Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 09:51 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Argggh...Can't find anything to wear to go into the city with! Are "dressy" flip flops acceptable to wear to a Broadway show?
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
About the bark...Can I have the recipe again? (Im too lazy to look) And can we make it with powdered AS?? If so, how much?
I add 2 tablespoons of dark cocoa powder to half a jar of CO and then 8 drops of liquid splenda. Freeze in a shallow pan lined with Saran wrap then break into bite size pieces. I think there are only two carbs total for the recipe and it lasts me several days
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #243
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
Argggh...Can't find anything to wear to go into the city with! Are "dressy" flip flops acceptable to wear to a Broadway show?
ABSOLUTELY! Go for cool and comfortable...its humid out there!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #244
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
I add 2 tablespoons of dark cocoa powder to half a jar of CO and then 8 drops of liquid splenda. Freeze in a shallow pan lined with Saran wrap then break into bite size pieces. I think there are only two carbs total for the recipe and it lasts me several days
thanks! its on my to-do for tomorrow! but with powdered splenda..
Old 08-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/166/160 5'5"
Hey y'all!!

We went to a mexican restaurant after church today...

no chips & salsa for me...

No tortillas, sour cream, rice & beans etc for me....

I had steak and shrimp...minus all the peppers and onions...

I feel satisfied and not grossly full like most of my table mates feel right now.

I love Stillmans!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #246
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hey y'all!!

I feel satisfied and not grossly full like most of my table mates feel right now.

I love Stillmans!!
Fantastic job BEcky!!!! The scale is sure to read good things tomorrow!! WTG!
Old 08-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

I survived the night without a single carb!! After going to the show, we went to the Hard Rock Cafe...where I had a grilled chicken "sandwich" ...took the bread off...gave my fries away and just had the chicken...and it was yummy...
10 days-10 lbs?! Going to TRY hard for that one!
Old 08-08-2010, 07:33 PM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hey y'all!!

I love Stillmans!!

Yay That sounds yummy...I was thinking tonight about what I could eat at a Mexican Restaurant. Glad you enjoyed !
Old 08-08-2010, 10:02 PM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
You guys rock. I have to say out of restaurants right now because I do not trust myself yet. I have had more egg whites (boiled) than ever today, I had some disappointing news, and my husband has been cranky too. I though I would splurge on a diet coke, but was able to refrain and just take in water and 1/2 cup iced tea. I also had a hamburger pattie and 1/4 cup cottage cheese. No exercise today, unfortunately. My blood sugar has gone donw from 175 to 145 steady in just 2 days. i also am taking bitter mellon 2x a day to help with that. Thanks for your encouragement gals!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:12 PM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/166/160 5'5"
Thank you so much aleriaaa!! I sure would love to see a loss!

Quote:
Fantastic job BEcky!!!! The scale is sure to read good things tomorrow!! WTG!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Thanks so much for the welcome back...I have missed you guys too! I'm here to stay now, I swear it. I have been having a horrible couple of days...don't know if any of you guys ever feel like this but I just feel so ugly and nothing is right. Been a little B**** to poor hubby...who just rolls his eyes at me. Gonna make it up to him tonight :blush:, coz I love that man and sometimes wonder how on earth he puts up with me. We did have a great break but like I said the last couple of days have been difficult. Feeling a bit better since signing in here though, so it looks like this nasty feeling might be ready to pass.

OMG> .I logged in tonight and thought it was DeJeVu! . . So happy to see you are back .. I'm just doing a quick fly by but will catch up on the morning . Twas excited to see those lucious lips of yours! Hhehehe
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Wow time flies by...it has been a month since I was here last. I lost the plot guys, I really did.:blush: I just got back from a week away with my hub...it was the first time we have been away together without the kids in, I don't know how long... I have been eating like a pig and all the wrong stuff too...not to mention the drinkee poos.:blush: I really need to get back on track. I am frightened to get back on the scale...the last time I was here I weighed six pounds less than my stats, I know I’m nowhere near that now...gonna weigh myself soon and post back...I know I have to face it.

