Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 09:06 AM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
GT- Get back already!!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip! We miss ya around here!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!
 
becky123abc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,908
Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/193/160 5'5.5"
Well seeing the success and longevity of others certainly makes it seem doable!!

Thanks AL! You are a great encourager!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
NOT IMPOSSIBLE, MY FRIEND!!!!!

You will be there by September!! October at most!! Doesnt it feel great to know you'll get it done before we have to make our new years resolutions!! Don't let anything get in your way!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #183
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
THanks so much AL!!

I don't trust myself with SF treats...I'm afraid what that would ignite... I'm glad I don't have a hankerin' for sweets "right now!" : )
That stuff tastes horrible after clean meat eatin for a while! BUT, if you are ever inclined to dive in. Think of us first, and have a nice steak to get rid of that sweet tooth! Nothing is more satisfying or delicious or heavenly and mouth watering than that!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:15 AM   #184
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
can you guys tell that tuna's not cuttin it for me.. Bring on the beef!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:15 AM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Thanks AL! You are a great encourager!
As you girls are to me!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:17 AM   #186
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Just finished a bottle of Walmarts (CL) Apple. That can be considered pretty heavenly in my book, too!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:30 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!
 
becky123abc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,908
Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/193/160 5'5.5"
I ate cold leftover steak for breaky this morning! : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
That stuff tastes horrible after clean meat eatin for a while! BUT, if you are ever inclined to dive in. Think of us first, and have a nice steak to get rid of that sweet tooth! Nothing is more satisfying or delicious or heavenly and mouth watering than that!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member
 
swebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 929
Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
About the bark...Can I have the recipe again? (Im too lazy to look) And can we make it with powdered AS?? If so, how much?
Hi Al - This is how I make mine: 1 cup coconut oil (liquid), 6 tablespoons cocoa powder, 3 packets of Stevia (or Splenda). Mix well and pour into an ice cube tray (mine has 16 spaces) and freeze. Each coconut bark cube is 1 serving (1Tablespoon).

I like dark chocolate so I don't add vanilla as some people do - I like my chocolate a little bitter.

Caution: Can be addictive
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:52 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member
 
swebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 929
Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
can you guys tell that tuna's not cuttin it for me.. Bring on the beef!
Yeah, tuna is moving lower on my list as well. I have some lean ground beef and 0 carb Hot sausage that I am going to brown together, drain and then refrigerate. That will be my lunch and snack this weekend.
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:59 AM   #190
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Hi Al - This is how I make mine: 1 cup coconut oil (liquid), 6 tablespoons cocoa powder, 3 packets of Stevia (or Splenda). Mix well and pour into an ice cube tray (mine has 16 spaces) and freeze. Each coconut bark cube is 1 serving (1Tablespoon).

I like dark chocolate so I don't add vanilla as some people do - I like my chocolate a little bitter.

Caution: Can be addictive
THANKS SHARON!! I have some Davincis Kalua (thats like 4 yrs old) If I dont like the bark plain, perhaps I can add that!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:00 AM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
I cold steak leftovers.

aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member
 
swebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 929
Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
THANKS SHARON!! I have some Davincis Kalua (thats like 4 yrs old) If I dont like the bark plain, perhaps I can add that!
YUM!!!! But I can't believe that you have Kahlua that is still around after 4 years!

Last edited by swebb; 08-07-2010 at 10:11 AM..
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member
 
swebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 929
Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Some humor for today:

A Doctor was addressing a large audience in Tampa . 'The material we put into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here, years ago.. Red meat is awful. Soft drinks corrode your stomach lining. Chinese food is loaded with MSG. High fat diets can be disastrous, and none of us realizes the long-term harm caused by the germs in our drinking water. However, there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all and we all have eaten, or will eat it. Can anyone here tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?'

After several seconds of quiet, a 75-year-old man in the front row raised his hand, and softly said, 'Wedding Cake."
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,768
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Hey everyone. . .fly by posting. . .I have to get something done today. .3:00 and I've been shopping all morning! Well. .I did clean the bathroom and read about 1/2 of Twilight so that counts for something. I promised myself I wouldn't pick up the book today until I got my taxes done. . which, at this rate will be midnight! How many movies are out now? I never paid much attention but I suppose I'll have to watch them now.. .. .

