Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: oldwoman123
new to stillman's -tomorrow =first day

I am 71 years old, active and been on atkins for 3 weeks and scales have not budged or have I gotten into ketosis. I found stillman's and maybe it will jump start me. Been measuring and counting on atkins and cannot get into ketosis . Maybe the stillman's will do it. I have a question tho, since diet is so old, can egg beaters or egg whites be used?
oldwoman123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2010, 03:48 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwoman123 View Post
I am 71 years old, active and been on atkins for 3 weeks and scales have not budged or have I gotten into ketosis. I found stillman's and maybe it will jump start me. Been measuring and counting on atkins and cannot get into ketosis . Maybe the stillman's will do it. I have a question tho, since diet is so old, can egg beaters or egg whites be used?
Hi 123! Please feel free to join our monthly message board for support and answers to all your questions. I know many of us eat eggs (some chose not to) and I think egg whites are definately acceptable. I do a combination when I cook them. .1 egg to 2 or three whites! I haven't checked egg beaters in while because it tends to be cheaper for me to just use the real eggs, but I don't believe there would be a problem using them. Check the label to make sure there are no hidden carbs/fat.. Good luck and let us know how you are doing. I did Atkins for the first few months and lost a bit but stalled, too. I think there was just too much fat in it for me. .
Old 08-31-2010, 05:01 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

thanks IM. I want to lose at least 20 lbs by end of october. I've been dieting since march and have not lost any weight. I am almost to the point that Stillman's is last resort. I don't think any of my med interfering. On BP and Chlorest. baby aspirin, Anti acid, fish oil and that's it. Guess I need to start a multi vitamin today. I've measured out my pitcher of water and when i get that down, I'll think about a Diet Rite. Took about a month to wean off the diet pepsi, but now, hubby and I actually like the diet rite now. glad i found this board and others on Stillman. Sure not alot on the net about this program.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

well, day 1 is tough. I am hungry. Got my water all down. had 2 eggs and egg whites and de-fatted country style rib for breakfast. Lunch was 1/2 c cottage cheese, more ribs, 1 slice FF American cheese with zero carbs, and 1/2 cup sugar free jello. I had another 1/2 cup cc and 1/2 jello for snack.
What do you eat for snack during the day? tonight I am havin baked fish.
Is the cottage cheese limited? i know I am over on the jello. Long night ahead..........
Old 09-01-2010, 03:11 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
123.. my legal snaking usually consists of leftover chicken with hot sauce. I do Jello once in awhile and skip most cheese .. I think cottage cheese is limited, though depending on what Stillman's program you are losing. Your menu looks good . . you should see results soon! keep it up. . .I'm off to start September's board. ..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote