Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 06:11 PM   #301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
How important is exercise?

How often to you exercise? Is it crucial to your weight loss? I want to start going more often...but...I'm lazy lol. I seem to be losing fine without it, but I guess once I come close to my weight goal, I could use the gym to "tone up"...I don't even know how to use half the machines at my gym! I always feel silly going alone. I like the treadmill and the bikes...

Just wondering your perspectives
important for me b/c of the drinkin. I don't have a problem giving up carbs but I'm keepin' my alcohol. No judgements, please.........it's about 5 oz per day which is healthy in some planets.

BUT if you read up on super loser Gwn she biked about 10-20 miles per day. She was also vigilant about staying on plan and is a poster child for the Stilly way.

That being said, exc is not crucial but you will lose more. And the toning helps as you see a more fit body versus the same old same old. Years ago I went on a fast and got down to a size 7 only to have the same saddlebag hips. Then I said WTH if its not going to change shape why diet? Big mistake.

I walk 2 miles/day and do light weight toning for about 20 mins. at night with DBF. Like Al said, you will shrink but your body will not change. You will have all the same lumps in the same places only smaller. So I'm working the saddlebags and batwings.

The strangest thing that is different from past torture is that the girls haven't gone anywhere. Previous diets they were the first to go-I was actually hoping for a small reduction but they haven't. The back fat is shrinking but the girls remain. Any thoughts?

[QUOTE=SquishyPunim413;13876861]Getting ready for Rosh Hashana dinner....wish me luck!! lol
Grandma made the Challah bread.....must stay away!![/QUOT

who can resist that? If there's matzo ball soup and they were light and fluffy like my grandma's (fathers side) I would go with 'it's a holiday' and have some, they were heavenly. Just like on the Big Bang Theory, her pot roast (brisket) was to die for.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2010, 06:14 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Survived dinner but dessert was hard!!! I just nibbled .... but didn't go crazy!! So I'm proud of myself...my favorite rainbow cookies were on the table..and I turned them down!! That has never happened before! lol So I'll count it as an accomplishment....I made some sugar free lemon jello for dessert..so at least I could have something "sweet"...wasn't my favorite flavor but better than nothing.
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

B-3 egg white 1 slice cheddar
L-ckick breast 1 c turnip greens (my neighbor gave me fresh turnips from the garden and I kept the greens and trashed the rest)
S-1/2 c GYogurt
D-tuna tin + 1 tbsp GYogurt for creamy mayo sub
Old 09-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Survived dinner but dessert was hard!!! I just nibbled .... but didn't go crazy!! So I'm proud of myself...my favorite rainbow cookies were on the table..and I turned them down!! That has never happened before! lol So I'll count it as an accomplishment....I made some sugar free lemon jello for dessert..so at least I could have something "sweet"...wasn't my favorite flavor but better than nothing.
the challah, tell me about the challah............it has eggs can't be that bad, no?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
the challah, tell me about the challah............it has eggs can't be that bad, no?
eggs and greased in butter lol. My grandma made from scratch but it's all doughy and bread!! Sigh....carb nightmare lol
Old 09-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #306
Senior LCF Member

[quote=CCGirl;13877339]

The strangest thing that is different from past torture is that the girls haven't gone anywhere. Previous diets they were the first to go-I was actually hoping for a small reduction but they haven't. The back fat is shrinking but the girls remain. Any thoughts?

Mine are fake so I have no clue ! lol

Quote:
Getting ready for Rosh Hashana dinner....wish me luck!! lol
Grandma made the Challah bread.....must stay away!![/QUOT

who can resist that? If there's matzo ball soup and they were light and fluffy like my grandma's (fathers side) I would go with 'it's a holiday' and have some, they were heavenly. Just like on the Big Bang Theory, her pot roast (brisket) was to die for.
I actually don't like matzo ball soup, although apparently my grandma makes the best! she makes good brisket too! but none of that tonight just turkey
Old 09-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
WTG Squishy. . !! I was really good today too. .in fact, I made it through my son's entire football game with nothing more than a diet coke, water and coffee!! No snacks even though it was popcorn galore! but I wasnt' havin none of it - I was too busy screaming and cheering! We know how to rock the Thursday night. .

