Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 05:10 AM   #541
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
You are so right AL!! I was a pound lighter this morning! It's day 3 of TOM, so that's about right. Hot Dog!!
AWESOME!!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2010, 05:11 AM   #542
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
My son's birthday is tonight and he gets to pick the food. .I just know its gonna involve a buffet. . I think I can be strong as long as they have a lot of meat to choose from. . I was thinking about bribing him with more money not to go out to eat but that wouldn't be fair, or would it? Mmmmm. .Actually the one buffet (if he choses it) will have chicken, beef, ham and other goodies. I may splurge with a side salad. .

wish me luck
I wish we had a good buffet around here...hope you had fun last night!!!
Old 09-15-2010, 05:15 AM   #543
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
By the way, I am also on a very long plateau. I haven't lost a pound in about a week.
Dont fret! Its not a plateau!! Stay on plan and the weekly whoosh will come. If you dont see anything in 2 weeks, then we'll have to revisit your menu, but its really looking good. The hotdogs (and cheese) would be the only thing I might cut back on..have you tried going all tuna, turkey, chicken? Usually produces some pretty amazing results)

Hope you got some rest. No doubt it was all that exercising from the day before. (Great great job btw..)
Old 09-15-2010, 05:22 AM   #544
Blabbermouth!!!

just sitting here guzzling iced coffee....still working on the basement and my shoulder blades feel a bit sore. Counting that as strength training!! man theres a lot of storage containers down there to go thru!

I have to say it again. It feels so good to be getting rid of stuff. I admit, Im still keeping way to many big clothes, but then slowly but surely, I hold them up again and toss them in the giveaway pile. I will never wear it again, unless I get prego with triplets??!! oh what to do......why am I so attached to it. gotta break my hoarder ways right now! Everything in the pile-stat!

ps... I have room for an exercise bike now!!
Old 09-15-2010, 05:25 AM   #545
Blabbermouth!!!

meat. meat. our favorite treat.
the more we eat, the less we cheat!!!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:07 AM   #546
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Well, I did trampoline last night for 30 minutes and did feel much better afterwards!
I lost about 1/4 of a pound,(the entire week) but I'll take it! Glad i tramped last night!
I am going to count my calories too now. I believe Stillman keeps one at 1200 calories for the QWL diet. Well I am going to monitor this much more and see if the weight starts to come off. There isn't really anything more I can do?!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:12 AM   #547
Senior LCF Member

Al: Yes, the hot dogs are a splurge, for those high risk days. Yesterday was definitely one of those days; better a hot dog nonfat,all beef, than a doughnut kind of days. The cheese was 1 oz reduced fat, and that is a total splurge, no doubt about it. Physically I was weak and tired, which led me to it. But better a cheese slice than cheesecake, right? LOL. Usually I only eat turkey, chicken and eggs. Now I will also be counting calories, though I doubt I will even make the 1200 calorie mark. Its good to see.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:13 AM   #548
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for being there for me fellow Stillmanites. I appreciate it.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #549
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
I think I'm in for the night, Peeps. . finally! I"m sick of running. .tomorrow we have a football game so I won't be around which means I have to get all my work done tonight. Chomping on ground beef and hot sauce as I'm typing. .Yummy! I made some stew meat with onion soup mix in the slow cooker last night and that's what I had for breakfast/lunch. . that's it for today. .

So, last night my other son informed us he had band practice which only left 2 hours to do the birthday thing with my other son. He chose not to go out to eat due to the time limit (Yay!!) and wanted to go to the mall to find some new shoes! . .Ya know. Tennis shoes are so important to a 15 year old. It was pretty sad. . I realized that the economy is really hurting. . there were no shoe stores in the first mall we went to. . NONE! So we had to drive to the next town over and almost all the stores in that mall are closed too. . Wow. . I dont' mall shop very often but it definately points to a weakened economy when even the chain stores can't stay open. Our Disney store, Franklin, Foot Locker. .all gone, gone, gone. They also closed the doors (this week) on all the Lone Star Steakhouses in the area. .no notice. . nothing. . employees came to work and found a note on the door!! I guess I have to count my blessings that I still have a job. .

I'm still hungry! Would it be so wrong to eat the entire pound of burger before hubby gets home from his appointment? He would do it to me. . Mmmm. tempting, tempting. .

OK. Does anyone watch Glee? I got the Netflix version and started watching it last night. . I may be hooked. . I can't wait to see the Ga Ga one again. . that is the only one I saw on TV and it intrigued me. . . speaking of Ga Ga. . I'ma gonna google the awards show and see this infamous meat dress. . I miss out on everything. .
Old 09-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #550
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
By the way, I am also on a very long plateau. I haven't lost a pound in about a week.
me, too. . .but that's pretty typical for me. . My bod loves my fat!!!
IM2fat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I second that! couldn't do it without you guys!
Old 09-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #552
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

(((sigh))) I need a trim and I'm too lazy to go get one. . wish I had the nerve to get a massage, too. . I could use one. . . . .I have gift cert that's over 2 years old for a spa. . too scared to go. . I should just sell it and use the money for something practical. .
Old 09-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
just sitting here guzzling iced coffee....still working on the basement and my shoulder blades feel a bit sore. Counting that as strength training!! man theres a lot of storage containers down there to go thru!

