Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 05:25 AM   #571
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
ta-ta
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2010, 06:04 AM   #572
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
That is the best news I heard all Day!!! You rock! . .WTG. . rid ye closet of all stuff you don't need or wear. . . I'm loving it. . I sure wish i could go down a size or two. I'm stuck in 12's (pants) and 14 tops. . I need to get into the single digits..

I will . I will .I will. . I did not eat all the burger just for the record.. I was nice!
It's tough for me..........I have clothes from 1991 that I never gave up on the hope they would fit again.....thanks to the good doc they do.....love the doc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jani07 View Post
Hello everyone

I did the Stillman Diet when it first came out. I was a teenager and my mother had the original copy of the diet. As I recall I did very well on the diet although I didn't have a lot of weight to lose. Now a few decades later I need to lose about 90 lbs and have decided to go back to the Stillman Diet because it is quick and I have limited patience - lol. I am going to start tomorrow and will post my results as I go along. I hope I am welcome and I am sure I will get some good advice and encouragement along the way. I really need to get this weight off and keep it off. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
go for it!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I dont think anyone would want my stuff...lots of boy clothes and fashion bug. I never wanted to spend big bucks on clothes I hated.
I know that feeling..never liked fashion bug 'cept once in awhile would score a shoe deal....and the rewards for losing is that now you get the nice stuff!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I didnt weigh today...my menu yesterday was ground beef, chicken breast and cube steak. Cube steak is not yummy with out ketchup. I dont even think I can eat the leftovers today.

Back to chicken for today!! I want one more pound gone by tomorrow, gonna be in the teens by Monday. Thats the plan and I expect it to come true...
WTG!!!!!!!!! I gotta get focused and up the water intake...now that cooler weather is here I just don't feel like it.......bad girl, bad girl. :blush:

Gotta bust into the 160s by end of month......sick of floating around at the same number

Gonna go boil up some eggs...........BBL have a gr8 day all!!!!!!!!!!1
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:38 AM   #573
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/193/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Gotta bust into the 160s by end of month......sick of floating around at the same number

Me too CCGirl!! Me too!! Let's bust through these 70's!
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:39 AM   #574
Major LCF Poster!

What sweet memories!!

Quote:
back to the basement! I found hubbys first email he ever wrote me yesterday from 10 years ago! Seriously peeps. I saved every last thing!!!! the bracelet my son was wearing from the hospital...my first Dave Matthews band tickets...a waterbottle from the first techo club I went to...a poem my Mom wrote me about the day she accidentally washed my tongue ring down the drain!!! hahahaha.... if my daughter ever comes hme with her tongue peirced, I will flush it on purpose! hahaha
Old 09-16-2010, 06:47 AM   #575
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Me too CCGirl!! Me too!! Let's bust through these 70's!
Oh yes we can!!!!!!!!!!I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 08:30 AM   #576
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Jani; Welcome and may you have grace for every effort you put into this! It gets easy!!
CC: I went to the my plate website and signed up. I was shocked, (and relieved) to know that those hot dogs (100% all beef) have 3 carbs a piece!! Yesterday I had 20 carbs without having a clue! What a revelation! Those hotdogs go in the freezer today!! In order to break the cycle of my stagnant situation, I am going to eat just eggs for awhile. It won't kill me and they are very filling with mustard. My sodium was about 1300 over the daily total too, and mustard has a ton of that! That was without adding the mustard to Myplate. Which I just remembered to do! So my sodium has been out of bounds with the hot dogs as well. I am going to try to find my diruetic was well!! I have to go out to eat on Saturday... So I will go eggs only for two days, eat a steak, then back on eggs the remainder of the week and will report back. I am anticipating a major loss. Wish I liked Tuna, but have gotten leary of eating it the few years.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:32 AM   #577
Senior LCF Member

Have a lot to do today, so I will get back with you all tonight after I trampoline. You will be my "treat" for exercising. No tramp, no treat! : )
Old 09-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #578
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Just a quick pop-in... My DH took me on a short vacation for our 30th Anniversary this past weekend. A week at the beach was just what I needed. Had to buy a new swim-suit because mine were all too big!

I did manage to weigh-in on September 10th. That was my 6 month Stillmansversary. drum roll.......... total weigh GONE forever = 61 pounds

Could not have done it without the support of this list.

I know I gained a few back while on vacation but I am ok with that.

Off to catch up on all the posts I missed.
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:08 AM   #579
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Anybody had leg cramps??? Sometimes my calves feel sore...like I've really worked out, but I haven't. And one time I woke up with a terrible leg cramp in my calf...it didn't last long, but it really hurt!