So. .day 2 down. . I will weigh myself in the morning just to make sure that my scale wasn't a big fat liar this morning. .

Do you guys remember when the energy rush kicks in? I need it. .upping my B12 tomorrow and taking my probiotics tonight. . my tummy is kinda feeling icky. could be all the scraping and probing? Perhaps. . but I'm not taking any chances!!

I need reports on the CO? Is anyone still doing it? How often? I kinda/sort stopped last week while I was debating. .I'm thinking about starting it again tomorrow but have mixed feelings. .energy, check. . icky feeling, check. . hot flashes, check. . but what is it really doing for my weight loss? I know we've been over this but I want to believe in something. just thinking out loud, again. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 09-09-2010 at 07:51 PM..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
IM2 - you have had so many medical things going on with your body over the last several months! I feel badly for you! I hope that biopsy gives the doc some clues as to what is going on in your body

!!
THank you, MS! I really think I'm getting the once over because it has/had been over 7 years since I went and had the "work-up" at the Doc. . I'm just getting everything overwith all at once so I can go another 7 years! Not really. .I've put everything off until I get skinny. .even going to the Doc. . as sick as that is. . I hated going. .and still do. but at least I'm not as self conscious as I used to be. Besides, I am getting "older" so things start to wear out once in a while. . I promised myself I would take better care of my temple and I plan to do just that. . gonna start thinking about exercise. . the key word being. . Thinking. .
Old 09-09-2010, 08:03 PM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I need reports on the CO? Is anyone still doing it? How often? I kinda/sort stopped last week while I was debating. .I'm thinking about starting it again tomorrow but have mixed feelings. .energy, check. . icky feeling, check. . hot flashes, check. . but what is it really doing for my weight loss? I know we've been over this but I want to believe in something. just thinking out loud, again. .
I gave it up....the smell really got to me...and after tasting it one day in my eggs....bleck..lol but that's just me!
Old 09-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Okay I can't sleep. I am super stressed and need advice!!

Basically...i just got a job. Its a consultant support staff position which means I'm a special ed inclusion push in teacher, for 6th grade social studies. However, for some bizarre reason they are only paying me substitute pay...even though I'm full time. No benefits, not a tenure position, no paid vacation time, etc. It doesn't count towards my teaching hours for my professional certificate either (which I technically have 5 years to get, it's been 2 already...) I can always get an extension..(i need 3 years of "teaching experience" before I can get my professional certification...well my problem is that I'm not sure what to do about this job. I feel like there trying to be cheap and not make me a "full time employee"...If I go back to sub work then I wil get the teaching experience I need...so I'm just very confused because at the same time, I think it's teaching experience...but I dont know....and I can't sleep over this! I start Monday...

Ashley

9/17- 8.1 lbs down...37.4 more to go!
9/18- 9.3 lbs down...36.2 more to go!
Old 09-10-2010, 04:01 AM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aww Squish..I can't really help you..but I would say. . hang out until you can find something. . keep on looking and just do what you enjoy..either way you look at it, the experience will be invaluable! Good Luck. .
Old 09-10-2010, 04:02 AM   #312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

PEEPS!

Ok . my scale and I are back on speaking terms as of this morning. . Weighed. .down 8 (If you count what I was at the Docs. . down 5 if you count my calculations!). .Either way. .I'm taking it and running with it. . I'm pumped to eat meat today. . have a very busy day so I plan to pack tuna and eggs. . and more tuna. . I'm gonna try to put off eating until I'm hungry. I've been eating breakfast and it seems to start the whole grazing process for me. .I'm gonna shake it up a bit and see what I can do. .

