been subtracted on the packet already-it just depends on the company!! So it's way too confusing!! I never believe those Atkins type products. The safest thing is whole foods!!
I totally agree. . plus when you start adding those "Sugar Alcohols" in the mix.. Woo. Wee. . . You will be in for a huge surprise! My stomach still cannot tolerate them. .

Gt's correct. . whole foods are the best and most satisfying weigh to go!!
Old 09-19-2010, 06:55 AM   #726
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I hate panty hose....cause ya'll wanted to know that.
We call them tights!! Cos yall wanted to know that!!
Old 09-19-2010, 06:56 AM   #727
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I ate the tuna, and swigged the CL. It tasted awesome. I may start marinading my own tuna..
with CL????????
Old 09-19-2010, 06:57 AM   #728
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
OK....so I searched online for a restaurant style prime rib recipe. They had a coating of flour and seasonings on them!!! Man I hope that my favorite food has not been tainted. That would be a low blow for sure.....why ruin the perfect steak....
why indeed?? A coating of flour?? Why??
Old 09-19-2010, 06:57 AM   #729
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Im in for a stupendous stillman day too!!! As long as all my peeps check in, I'll be a happy camper!!!
I'm checking in!!
Old 09-19-2010, 06:58 AM   #730
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Tights are usually what the little girls wear. .the more sock-like ones.. that tend to wrinkle around the ankles! That just made me realize how much I hate cheap panty hose! Support hose is the only way to go. I had a pair of cheap ones on one day . .where I swear the crotch kept drooping to my knees and it made it very difficult to walk correctly. .I kept pulling and tugging. .So not worth being cheap when it comes to hose! I know. I wear them almost every day. . I love the extra tummy support I get from them. . Heck. .even when I was thinner, I used to wear them under my jeans (that was stupid) every day! . . OK. .

Ya'll did want to know that. I know you did!
Old 09-19-2010, 06:58 AM   #731
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Slim black cocktail dresses with red heels. thats m'goal.
You're already there!!
Old 09-19-2010, 06:59 AM   #732
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Ohhhhhh - If I got dressed like that I would NEVER make it to the party (I can see the hubbies eyebrows raising now!)
Quick put that dress on!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:00 AM   #733
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Roast beef/Pot Roast: How do you make it best? what cut do you buy?
(mine is always dry in the crockpot)

Im thinkin of wrapping it in bacon, and using the oven....mmmmmm
I had chicken wrapped in bacon the other day--it was goooood!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:01 AM   #734
Big Yapper!!!!

Would have been better with the roast potatoes that my other half had with it but....!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:02 AM   #735
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just cleaned out my end tables.. do you know there were about 20 diet books shoved in them? I found Low Carb for dummies and a diabetic cookbook which I'll look through to see if there is anything we can copy for Stillmans. . .gotta be something good in there. .
Old 09-19-2010, 07:04 AM   #736
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Hi gals! Just reading back through. (quickly). My internet is down. . so we only have one computer that works and I've been fighting my four kids over "my turn" .. ."My turn". .I finally had to resort to the I pay the bills around here. get off and let me check my email!! Then. .my home phone will not hold a charge (we have a cell). . my hubby's phone keeps shutting down and my son thinks he need a new one too. . How dependent we've become on electronics, eh?

Anyway. . still doing OK but I have to be extremely honest. . I'm thinking about defecting. . seriously. . I need to do something else. This just isn't working for me and I think the whole restrictive part is making me "cheat" on a more regular basis. I eat perfect for 4 days and then cheat for 1. .I'm really not doing myself any favors (I'm maintaining) but not losing. I peeked a while back at the South Beach Diet. . and played with it but never really gave it a fair shake. I think I am going to try it to see if works. 2 honest weeks. . that's what I'm going to give it. I'm going to follow it 100% (it will feel like cheating big time after doing Stillman's for so long). . but I really, really like the concept. . I will be doing induction so no "real" carbs. .just adding veggies, nuts, Salads (drool, drool). . I just think giving myself permission to enjoy some of these foods again will jump start my enthusiasm. . Hubby actually decided to do this before me so we are doing it together. He carbed up over the weekend and is having his last "drink" with Football today. . We agreed to exercise together. . I'm limitiing my caffiene to the 2 cups per day. which I think is a fair trade for the brocolli I will be able to eat!

Anyway, after that long rambling introduction, my real question is? Can I stay here, please . Peeps? You are such an inspiration that I really feel like I can't do this without you. You know we promised to see each other to goal, right? I vow not to list any of my menus and I vow to check in regularly. I plan to weigh daily and record my meals and progress in my dusty journal. . I would definately be lost without all of you. . .
Your pink Kittys always make me smile!! I think you should try something else Im2. I know we love QWL--but it doesn't work for everyone. I think shaking it up is a good idea, and South Beach etc are all healthy eating plans.
And of course you can stay--do ya need to ask???? We love you here. I love you here!!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:06 AM   #737
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
GT . .Becks. .Webb. . Al! You guys are right. . where is everyone?

We do still have one of the most rockin threads on LCF. . the others are sad. .sad. . sad compared to ours. . you can just feel the love pouring out of our pages!!