I'm still being good!! Yay , Me! Cravings are minimal if at all.. .which is huge for me . . I've had a rough time keeping them at bay lately. The Wonka candy is gone, Al. just for the record. I can't bring anything into the house without my teenagers swarming me, especially when I go shopping with coupons. . they know I'll buy good stuff then!! Of course, I was still a little high from my shopping trip yesterday so I had to run to the drug store and get my "free" cereal, vitamins. .saline solution, visine, aspirin and razers. . There are weeks that go by when you can't find any bargains but then they hit you with some pretty good ones! The trick is to keep your coupons and to buy several Sunday papers! It can be an obsession. . . Can you tell, I have an addictive personality?. . Food, books. . movies.. alcohol, coupons. . shopping.. clothes.(yes. .I did stop by the thrift - it is right next to the drugstore, after all. . ) . . good thing I never tried drugs! I'd be hooked for sure. .
__________________
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "O Crap.. She's up!!!
Please be patient, God isn't finished with me yet.
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:16 PM   #195
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
How many movies are out now?
Netflix has New Moon, and Eclipse might still be in the theatre! Read the books first though!!

Great job sticking to plan IM2!! Woohoo! 140s here you come!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #196
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Some humor for today:

A Doctor was addressing a large audience in Tampa . 'The material we put into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here, years ago.. Red meat is awful. Soft drinks corrode your stomach lining. Chinese food is loaded with MSG. High fat diets can be disastrous, and none of us realizes the long-term harm caused by the germs in our drinking water. However, there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all and we all have eaten, or will eat it. Can anyone here tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?'

After several seconds of quiet, a 75-year-old man in the front row raised his hand, and softly said, 'Wedding Cake."
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:22 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member
 
swebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 929
Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
No tuna or turkey for me today.....all red meat!

Leftover ribeye for breakfast, ground beef/sausage mix for lunch and kabobs are on the menu for dinner.

Hoping this will give me a little extra energy boost. Hve been feeling tired and sluggish this past week...... I know it is from the carb detox.

I am going to make a pot of hot tea after dinner and curl up with a good book... much to the doggies chagrin!
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 785
Gallery: doxielove
Stats: 177.8/139.4/120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 07.08.13
I hope I'm not being too personal, and I'm honestly not just being nosey, but I was wondering if you would share about how much you lost during your first week of Stillman's and which version you are doing. I'm looking for some motivation/encouragement - life is throwing me some curve balls lately but I HAVE to get over this emotional eating and lose this weight for me. Thank you!
doxielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxielove View Post
I hope I'm not being too personal, and I'm honestly not just being nosey, but I was wondering if you would share about how much you lost during your first week of Stillman's and which version you are doing. I'm looking for some motivation/encouragement - life is throwing me some curve balls lately but I HAVE to get over this emotional eating and lose this weight for me. Thank you!
Hi doxie! You can never be too personal or nosey when you're with us!! I lost 10 pounds the first 7 days on QWL, then 4 the next, then 4 the next, then 3. (I just happen to have my journal right here- )

Stillmans works wonders if you follow it strict! We have so many amzing success stories!! I know you can do it too!

The best part about it is your cravings will be GONE after a few days. FOOD FOR FUEL, as Becky said earlier!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:21 PM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
No tuna or turkey for me today.....all red meat!

Leftover ribeye for breakfast, ground beef/sausage mix for lunch and kabobs are on the menu for dinner.
I am so jealous!! Im having chicken and leftover ground turkey!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:26 PM   #201
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
speaking of my journal....when I started on 7/25/09, at 189 lbs... my goal weight was 140. It's circled, underlined, and has lots of !!!!!! after it. My how things change....
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!
 
becky123abc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,908
Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/193/160 5'5.5"
Wow! AL! That's incredible that you went so far what you considered your goal...FABULOUS!!

That's makes me wonder ..... WOuld I dare to dream that big???

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
speaking of my journal....when I started on 7/25/09, at 189 lbs... my goal weight was 140. It's circled, underlined, and has lots of !!!!!! after it. My how things change....
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:46 PM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Wow! AL! That's incredible that you went so far what you considered your goal...FABULOUS!!

