Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 07:08 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Hi everyone! Sorry I hadn't posted sooner. Today is my birthday... and I had lunch with my sister in Santa Barbara... beautiful there! I stayed with Stillmans. Had one grilled chicken breast and water. The best b-day present I got was 2 people in the last 24 hours noticed that I lost weight! Yay!! I am again, at a stand still, but will in no way, by God's grace cheat on this diet. Finally after a decade, I have been granted the will power and grace to do this! Onward and upward in September!! It is going to be a great month for us all!!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2010, 07:08 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
CC! Don't ever leave me. . I look forward to logging in and learning .. you are the teacher among teachers! A + to you . xoxoxoxo
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. .we are missing some very serious losing peeps this month. . After next week. no excuses.. everyone is back in school. . summer is officially over and its time to work our butts off.. We need to be slim and trim to fit into our Halloween outfit.. I'm thinking dirty nurse or too hot for teacher or perhaps devilish girly devil. .. Let's roll..

Dustin. .. that horse is starting to smell...clean up the poo poo and get back on! Time's a wasting. ..
Old 09-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

(((( sigh )))) I already miss Gwn. .
Old 09-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Happy Birthday Anything! I'm so proud of you for staying on plan!! The gift of self control reaps many rewards!!! : )

My sister's birthday is tomorrow...I'm going to get some fancy cupcakes...but I won't eat any.

It's so weird how I can wake up in the morning and "feel" if I have a loss or not...I feel like I'll be stuck for a while...I hope I'm wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Hi everyone! Sorry I hadn't posted sooner. Today is my birthday... and I had lunch with my sister in Santa Barbara... beautiful there! I stayed with Stillmans. Had one grilled chicken breast and water. The best b-day present I got was 2 people in the last 24 hours noticed that I lost weight! Yay!! I am again, at a stand still, but will in no way, by God's grace cheat on this diet. Finally after a decade, I have been granted the will power and grace to do this! Onward and upward in September!! It is going to be a great month for us all!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
I hope all your wishes come true!
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oops.. Happy Birthday!!! I am sure your wishes will come true. . you just hafta believe...
Old 09-01-2010, 10:18 PM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: martine
Stats: 315/264/120
Start Date: 8/25/10
Hi yall,

I'm pretty new here... I've been doing STILLMAN'S for a wk & lost like 12 lbs, gained like 6 from TOM, & been losing every day like 0.4-0.8 caus I learned the secret of taking B complex vitamins & the B6 especially... That's amazing caus usually during TOM I stall for like 2 weeks straight... however my skin's been getting really loose so I know there's fat blasting goin' on... Just wonderin' 2 those of u ladies who've had success using STILLMAN'S... during TOM, for how long do u stall? I also wanted to know if there may be a thread specifically for TOM so I can read other's experiences & orient myself on the hows & whats. I'd lost like 72 lb in 6 months on the under 10 carbs diet like 3 yrs ago but bec of TOM, I'd crave carbs & binge for 2 wks & then diet 2 wks... this time I discovered that I can stay in Ketosis by increasing fats like 5,000 cals. I literally took like a cup of olive oil & other fats when I started craving & all cravings went away! Never happened be4 in ma life! & bc of ketosis next day my weight still didn't change!!!!!!! Don't worry, that was a 2 day thing & I was back to being ok... please imform me on where I can read about the TOM issues. Oh, I'm 265.2 lbs. Thanx yall, so glad I found yall. Keep up the great work!

B4 I forget: taking B vitamins, apple cider vinegar in a gallon of water with celtic sea salt: it gives me ridiculous amounts of energy with ketosis & mental clarity out of this world. I sleep like 4 hrs at the most, & am never tired! This is crazy caus my whole life my mind's been tired & grogy on carbs... body always tired & it worsened in the past when I did low carb diets. Alos, bec of salted water (it's only 1/2 tsp salt per gallon) I never need laxatives!!!!! That's coming from a chick who's spent half her life constipated! But every AM now I'm regular!!! Had to share those tips. & don't worry abut the salted water: it doesn't make me retain at all bc sea salt has like 80 other minerals & in fact it allows me to drink up to 3 gallons a day (flushing away ketones) without getting water toxicity & electrolyte issues... I just had to share that. Thought it might help or encourage somebody. ;-)

Last edited by martine; 09-01-2010 at 10:25 PM..
martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:27 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

just wanted to pop in and say hi Martine! Running late but I am sure my fellow stillmanites will fill you in . . you have some very good questions.. .Above all. . take your vitamins and if its working for you. . go for it. . . You know your body better than anyone! Good to have you onboard!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:18 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Happy day girl! Don't ya just love the power and control over your body! I just sent the link I last posted to a friend of mine who discovered she was a celiac after years of bogus allergy shots and misdiagnosis from scores of doctors. She tried a soy based plan and gave it up in May and she's STILL all messed up because of the hidden estrogen in soy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
CC! Don't ever leave me. . I look forward to logging in and learning .. you are the teacher among teachers! A + to you . xoxoxoxo
Not a teacher, just a good researcher......we are all learning together, that's what makes it so great

Quote:
OK. .we are missing some very serious losing peeps this month. . After next week. no excuses.. everyone is back in school. . summer is officially over and its time to work our butts off.. We need to be slim and trim to fit into our Halloween outfit.. I'm thinking dirty nurse or too hot for teacher or perhaps devilish girly devil. .. Let's roll..

Dustin. .. that horse is starting to smell...clean up the poo poo and get back on! Time's a wasting. ..
I have an extra manure fork in the barn........

Oh Halloween my favorite holiday! Naughty Tink for me!

Quote:
(((( sigh )))) I already miss Gwn. .
Pray she is happy and safe......and eating mutton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Happy Birthday Anything! I'm so proud of you for staying on plan!! The gift of self control reaps many rewards!!! : )

My sister's birthday is tomorrow...I'm going to get some fancy cupcakes...but I won't eat any.

It's so weird how I can wake up in the morning and "feel" if I have a loss or not...I feel like I'll be stuck for a while...I hope I'm wrong!
I wonder if you could do flax cupcakes and butter or cream cheese frosting...wouldn't be too bad, like an Atkins day. Mmmmm, must find flax recipe..........

I hope we're all not stuck soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martine View Post
Hi yall,

I'm pretty new here... I've been doing STILLMAN'S for a wk & lost like 12 lbs, gained like 6 from TOM, & been losing every day like 0.4-0.8 caus I learned the secret of taking B complex vitamins & the B6 especially... That's amazing caus usually during TOM I stall for like 2 weeks straight... however my skin's been getting really loose so I know there's fat blasting goin' on... Just wonderin' 2 those of u ladies who've had success using STILLMAN'S... during TOM, for how long do u stall? I also wanted to know if there may be a thread specifically for TOM so I can read other's experiences & orient myself on the hows & whats. I'd lost like 72 lb in 6 months on the under 10 carbs diet like 3 yrs ago but bec of TOM, I'd crave carbs & binge for 2 wks & then diet 2 wks... this time I discovered that I can stay in Ketosis by increasing fats like 5,000 cals. I literally took like a cup of olive oil & other fats when I started craving & all cravings went away! Never happened be4 in ma life! & bc of ketosis next day my weight still didn't change!!!!!!! Don't worry, that was a 2 day thing & I was back to being ok... please imform me on where I can read about the TOM issues. Oh, I'm 265.2 lbs. Thanx yall, so glad I found yall. Keep up the great work!

B4 I forget: taking B vitamins, apple cider vinegar in a gallon of water with celtic sea salt: it gives me ridiculous amounts of energy with ketosis & mental clarity out of this world. I sleep like 4 hrs at the most, & am never tired! This is crazy caus my whole life my mind's been tired & grogy on carbs... body always tired & it worsened in the past when I did low carb diets. Alos, bec of salted water (it's only 1/2 tsp salt per gallon) I never need laxatives!!!!! That's coming from a chick who's spent half her life constipated! But every AM now I'm regular!!! Had to share those tips. & don't worry abut the salted water: it doesn't make me retain at all bc sea salt has like 80 other minerals & in fact it allows me to drink up to 3 gallons a day (flushing away ketones) without getting water toxicity & electrolyte issues... I just had to share that. Thought it might help or encourage somebody. ;-)
Whew! Welcome, girl!

