Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 03:35 AM   #631
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Al! After all this time. . I think you and I are on an intimate level. . I can honestly say. . Rent. Glee! You will love it. . You will . . Hubby is even getting into it.. .Put it into your Netlix Que.. you will thank me later. . I'm loving it!
I'll be adding it to the queue when I get home!!! Gonna watch Letters to Juliet tonight..
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2010, 03:36 AM   #632
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Ugh why is it that when you choose sort price low to high on Amazn they never sort that waylooking for a flat screen deal..........best so far is a 37" Vizio for 319.00........then a 42" for 429.99.......
the bigger the better!!
Old 09-18-2010, 03:39 AM   #633
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
for a single quote, hit the large quote button in the box where they wrote stuff. The screen will refresh with the quoted text above and space for you to respond below.
Anything...also wanted to add....

if you happen to erase the end of the message that says: [/QUOTE] The text will not be in a pretty box! Ive done that so many times!!!

Now the multiquoting that CC does is truly amazing but Im sure probably way too tough for me!!
Old 09-18-2010, 03:40 AM   #634
Blabbermouth!!!

oh boy Im excited....wonder if Becky will hit the 160s today!!!
Old 09-18-2010, 03:41 AM   #635
Blabbermouth!!!

msgirl: I'll match your waters to Crystal Light! The challenge is on!

IM2- I'll match you some wall ppush-ups..

Whos in for squats??
Old 09-18-2010, 04:30 AM   #636
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post

ps... I have room for an exercise bike now!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:34 AM   #637
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I think I'm in for the night, Peeps. . finally! I"m sick of running. .tomorrow we have a football game so I won't be around which means I have to get all my work done tonight. Chomping on ground beef and hot sauce as I'm typing. .Yummy! I made some stew meat with onion soup mix in the slow cooker last night and that's what I had for breakfast/lunch. . that's it for today. .

So, last night my other son informed us he had band practice which only left 2 hours to do the birthday thing with my other son. He chose not to go out to eat due to the time limit (Yay!!) and wanted to go to the mall to find some new shoes! . .Ya know. Tennis shoes are so important to a 15 year old. It was pretty sad. . I realized that the economy is really hurting. . there were no shoe stores in the first mall we went to. . NONE! So we had to drive to the next town over and almost all the stores in that mall are closed too. . Wow. . I dont' mall shop very often but it definately points to a weakened economy when even the chain stores can't stay open. Our Disney store, Franklin, Foot Locker. .all gone, gone, gone. They also closed the doors (this week) on all the Lone Star Steakhouses in the area. .no notice. . nothing. . employees came to work and found a note on the door!! I guess I have to count my blessings that I still have a job. .

I'm still hungry! Would it be so wrong to eat the entire pound of burger before hubby gets home from his appointment? He would do it to me. . Mmmm. tempting, tempting. .

OK. Does anyone watch Glee? I got the Netflix version and started watching it last night. . I may be hooked. . I can't wait to see the Ga Ga one again. . that is the only one I saw on TV and it intrigued me. . . speaking of Ga Ga. . I'ma gonna google the awards show and see this infamous meat dress. . I miss out on everything. .
Yeah the economy is really bad here too. Things are losing left right and centre.

Watched Glee a couple of times! didn't really do anything for me !
Old 09-18-2010, 04:35 AM   #638
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jani07 View Post
Hello everyone

I did the Stillman Diet when it first came out. I was a teenager and my mother had the original copy of the diet. As I recall I did very well on the diet although I didn't have a lot of weight to lose. Now a few decades later I need to lose about 90 lbs and have decided to go back to the Stillman Diet because it is quick and I have limited patience - lol. I am going to start tomorrow and will post my results as I go along. I hope I am welcome and I am sure I will get some good advice and encouragement along the way. I really need to get this weight off and keep it off. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Hi Jani!! Welcome!!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:38 AM   #639
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
back to the basement! I found hubbys first email he ever wrote me yesterday from 10 years ago! Seriously peeps. I saved every last thing!!!! the bracelet my son was wearing from the hospital...my first Dave Matthews band tickets...a waterbottle from the first techo club I went to...a poem my Mom wrote me about the day she accidentally washed my tongue ring down the drain!!! hahahaha.... if my daughter ever comes hme with her tongue peirced, I will flush it on purpose! hahaha
Oh keep them Al!!!
You had a tongue ring--you were too cool!!
No daughter of mine will ever have a piercing!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:40 AM   #640
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Just a quick pop-in... My DH took me on a short vacation for our 30th Anniversary this past weekend. A week at the beach was just what I needed. Had to buy a new swim-suit because mine were all too big!