That's makes me wonder ..... WOuld I dare to dream that big???
I believe you will! Stillmans is the first diet for me with instant gratification! It was so easy to keep going cause I kept getting results!! (that doesnt mean I didnt complain a lot that it wasnt going fast enough) But my journal shows that as long as I kept it clean I got results!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:48 PM   #204
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Becky..remember when I said the other day I did two weeks meat & water only?? Looking at it now, it was only one week. But darn it felt like a month, I swear!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #205
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
How tall are you?
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:52 PM   #206
Major LCF Poster!
 
becky123abc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,908
Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/193/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
How tall are you?
14 years ago I measured at 5'6.5"


Now I measure 5' 5.5"...


I hate it that I've shrunk an inch!!

I feel like my bones are on the bigger side...my feet are size 11...I have what I consider...big hands...
Or maybe I'm just telling myself so I can weigh more! ha

Last edited by becky123abc; 08-07-2010 at 04:10 PM..
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 785
Gallery: doxielove
Stats: 177.8/139.4/120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 07.08.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hi doxie! You can never be too personal or nosey when you're with us!! I lost 10 pounds the first 7 days on QWL, then 4 the next, then 4 the next, then 3. (I just happen to have my journal right here- )

Stillmans works wonders if you follow it strict! We have so many amzing success stories!! I know you can do it too!

The best part about it is your cravings will be GONE after a few days. FOOD FOR FUEL, as Becky said earlier!!
Thank you for such a quick and motivating reply! If I ever see 120, I KNOW for sure I would try for 110. I'm 5'3" (on a good hair day!) and have teeny, tiny little bones (ugh). About how many ounces of protein would you say you eat in a day? Do you spread your food out over 6 meals? Thank you for your help!
doxielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 785
Gallery: doxielove
Stats: 177.8/139.4/120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 07.08.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Yeah, tuna is moving lower on my list as well. I have some lean ground beef and 0 carb Hot sausage that I am going to brown together, drain and then refrigerate. That will be my lunch and snack this weekend.
Could you please tell me (if it's allowed) what brand of sausage you were able to find that is low enough in fat and zero carb in order to be legal on Stillman's? That would definitely make my life easier - I love sausage.
doxielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #209
Blabbermouth!!!
 
aleriaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,744
Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxielove View Post
Thank you for such a quick and motivating reply! If I ever see 120, I KNOW for sure I would try for 110. I'm 5'3" (on a good hair day!) and have teeny, tiny little bones (ugh). About how many ounces of protein would you say you eat in a day? Do you spread your food out over 6 meals? Thank you for your help!
I have always eaten a lot. Probably more than most, and definitely more than I need. If its ground turkey, I'll eat 2 bowls or 1.5 lb. If its chicken...2.. Pork chops 2 or 3. Tuna is the big pouch or two cans. Steak - the whole darn thing! I skip breakfast and normally eat two meals when Im working. When Im off I'm usually grazing the fridge all afternoon and evening.

The best advice I can give you starting off is eat meat if you are hungry. Dont worry about how much you want or need, just eat. That will get you through the hard part and after a few days, the cravings will be gone, your appetite will diminish, you'll be down a bunch of pounds and you'll see how great Stillmans really is!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member
 
swebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 929
Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxielove View Post
I hope I'm not being too personal, and I'm honestly not just being nosey, but I was wondering if you would share about how much you lost during your first week of Stillman's and which version you are doing. I'm looking for some motivation/encouragement - life is throwing me some curve balls lately but I HAVE to get over this emotional eating and lose this weight for me. Thank you!
Hi Doxie - As Al said, nothing too personal here I think I lost 7 pounds the first week. I have been on Stillman's almost 5 months and have lost 54 pounds. Even with my carb week in Chicago where I gained 10 pounds - I lost 9 of that in a week. I can't think of another way of eating that I have done in the past where I could have made these comments

I am over 50 and life is still throwing me curve balls and I am a very emotional eater as well. It does help to not have temptations around. (at least for the first couple of weeks).

P.S. I lost the weight with very little (if any) exercise.

You can do this! We need your story (the triumphs, struggles and set-backs) on here to be an example to those that follow - that we can LIVE life and get healthy.
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:28 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.