Becky
In the beginning I had leg cramps. I upped my potassium and haven't experienced them again
Old 09-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #580
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
Hey Anything! I did an all egg white thing a few yrs back and lost 15 lbs. in 2 weeks, then I stalled out as my cals were wayyyyyy toooo low. It really get's ya out of a stall, fast.
Beth Sch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #581
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Just a quick pop-in... My DH took me on a short vacation for our 30th Anniversary this past weekend. A week at the beach was just what I needed. Had to buy a new swim-suit because mine were all too big!

I did manage to weigh-in on September 10th. That was my 6 month Stillmansversary. drum roll.......... total weigh GONE forever = 61 pounds

Yay Swebb!! I'm so glad to hear from you! Congrats on the 30 years of marriage and the 6 month anniversary of Stillmans! That is wonderful on both accounts!

This list is very important to me too...no one around me would understand my all meat talk...but you all do! : )
Old 09-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #582
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday I had four chicken breasts (and my 530 cals of CO) ...I was all out of beef or steak. I wondered when I woke up this morning if maybe I lose better with beef. I had no loss this morning.

I just ate some scrambled eggs for lunch...but I think I'll go get some beef for later! Hubby will be home and he's so good on that grill for me! : )

I want to see the 160's so badly. In July of 2008 I was sick of Jenny Craig, but it did get me down to 167.8 for two days...then I started gaining and didn't stop...I'm going to feel so accomplished when I get below 167!

Quote:
I didnt weigh today...my menu yesterday was ground beef, chicken breast and cube steak. Cube steak is not yummy with out ketchup. I dont even think I can eat the leftovers today.

Back to chicken for today!! I want one more pound gone by tomorrow, gonna be in the teens by Monday. Thats the plan and I expect it to come true...
Old 09-16-2010, 02:56 PM   #583
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Jani; Welcome and may you have grace for every effort you put into this! It gets easy!!

CC: I went to the my plate website and signed up. I was shocked, (and relieved) to know that those hot dogs (100% all beef) have 3 carbs a piece!! Yesterday I had 20 carbs without having a clue! What a revelation! Those hotdogs go in the freezer today!! In order to break the cycle of my stagnant situation, I am going to eat just eggs for awhile. It won't kill me and they are very filling with mustard. My sodium was about 1300 over the daily total too, and mustard has a ton of that! That was without adding the mustard to Myplate. Which I just remembered to do! So my sodium has been out of bounds with the hot dogs as well. I am going to try to find my diruetic was well!! I have to go out to eat on Saturday... So I will go eggs only for two days, eat a steak, then back on eggs the remainder of the week and will report back. I am anticipating a major loss. Wish I liked Tuna, but have gotten leary of eating it the few years.
whoa, feed them dogs to the dogs! Were they all beef or turkey?

More important-what were your calorie totals?

Quote:

WTG Sharon!!!!!!!!!Missed you! Happy Stillanniversary!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
Hey Anything! I did an all egg white thing a few yrs back and lost 15 lbs. in 2 weeks, then I stalled out as my cals were wayyyyyy toooo low. It really get's ya out of a stall, fast.
whew, I'm still getting rid of veggies from Mom's visit but that sounds like a good plan B.

Quote:
Yesterday I had four chicken breasts (and my 530 cals of CO) ...I was all out of beef or steak. I wondered when I woke up this morning if maybe I lose better with beef. I had no loss this morning.

I just ate some scrambled eggs for lunch...but I think I'll go get some beef for later! Hubby will be home and he's so good on that grill for me! : )

I want to see the 160's so badly. In July of 2008 I was sick of Jenny Craig, but it did get me down to 167.8 for two days...then I started gaining and didn't stop...I'm going to feel so accomplished when I get below 167!
I know what you mean, girl.........last good weight for me was sz 8 157 lb. in 1991 and I had to do WW all summer just to get there from 170. I kept it off for about a year.

todays menu

1 egg 2 egg white omelet 1 oz cheddar 1 oz tomato coffee w/light cream

2 bottles water

chicken soup mostly chicken with a few carrot slices

coffee w/cream again my butt was draggin

not hungry yet so dinner's a toss up-I usually skip it if I'm doing cocktails, which I will try to abstain tonight.......tough when your DBF is the King O'Beer

O and as usual 2 mile walk, too...I figured I'd better do it because tonight and tomorrow it's going to pour
Old 09-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #584
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugh why is it that when you choose sort price low to high on Amazn they never sort that waylooking for a flat screen deal..........best so far is a 37" Vizio for 319.00........then a 42" for 429.99.......
Old 09-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #585
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

WTG Sharon!!!!!!!!!Missed you! Happy Stillanniversary!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks

Just want you to know I am jealous of where you live I visited that area a few years ago when my daughter was competing with her horse and we came up to Lake Placid. That area is certainly beautiful. One day I will be back to visit (at least a much thinner version of me )
Old 09-16-2010, 04:24 PM   #586
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks

Just want you to know I am jealous of where you live I visited that area a few years ago when my daughter was competing with her horse and we came up to Lake Placid. That area is certainly beautiful. One day I will be back to visit (at least a much thinner version of me )
Well, it's a nice place to visit or retire, but don't even think of moving here and trying to find a good job. We are overtaxed to death and the tree huggers are closing in every day.

Placid is about two hours north of me-I'm down around Lake George.

We have grown to love the solitude and peace and quiet. Fortunately we both had skilled trades which pay more than most. But we walked away from a lot of money in Fairfield county Connecticut and it was a rough adjustment. The cost of living isn't that much less. People can be small minded and greedy.

The nearest Macy's is an hour and a half away. The great metropolis for groceries and Wally world is forty five minutes.

you have to grow into bein' a redneck gal to like it.

when we moved from CT all our friends said we were nuts but we figured the big city would always be there if we missed it, but ten acres and a shack...well, let's just say they're not makin' more of these places.

If you've ever seen the movie 'The Quiet Man' ........the little cottage called White a Morn......this is our White O Morn.

you might be an Adirondack redneck gal if:

you wear barn shoes to get your truck to go to town and then change into your Coach flats so you won't get horse poo on them

you have a cooler in your truck to keep groceries cold because the weekly shopping trip takes seven hours to complete (includes travel time and nail appt.)

you start stocking up on 18 lb. cat litter and other heavy items in September so when you go shopping in December you won't have to deal with them when it's a blizzard

the snow broom stays in your truck all year

your cell phone service area is sixteen miles from home

the store clerks thinks you're from downstate because you're not wearing flip flops and dirty sweatpants when you go shopping

you get lightheaded when there's a clearance sale at Tractor Supply

you have a pink John Deere license plate in the back window of your summer car

Authentic John Deere clothing is a status symbol in town

You keep utility gloves in your vehicle in case you have to stop for hay or lumber, or find an unexpected collectible tractor at a yard sale

the Hewlett Packard factory rep whom you befriended at Staples meets you at the grocery store parking lot to fix your pc on the side, and also does roofing if you need him.

.................................................. ....................

don't be laughin' now, these are all true

Last edited by CCGirl; 09-16-2010 at 04:26 PM..
Old 09-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #587
Senior LCF Member

More important-what were your calorie totals? (posted by CCgirl)

CCgirl; My hot dogs are now frozen. They were 100% all beef with "no fillers, no this no that" and were Kosher (Hebrew National brand 97% fat free) . It didn't show any sugars in them either, but were still 3 carbs each, so something was up. My calorie total yesterday was 1,038 total. So I am beginning to try to find the sneaky stuff. I was over 3000 in sodium though, and it should be under 2000 a day according to nutritionists. And I retain water. So I am going to have to lay off the mustard too, at least measure it.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #588
Senior LCF Member

How do you guys get the frames in the text where someone posted in order to copy it?
Old 09-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #589
Senior LCF Member

Beth Sch: So the egg whites will get me out of a stall, and put me back in one? Is that what happened to you? Did you spice up the egg whites at all? Oopsies might work.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #590
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
How do you guys get the frames in the text where someone posted in order to copy it?
for a single quote, hit the large quote button in the box where they wrote stuff. The screen will refresh with the quoted text above and space for you to respond below.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #591
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

More important-what were your calorie totals? (posted by CCgirl)

CCgirl; My hot dogs are now frozen. They were 100% all beef with "no fillers, no this no that" and were Kosher (Hebrew National brand 97% fat free) . It didn't show any sugars in them either, but were still 3 carbs each, so something was up. My calorie total yesterday was 1,038 total. So I am beginning to try to find the sneaky stuff. I was over 3000 in sodium though, and it should be under 2000 a day according to nutritionists. And I retain water. So I am going to have to lay off the mustard too, at least measure it.
I KNEW your cals were low!

Yeah, put those dogs in the doghouse, but I really wouldn't worry about the mustard-who eats a cup of mustard anyway?

now you are epowered-never assume what's in a processed food and read labels!

It gets better every day!

Oh and don't worry about a diuretic, just pound down lotsa water and it will flush your salt and fat, too!

Last edited by CCGirl; 09-16-2010 at 05:21 PM..
Old 09-16-2010, 05:55 PM   #592
Senior LCF Member

Finished eating for today.....the menu was:

B: Turkey Burger w/ Spicy Mustard
L: Tuna Pouch w/ 1 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese
S: 6 oz. grilled Hamburger
D: Grilled Chicken Breast w/ Jerk Seasoning

100 oz water and I forgot to buy more vitamins so will have to get those tomorrow.

Goal 190 by October 1st
Old 09-16-2010, 06:30 PM   #593
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
So I weighed less tonight than I did this morning (I felt thinner because my pants were falling down. BIZARRE) Speaking of bizarre...there's no place like home! I was at grad school tonight...(Queens College, in NY) and apparently (it hasn't been confirmed yet) We had a TORNADO! We walked out of class and there were fallen trees everywhere, light posts down in the parking lots...it took me 2 hours to get home!! (Normally it's a 25 minute drive!!) And tonight was supposed to be my early night!!
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:49 PM   #594
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Finished eating for today.....the menu was:

B: Turkey Burger w/ Spicy Mustard
L: Tuna Pouch w/ 1 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese
S: 6 oz. grilled Hamburger
D: Grilled Chicken Breast w/ Jerk Seasoning

100 oz water and I forgot to buy more vitamins so will have to get those tomorrow.

Goal 190 by October 1st
OMG the hydration Queen.........how do u do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
So I weighed less tonight than I did this morning (I felt thinner because my pants were falling down. BIZARRE) Speaking of bizarre...there's no place like home! I was at grad school tonight...(Queens College, in NY) and apparently (it hasn't been confirmed yet) We had a TORNADO! We walked out of class and there were fallen trees everywhere, light posts down in the parking lots...it took me 2 hours to get home!! (Normally it's a 25 minute drive!!) And tonight was supposed to be my early night!!
o baby girl, be safe, cell phone charger, water, blanket, flashlight and some twenty single dollar bills in the glove box in case the ATM's are out.......glad ur OK

squishy booty alert......no pants that fit.....yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaw!

giving new life to the phrase drop back and puntWTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by CCGirl; 09-16-2010 at 06:58 PM..
Old 09-16-2010, 06:55 PM   #595
Senior LCF Member

Crazy night....I'm so ready for bed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00647.jpg (49.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00650.jpg (37.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00649.jpg (50.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00648.jpg (61.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #596
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

o baby girl, be safe, cell phone charger, water, blanket, flashlight and some twenty single dollar bills in the glove box in case the ATM's are out.......glad ur OK

squishy booty alert......no pants that fit.....yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaw!

gibing new life to the phrase drop back and puntWTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks you!

And yes, pants being too big is a plus. Sad for me I just spent $16 last week getting them shortened!! I'm going to have to bring them in to get taken in too!! lol
Old 09-16-2010, 07:05 PM   #597
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
Thanks you!

And yes, pants being too big is a plus. Sad for me I just spent $16 last week getting them shortened!! I'm going to have to bring them in to get taken in too!! lol
Oh, no girl..........a new pair at TJXX is the same money or less.

I took my sz 10 Xpress stretch jeans out of the cedar chest for the last time last week.

You know, the ones that have saved you from TOM and too fat to put on anything else days. I have had them for at least ten years, they were always my go to pair when life got too big.

I lovingly put them in the church donation bag and told them, 'Now, go and save another fat girl from feeling miserable...your job here is done.'

And I will never look back.

“”When you need me, but do not want me, then I must stay. When you want me, but no longer need me, then I have to go”.

Nanny McPhee
Old 09-16-2010, 07:05 PM   #598
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG the hydration Queen.........how do u do it?
Usually I have trouble getting all my liquids in but I took a Claritin-D this morning and could NOT get rid of the "dry mouth" feeling. Hopefully all this liquid will help flush the melting fat right out of my body ..... here's hoping!
Old 09-16-2010, 07:10 PM   #599
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG I"m sure it will...........go you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took it once...the heart palpitations were frightening.............but if that's ur secret to hydration then I must bone up on decongestiants.........the baaaaaaaaad ones that you have to take the card for and go up to the counter.....

alas, for the good old white cross days............whatever happened to the nickel bag diet score
Old 09-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #600
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

flush flush flush the fat, flush the fat ashore

merrily nerrily merrily now I'm an expensive wh-re

OMG this is toooooo funny while in wally world looking as exquisite as i always do in my Coach wedge heels and no belly and the girls at attention

a TEENAGER I overheard saying 'ho ho ho'

I turned round and said 'and a damn well paid one, too, sweetie; these are two hundredd dollah shoes, and a twelve thousand dollah engagement ring...can you keep up?'

ah, youth, all mouth and no a$$