I did manage to weigh-in on September 10th. That was my 6 month Stillmansversary. drum roll.......... total weigh GONE forever = 61 pounds

Could not have done it without the support of this list.

I know I gained a few back while on vacation but I am ok with that.

Off to catch up on all the posts I missed.
Hi Sharon!! Love the avi!! Yay in the losses--WTG you!!! Glad you had a great time!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:44 AM   #641
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
Thanks you!

And yes, pants being too big is a plus. Sad for me I just spent $16 last week getting them shortened!! I'm going to have to bring them in to get taken in too!! lol
Great that they're getting smaller!! Ah the power of Stillman's!!!!!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:46 AM   #642
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Today was my weigh in for the "Pound for Pound" Challenge. I have lost 61 pounds That means 61 pounds of food will be donated to my local Food Bank!!

Pound For Pound Challenge
That's brilliant Sharon!!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:48 AM   #643
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Didnt weigh yet. Still hoping for 119 on Monday!!
You will!!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:50 AM   #644
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Anything...also wanted to add....

if you happen to erase the end of the message that says:
The text will not be in a pretty box! Ive done that so many times!!!

Now the multiquoting that CC does is truly amazing but Im sure probably way too tough for me!! [/QUOTE]

Yeah I want to be able to do that! I tried it once--it didn't work!!!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:50 AM   #645
Big Yapper!!!!

Al I see you green light!! Helloooooooooooo!!!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:58 AM   #646
Big Yapper!!!!

Just read your 4 pages peeps!!! Wow!! Congrats on all the losses!!! I've nothing to report--oh I had the Cadbury Screme Egg!!!!!!! Ya knew I would!!! It was not as good as the real ones--the green gooh--yuk!!! I've been good (ish) apart from that!! had an apple and a banana yesterday!! The banana was soooo goood--a lot better than the egg!! I think they're gonna be my treats from now on cos they taste so good and sweet so I get the sweet kick--and I know they do have carbs but they're a lot better than choc!! Apart from that I've been on plan--lots of tuna!! And I'm keeping up the exercise--got Mari's arm DVD and pink (of course!) 2lb arm weights so hopefully I'll tone up the batwings!! But the scale is not moving--that's a bit of a pain!! But there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm just gonna keep on going!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 09-18-2010, 05:50 AM   #647
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/190/160 5'5.5"
Checking in today FORTY pounds lighter than I was June 14!!!

I just can't believe how easy this has been...and how much better I feel...and how I have no tiredness of the plan...I'm amazed!!!

AL, I've tired of tuna a bit, and eggs, and even tilapia...but I've not yet tired of STEAK!!! God's perfect food! : )

When I set my goal at 160 I was doubtful I'd get there...but if my body's willing, I may shoot for somewhere in my healthy weight suggestion for my height...I dunno. I don't think I'll be ready to call goal at 9 more pounds.

I'm scared of maintenance!!

Thank you everyone for being here and so supportive! I wish I could treat us all to steak!! (AL, you are right, Outback puts the tastiest seasoning on theirs!)

I love, love, love you all!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:06 AM   #648
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oh keep them Al!!!
You had a tongue ring--you were too cool!!
No daughter of mine will ever have a piercing!!!!!!
what other way to stop myself from eating! Im kidding.. guess I shouldve pierced my lips shut
Old 09-18-2010, 06:08 AM   #649
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Just read your 4 pages peeps!!! Wow!! Congrats on all the losses!!! I've nothing to report--oh I had the Cadbury Screme Egg!!!!!!! Ya knew I would!!! It was not as good as the real ones--the green gooh--yuk!!! I've been good (ish) apart from that!! had an apple and a banana yesterday!! The banana was soooo goood--a lot better than the egg!! I think they're gonna be my treats from now on cos they taste so good and sweet so I get the sweet kick--and I know they do have carbs but they're a lot better than choc!! Apart from that I've been on plan--lots of tuna!! And I'm keeping up the exercise--got Mari's arm DVD and pink (of course!) 2lb arm weights so hopefully I'll tone up the batwings!! But the scale is not moving--that's a bit of a pain!! But there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm just gonna keep on going!!
great idea to use fruit as dessert! mmmm bananas... You are doing a great job GT! Keeping everythinhg in check. I love it!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:14 AM   #650
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post

I just can't believe how easy this has been...and how much better I feel...and how I have no tiredness of the plan...I'm amazed!!!

AL, I've tired of tuna a bit, and eggs, and even tilapia...but I've not yet tired of STEAK!!! God's perfect food! : )

When I set my goal at 160 I was doubtful I'd get there...but if my body's willing, I may shoot for somewhere in my healthy weight suggestion for my height...I dunno. I don't think I'll be ready to call goal at 9 more pounds.

