Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #451
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
I am so happy that meat has changed someone elses life like is has mine!!! I really think its the right combination of protein and fat that is making us feel this great. Although strict Stillmans works wonders for weight loss, I cant agree that I feel the best on it. But throw in a little fat and Im at the top of the world.

Im the odd one, but I would eat the cheese before the veggies. Cheese comes from milk, milk comes from cow, cow is good eats. That sandwich sounds soooo good.

Cheese is gonna be the first thing I add back in.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #452
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I What happened that day in the library was more exaggerated...really weird and it took me a few minutes to recover....shook me up a bit.
thats scary...Im glad you are taking care and including those CO shots!! I havent had any fainting spells eating this way. (knock on wood)
Old 09-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #453
Blabbermouth!!!

Speaking of burps....I cant remember the last time I burped. Meat just doesnt do that to me. Just anohter reason why I should eat meat! woohoo
Old 09-12-2010, 01:21 PM   #454
Blabbermouth!!!

and another reason why meat is good for me is I can't drink alcohol on this diet. Im actually really scared too. I had that glass of wine last week or the week before and it completely made me sick. Felt like a full blown sinus infection flu. Awful. I felt too sick to even feel the buzz! Now thats sad. I actually want to have a glass of wine tonight. I havent relaxed and just chilled in while....just want to sit back, sip and watch the Backup Plan. (anyone see it. with J.Lo and that really cute guy??)

but I am scared... those evil carbs hate me.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #455
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Yes, I agree, for me, fat (CO) is a nice addition to the Stillman plan. I don't feel bad about eating the fat in my steak either...it's quite satisfying!!

Maybe the swiss cheese wasn't too bad...but I was afraid it might trigger cravings or the desire to eat more...but I'm so glad it didn't! It was a nice treat...but now, back to our regularly scheduled meat programming!! : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I am so happy that meat has changed someone elses life like is has mine!!! I really think its the right combination of protein and fat that is making us feel this great. Although strict Stillmans works wonders for weight loss, I cant agree that I feel the best on it. But throw in a little fat and Im at the top of the world.

Im the odd one, but I would eat the cheese before the veggies. Cheese comes from milk, milk comes from cow, cow is good eats. That sandwich sounds soooo good.

Cheese is gonna be the first thing I add back in.
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:53 PM   #456
Blabbermouth!!!

Becky- I just realized we both have 12 lbs to go! OMG! Lets do this!
Old 09-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #457
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Becky- I just realized we both have 12 lbs to go! OMG! Lets do this!
Absolutely!!! But, I'm thinking about lowering my goal.

According to suggested height and weight charts...I fall between something like 110 - 150. I would love to be in that range...but that is something I couldn't even dream about before Stillmans! I thought 160 would be pretty impossible!!

I'm so excited to feel differently now!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 02:28 PM   #458
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Absolutely!!! But, I'm thinking about lowering my goal.

According to suggested height and weight charts...I fall between something like 110 - 150. I would love to be in that range...but that is something I couldn't even dream about before Stillmans! I thought 160 would be pretty impossible!!

I'm so excited to feel differently now!!!
You're gonna get there and then some!!! Woohoo!!!

You too IM2!!!!

You too msgirl!!!!

You too GT!!! (although I think you are already just right!!)

You too CC!!!

You too anything!!!!

You too squishy!!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 04:15 PM   #459
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
We are in it to win it. . All Together. .Lose, Lose, Lose
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:17 PM   #460
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Eating my second bowl of mixed meat hotsauce. . MMmmm. .good. .Funny thing. I'm eating only cuz I saw it sitting there. not really hungry. .only had two bowls today. better have a whooshy, whoosh tomorrow!!

Beck/Al. you guys are really doing it! I love it. . Hey. .Beck. .we are almost the exact same age. . My birthday is at the end of April . .How funny!! I'm guessing by our next birthday's we will be skinny minnies!
Old 09-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think cheese was OK. . If you were doing Atkins. .you can have 3 or 4 oz a day . it is just high fat which is why Stilly wants you to stay away from it. .
Old 09-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #462
Major LCF Poster!

I figured I was the oldest on here! haha

I love being in my 40's...I can't quite describe why it's so different...but I feel much more empowered for some reason.

Your meat sounds yummy...I still haven't ventured into the world of hotsauce...but I feel it coming! : )

I'm not really hungry...but I have leftover Outback steak in the fridge...yummmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Eating my second bowl of mixed meat hotsauce. . MMmmm. .good. .Funny thing. I'm eating only cuz I saw it sitting there. not really hungry. .only had two bowls today. better have a whooshy, whoosh tomorrow!!