Easy on the B's with all of the potein on Stills. Your call, if it's workin' for ya then do it. I will have to check out the salt water, I know that pounding magnesium to keep things moving can't be good. Thank you!!!!!!!

from Wikipedia-

Although vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin and is excreted in the urine, very high doses of pyridoxine over long periods of time may result in painful neurological symptoms known as sensory neuropathy. Symptoms include pain and numbness of the extremities.

B-Vitamins: DRI/RDA, negative side effects, overdose & toxicity

Dietary Reference Intake (DRI) is the latest term replacing daily dietary reference values such as:

Adequate Intake (AI *), Nutrient Reference Value (NRV), Tolerable Upper Intake Level (UL), Estimated

Average Requirements (EAR), and Recommended Dietary Allowance / Intake (RDA / RDI).

Vitamin B1 - Thiamine: Vitamin B2 - Riboflavin:

DRI (RDA)RI (RDA):

0-6 months0.3mg0-6 months0.4mg

6-12 months0.5mg6-12 months0.6mg

1-18 years1-1.5mg1-18 years1-1.5mg

18 years +1.5mg18 years +1.7mg

pregnant / lactating+ 0.5mgpregnant / lactating+ 0.5mg

Therapeutic Range:50mg - 1000mg+Therapeutic Range:50mg - 500mg+

Low Levels / Deficiency - Symptoms and/or Risk Factors:
Vitamin B1:Vitamin B2:

Beriberi, gastrointestinal disorders, nausea,Light sensitivity, cracks / inflammation of lips,vomiting, fatigue, depression, low adrenals,tongue, corners of mouth, dizziness, insomnia,

High levels / Overdose / Toxicity / Negative Side Effects - Symptoms and/or Risk Factors:

Vitamin B1:Vitamin B2:

Heart palpitation, insomnia, agitation, high bloodNausea, vomiting, fatigue, anemia, low blood

pressure, skin eruptions, hypersensitivity,pressure

the other B's are listed there also.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:21 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY GREETINGS EVERYBODY!! : ) My wish is to get to goal weight in the next two months!!!!

Martine; Thanks for the heads up about the celtic salt and ACV. How much vinegar do I put in the gallon of water? I would love to start doing this!! I am at a stall and need to also incorporate the B6; exactly what does the B6 do?

Hey peeps, I've been at a stall for about 1 week. Am trying to not deviate from STillmans, although I wonder if I should go for the inches off diet, and come back to the basics diet. Can I have feedback on your experiences on this, if you have done this in the past, and how it worked for you? I know our bods are different, but good to hear from experienced peeps. Thanks!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:24 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

CC: Thanks for the info and links on to the Bvit site!!
Old 09-02-2010, 10:28 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Lol CC, you crak me up!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:37 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Thought for the day..........

‎"With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose." Author Unknown
Old 09-02-2010, 02:04 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
YEAH!

I LOVE MY PCOS MEDICINE. I LOST 3.4 LBS OVER NIGHT. THIS STUFF ROCKS. I lost my appetite and I feel AWESOME!

Love everyone's new pics. Wish I knew how to do that.

Hugs,
B
Beth Sch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
YEAH!

I LOVE MY PCOS MEDICINE. I LOST 3.4 LBS OVER NIGHT. THIS STUFF ROCKS. I lost my appetite and I feel AWESOME!

Hugs,
B
posting for dummies (me) what is PCOS?

To change your avi go to control panel>edit your details>

is that what u meant?
Old 09-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey gals. .quick fly by again. . working on payroll but plan to log in when I get it done. I usually play on the computer too long that I'm up until midnight doing it. Tonight, I'm starting with it. .

Love ya all. I've been good. . have you?
Old 09-02-2010, 04:54 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
Hey CC!

Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome I posted all about it a few pgs back... Most Obesity in woman is caused by Insulin Resistance which causes these cysts on the Ovaries which makes more hormones which really mess us up. It's a visious cycle.

Hope this helps.

Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
Beth Sch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:17 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Today was NOT a good Stillman's day for me. We will leave it at that. Thank goodness I don't have to face the scale for the next couple of days.

Tomorrow will be better.

Why was it SO much easier to stay on plan 5, 4, 3, 2 months ago

Now it seems like a real struggle each day...........sigh
Old 09-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

from other boards.....

So many things pissing me off...so little time

Don't Forget to be Awesome!

May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night, and the road downhill all the way to your door.

Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork. ~English Proverb

I have a great diet. You're allowed to eat anything you want, but you must eat it with naked fat people. ~Ed Bluestone

~You Are Loved. All Is Well~

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant" I just pray for more dog days!!!!

Forgive your enemies It messes with their head

Start Date: EVERY MORNING !!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 05:44 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey CC!

Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome I posted all about it a few pgs back... Most Obesity in woman is caused by Insulin Resistance which causes these cysts on the Ovaries which makes more hormones which really mess us up. It's a visious cycle.

Hope this helps.

Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
yikes-thanks for the heads up, I don't know how I missed it. Fight the good fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Today was NOT a good Stillman's day for me. We will leave it at that. Thank goodness I don't have to face the scale for the next couple of days.

Tomorrow will be better.

Why was it SO much easier to stay on plan 5, 4, 3, 2 months ago

Now it seems like a real struggle each day...........sigh
Drama, life, new moon (soon)?, every day is a new day. Kiss this one goodbye and go forward.
And give yourself a break! Look back on the path and see what you've accomplished, not what you didn't do today.
It will all look different in the morning.
Some days are better than others. But never forget-
"Every day you're on TOP of the grass is a good day."
-old school greeting among auto salvage yard personnel (folks like me)
Old 09-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Some days we are very motivated to accomplish goals and other days we're not. Life would be wonderful if we felt motivated enough on a daily basis to accomplish our dreams and goals but there will be many days when we feel frustrated and defeated.

If your goal is to lose 20 pounds by following a sensible diet, there will be days when you don't feel like following your plan. So how do motivated people stay motivated?

Their emotions don't ruled them. Successful people stay motivated because they do a little each day to accomplish their goal despite how they feel. There is no magic solution for increasing motivation. You must accomplish a little each day, even on days when you don't feel good or motivated. Like the old Nike saying goes "Just Do it"

So how do you stay on a sensible diet plan to lose weight? Take it one day at a time. First, you need a plan, don't beat yourself when you overeat. Tomorrow is another day and get right back on your plan. Remember, you can accomplish anything in life when you have a plan and take action on a daily basis.

It's the person inside you that matters.

You know, the skinny person.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

now, if I can just practice what i preach, life will be perfect.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
:

Whew! Welcome, girl!

Easy on the B's with all of the potein on Stills. Your call, if it's workin' for ya then do it. I will have to check out the salt water, I know that pounding magnesium to keep things moving can't be good. Thank you!!!!!!!

from Wikipedia-

Although vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin and is excreted in the urine, very high doses of pyridoxine over long periods of time may result in painful neurological symptoms known as sensory neuropathy. Symptoms include pain and numbness of the extremities.
Hey CCGal,

Thank u for ur concerns... actually u brought up relevant points. I'm a registered nurse & I do do my research esp if I'm gonna share it. Normally vitamins to be concerned with in what concerns toxicity are the ADEK fat soluble vitamins. The rest for the most part are washed away with water. Now, concerning B6, researchers do say that it is safe to take up to 600 mg a day. Their pills are usually 100mg, so I don't suppose anyone actually would consider taking over 6 pills for any reason when serving is one pill... but yes, taking over 600mg can result in irreversible nerve damage longterm. I do actually take 600mg through out the day. I love it! This is where it wouldn't be of such concern for ppl like us Stillman gurus who take water in & out like fishes. I drink 3 gallons of water a day. How much of a water soluble vitamin actually stays in my body? Yup!

I usually share stuff real quick, but believe me when I say I went to school for it, & I spend all my free time reading on it anyways... I don't know it all, but I don't share non research based findings. But if I did, it would be from experience & testimonials at which point, all readers are welcomed to do their own search & come to their own conclusions. Thank u 4 the heads up though. God bless u.

So happy 2 be here with all of yall! WHOOOOOOPI

I'm so mad at TOM right now. I still would appreciate 4 someone to share if there's any threads on it with stillman. Thanks skinny girlies. My impatience is just soooo workin' me right now. Feel me? But I was down a pound from yesterday. May be I need to take a mood pill! lol I really need to chill. Just hate the fat suit! So unfair!

Last edited by martine; 09-02-2010 at 10:05 PM..
Old 09-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY GREETINGS EVERYBODY!! : ) My wish is to get to goal weight in the next two months!!!!

Martine; Thanks for the heads up about the celtic salt and ACV. How much vinegar do I put in the gallon of water? I would love to start doing this!! I am at a stall and need to also incorporate the B6; exactly what does the B6 do?

Hey peeps, I've been at a stall for about 1 week. Am trying to not deviate from STillmans, although I wonder if I should go for the inches off diet, and come back to the basics diet. Can I have feedback on your experiences on this, if you have done this in the past, and how it worked for you? I know our bods are different, but good to hear from experienced peeps. Thanks!
Oh girl, happy bday 4m me 2,

Well, it's up to u. But the stuff is STRONG with a capital S. Usually ppl use ACV for weight loss doing 2 TBSP in 8 oz water like 3x a day before meals. I do 1-1.5 TBSP per gallon of water. So like 3 table shoon a day minimum bc I drink 3 gallons a day. ACV is like a cure all girl. Here's a site where they talk about it for weight loss. It can get as much results as 10 lbs/mo!!!! Actually someone started a thread here saying their relative lost 40 in 30 days. For me, the energy really impressed me. I'm usually tired & sleepy all the time. Now I'm all alert. Check out the weight loss testimonies on an ACV site: it will blow ur mind! Apple Cider Vinegar and Weight Loss

Now for the salt I put in 1/2 a tsp per a whole gallon. There's such thing as a "water cure" founded by a medical Dr. His name is something like Batmangheli. Check it out here: it's also a cure all: asthma, obesity, hypertension, MS, & other chronic conditions... check it out to understand more how the sea salt and water work. I love it... with drinking so much water a day, my electrolytes are in tact & I'm also getting potassium to balance out the sodium from the ACV a little... Check it out here: Water Cure 2

I don't really care how much of the B complex I take, but I don't do more than 3. I take a pricy multi vitamin & mineral created for the elderly caus it's backed with tons of stuff 3x a day. B6, I take 600 mg which is the maximum dose per day. Heads up: experiments with ppl taking B6, ppl lost an average of 3,3 lb per 1 mg of it they took!!!! ... the B vitamins will help ur metabolism to shoot through the roof. B6 actually causes ur body to absorb nutrients during PMS & helps produce red blood cells so u won't have that anemia like situation during TOM. It also reduces PMS bloating and helps ease the depression... Here's more great infos on B6. Vitamin B6 Benefits

here's the link with the study on B6 for weight loss: Easy Way to Lose Weight With Vitamin B6 Supplement - Natural Weight Loss New Discovery

The taste of the salt & ACV is so amazing, it's not like plain water. I'm so used to this, I can't drink plain water without trippin'!!!! Well have fun reading & exploring gal!
Old 09-03-2010, 03:37 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
YEAH!

Hugs,
B
Hi Beth...congrats on the loss. Can I ask which meds you take?
Old 09-03-2010, 03:47 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martine View Post
Hi yall,

Hi Martine...congrats on the loss...you are certainly encouraging me. Keep it up!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:35 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Back on plan this morning. Turkey bacon and black coffee for breakfast.

Kind of a blah day so I am taking myself out of the house and away from temptation
Old 09-03-2010, 08:45 AM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
I will be more than happy to make extra and send it You will just have to send me your address via Private Message.....

You would probably not eat it all in one day - it's too rich....
Oh I would!!!

Love the avi!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:48 AM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
inspiration..........