Thank you everyone for being here and so supportive! I wish I could treat us all to steak!! (AL, you are right, Outback puts the tastiest seasoning on theirs!)

We love you too! Dont be scared of maintenance. We can keep eating meat until we figure it out. I was able to maintain by upping the fat even higher, but keeping the control, energy, and good feelings meat gave me. Its when I started adding those evil carbs back that my control was lost. This time around, Im gonna stick to what IM2 always tells me.. the good healthy stuff: veggies, cheese, nuts, etc.. but yet again, I really dont have the desire to stray from meat. we'll see what happens.

I bet you do end up passing your 160 goal, maybe even into the 140s. Mine was 140, then 135, then 120, got to 113, and now I want to see what 110 looks like. (plus it gives me wiggle room if the cheese and nuts and salads backfire on me.)
Old 09-18-2010, 06:16 AM   #651
Blabbermouth!!!

Becky...you are gonna be soo skinny at the holiday parties this year!!! Are you siked?
Old 09-18-2010, 06:25 AM   #652
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Wow Becky!! Your results are truly amazing!!!
Maintenance is a scary place!! He!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:25 AM   #653
Blabbermouth!!!

I will not eat a cadbury creme egg filled with green goo.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:26 AM   #654
Major LCF Poster!

Oh the issues I have with food!! When I was eating basic LC...I enjoyed it, but my losses were so slow I got frustrated and thought. "What's the use!??" So I guess eventually I'll transition back to that way of eating to maintain. Like you said adding in veggies, cheese,and stuff like sour cream and cream cheese. But right now I have no cravings or desire for that stuff...and I'm afraid if I reintroduce that stuff it will ignite cravings....

So for now, I'm enjoyng being my carnivore self, taking my CO and loads of vitamins...

I rely heavily on this board for support!!

Quote:
We love you too! Dont be scared of maintenance. We can keep eating meat until we figure it out. I was able to maintain by upping the fat even higher, but keeping the control, energy, and good feelings meat gave me. Its when I started adding those evil carbs back that my control was lost. This time around, Im gonna stick to what IM2 always tells me.. the good healthy stuff: veggies, cheese, nuts, etc.. but yet again, I really dont have the desire to stray from meat. we'll see what happens.

I bet you do end up passing your 160 goal, maybe even into the 140s. Mine was 140, then 135, then 120, got to 113, and now I want to see what 110 looks like. (plus it gives me wiggle room if the cheese and nuts and salads backfire on me.)
Old 09-18-2010, 06:26 AM   #655
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
guess I shouldve pierced my lips shut
oooh the pain!!!!!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:27 AM   #656
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Becky...you are gonna be soo skinny at the holiday parties this year!!! Are you siked?
I have thought about Christmas Card pics!! haha Last year I did the, "Standing behind my kids and leaning over so that my double chin wouldn't show as much" trick!

That won't be a problem this year!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:28 AM   #657
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Old 09-18-2010, 06:29 AM   #658
Major LCF Poster!

There ya go...resist the devil and he will flee!!! James 4:7!!!

Quote:
Old 09-18-2010, 06:31 AM   #659
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Like you said adding in veggies, cheese,and stuff like sour cream and cream cheese. But right now I have no cravings or desire for that stuff...and I'm afraid if I reintroduce that stuff it will ignite cravings....
You were able to eat brocolli and not dive in for the dessert! You have the power Becky!

You know...maybe its not that I dont have the deisre for other things, because now Im thinking about low carb wraps with chicken, cheese and sour cream! I guess I too am just afraid of the cravings too and messing it all up.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:32 AM   #660
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Oh the issues I have with food!! When I was eating basic LC...I enjoyed it, but my losses were so slow I got frustrated and thought. "What's the use!??" So I guess eventually I'll transition back to that way of eating to maintain. Like you said adding in veggies, cheese,and stuff like sour cream and cream cheese. But right now I have no cravings or desire for that stuff...and I'm afraid if I reintroduce that stuff it will ignite cravings....

So for now, I'm enjoyng being my carnivore self, taking my CO and loads of vitamins...

I rely heavily on this board for support!!
Yeah I agree--veggies are good!! Noone ever got fat eating lean clean meat, fish, eggs (no not the choc variety!) and veggies and some fruit!! That's gonna be my maintenance too! That and a very few wholegrains--like maybe oatmeal! (so comforting in the winter!)And maybe the occasional treat! But it's low-carb for ever for me!! Kinda doing maintenance now--that's prob why I'm losing nothing!!! It's the 14day one! And for me for maintenance exercise will be key! Have to keep that up!