Squish: Great job. .
I agree!! Some of the others are depressing!! And *****ie!!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:07 AM   #738
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah. Thanks GT. .I was waiting patiently for you to catch up to my post. I can always tell where you left off by your comments!

I guess you are right. .we've been on this thread to long to defect. . You guys are always so great to everyone that I can't think of a better place to hang out. .

What a bunch of losers!!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:07 AM   #739
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I totally agree. . plus when you start adding those "Sugar Alcohols" in the mix.. Woo. Wee. . . You will be in for a huge surprise! My stomach still cannot tolerate them. .

Gt's correct. . whole foods are the best and most satisfying weigh to go!!
Yeah I've eaten those Atkins bars---never again-those sugar alcohols are evil!!!!!! And I agree with myself, clean and lean!!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:09 AM   #740
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Tights are usually what the little girls wear. .the more sock-like ones.. that tend to wrinkle around the ankles! That just made me realize how much I hate cheap panty hose! Support hose is the only way to go. I had a pair of cheap ones on one day . .where I swear the crotch kept drooping to my knees and it made it very difficult to walk correctly. .I kept pulling and tugging. .So not worth being cheap when it comes to hose! I know. I wear them almost every day. . I love the extra tummy support I get from them. . Heck. .even when I was thinner, I used to wear them under my jeans (that was stupid) every day! . . OK. .

Ya'll did want to know that. I know you did!
Oh yes we did!!!!!! I never wear the flesh coloured one--opaque black ones or coloured ones--but always opaque!!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:10 AM   #741
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I just cleaned out my end tables.. do you know there were about 20 diet books shoved in them? I found Low Carb for dummies and a diabetic cookbook which I'll look through to see if there is anything we can copy for Stillmans. . .gotta be something good in there. .
oooh low-carb for dummies!!!!!! I like the sound of that!!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:12 AM   #742
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Ah. Thanks GT. .I was waiting patiently for you to catch up to my post. I can always tell where you left off by your comments!

I guess you are right. .we've been on this thread to long to defect. . You guys are always so great to everyone that I can't think of a better place to hang out. .

What a bunch of losers!!
Yeah I'm slow!! And you know only recently did I discover hitting the back button after writing the reply. I used to go to the end each time and have to scrol back or remember which page I was on-and I used to think it was so annoying!! As I said I'm blonde!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:19 AM   #743
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok I goota go!! 4mins left---but worse my better half is giving me daggers!! poor fella has already stood outside a changing room for 20mins!! I just wanted to tell yall how excited I am!! I just bought a pair of "Super skinny" jeans in a size 4. I am a teeny weeny bit proud of myself, I gotta say!! Is that bad?? Probably!! But peeps 2 years ago I couldn't even shop in that store and didn't wear any jeans! And last year I def wasn't taking a size 4 and def not wearing super skinny ones!! I tell ya it makes everything worth while!! I am never ever going back to the way I was ever!! And I just want to say thanks you guys for the support. I love logging on her and hearing everyones personal successes!! I really am so glad I found this board!!
Ok gotta go!! Have a great day!BBL

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 09-19-2010, 07:21 AM   #744
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
ooooo yippy skippy. my buds have arrived!

goin to catch up now..
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:27 AM   #745
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2- You must stay! and I actually wouldnt mind reading about your menus!! I really like the idea of a new plan for you and I would actually suggest giving it more than a 2 week trial. It will probably take that long for your body to adjust and then you will be on your way. Try not to think of the nuts as cheats, although easier said then done. keep your new food list in check and portion control in check and you will get the results you deserve!!! Promise me you wont leave though..I love you too!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:27 AM   #746
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al:

Put it in the slow cooker when it is frozen. .throw some seasoning and let it go.. Mine is always super tender that way. . I think I'll need to make one now. thanks for the reminder!
mmmmm thanks!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:29 AM   #747
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
And eek on the price of the chicken!!
I hate paying for sides that I do not eat... the price for going out stead of cookin at home.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:30 AM   #748
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
i wore tights in second grade! thats cute!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:31 AM   #749
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
:blush::blush: Thanks!! .......but read the earlier ones....the ones with lots of willpower and no cheating eggs!!! Hee!!!
you DO have willpower!!!!! You only ate one egg!!!! That, my friend, is amazing!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:33 AM   #750
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Anyway. . still doing OK but I have to be extremely honest. . I'm thinking about defecting. . seriously. . I need to do something else.
Anyway, after that long rambling introduction, my real question is? Can I stay here, please . Peeps? You are such an inspiration that I really feel like I can't do this without you. You know we promised to see each other to goal, right? I vow not to list any of my menus and I vow to check in regularly. I plan to weigh daily and record my meals and progress in my dusty journal. . I would definately be lost without all of you. . .
IM - I for one would be VERY sad if you left. As we have all said - we need to do what works for us. If Stillman's isn't working for you then give something else a try. But STAY with us......please

Also, I would love to hear how South Beach works for you. It has the type of eating/menu that I think would work for me when i get to maintenance. So I will be very curious to hear what your experience is.
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote