Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
enjoy it babe, it only happens once.........

and every year that goes by is another layer of your onion of life that you grow.

may we all have many layers in the end.
Amen! I like that.
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
we are fabulous, aren't we!

if only I had found LC at your age.................I would be such a worn out ho by now LOL

better late than never

love you all and where are our AWOL folks check in check in.................

it's late and I'm toast so sweet meat dreams
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
we are fabulous, aren't we!

if only I had found LC at your age.................I would be such a worn out ho by now LOL
haha

Goodnightttt!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Alright CC, you made me snicker out loud!

I'm staying up late making chocolate chip cookies so my son can take them to school for his 14th birthday tomorrow...

I don't even want one...but I think a pound loss on the scale tomorrow would be a nice reward...

SP, I love you profile pic! You are so pretty!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Becks! you are inspring, awsome and another reason I love it here. . Congrats on your losses!
Thank you so much IM! I do hope I can keep it off...
Old 09-09-2010, 04:11 AM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Thank you so much IM! I do hope I can keep it off...
You will . . I can feel it. . Isn't it funny how one day you can make cookies and not even taste one and the next day that's all you think about? I'm trying to get in the I dont' care zone. . eat nothing but meat. .

Made it through yesterday with only meat. . I plan to do the same today. My boy has a football game tonight so I'll have to stock up on something. .I also go to the Doc this morning. .already dreading it. . ugg. . but it is a new day. . It is Thursday and we only have one more day until Friday!! always a positive to everything. .

What treat are you gals thinking. .

CC'd I'd do the 10 things list. but I'm not feeling real lovable or likeable today. . perhaps tomorrow ((sigh)))..
Old 09-09-2010, 05:36 AM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You will . . I can feel it. . Isn't it funny how one day you can make cookies and not even taste one and the next day that's all you think about? I'm trying to get in the I dont' care zone. . eat nothing but meat. .

Made it through yesterday with only meat. . I plan to do the same today. My boy has a football game tonight so I'll have to stock up on something. .I also go to the Doc this morning. .already dreading it. . ugg. . but it is a new day. . It is Thursday and we only have one more day until Friday!! always a positive to everything. .

What treat are you gals thinking. .

CC'd I'd do the 10 things list. but I'm not feeling real lovable or likeable today. . perhaps tomorrow ((sigh)))..
A meat only day and you're not feeling the love? Congrats to you!

Some days I loathe myself less than other days......sometimes you need to step back and count your blessings.

My life is not in danger every day I go to work.

I haven't had ro say goodbye to someone close.

I have heat, a/c, running water and a roof.

Life is good.

Quote:

I'm staying up late making chocolate chip cookies so my son can take them to school for his 14th birthday tomorrow...

I don't even want one...but I think a pound loss on the scale tomorrow would be a nice reward...

hey, that's my job here, right?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:47 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I felt that way when my mom was making all the yummy desserts for tonight's holiday dinner!

And thank you for the compliment!

Is chopped liver considered "low carb"? I would think so? It's just *squirms* liver and eggs. The thought is SO gross to me, but the taste outweighs the grossness...haha
Old 09-09-2010, 07:10 AM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
becky - thank you for the sweet remarks!! Wow! Making chocolate chip cookies....you are a WARRIOR

SP - It looks like your schedule is packed! How about some down time...sleep I am with CC - read a good book!

GT - You are amazing...there is no way I could add apples and stay sane!

IM2 - I will join you on the water challenge - you know I am always up for that. I have been making myself drink 92 or more ounces every day lately!

Congrats to all of you losers!!

I am trying to stay strong, it's good to know that I am not the only one trying to lose that vacation weight!!! AL ----

Well, today is my long day at school. I don't usually eat much but I do get a caffe americano with a splash of cream from Starbucks (minimal carbs and only about 20 calories). It really helps me stay energized! I try to drink 40 oz of water before I ever even get there. I just hope I can make it without eating the steering wheel before I get home! (There is no private space at this college)! I am usually super busy so I don't get too hungry but the drive home is killer!

I hope you all have a great day!!!
msgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:02 AM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SP check the stickies on that one, organ meats are limited on Atkins b/c of the high fat content......I would think on Stilly, too.

BTW love them also! I have a few good recipes.........yum
Old 09-09-2010, 08:25 AM   #281
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Al. . we short hairs have to stick together. . We may not be able to grow it. . but we can tease it..
You got that right!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:33 AM   #282
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
OK. .Challenge time!! I think I can actually do this one. I like it . .I like it. .

I was reading a chapter in one of my many diet books (cuz, I will admit.. I was looking for something else to give me incentive!) Anyway, there as a whole section on why restrictive diets fail! (and, just for the record. . I do agree with some of it- this diet is restrictive). .We all realize that if you lose weight quickly, restrict certain food groups and fail to exercise and go back to your old habits. . you will gain and you will gain more than you lost in the first place! That is why we need a game plan. . First. . we need to lose to feel better. .to give us the push we need to keep on going. then we need to start polishing ourselves and our diet to make it livable/manageable. . So. .I am going to propose a goal which will include a "treat" . not a cheat but a treat! Don't confuse the two. . A treat can be enjoyed, guilt free, it is planned and it is on purpose. . .. a cheat makes you feel worse, out of control and doesn't satisfy like a treat can. . I think we should all name a goal. .a time to fulfill that goal and decide on a treat! If you do not make your goal, you must start over with a new clock until you make it to your first treat.

Therefore,my goal is to stick to program and drink my water until next Wednesday. .I will not even lick or smell evil carbs. If I accomplish this, my treat will be. Mmmm. a big huge chef salad.. seriously. . that's what I want. . and thats what I'll have. .

So. .who's in? What is your plan? Keep your eye on the reward and you'll be rewarded in more ways than one. Am I insane?

I
I like it! Im in! My goal is to lose 10 pounds, and I will join you for your treat. 10 pounds puts me at 113 (I hit 123 today!! ) and 113 is my weight before the scale took an upwards trend. So...Im going 2 weeks on meat and then that chef salad is mine. Thanks for the challenge!!! We can do this!!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:36 AM   #283
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
Down 3.6 lbs since MONDAY...wooop. I need to find a hobby..
Great job on the loss! Thats fantastic!! Ever try knitting or crochet? With all that babysitting you do you could bust out a few blankets!! and your hands will be busy so you cant eat!

...knit one...pearl two...knit one...pearl too.. netflix has videos. It was too hard for me to read to look at the books..
Old 09-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #284
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hey fellow hoarder (Al). .
really. .I kept all my stuff for years and years and years and moved them from place to place with me. . I finally purged it and am still purging and it feels wonderful!! Gave me more room to hoard other stuff!
It definitely feels good, but I have made and even bigger mess! Its OK though, already filled the truck with giveaways and hubby took the kids to grandmas for the day so I can get things done in peace! So much left to do...wonder how many calories Im burning..
Old 09-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #285
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I understand that Stillman's wasn't written for long, life-long term use...but I haven't felt this good in so long. Why would I want to put that stuff back into my body that gives me headaches, joint pain, bloating and fat!!
I absolutely agree! I lasted 9 months on meat (and fat). Everyone thought I was crazy and I would get sick or die from scurvy. The truth is I had never felt better in my life. So, I dont think we need the other stuff to be healthy, but I do want to be able to eat it someday for fun. I promise to never have too much fun in the future though..

You have come a long way Becky!! Big round of applause for you!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #286
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm really pigging out today.. I think I need to do that to make myself realize I dont' need the other stuff. I had ground beef for breakfast (with vitamins).. Grilled pork/turkey for lunch.. 3 little beef patties for snack (all with hotsauce!).. and I am on my second grilled pork chop! MMm..I think I'm finally getting full. .oink..oink..
Pig out girl! As long as its legal!! I think you should eat like this for a few days..I do. The weight may go up a bit, but it will then even out and start to go back down. We dont have to keep our calories at 600, thats the beauty of it!!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:57 AM   #287
Blabbermouth!!!

CC- Im staring at 11 tomatoes...gonna make some bruchetta and salsa with my jalepenos! (not for me) and not until I devote a few more hours to the basement. I did so well in my garden this year that I will defintiely have to take up canning next year!! Hubbys finally sick of eating tomotoes like apples...

I'll check in with you crazy meat-eaters later!!
Old 09-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey guys. .

Back from the Doc! She's such a dork .. she showed me what she took out (for the biopsy they use a straw-like tube . . imagine pushing a straw into a soft peach until it's ful. . except mine wasn't full of peach flesh!! I know. . I know. . TMI but the human body amazes me.dang. now I'm thinking of peaches. . ) .Anyway. . made me want to rethink my lunch choice. . It wasn't as bad as I thought(procedure) but not something I'll want to do again any time soon. . Now the waiting game. . 7 to 10 days. The good news is. . she ordered more blood tests so we can be 100% sure my Thyroid is in check. .I think she was a little stupified at my weight gain. . Yep. .peeps. .I'm only gonna write this once my scale said 165 and her scale said 168!! OMG That's bad. even for me. .15 pounds! ARe you kidding me? I'm not changing my stats. . I refuse. . If I see that number every time I log in. . It will crush me.. . So.. enough obsessing. . time to get my butt in gear and stop with the up swing. I KNOW EXACLTY what I did and I know exactly what I have to do. . Those little tastes. . and those. just one's . . will kill you. . So. .I am going to plan my treat and I am going to do everything I can to get there. .

Glad to see you are onboard, gals! Shall we pick a day. . .next wednesday? Thursday? Mmmm. .what are you guys thinking. .surprisingly my treat will not be sugar. . I want greens and I'ma gonna get 'em!!!
IM2fat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did you guys ever notice that Hello Kitty doesn't have a mouth! That must be her stay slim secret. . maybe I could sew mine shut. . Nahh.. I'd still figure out how to get the food in. .
Old 09-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. .gotta go put my haul away. . I was couponing again. . .
Old 09-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

How important is exercise?

How often to you exercise? Is it crucial to your weight loss? I want to start going more often...but...I'm lazy lol. I seem to be losing fine without it, but I guess once I come close to my weight goal, I could use the gym to "tone up"...I don't even know how to use half the machines at my gym! I always feel silly going alone. I like the treadmill and the bikes...

Just wondering your perspectives
Old 09-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Did you guys ever notice that Hello Kitty doesn't have a mouth! That must be her stay slim secret. . maybe I could sew mine shut. . Nahh.. I'd still figure out how to get the food in. .
I always wondered why she didn't have a mouth...
I like Keroppi and BadtzMaru too lol. And did you know Hello kitty had a pet kitty? Who knew....haha.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #293
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey IM2! love the new kitty! She looks spunky and ready for action!! It never dawned on me that she didnt have a mouth and Ive been looking at her for a year now on this board. That is too funny, but obviously the secret to staying slim, like you said!!

The doc is a dork. At least her scale is. I bet its even one of those ancient ones where the pointer teeter tottters around until it finds the number that will make you most miserable. Block it out girl. you are ready to go!!! only six and half more days until your chef salad and I am making you pinky promise you are gonna do all meat with me until then!! Got it!!!??!!

Im so glad the procedure wasnt bad. Lots of prayers going out to the Big Man to make sure all results are positive!! (I have to admit, Im hoping they find your thyroid to be on the slow side because they need to give you something to rev it up. I never really felt like you had a fair chance last time. You did so well with staying on plan and the loss was just way to slow...) Big hugs to you!!! Everything is going to be fine!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #294
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

How often to you exercise? Is it crucial to your weight loss? I want to start going more often...but...I'm lazy lol. I seem to be losing fine without it, but I guess once I come close to my weight goal, I could use the gym to "tone up"...I don't even know how to use half the machines at my gym! I always feel silly going alone. I like the treadmill and the bikes...

Ahhhh....that is a very good question. I'll tell you what I think in regards to my own body. Exercise has nothing to do with my weight loss. I dont exercise. I never did. (and for you following this strict diet plan, I wouldnt even suggest you to do to more than a few tone up exercises..) Thats the plus.

Heres the bad.. I am a skinny fat girl. I should say flat. No more boobs..no more butt..jiggly thighs, squishy arms and belly. A pure weakling. Everything keeps getting smaller but shape and tone and strength never come back.

Im sure because you are young, you will look great and have a great shape, but Im tellin ya..the older you get and the longer you diet and dont exercise, the more muscle you will lose and the flatter you will get.

Dont worry about the gym. try to do some easy stuff at home. Push-ups, Sit-ups, crunches. My cheapo favorites are wall pushups and squats. not even a lot. Like 10, then 20 next time..even try to do it a few times a day..something is better than nothing!!!

Now you need to challenge me to some wall push-ups....
Old 09-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

IM2 - you have had so many medical things going on with your body over the last several months! I feel badly for you! I hope that biopsy gives the doc some clues as to what is going on in your body

How funny...I never noticed hello kitty doesn't have a mouth either!!!! I sometimes wish my would stay closed but it likes the open position

Okay - does anyone ever notice major stomach noise??? I mean my stomach makes the loudest sounds, especially when I am eating on plan! My kids just look at me and giggle because it is really quite loud! Today, my 14 year old said...."Mom, you really need to eat something." I wasn't hungry it just grumbled like a volcano!

Well, so far today I have had:

2 boiled egg whites
2 cups of coffee
1 caffe americano (sf syrup, small splash of HWC)
1 grilled chicken breast

I have already had 40 oz of water and I plan to drink another liter on my way home. I have not weighed since Tuesday....I won't be near a scale until Sunday so I hope to see a big loss. I have been downing egg whites and water like crazy!

I have got to shed this vacation weight and get on an established schedule of losses!!
Old 09-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I have been a big slob and have refused to exercise for a year!!! I tried and I keep getting derailed!

For instance, Tuesday I woke up with a fresh resolve...I decided I was gonna walk 2 miles every day and then go up from there. But, when I set my alarm and got up....it was pouring rain, then it has rained a lot since and my motivation has now escaped

Oh how I wish I could stick to a solid exercise plan!

But, with that being said, I did lose all of my weight before by only exercising my hand-to-mouth routine
Old 09-09-2010, 02:30 PM   #297
Blabbermouth!!!

So this is what I made and it is yummy! (For those including extra fat..) I cooked up a pound of no sugar real bacon this morning, then I cooked up 2.5 pounds of ground beef, in the bacon fat. I cooked it for a loooooong time. Eventually, everything will get crispy and there wont be anything to drain. (but I wanted it that way) Next, I put it in a big bowl and mixed it together with my 3 pounds of already cooked ground turkey. OMG...it is sooooo goood. It is very satisfying too. I didnt have to eat so much because of the extra fat. Mmmmm good eats here for the next few days....

back to the basement!!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 02:32 PM   #298
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
Okay - does anyone ever notice major stomach noise??? I mean my stomach makes the loudest sounds, especially when I am eating on plan! My kids just look at me and giggle because it is really quite loud! Today, my 14 year old said...."Mom, you really need to eat something." I wasn't hungry it just grumbled like a volcano!
Yes I have, but I dont think its that Im hungry, (which Ive been brainwashed to beleive hahaha) I now call it Burning up the fat and protein. When I hear my stomach growl, I say yeah baby! keep it going!! woohoo
Old 09-09-2010, 03:23 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Getting ready for Rosh Hashana dinner....wish me luck!! lol

Grandma made the Challah bread.....must stay away!!
Old 09-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

leftover steak for lunch
two hamburger patties for supper with some reduced sugar ketchup, mustard & olive oil mayo

Hopin for a loss in the morning...