I have to say it again. It feels so good to be getting rid of stuff. I admit, Im still keeping way to many big clothes, but then slowly but surely, I hold them up again and toss them in the giveaway pile. I will never wear it again, unless I get prego with triplets??!! oh what to do......why am I so attached to it. gotta break my hoarder ways right now! Everything in the pile-stat!

ps... I have room for an exercise bike now!!
training with the coffee

the label should be in your inbox, Al. Let me know if there's a problem opening the attachment and thanks again!

BTW if you could start describing the things you're giving away maybe some of us could use them? It might be worth the postage as things are tight for everybody........just a thought.
OR if you have a Plato's Closet they give you cash up front.

mmmmmm........cash.........

Quote:
Well, I did trampoline last night for 30 minutes and did feel much better afterwards!
I lost about 1/4 of a pound,(the entire week) but I'll take it! Glad i tramped last night!
I am going to count my calories too now. I believe Stillman keeps one at 1200 calories for the QWL diet. Well I am going to monitor this much more and see if the weight starts to come off. There isn't really anything more I can do?!
I doubt your cals are that high, did you do My Plate for totals?

Quote:
Al: Yes, the hot dogs are a splurge, for those high risk days. Yesterday was definitely one of those days; better a hot dog nonfat,all beef, than a doughnut kind of days. The cheese was 1 oz reduced fat, and that is a total splurge, no doubt about it. Physically I was weak and tired, which led me to it. But better a cheese slice than cheesecake, right? LOL. Usually I only eat turkey, chicken and eggs. Now I will also be counting calories, though I doubt I will even make the 1200 calorie mark. Its good to see.
whatever keeps you on plan and sane.........

Quote:
and you!!!!!!!!

Quote:
me, too. . .but that's pretty typical for me. . My bod loves my fat!!!
not as much as mine!

Quote:
I second that!
couldn't do it without you guys!
OMG meeeeee tooooooooooo

Quote:
(((sigh))) I need a trim and I'm too lazy to go get one. . wish I had the nerve to get a massage, too. . I could use one. . . . .I have gift cert that's over 2 years old for a spa. . too scared to go. . I should just sell it and use the money for something practical. .
OMG don't you dare....march your narrow butt down there and get thee a pedi and massage pronto, you so deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!1

Last edited by CCGirl; 09-15-2010 at 04:11 PM..
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:15 PM   #554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
I'm going to be getting rid of some ladies large tops and some sz 12 and ten pants if you want me to post I will.
I dress designer casual.......lotsa CK Jeans, rampage, fang, Abercrombie.
I also will have to be parting with some shoes-8's and 8.5's as my mother has made it her mission in life to replace all of my shoes with Coach.

the suffering...........
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:38 PM   #555
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
I'm going to be getting rid of some ladies large tops and some sz 12 and ten pants if you want me to post I will.
I also will have to be parting with some shoes-8's and 8.5's as my mother has made it her mission in life to replace all of my shoes with Coach.

the suffering...........
That is the best news I heard all Day!!! You rock! . .WTG. . rid ye closet of all stuff you don't need or wear. . . I'm loving it. . I sure wish i could go down a size or two. I'm stuck in 12's (pants) and 14 tops. . I need to get into the single digits..

I will . I will .I will. . I did not eat all the burger just for the record.. I was nice!

Last edited by IM2fat; 09-15-2010 at 07:41 PM..
Old 09-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #556
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
The scale has not been my friend lately....TOM just ended so I'm hoping I'll start seeing results again!!! I'm also waking up a lot earlier than usual, so I'm thinking that may have some sort of weird affect (I usually weigh myself later in the morning, after going to the bathroom 5x throughout the night lol) Hanging in there though. Just went food shopping for some food, finally!! I think I need to work out a new routine to get used to also. It's been craziness! Mon and Tues I really did not eat much simply because there was no time! But I'm exhausted . Goodnight!

Ashley

9/17- 8.1 lbs down...37.4 more to go!
9/18- 9.3 lbs down...36.2 more to go!
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #557
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jani07
Hello everyone

I did the Stillman Diet when it first came out. I was a teenager and my mother had the original copy of the diet. As I recall I did very well on the diet although I didn't have a lot of weight to lose. Now a few decades later I need to lose about 90 lbs and have decided to go back to the Stillman Diet because it is quick and I have limited patience - lol. I am going to start tomorrow and will post my results as I go along. I hope I am welcome and I am sure I will get some good advice and encouragement along the way. I really need to get this weight off and keep it off. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Jani07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:06 AM   #558
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/193/160 5'5.5"
Hi Jani!! I'm so glad you are here! I've never tried a diet that worked this well...and I've tried a bunch of em!
I look forward to hearing your story...and hearing of your progress.

There are some women on this thread who have really lost a lot and kept it off for at least a year...that speaks volumes to me!

I've been on Stillman's since June 14...I"m not at all tired of it, quite the contrary...I love this way of eating. I haven't felt this good since before I got married...and I really never dreamed I would be thin again...

Welcome aboard!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jani07 View Post
Hello everyone

I did the Stillman Diet when it first came out. I was a teenager and my mother had the original copy of the diet. As I recall I did very well on the diet although I didn't have a lot of weight to lose. Now a few decades later I need to lose about 90 lbs and have decided to go back to the Stillman Diet because it is quick and I have limited patience - lol. I am going to start tomorrow and will post my results as I go along. I hope I am welcome and I am sure I will get some good advice and encouragement along the way. I really need to get this weight off and keep it off. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:54 AM   #559
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
No change again today....humph....Been the same all week....Weird...
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:57 AM   #560
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Old 09-16-2010, 04:59 AM   #561
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm still hungry! Would it be so wrong to eat the entire pound of burger before hubby gets home from his appointment? He would do it to me. . Mmmm. tempting, tempting. .
Absolutely not!!! The question here is why didnt you cook 2 pounds?
Old 09-16-2010, 05:01 AM   #562
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
OK. Does anyone watch Glee? I got the Netflix version and started watching it last night. . I may be hooked. . I can't wait to see the Ga Ga one again. . that is the only one I saw on TV and it intrigued me. . . speaking of Ga Ga. . I'ma gonna google the awards show and see this infamous meat dress. . I miss out on everything. .
Never saw Glee! But eventually I'll catch up. I wanna see the britney spears one too.

Im gonna wrap myself in bacon for Halloween!!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:04 AM   #563
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Go get a massage!!! You will love it!!! I think I may go for a haircut too...Im thinking the posh bob..when my hair gets long enought (like it is now) to put up, I stop doing my hair. wet ponytail and clip everyday... boring..
Old 09-16-2010, 05:09 AM   #564
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post

the suffering...........
I dont think anyone would want my stuff...lots of boy clothes and fashion bug. I never wanted to spend big bucks on clothes I hated.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:11 AM   #565
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
The scale has not been my friend lately....TOM just ended so I'm hoping I'll start seeing results again!!! I'm also waking up a lot earlier than usual, so I'm thinking that may have some sort of weird affect (I usually weigh myself later in the morning, after going to the bathroom 5x throughout the night lol) Hanging in there though. Just went food shopping for some food, finally!! I think I need to work out a new routine to get used to also. It's been craziness! Mon and Tues I really did not eat much simply because there was no time! But I'm exhausted . Goodnight!
Thats right squishy- hang in there. Get your routine down and the pounds will follow!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:13 AM   #566
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jani07 View Post
Hello everyone

Hi jani! welcome! welcome! welcome! I dont have patience either. this is the place to be for results!!! So glad you joined us!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:15 AM   #567
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hi Jani!! I'm so glad you are here! I've never tried a diet that worked this well...and I've tried a bunch of em!
I look forward to hearing your story...and hearing of your progress.

There are some women on this thread who have really lost a lot and kept it off for at least a year...that speaks volumes to me!

I've been on Stillman's since June 14...I"m not at all tired of it, quite the contrary...I love this way of eating. I haven't felt this good since before I got married...and I really never dreamed I would be thin again...

Welcome aboard!!!
Dont forget to tell her you lost like 40 POUNDS!!!! in that short time!!! WTG!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:16 AM   #568
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
No change again today....humph....Been the same all week....Weird...
frustratin, I know... but keep at it... you are doing great and you will get the results you want!!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:20 AM   #569
Blabbermouth!!!

I didnt weigh today...my menu yesterday was ground beef, chicken breast and cube steak. Cube steak is not yummy with out ketchup. I dont even think I can eat the leftovers today.

Back to chicken for today!! I want one more pound gone by tomorrow, gonna be in the teens by Monday. Thats the plan and I expect it to come true...
Old 09-16-2010, 05:24 AM   #570
Blabbermouth!!!

back to the basement! I found hubbys first email he ever wrote me yesterday from 10 years ago! Seriously peeps. I saved every last thing!!!! the bracelet my son was wearing from the hospital...my first Dave Matthews band tickets...a waterbottle from the first techo club I went to...a poem my Mom wrote me about the day she accidentally washed my tongue ring down the drain!!! hahahaha.... if my daughter ever comes hme with her tongue peirced, I will flush it on purpose! hahaha