Talk to you later. . it's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 04:05 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
me, me...I'm still diligent with my CO...2TBS in the AM with vits and the same in the afternoon...crystal lite shots.

I just like the idea of my body getting the good fat...I can't say for sure of the benefits...I do "feel" better in my body...my joints, my scalp isn't red and itchy any more.

IM, you did great at that football game! I've found social get togethers can be done without me pigging out...and I can still have a wonderful time! We had another birthday party last night...and I ate my bowl of burger patties chopped up...while the others ate Chik Filet and cake and ice cream...I was fine with that!

I've had quite a bit of drama to deal with at school...and mentally I am fatigued from that...BUt in times past I would have dealt with that drama by sitting in this red chair, laptop in action and eating everything I could get my hand on.

I used to stuff the wrappers down in the cushions like that would hide from my family how much I was eating...I am so thankful to not be there anymore.

Back in 08 I did JEnny Craig and got down to 168...for about 3 days...haha...but I'm getting close to that now. And I have no signs of wanting to stop...I love this way of eating. I was getting so tired of the JC food...I remember eating the little desert chocolates and wishing there were more in a bag...and now I don't even want sweets...AMAZING!

Well I got off on a tangent...but everyone keep up the good work! Meat! Meat! I love Meat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
WTG Squishy. . !! I was really good today too. .in fact, I made it through my son's entire football game with nothing more than a diet coke, water and coffee!! No snacks even though it was popcorn galore! but I wasnt' havin none of it - I was too busy screaming and cheering! We know how to rock the Thursday night. .

So. .day 2 down. . I will weigh myself in the morning just to make sure that my scale wasn't a big fat liar this morning. .

Do you guys remember when the energy rush kicks in? I need it. .upping my B12 tomorrow and taking my probiotics tonight. . my tummy is kinda feeling icky. could be all the scraping and probing? Perhaps. . but I'm not taking any chances!!

becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:11 AM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Okay I can't sleep. I am super stressed and need advice!!

Basically...i just got a job. Its a consultant support staff position which means I'm a special ed inclusion push in teacher, for 6th grade social studies. However, for some bizarre reason they are only paying me substitute pay...even though I'm full time. No benefits, not a tenure position, no paid vacation time, etc. It doesn't count towards my teaching hours for my professional certificate either (which I technically have 5 years to get, it's been 2 already...) I can always get an extension..(i need 3 years of "teaching experience" before I can get my professional certification...well my problem is that I'm not sure what to do about this job. I feel like there trying to be cheap and not make me a "full time employee"...If I go back to sub work then I wil get the teaching experience I need...so I'm just very confused because at the same time, I think it's teaching experience...but I dont know....and I can't sleep over this! I start Monday...
SP that's hard...subbing sounds good because it will count towards your certification...and through subbing you might learn about an opening in one of those schools...
But, I can also see you wanting to stay where you are if you are enjoying 6th grade. So I guess you haveto weigh the benefits...

Feel free to hash it out here...we'll help you!! : )
Old 09-10-2010, 07:16 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
becky - do I see a change in your stats again????? You are down another pound??? You are awesome!!! Do tell more about your hamburger patty bits in a bowl. What did you do, buy hamburgers at a restaurant or make them? Just curious...I am so looking for something besides tuna!

SP - I would say stay where you are but continue to look for something that will help you with your certification. This is def a good place to come and hash out your concerns! I do agree with IM...the experience is truly invaluable!

IM - down 8??? You go girl!
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:20 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
:
I've had quite a bit of drama to deal with at school...and mentally I am fatigued from that...BUt in times past I would have dealt with that drama by sitting in this red chair, laptop in action and eating everything I could get my hand on.
For you!!! I hate drama!!! And, it has almost always led to me throwing in the towel! Thanks for the inspiration!
Old 09-10-2010, 07:26 AM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

Okay peeps, I still have not weighed since Tuesday! I am dying to but no scale here!!! It's at my apartment and I am staying with family for a few days.

I feel so VERY bloated!!! I don't get it!!! I have been drinking TONS of water, eating tuna, boiled eggs, and a chicken breast. So, the bloating has me a little confused.

I know in four days TOM will be here and that may be the problem. If it is then that means I will be heavier on the scale on Saturday....maybe I just shouldn't weigh until TOM is gone so as not to get discouraged!!! I hate looking at the scale and seeing a higher number after I have worked so stinking hard
Old 09-10-2010, 08:29 AM   #318
Major LCF Poster!

ECHO!!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #319
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
CC- you are sooo lucky to have kept "the girls" heehee. GT and I are gonna have to pay for em. (GT??? COme back!)

Squishy..oops Ashley ( I always forget you have a real name!! sorry) You di so well last night!! Shows you are in the zone and nothing is gonna stop you now!

IM2- Wow on the WHOOSH!!! WTG! You are so tearing up the track! Keep it up!!! and CO reminds me of vitamins..Just cant remember to take it! Id rather eat ribeyes or bacon than CO cubes..sorry cant help there. I never eat breakfast. I could go all day until dinner if I didnt force myself to eat tuna midday. I feel hungry all day long when I eat breakfast.

Becky- I have been known to wrap my wrappers in a napkin, then put them under water so they cant pop out. then hide them under the dirty paper plate sitting on top of the trash. I cant even say Im cured of that nonsense... You are sounding soo much like I used to. Excited about meat. Feeling good, sticking to a plan that works. I never wanted to stop either. (even when hubby was beggin please eat a veggie!!!) You are so close to goal! Im so happy for you!

msgirl- great job sticking to plan!! dont get discouraged by any numbers. just stick to the meat and good things will happen! Youve done it before you'll do it again!!!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 09-10-2010 at 10:20 AM..
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #320
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
sorry ladies...gotta get back to work!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
becky - do I see a change in your stats again????? You are down another pound??? You are awesome!!! Do tell more about your hamburger patty bits in a bowl. What did you do, buy hamburgers at a restaurant or make them? Just curious...I am so looking for something besides tuna!
Yep...another one bites the dust!!!

Scott grills great hamburgers...I took two and crumbled them up...very filling.
I sorta tired out of tuna and tilapia! I never seem to tire of a good steak or burger.

I'm soooooo glad you are back on the thread!!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

I know...the scale can make or break a day! That TOM is awful too!

Your weight will come off...just keep doing what you know works and your body will let go of that fat! : ) (You're so skinny to start with...you just don't have as much to get rid of! )

Quote:
Okay peeps, I still have not weighed since Tuesday! I am dying to but no scale here!!! It's at my apartment and I am staying with family for a few days.

I feel so VERY bloated!!! I don't get it!!! I have been drinking TONS of water, eating tuna, boiled eggs, and a chicken breast. So, the bloating has me a little confused.

I know in four days TOM will be here and that may be the problem. If it is then that means I will be heavier on the scale on Saturday....maybe I just shouldn't weigh until TOM is gone so as not to get discouraged!!! I hate looking at the scale and seeing a higher number after I have worked so stinking hard
Old 09-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you so much AL...I'm just blown away with how good I'm feeling. I haven't felt this good probably since before having children...14 years ago!!

I haven't even had salad or veggies in almost 2 weeks...and I don't really care for them! I do plan to have themeventually...but my energy level is so great...and it's an incredible confidence booster to know I don't look chubby in my clothes like I used to.

I appreciate you sharing how you used to "hide" evidence of what you ate...that made me feel not so much like a weirdo... haha

To know you have eaten this way for a year and still enjoy it...that is extremely encouraging!!! Thank you for sharing your stuff on this thread!

The long timers are who I really like to hear from because you all have been where I am...and know where I'm headed! : )

Of course I love hearing from EVERYONE else too...it's great to know we have so much in common and are getting in good shape!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post

Becky- I have been known to wrap my wrappers in a napkin, then put them under water so they cant pop out. then hide them under the dirty paper plate sitting on top of the trash. I cant even say Im cured of that nonsense... You are sounding soo much like I used to. Excited about meat. Feeling good, sticking to a plan that works. I never wanted to stop either. (even when hubby was beggin please eat a veggie!!!) You are so close to goal! Im so happy for you!

msgirl- great job sticking to plan!! dont get discouraged by any numbers. just stick to the meat and good things will happen! Youve done it before you'll do it again!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, I come back and everyone is absent.....

HELLO????Where are all you Stillmans losers???? i am missing you???

I know it's Friday night and everyone has plans....I must be one bored cookie, huh???

Or maybe I should be a bored chicken breast
Old 09-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Sorry I've been MIA all day. I babysat literally ALL day. 9-3, 3:30-7:30 and now doing a live in all weekend job...honestly, it's so nice to see how the other side live! I literally pulled up to a drive way that was 3 miles long only to be greeted by a mansion...I mean words can't even describe the size of this house. It's HUGE. It looked like a house from a movie. I'm babysitting in the same neighbor that Billy Joel lives or used to live in, and the own of Sbarro pizza live in...right on the water, in Long Island. It's insane. I just don't understand. There are 4 people living in this house (well maybe more, including the help! lol. 2 adults and 2 children. Whats the point of living in such a huge house? I'm sure 80% of the rooms go unused. I actually had to text the mother (because I have no clue where she is) to ask where the tv room is because I got lost! lol. It's insane...but it's good money so no complaining!!
Old 09-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

WOW!!!SP....that sound so cool!!!!

It would be fun to dream! I can't imagine living like that EVER!

But, I am happy as a lark in our little 700 sq foot apartment (temporarily)

However, I wouldn't mind maybe a small share of the square footage of the house you are describing.

Have fun exploring
Old 09-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
WOW!!!SP....that sound so cool!!!!

It would be fun to dream! I can't imagine living like that EVER!

But, I am happy as a lark in our little 700 sq foot apartment (temporarily)

However, I wouldn't mind maybe a small share of the square footage of the house you are describing.

Have fun exploring
Haha. Me too. I used to live in a one person studio apartment in a garage with my boyfriend! That had to be smaller than 700 sq feet, not even kidding.
But yes it's fun exploring. I think the bathroom is bigger than my old apartment! lol.

The house is so big that the internet doesn't reach my room because it's so far away lol.

The people I'm babysitting for are renting this "house" (huge ginormous mansion) from a family who is currently in Switzerland indefinitely...lol. *sigh*

On top of this...they are going back to the city this weekend, so the cupboards are bare and the first only has kiddie food!! I ate before I got here...There really isn't anything to eat. I guess that's the perfect diet! And I won't be able to weigh myself until Sunday. It's TOM so I'm hoping to see a drop. I saw a slight gain this morning, but it was less than a pound, so I'm not too worried. Hopefully in a few days things will become normal again
Old 09-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #328
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey .you guys are pretty quiet for a Friday night. . everyone must be finishing up their summer. .I just got home from the Varsity Game and they kicked butt tonight. . Awesome!!! And. . I did not eat any of the granola bars I packed for the kids and did not go near the concession stands! Isn't it amazing how many carbs people consume without even realizing it. . The people in front of me had Hot Dogs. .Popcorn, Nachos and then went back for more popcorn. .but who was counting. .Not the meat eatin crazy lady. . drooling all over the place. .
Old 09-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Some tips:

Life is too short; dont' waste it missing out on things because you are overweight."

Make yourself a priority.

Celebrate your successes every step of the way.

Take things one day at a time;

Saying that you can't lose weight in your 40's or 50's is ridiculous.

You dont' have to sacrifice nights out with friends - to lose weight. .

Celebrate you, celebrate life. .
Old 09-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Miss Kitty is a little spunky today. . I think I shall weigh less in the morning. .