Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Wow swebb! Your loss is amazing! I can relate the bolded parts below... I'm 43.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Hi Doxie - As Al said, nothing too personal here I think I lost 7 pounds the first week. I have been on Stillman's almost 5 months and have lost 54 pounds. Even with my carb week in Chicago where I gained 10 pounds - I lost 9 of that in a week. I can't think of another way of eating that I have done in the past where I could have made these comments

I am over 50 and life is still throwing me curve balls and I am a very emotional eater as well. It does help to not have temptations around. (at least for the first couple of weeks).

P.S. I lost the weight with very little (if any) exercise.

You can do this! We need your story (the triumphs, struggles and set-backs) on here to be an example to those that follow - that we can LIVE life and get healthy.
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #212
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxielove View Post
Could you please tell me (if it's allowed) what brand of sausage you were able to find that is low enough in fat and zero carb in order to be legal on Stillman's? That would definitely make my life easier - I love sausage.
I would stay away from processed food in the beginning! The cleaner and simpler you keep it, the better results will be! A lot of us that have been doing this for a while up the fat from time to time. It makes us feel better, satisifies us, gives us something "new" and "exciting" to eat, but it can slow down the results. Notice I said slow down. We can still lose, but unfortuantely not as fast!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxielove View Post
Could you please tell me (if it's allowed) what brand of sausage you were able to find that is low enough in fat and zero carb in order to be legal on Stillman's? That would definitely make my life easier - I love sausage.

There is a brand at my local Kroger called "Crabapple Crossing" that has 0 carbs. There are other brands out there as well.

The fat is the issue. I fry and crumble the sausage, then drain and RINSE. I dry it on paper towels. This helps take out most of the fat. The sausage/ground beef mixture has never caused me to stall or gain.

You will have to experiment to see if it works for you.

The low sodium, low fat Butterball Turkey Bacon is another morning favorite of mine.

I do not like eggs - can even gag them down so my mornings are meat based. Can't seem to do tuna first thing either but later in the day it's no problem.

Hope this helps - good luck. Keep posting and asking questions. Keep us updated. We are here for you
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:14 PM   #214
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I think I lost 7 pounds the first week. I have been on Stillman's almost 5 months and have lost 54 pounds. Even with my carb week in Chicago where I gained 10 pounds - I lost 9 of that in a week. I can't think of another way of eating that I have done in the past where I could have made these comments

Doxie- SHARON IS AMAZING!!! I was actually going to point out her results and Gwn's but then she showed up!!!!! Woohoo!
Old 08-07-2010, 04:14 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Wow swebb! Your loss is amazing! I can relate the bolded parts below... I'm 43.
Thanks Becky :blush: I have a long way to go but I know it's doable. I wish I had paid more attention to ME when I was younger........
Old 08-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #216
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank goodness I dont have a Kroger cause Id be all over that sausage!
Old 08-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #217
Blabbermouth!!!

Actually....this coconut oil thing is making me a liar when it comes to fat. It would appear that those including CO are experiencing wonderful results!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #218
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks Becky :blush: I have a long way to go but I know it's doable. I wish I had paid more attention to ME when I was younger........
show us what you got in the next 4 months!! You'll be there!!
Old 08-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #219
Blabbermouth!!!

Im on my way out and the plan is turkey, chicken, True Blood, and maybe, just maybe a glass of vino. Its so easy to say no these days, but if I have to go through all the trouble to pick it up on my way home, I may as well indulge a bit.. right?

Have a great night everyone! Eat meat!

BTW..where is CC??
Old 08-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
have a great time, Al! You deserve it.. .I'm lurking again instead of working. . Ugg. .

I love the sausage/burger combination.. . but i don't do it too often. . I stuck to plan today. . pork chops on the grill. . tomato slices (from garden :-) and steak! I went all out . crap. hubby back in. gotta get to work . Cya
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:19 PM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Thank goodness I dont have a Kroger cause Id be all over that sausage!
There are some other brands out there that are also 0 carb

I have even seen turkey sausage but haven't bought any.....maybe my next trip to the store....
Old 08-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
There are some other brands out there that are also 0 carb

I have even seen turkey sausage but haven't bought any.....maybe my next trip to the store....
I've ordered turkey sausage at Crackerbarrel a couple of times...I like it!
Old 08-08-2010, 12:32 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Wow time flies by...it has been a month since I was here last. I lost the plot guys, I really did.:blush: I just got back from a week away with my hub...it was the first time we have been away together without the kids in, I don't know how long... I have been eating like a pig and all the wrong stuff too...not to mention the drinkee poos.:blush: I really need to get back on track. I am frightened to get back on the scale...the last time I was here I weighed six pounds less than my stats, I know I’m nowhere near that now...gonna weigh myself soon and post back...I know I have to face it.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:08 AM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Ok... Strangely my weight gain is not as bad as I thought it would be, it's not great though ...I have gained 7lb but I only need to change my stats by one pound. My tummy feels so bloated from all the carbs and I think that is why I am feeling so heavy. I can't wait to get a few stillman days under my belt so I can get rid of this yucky pumped up feeling. Anyone else get that from eating carbs?
Old 08-08-2010, 03:55 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Ok... Strangely my weight gain is not as bad as I thought it would be, it's not great though ...I have gained 7lb but I only need to change my stats by one pound. My tummy feels so bloated from all the carbs and I think that is why I am feeling so heavy. I can't wait to get a few stillman days under my belt so I can get rid of this yucky pumped up feeling. Anyone else get that from eating carbs?
Welcome back Makeme! We missed you

You will be surprised how quickly that weight gain will disappear once you jump back on Stillman's.

I get that bloated, heavy feeling with carbs as well
Old 08-08-2010, 04:44 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Makeme, I think the fact that you strayed, but made it back in such short time is great. In my past, when I would fall, it would take me 6 months to a year to get back on track.
You'll be back where you want to be in no time!

I hope you had a great time with your DH!

Quote:
Old 08-08-2010, 05:27 AM   #227
Blabbermouth!!!

BACK MAKEME!!! You will find that those extra pounds melt away with the quickness and then some!!! Stick with us now, ya hear?
Old 08-08-2010, 05:33 AM   #228
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey you guys!! I said no to the wine and I was rewarded!! Changing stats from 123 to 121...had my 1.5 lb of ground turkey last night in 2 installments. Too full for the chicken.. So, the scale is still moving even though Im having a little cream in my coffee. That is good news for me because its like my treat!

IM2 - Ive got tomatos galore comin from my garden now!!! (3 plants) I had one the other day and it burned up my stomach, so hubby's been eating them like apples... what are you doing with the extras? making sauce? freezing? I dont can.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:34 AM   #229
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Makeme, I think the fact that you strayed, but made it back in such short time is great. In my past, when I would fall, it would take me 6 months to a year to get back on track.
You'll be back where you want to be in no time!

I hope you had a great time with your DH!
Yup! What she said!!!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:48 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
*sigh*...Yesterday was a BAD day. Well it was a really fun day!! It was my nieces 2nd birthday party...and of course there was lots and lots of yummy food...and I was so good all day until....the dessert came out ....a little bite of this...a little bite of that...well I had too many "little" bites and the scale is .2 up from last Sunday... ( I tend to weigh myself almost everyday...yesterday it was 2lbs less)

Everyday I say to myself "okay...be good!!" and as much as I want to lose the weight, my cravings and non existent will power take over. It's so frustrating!!

My boyfriend comes home in 11 days and I wanted to SHOCK him. But sadly, that's not going to happen. BUT If i can really stay on track...I know I could lose SOME weight before he comes home so I'm going to get back on track today and really focus. All of your posts and weight loss results are so motivating and inspiring. I'm going into NYC today to see Rock of Ages....and my friends are going out to eat afterwards, I'm just going to skip lunch with them (because I will be too tempted!) and go home and find something to eat there..besides, it's cheaper that way

Well have a wonderful Sunday. Hopefully I'll have amazing results for next Sunday!!

Last edited by SquishyPunim413; 08-08-2010 at 06:52 AM..
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:11 AM   #231
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Squishy! I have so been there and done that, and Im here to say you will pull through!! You can lose 10 pounds (or more) in the next 11 days but you can not have any more tastes! You have to make this happen!! I swear it will work. Dont skip out on lunch, just order some chicken or a steak. I would even give you the advice to order 2 burgers on a plate. As long as you keep it as close to zero carb, the weight will still fall off. You can do it! Please dont let one more day go by with those evil carbs taking over.

Have fun in the city! Dont let the diet ruin your day. Food for Fuel, not for fun!!
Old 08-08-2010, 07:22 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hi Squishy! I have so been there and done that, and Im here to say you will pull through!! You can lose 10 pounds (or more) in the next 11 days but you can not have any more tastes! You have to make this happen!! I swear it will work. Dont skip out on lunch, just order some chicken or a steak. I would even give you the advice to order 2 burgers on a plate. As long as you keep it as close to zero carb, the weight will still fall off. You can do it! Please dont let one more day go by with those evil carbs taking over.

Have fun in the city! Dont let the diet ruin your day. Food for Fuel, not for fun!!
Thanks for the words of encouragement...boy do I need them! It's just soooooo hard dealing with this issue being only 24. I want to enjoy life, not constantly think about my weight, and that's the way it's been for 3+ years. But I did it once before!! (I was down to 113 3 years ago!!) and I can do it again. 10 lbs in 11 days..here I come
Old 08-08-2010, 07:27 AM   #233
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
Thanks for the words of encouragement...boy do I need them! It's just soooooo hard dealing with this issue being only 24. I want to enjoy life, not constantly think about my weight, and that's the way it's been for 3+ years. But I did it once before!! (I was down to 113 3 years ago!!) and I can do it again. 10 lbs in 11 days..here I come
Now thats what Im talkin bout! Im loving your spirit!!! You can do this!! Today is your day!

113 was my magic weight back in April. Im hoping to get back there too! Hopefully by next week. (yeah right!)

Cute bunnies but Im missing your pretty face!
Old 08-08-2010, 07:41 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks so much for the welcome back...I have missed you guys too! I'm here to stay now, I swear it. I have been having a horrible couple of days...don't know if any of you guys ever feel like this but I just feel so ugly and nothing is right. Been a little B**** to poor hubby...who just rolls his eyes at me. Gonna make it up to him tonight :blush:, coz I love that man and sometimes wonder how on earth he puts up with me. We did have a great break but like I said the last couple of days have been difficult. Feeling a bit better since signing in here though, so it looks like this nasty feeling might be ready to pass.

Last edited by makemeslim; 08-08-2010 at 07:55 AM..
Old 08-08-2010, 07:51 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
*sigh*...Yesterday was a BAD day. Well it was a really fun day!! It was my nieces 2nd birthday party...and of course there was lots and lots of yummy food...and I was so good all day until....the dessert came out ....a little bite of this...a little bite of that...well I had too many "little" bites and the scale is .2 up from last Sunday... ( I tend to weigh myself almost everyday...yesterday it was 2lbs less)

Everyday I say to myself "okay...be good!!" and as much as I want to lose the weight, my cravings and non existent will power take over. It's so frustrating!!

My boyfriend comes home in 11 days and I wanted to SHOCK him. But sadly, that's not going to happen. BUT If i can really stay on track...I know I could lose SOME weight before he comes home so I'm going to get back on track today and really focus. All of your posts and weight loss results are so motivating and inspiring. I'm going into NYC today to see Rock of Ages....and my friends are going out to eat afterwards, I'm just going to skip lunch with them (because I will be too tempted!) and go home and find something to eat there..besides, it's cheaper that way

Well have a wonderful Sunday. Hopefully I'll have amazing results for next Sunday!!
Hi Squishy...like Al says you can lose a heap before your BF comes home,that is the beauty of Stillman's. ...keep at it. I'm finding it a bit tough as it is only my first day back but I know it will get better...we can do this...yes we can!
Old 08-08-2010, 08:06 AM   #236
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I have been having a horrible couple of days...don't know if any of you guys ever feel like this but I just feel so ugly and nothing is right. Been a little B**** to poor hubby...
oh yes, yes, yes I do!! Please don't read my posts from the last few weeks. You dont need to hear about my struggles! Thankfully, with the help from my buds, Im back on track and all is well. Looks like TODAY is the day for you too!!! Awesome! We can do this!!
Old 08-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Squishy...like Al says you can lose a heap before your BF comes home,that is the beauty of Stillman's. ...keep at it. I'm finding it a bit tough as it is only my first day back but I know it will get better...we can do this...yes we can!
=D Thanks
Old 08-08-2010, 08:26 AM   #238
Blabbermouth!!!

The first few days on Stillmans...I have always suffered from really bad headaches and fatigue and utter miserableness upon every restart. (which has been many in the last few months.) Sometimes these awful feelings would even make me cave in so it would stop (but that never worked either I was still feeling crappy).

Anywho.. I did not get sick this last time and I think I figured out what made the difference (for me). I stuffed myself silly with meat all day. (Normally I dont eat breakfast but that 1st day I grazed all day!) No headache. No sleepiness. I was not eating enough!!!!

So I think its a good idea to make sure you are prepared with lots of cooked up meat in the fridge, keep your water bottles full on the counter or fridge, and pop a peice of meat everytime you are hungry or just "feel" like something to eat.

(and IM2 would add DONT FORGET YOUR VITAMINS!!!)

So.. Even if you are just bored!! Eat some chicken. You dont have to stop at one. Remember you arent eating any sides so two is OK!!! Pretty soon though, you'll get bored with that and find something interesting to do with your time instead of eating! (Not that I think anyone eats out of boredom, but I know I do!!!)

So....Anyone out there just starting off?? The other secret to success is to join our great group, ask questions, and get the support you need to finally make goal happen!!!

WE CAN ALL GET THIS DONE!!! and with the quickness!!
Old 08-08-2010, 08:32 AM   #239
Blabbermouth!!!

I know Sunday is a slow day around here, but I'm a hopin and prayin for at least 3 new people to decide that enough is enough and TODAY is the DAY to begin a new skinny life!!! I know you are out there reading... those millions of views we get cant be from just me. Well, possible half of them could be because of me...

Come out come out, wherever you are...
Old 08-08-2010, 08:39 AM   #240
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Soooooooo...........Squish especially........EAT UP! Your natural wild thang body will tell you when to put down the burger or turkey leg. Kamill's old avi was spot on-the cavegirl running with a blow dryer in one hand and a pteradactyl leg (giant prehistorc chicken) in the other!
I dont know how I missed CCs driveby yesterday!!! But this is great stuff!!!, as usual ceese!!!!

I want a pteradactyl leg!!!!