OOO. .enjoy. .enjoy. .If you can believe this. . hubby and I haven't been away in 16 years! I'm not kidding. . we have never been kidless since we had kids. . I really haven't thought much about it until recently .. I've been feeling kinda sorry for myself. . When does life slow down enough to do this stuff again.. like in the old days. .before kids? I love, love, love my kids but there are days I wonder .. how do I do this? Just thinking out loud?
Old 08-08-2010, 10:23 PM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey you guys!! I said no to the wine and I was rewarded!! Changing stats from 123 to 121...had my 1.5 lb of ground turkey last night in 2 installments. Too full for the chicken.. So, the scale is still moving even though Im having a little cream in my coffee. That is good news for me because its like my treat!

IM2 - Ive got tomatos galore comin from my garden now!!! (3 plants) I had one the other day and it burned up my stomach, so hubby's been eating them like apples... what are you doing with the extras? making sauce? freezing? I dont can.

I don't have extras! My boys love em. . so I almost have to hide them. .but they are soo good on grilled food. .almost better than ketchup!
Old 08-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
*sigh*...Yesterday was a BAD day. Well it was a really fun day!! It was my nieces 2nd birthday party...and of course there was lots and lots of yummy food...and I was so good all day until....the dessert came out ....a little bite of this...a little bite of that...well I had too many "little" bites and the scale is .2 up from last Sunday... ( I tend to weigh myself almost everyday...yesterday it was 2lbs less)

Everyday I say to myself "okay...be good!!" and as much as I want to lose the weight, my cravings and non existent will power take over. It's so frustrating!!

My boyfriend comes home in 11 days and I wanted to SHOCK him. But sadly, that's not going to happen. BUT If i can really stay on track...I know I could lose SOME weight before he comes home so I'm going to get back on track today and really focus. All of your posts and weight loss results are so motivating and inspiring. I'm going into NYC today to see Rock of Ages....and my friends are going out to eat afterwards, I'm just going to skip lunch with them (because I will be too tempted!) and go home and find something to eat there..besides, it's cheaper that way

Well have a wonderful Sunday. Hopefully I'll have amazing results for next Sunday!!

Ya know what. . Your boyfriend will love you no matter how/what/where you are. . . put on something fluffly and flooffyt..black always works for me. .that puts you both in the mood and you will be rockin his world. . just do what makes you feel good and you will be in the mood in no time! Just do it. . life is tooo friggin short! rock on girl. .you can do it. . one week .. you can be down at least a size. . lets do it together. .I wanna feel great by next Sunday, too!
Old 08-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yay That sounds yummy...I was thinking tonight about what I could eat at a Mexican Restaurant. Glad you enjoyed !
woop woop
Old 08-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok Gals. . (and Dustin = Whatever// where are you????? We need you!! lOG IN!)

Anyway.. i was so good today.. my pee was clear. . I did not burp. .I have energy and I got hot flashes from the CO!!! WTG Yippeee. . Yay, me! My hubby decided he is doing CO with me. .(I have mixed feelings about that) but he did clean the toy box. .ran to the store. .fed the kids. .cleaned the living room. (I think I love CO now. . anyone who looks at the toy box deserves a high five!!!).. Those of you who have kids.. does it eve rmake you sick to think that you've spent $50.00 on a toy that your kids no longer even look at. . some of those transformer toys really get me. . sorry for the rambling thoughts.. I'm just excited I did not cheat tonight.. I've been perfect!! No more cravings!
Old 08-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the words of encouragement...boy do I need them! It's just soooooo hard dealing with this issue being only 24. I want to enjoy life, not constantly think about my weight, and that's the way it's been for 3+ years. But I did it once before!! (I was down to 113 3 years ago!!) and I can do it again. 10 lbs in 11 days..here I come
I sweat too . be pure. .be true and you will lose. . Eat only meat. . and drink your water. . You can do it.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:17 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
Good Morning!

I had a very difficult weekend. I didn't stay on this plan. Today is a new day! Last night, I fired up my crockpot and made 2 pieces of chicken covered in Tony's spices. I just had a piece a bit ago for breakfast.

I made myself sick over the weekend.... let's say I will not tell you what I have been eating!

The first 2-3 days are always the hardest for me and I always keep falling off the horse. I did the exact same thing when I attempted to start last November.

It's time for me to fill my water bottle... need my 128 oz of water!

Wishing everyone a great day!
-Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:23 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OOO. .enjoy. .enjoy. .If you can believe this. . hubby and I haven't been away in 16 years! I'm not kidding. . we have never been kidless since we had kids. . I really haven't thought much about it until recently .. I've been feeling kinda sorry for myself. . When does life slow down enough to do this stuff again.. like in the old days. .before kids? I love, love, love my kids but there are days I wonder .. how do I do this? Just thinking out loud?
IM - We are kidless here too, but it is "empty nest" ANytime you want to get away for a few days with your hubby you can send them down here to Georgia. This quiet empty nest could use some "kid noise"
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:27 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Well it's been a week since I got back on plan (after my Chicago carb week!) and I have lost the 10 pounds I gained PLUS 2 more So that is a total of 12 pounds GONE in a week - gotta love QWL and MEAT!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:42 AM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Good Morning!

I had a very difficult weekend. I didn't stay on this plan. Today is a new day! Last night, I fired up my crockpot and made 2 pieces of chicken covered in Tony's spices. I just had a piece a bit ago for breakfast.

I made myself sick over the weekend.... let's say I will not tell you what I have been eating!

The first 2-3 days are always the hardest for me and I always keep falling off the horse. I did the exact same thing when I attempted to start last November.

It's time for me to fill my water bottle... need my 128 oz of water!

Wishing everyone a great day!
-Dustin
Good Morning Dustin! Weekends are the hardest for me because friends and family are usually here and there is always food and drinks involved. By getting back on plan today you should be able to get past the horrible forst 2-3 days and be carb free by the weekend. This will help strengthen your reslove and set you on a successful path!

It really does help to come here to type, chat and vent if you are feeling that "Carb Crankiness" or feel a "Carb Cheat" coming on. We have all been there - some, like me, struggle every day.

I tell people that if I can do this at my age, then anyone can!

We're here for you!!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:46 AM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Ok Gals. . (and Dustin = Whatever// where are you????? We need you!! lOG IN!)

Anyway.. i was so good today.. my pee was clear. . I did not burp. .I have energy and I got hot flashes from the CO!!! WTG Yippeee. . Yay, me! My hubby decided he is doing CO with me. .(I have mixed feelings about that) but he did clean the toy box. .ran to the store. .fed the kids. .cleaned the living room. (I think I love CO now. . anyone who looks at the toy box deserves a high five!!!).. Those of you who have kids.. does it eve rmake you sick to think that you've spent $50.00 on a toy that your kids no longer even look at. . some of those transformer toys really get me. . sorry for the rambling thoughts.. I'm just excited I did not cheat tonight.. I've been perfect!! No more cravings!
Yay IM Glad to see you are feeling it! I think your hubby deserves a big STEAK (to share with you) drizzled in CO

Yes, I can relate to all the money spent on "things" that they just "had to have" only to be ignored within a month. That's why EBay works and Goodwill is filled with "stuff".
Old 08-09-2010, 08:42 AM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: doxielove
Stats: 177.8/145.4/120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 07.08.13
Good morning everyone! After three weeks of lurking I finally gathered up the courage to start QWL this morning. It had everything to do with the warm responses I got to some questions Saturday, so thank you for the information and encouragement. I'm really frightened of failing - again - but school starts two weeks from today and I don't want to have to buy all new work clothes because nothing from last year fits. Have a great day!
doxielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:06 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxielove View Post
Good morning everyone! After three weeks of lurking I finally gathered up the courage to start QWL this morning. It had everything to do with the warm responses I got to some questions Saturday, so thank you for the information and encouragement. I'm really frightened of failing - again - but school starts two weeks from today and I don't want to have to buy all new work clothes because nothing from last year fits. Have a great day!

Doxie - You CAN do it I have tried so many diets in the past and failed - mostly because I was doing it for all the wrong reasons and going about them in an unhealthy, unsupported way.

We are here for you!

Schools started today in most parts of Georgia! I remember starting after Labor Day and ending the first week of June - I got a great education AND had my summers...........

My daughter graduated in the Spring with a degree in Social Studies Education (5-12) and cannot find a job here so she is looking overseas

Last edited by swebb; 08-09-2010 at 09:08 AM..
Old 08-09-2010, 10:05 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: doxielove
Stats: 177.8/145.4/120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 07.08.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Doxie - You CAN do it I have tried so many diets in the past and failed - mostly because I was doing it for all the wrong reasons and going about them in an unhealthy, unsupported way.

We are here for you!

Schools started today in most parts of Georgia! I remember starting after Labor Day and ending the first week of June - I got a great education AND had my summers...........

My daughter graduated in the Spring with a degree in Social Studies Education (5-12) and cannot find a job here so she is looking overseas
I'm sorry about your daughter - all the colleges tell you there is a shortage of teachers, but here in California they're still being laid off like crazy. I'm a Special Ed teacher, and usually there are a lot of openings, but I couldn't find work in the public schools either, so I'm doing 4th grade in a private school (for a lot less money!) until we get a new governor in here and (hopefully) the education budget gets better! It's pretty easy and really quick to get a TESOL certificate - seriously you can do it in a couple weekends - and then she could teach English overseas.I think that's a pretty open field. One of my daughter's friends is going to an interview later this month - he wants to teach in Japan (but the interviews are in Toronto, Canada). Good luck to her!

And thank you so much for the encouragement! I am the Queen of Failure! but I hope it stops here. The problem is that I get hungry, so I'll try not to do that, even if it means eating too much meat the first day or two.

And yeah, whatever happened to school after Labor Day?!
doxielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Good Afternoon!

Yes, Times are tough everywhere! I know there are BIG demand for English teachers in Russia and Ukraine. Every time I go to Ukraine, I always meet strangers who just wants to practice their English out in the streets or on the train.

I'm still holding in there. I drank almost 64 ounces of water and been running to the bathroom quite a bit! I'll consider that as part of my new exercise program!

I've been nibbling on my chicken throughout the day. So far, so good!! The hardest part will be going home. This is where I fall off the horse.

-Dustin
Old 08-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hello everyone! Today is my only day off this week so I got up early, ran some errands, had my CO and just cooked up 3 eggs... Only got a little over 2 down. TOM is still here and he's got my weight up a bit to an even 154. No biggie. It's going to be in the 90s again all week. I'm getting a little tired of this heat and humidity. Can't believe I'm saying that I am actually looking forward to Autumn

Doxie, so glad you jumped on board today! I look forward to reading your posts and watching your weight go down down down!

Swebb, congrats on the loss!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Hello everyone! Today is my only day off this week so I got up early, ran some errands, had my CO and just cooked up 3 eggs... Only got a little over 2 down. TOM is still here and he's got my weight up a bit to an even 154. No biggie. It's going to be in the 90s again all week. I'm getting a little tired of this heat and humidity. Can't believe I'm saying that I am actually looking forward to Autumn

Doxie, so glad you jumped on board today! I look forward to reading your posts and watching your weight go down down down!

Swebb, congrats on the loss!
Tired of the heat and humidity here as well - I thought I would try and use it to my advantage and started cleaning out the garage today -whew! Maybe I will sweat/workoff a pound or two

When do you leave for Europe??
Old 08-09-2010, 11:28 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Good Afternoon!

Yes, Times are tough everywhere! I know there are BIG demand for English teachers in Russia and Ukraine. Every time I go to Ukraine, I always meet strangers who just wants to practice their English out in the streets or on the train.

I'm still holding in there. I drank almost 64 ounces of water and been running to the bathroom quite a bit! I'll consider that as part of my new exercise program!

I've been nibbling on my chicken throughout the day. So far, so good!! The hardest part will be going home. This is where I fall off the horse.

-Dustin
To paraphrase Tom Cruise (from the movie, "Knight and Day")..... With us your chances are up here ...Without us your chances are way down here.........

SO stick with us and we will get you through - if you are at home jump online and step away from the carbs and bad choices.

Last edited by swebb; 08-09-2010 at 11:39 AM..
Old 08-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Hi Swebb,

Sounds good! My chances will be better at home! I guess jumping is becoming a part of my exercise program, eh?

-Dustin