Beck/Al. you guys are really doing it! I love it. . Hey. .Beck. .we are almost the exact same age. . My birthday is at the end of April . .How funny!! I'm guessing by our next birthday's we will be skinny minnies!
Old 09-12-2010, 04:37 PM   #463
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
I'm FINALLY back from the longest weekend of my life! I'm so tired I don't think I've slept in 3 days...but I managed to stick to the diet. No cheating!! Even when the kids had there pizza, mac and cheese, and ice cream!! Just chicken and meat for me!! Will give a weight update in the morning. I need a shower then I'm going to pass out. First day of my new job tomorrow!! Yikes!!
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a great Night Squishy!! Huggs to you. . and great job stayng on plan. .
Old 09-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I know exactly what you mean, Beck. . about being in your 40's. I find I don't worry quite so much about some of the same things I used to. I almost feel like I know what I'm talking about (well. . until my teenagers promptly correct me :-) It is different. I'm also noticing some things I don't like quite as much..but I'm trying to embrace them. . and the things I can change. . I Do. .(gotta love hair dye!)... .

O. .and about the hotsauce. . seriously. . I never tried it before either. . was sorta scared . .but Gwn was eating it on everything and I had a coupon. . and the two just went hand in hand. . OMG.. What have I been missing all these years? I eat it on everything now.. eggs. . chicken. . beef. . Mmm. . I think its my ketchup/mustard replacement. . Just a little gives a very good flavor..Franks Hot Sauce is what I've been using. . It really isn't too hot.. There's a coupon out on the web for .50 and if you store doubles.. you should be able to pick up the small bottle for pennies! I have about 15 bottles right now. .plus a few at work.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:38 PM   #466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Watching Date Night with Hubby. . I hope its worth it. . should be working. .
Old 09-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Hi all, thank you for being there. I almost went off today. DH and I had a very sad conversation. I have worked all my married life, until the last three months when the place I worked at went bankrupt, and for the first time in my life have unemployment. He could be bringing in a lot more money just because he is part Indian. Why he won't do it? Because he says he does not want me to be lazy. Do I have a husband that any woman would gain weight for or what?? I am so done. But determined to stay on my diet. It is survival for me girls! I am hurt, but I will not eat off Stillmans. Lost another 2 lbs, but wasn't around him for 2 days. YEAH!! Thanks for letting me vent.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

Anythingwilldo, I'm so sorry you are going through a difficult time. That sounds hard, but I think taking care of YOU by getting in better shape will help you feel better and be able to better cope...you do this for YOU. YOU deserve it!
Congrats on the 2 lbs!!! That's great! It will keep coming off if we stay on plan!!
I'm glad this is a safe place to vent...we have an understanding of each other that's pretty special...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Hi all, thank you for being there. I almost went off today. DH and I had a very sad conversation. I have worked all my married life, until the last three months when the place I worked at went bankrupt, and for the first time in my life have unemployment. He could be bringing in a lot more money just because he is part Indian. Why he won't do it? Because he says he does not want me to be lazy. Do I have a husband that any woman would gain weight for or what?? I am so done. But determined to stay on my diet. It is survival for me girls! I am hurt, but I will not eat off Stillmans. Lost another 2 lbs, but wasn't around him for 2 days. YEAH!! Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Dear Becky123; Thank you for the support and understanding. I am still on Stillmans, Dh or not. Thanks again, and this is group if very special. Thank you.

I am going to get up and out of the house early tomorrow, and am exhausted, so good nite all. And Squishy, your pic is beautiful!! You would look great in anything!!
Old 09-13-2010, 05:31 AM   #470
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning!!! Even though I wasnt supposed to get on the scale, I peeked. Still 122 and lovin it. Thawing some chicken for today and will probably cook up some ground beef too.

Anything- Becky's right. Take care of you and the rest will fall into place. You are on the right track to better health, skinniness, and happiness. Once you get that meat high, nothing can bring you down. Sometimes guys dont think before they speak. Dont let it get to you or hold you down!! up your game and show him whos got it goin on!!

IM2- thats a lot of hot sauce, hot mama! I agree that Franks is my number one condiment choice too! (something about that yellow mustard has really been turning me off.)

Squish- Good luck on the job today! Hope you got a good sleep last night! Let us know how it went. As usual, great job sticking to plan. Thats some willpower saying no to mac and cheese!

Becky- With good looks and great health- no wonder the 40's are rockin!!
Old 09-13-2010, 05:38 AM   #471
Blabbermouth!!!

Im back in my basement today for a few hours. Can I just say how good it feels to be cleanin it up and getting it out?!?! My goal is to get rid of enough stuff so hubby and I can have a little work out area. Im in a flood zone so finishing the basement wont work, but we can at least throw down a rubber floor and get a bike and treadmill. Yup. I just may ask for one for xmas...no trampolines though...as short as I am, I would even hit my head on the ceiling bouncing away!!!

have a great day everyone! I'll check in later..
Old 09-13-2010, 05:51 AM   #472
Blabbermouth!!!

Gaga wore her meat well last night...I could just eat her up!!
Old 09-13-2010, 09:45 AM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

I'm sitting in the teachers lounge on my lunch break... Hoping no one walks in... I forgot to pack a knife... There's not one in here... Do I've got a big slab of steak on a fork... Takin bites out of it...
Man it's good!
But my table manners are lacking! I guess I should be thankful for the fork!!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:18 AM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
Anything - I am so sorry about the hard time you are having right now

SP - Welcome back!!! Kudos to you for making it all weekend! I hope your new job goes great today!

Becky - eat that steak with just fork!!! Who cares??? YUM!!!

AL - Yea for you - another pound gone

IM2 - You are so good about taking vitamins...I have got to get better! You challenge me!!
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
Okay, Checking in after a busy day yesterday

It was my anniversary and i was so good all day!!! I had my CO cube in the morning, a sirloin and a little salad for lunch, then a chicken breast and some sf jell for supper!

Today so far I have had my CO cube, 1/2 cup gr.beef/sausage mixture and coffee

I am satisfied!!!

I am not getting on the scale until next Tuesday! That will be 2 weeks since my last weigh in day. I decided to wait because - 1. I was at my m-i-l's and had no access to a scale, then pre-TOM bloats, and now TOM is here Aren't I happy?!?!?!?

Anyway, I figure by next Tuesday I will have gotten all the bloating out of my system and will have hopefully made some headway.

How's everyone doing today?

I can't wait to hear!!
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:58 AM   #476
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm sitting in the teachers lounge on my lunch break... Hoping no one walks in... I forgot to pack a knife... There's not one in here... Do I've got a big slab of steak on a fork... Takin bites out of it...
Man it's good!
But my table manners are lacking! I guess I should be thankful for the fork!!
Old 09-13-2010, 12:00 PM   #477
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post

Anyway, I figure by next Tuesday I will have gotten all the bloating out of my system and will have hopefully made some headway.
Happy anniversary!!!!! You will no doubt have lost 8 pounds by tuesday!! wanna bet?
Old 09-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #478
Blabbermouth!!!

so...a few hours just went by and no posts.... I'm gonna have to start going door to door preaching the stillmans way...perhaps we can get some takers..

cooked up some bacon then fried up my chicken breasts in the fat. ate some of this and some that....got 3 pounds of ground beef on deck! woohoo!
Old 09-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #479
Senior LCF Member

To all of you; Thank you so much for your support with the H. You are right, Al, msgirl and Becky, I am going to up my game! I just made an appt to see about the nursing program at the local community college. A Calif. RN will go anywhere in the USA! I am praying things work out for me to get in!! Talk about uping my game!! I would be able to get a job anywhere! Plus, I am a natural nurse type anyway. I know I am not lazy like Mr. H says I am. I am almost a workaholic! Right now, I am working on me. Amen.
I wish I could eat fat and lose, but it just does not work well for me. So its no fat, no carbs for now. I got an exercise rug today at Alberstons for 30.00 and will be starting Calenetics DVD tonight. It says Shed 10 years in 10 Sessions. I will keep you posted. But now pics yet folks. So two weeks from now I will let you know if I have lost inches from Calenetics!
My CONFIDENCE is getting better the more I lose!! I am clear headed and finding my way back to my "self". I have 35 more lbs to lose. And am more than determined to so do! No matter how grumpy Mr. H. gets! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ENCOURAGMENT!! Well, it is 4:25 and I haven't stopped to eat today, so I am going to have a turkey pattie with mustard and a couple of HB eggs this evening. Plus my water! I will check in late tonight with you all.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:28 PM   #480
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
I.am.tired.
The job went better then expected today. I was actually pretty pleased with it Just wish the pay was better, but I guess I have to start somewhere!
I was too nervous to eat this morning!! But I was hungry by lunch!! I had some left over chinese food...(steamed chicken with a low carb brown sauce!) and then a turkey burger when I got home. Not really too hungry now. Once I get back into the swing of things I will check the scale. I don't even have time to that right now! I'm off to go meet a new woman who wants me to be her babysitter! It's never ending. I need to clean my room too. It looks like my closet and shelves and bed exploded onto my floor. I usually leave everything on my bed but I guess last night I was tossing and turning so much everything fell on the floor... at least I have room to sleep now

Ashley

9/17- 8.1 lbs down...37.4 more to go!
9/18- 9.3 lbs down...36.2 more to go!
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote