Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Good Morning! Scale was down another full pound this morning. I really think I'm on to something with the CO!
GWN!!! That is absolutely AMAZING!!! Im soooo happy for you!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
I'm back

Took a road trip with my daughter (6 states in 9 days ). Our main destination was Chicago- neither of us had ever visited the city (but we had been to the airport). So we did a lot of sight-seeing, eating (and yes, I had carbs) and drinking (just a little wine and a couple of beers). I was not good about drinking my water

Came back and got on the scale. I had gained 10 pounds - jumped right back on Stillman's on Monday and by this morning I had lost 6 of those 10 pounds.

My goals for August are:

Exercise 3 days a week
Remember my water!
Lose 10 pounds (from where I am now) - that will put me below 200 with a bit of a cushion.

My immediate goal is to go back and read the last few pages of the July thread and then catch up on the August chat. When I left we were on page 55 in July
Welcome back Sharon!!!! Sounds like you had an awesome trip!!! and your goals sound great!! The pounds do add up quickly when we go off Stills but look at the awesome results we get when we hop back on!! So glad you came back! i was getting worried there- felt like you were gone foreva!!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Went to the park for a few hours and Im sure I sweated off a few pounds just sitting there on the bench! Gonna go jump in the pool and then sit down to a chicken feast! Im on plan and sticken to it!! woohoo!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:13 PM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Welcome back, Swebb!! We missed you around here! Did you love Chicago? It's a city I have always wanted to visit but just haven't gotten around to it yet... Also, way to get right back on plan, amazing!!

Thanks Al I was worried about myself a little over a week ago, didn't think I could get it back together again, was really struggling. But having beef really pulled me through it and kept me sane.
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks Al I was worried about myself a little over a week ago, didn't think I could get it back together again, was really struggling. But having beef really pulled me through it and kept me sane.
You are a superstar! Im hoping my struggles are over now!! Even though Ive got lots of meat ready to go in the fridge, Im thawing some ground beef so I have no excuses!

If anyone likes to reuse their plastic ice coffee cups over and over again from starbucks or DD...walmart has heavy duty ones now!!!! Drink. Wash. Reuse! They even have hot coffe ones that resemble starbucks. the caps screw on..they are great! My crystal light looks beautiful in it!
Old 08-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Hey everyone! I can't even say . . Morning, Peeps any more :-( Stupid work. .

Anyway. so far. .so good. .stuck to plan and am getting ready to grill some Talipia. . I intend not to eat anything else today. .Water . water. . water . and maybe CL. . I'm still bloated and squishy but I think another water day will help. .I've tried not to eat anything to salty but I know there is salt in tuna and I did have some for lunch! Turkey was my breakfast. . I'm gonna go do a shot of CO. .did one this morning. . took my vitamins at lunch. .

Webb. . Welcome home! We missed you. how great that you were able to lose most of those pesky pounds. .

gotta run. I'll check in later . hugs to everyone. . Glad to see you Al. .I am not thinking about my stats at all. .
Old 08-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat430 View Post
Morning All,

I am down 2 pounds and staying strong.

Hope everyone has a great day!
MEOW GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
I'm back

Took a road trip with my daughter (6 states in 9 days ). Our main destination was Chicago- neither of us had ever visited the city (but we had been to the airport). So we did a lot of sight-seeing, eating (and yes, I had carbs) and drinking (just a little wine and a couple of beers). I was not good about drinking my water

Came back and got on the scale. I had gained 10 pounds - jumped right back on Stillman's on Monday and by this morning I had lost 6 of those 10 pounds.

My goals for August are:

Exercise 3 days a week
Remember my water!
Lose 10 pounds (from where I am now) - that will put me below 200 with a bit of a cushion.

My immediate goal is to go back and read the last few pages of the July thread and then catch up on the August chat. When I left we were on page 55 in July
WTG Sharon!!!!!!!Welcome home! We missed you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Hey everyone! I can't even say . . Morning, Peeps any more :-( Stupid work. .

Anyway. so far. .so good. .stuck to plan and am getting ready to grill some Talipia. . I intend not to eat anything else today. .Water . water. . water . and maybe CL. . I'm still bloated and squishy but I think another water day will help. .I've tried not to eat anything to salty but I know there is salt in tuna and I did have some for lunch! Turkey was my breakfast. . I'm gonna go do a shot of CO. .did one this morning. . took my vitamins at lunch. .

Webb. . Welcome home! We missed you. how great that you were able to lose most of those pesky pounds. .

gotta run. I'll check in later . hugs to everyone. . Glad to see you Al. .I am not thinking about my stats at all. .
LOL me niether.....scale witch, I love her, I hate her

IM how ezzakly do you grill tilapia? The filets are so thin......

OMG GWN SIZE 8 enjoy your happiness and say bubye to the JLo butt!You so deserve this, you worked so hard!

Al, you'll get back down so easy our heads will spin.

I dunno about the CO y'all, I hate the flashes. I haven't noticed any loss so I quit after a week. Any time frame on when the bennies kick in? Did I not go long enough?
(that's what HE said........just kidding)

AWOL members, check in, check in! Kam, Yam, Christine, Lisa, Tay; where are you?

had one egg+2 whites, a 4 oz salmon filet, 1/2 c cottage cheese and 1/2 c greek yogurt today..........and I'm still hungry! Whazzzzup wit dat?

this vodka+diet tonic may help...
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:38 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is so quiet in here tonight. . . OK. .I'll go get my work done now. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 199/192/160 5'5.5"
Start Date: :::again::: December 26, 2013
I'm totally, constantly amazed at the appetite suppression of Stillman's...and coconut oil.

I've had two packs of tuna today...one for lunch and one for early supper...with the supper one I had a little olive oil mayo, mustard and sunflower seeds mixed in...Here it is almost 10 o'clock and I am not hungry at all...I'm just amazed...

I stayed at 185 for five days...then the next day I lost a pound and the next day (today) I lost a pound. It's interesting how it fluctuates...i know the scale is crazy and I know especially for a woman with hormones and all...I just gotta remember keep eating clean...and it will eventually come off.
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:57 AM   #100
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I had a lot going on. I'm enjoying a cup of coffee (coffee is a sacred drink and not to be taken away! ) and then off to the races! Yesterday was my first really clean eating day of the month! I didn't have to eat at a restaurant. I won't have another meeting for about 10 days and then after that not another one for a month. It is so much easier to eat at home!

Welcome back Swebb! What fun to travel with DD!

Gwen, you are doing so well. Congrats on your new size 8's!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:15 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Eating out unsettles me a little too...you never know about those hidden carbs! I think it's good to have a strategy for going out though...because it's a social thing...and sometimes required for jobs and things like that. Lately when I go out I get a plain grilled chicken sandwich and just eat the meat. OR if it's a more upscale place I get tilapia or steak.

That reminds me...I'm down to my last pack of tuna AND I'm out of Gorton's!! I must get to the grocery store today!!
Mim, I just finished my morning cupajava too! Good Stuff!!

I've been thinking lately -- would I be healthier if I gave up coffee? I usually only have one cup a day (a big cup) ... I'm off diet drinks for now...I've lost my taste for them.

It's strange how tastes change. When I started Stillman's....LF cottage cheese was my delight! I wanted to just eat that all the time...
Now, I haven't had that in weeks...it just doesn't appeal to me. I don't know what I'll do if I get tired of tuna and Gorton's. Maybe get some ground beef??

Ramblin' this morning...better get up and get ready for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I had a lot going on. I'm enjoying a cup of coffee (coffee is a sacred drink and not to be taken away! ) and then off to the races! Yesterday was my first really clean eating day of the month! I didn't have to eat at a restaurant. I won't have another meeting for about 10 days and then after that not another one for a month. It is so much easier to eat at home!

Welcome back Swebb! What fun to travel with DD!

Gwen, you are doing so well. Congrats on your new size 8's!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Welcome back, Swebb!! We missed you around here! Did you love Chicago? It's a city I have always wanted to visit but just haven't gotten around to it yet... Also, way to get right back on plan, amazing!!
Chicago was interesting - not my favorite city, but then I am not a "city" girl. I prefer NYC, Philly or London for big cities. Lake Michigan, the Architecture of the downtown buildings, the Irish neighborhoods (and pubs ) and the various parks were all very nice. The weather was great and there was every type of food imaginable.

If I had had more time I might have been able to enjoy it more.

The traffic was a nightmare!!! and I am from Atlanta where traffic is really bad
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:35 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
I just tyed a huge thing and lost it! ARgh

Bottom line here! I'VE BEEN TAKING PROGESTRONE CREAM MID CYCLE TO HELP WITH MY PMS AND LOW AND BEHOLD I FIND OUT AFTER 10 YRS. OF TAKING IT THAT I'VE ACTRUALLY CREATED OVARIAN CYSTS TAKING IT. OMG. AND TOO MUCH PROGESTRONE INDUCES WT. GAIN, MOOD SWINGS, DEPRESSION, WATER RETENTION AND MISSED PERIODS. I'v basically killed my body. Here I was thinking that my wt. gain was due to me incorp alcohol again and it was the stupid PROG which was taken in order to help me. OMG! I'm so mad!

BUT, HERE'S MY QUESTION. I NEED HELP! MY DR. WANTS ME TO TAKE A VERY LOW DOSE OF BIRTH CONRTOL PILLS IN ORDER TO TURN OFF THE CYSTS WHICH ARE PUMPING TONS OF HORMONES IN MY BODY CAUSING ME TO GAIN WT. RETAIN WATER, LOSE MY PERIOD, HAVE MOOD... You get my angst. here...

I'm just worried that I'll gain another 10 lbs. and will have to die! What should I do? DO any OF YOU LADIES TAKE A BIRTHCONTROL PILL AND STILL LOSE WT.? Oh, get this, the PROG Cream AIDED IN MY CANDIDA DRAMA AS WELL. IT BLOCKED THE ANTI CANDIDA WHITE BLOOD CELLS THAT STOPS THE GROWTH OF CANDIDA, HENCE MY STRUGGLE WITH THAT ONE TOO!

MY DR. gave me Diflucan, an Anti Fungus, and said my Candida would be gone in 7 days. PRAISE GOD!

This sucks. Well, at least I know what is wrong with me. The Pharmasist said it would take 2-3 weeks inorder for the Prog to clear my system, no wonder I was always bloated as this is when I would start taking the Pro Cr. and start the drama all over again. INSANITY!

Thanks for any advice you can give me on th BCPills.

Hugs,
B

Last edited by Beth Sch; 08-05-2010 at 07:37 AM..
Beth Sch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:41 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Down another 2 pounds this morning so I am almost back to "pre-vacation" weight

I had eaten almost pure Stillman's QWL for 4 months and the weight loss had really slowed down - maybe the carb vacation was what I needed to jump start another whoosh past the 200 mark

As for the coconut oil, I don't mind the "hot flashes" since I know this signals the fact that my metabolism is heating up. The CO does help add some extra calories that I just couldn't get in otherwise and it did seem to help with the dry skin and hair. I am going to continue taking it unless I see a BIG stall or a gain.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:46 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
How do I stop from cheating??? It's so bad!

Any snack ideas? I get hungry in between breakfast and lunch (there's like a 5 hour gap in between!) and then from lunch -dinner...
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

and can someone explain coconut oil to me? what is it used for?
Old 08-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post

Any snack ideas? I get hungry in between breakfast and lunch (there's like a 5 hour gap in between!) and then from lunch -dinner...
Squishy! You aren't eating enough if you are really, really hungry. . Here's a hint I picked up in one of my weight loss books.. Get yourself six lunch bags and put something "legal" in each one. .Packet of tuna and mustard.. boiled eggs, cottage cheese. . chicken breast. . - you get my drift. . select a bag for your first meal of the day. then select another one about every 2 hours. . That will get you through a 12 hour day and you never have to wait very long for another "snack".. Also, it keeps your blood sugar levels steady so you shouldn't be hungry. . Make sure you listen to your body and try to figure out why you are snacking. . is it stress (that's my biggie) . . anxiety. . try to find something else to do. . Drink hot tea. . coffee. . even warm water takes off the edge.. eat a little fat. . walk.. ..take a deep breath. . a very deep breath . hold and relax. . IDK. . just throwing that out there.. I also drink a diet pop if my snackiness gets the better of me! Loggin in and typing also helps

I guess the bottom line. .don't limit yourself to 3 meals.. just eat a little bit here and there and you will be a losers in no time. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 08-05-2010 at 04:11 PM..
Old 08-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Squishy! You aren't eating enough if you are really, really hungry. . Here's a hint I picked up in one of my weight loss books.. Get yourself six lunch bags and put something "legal" in each one. .Packet of tuna and mustard.. boiled eggs, cottage cheese. . chicken breast. . - you get my drift. . select a bag for your first meal of the day. then select another one about every 2 hours. . That will get you through a 12 hour day and you never have to wait very long for another "snack".. Also, it keeps your blood sugar levels steady so you shouldn't be hungry. . Make sure you listen to your body and try to figure out why you are snacking. . is it stress (that's my biggie) . . anxiety. . try to find something else to do. . Drink hot tea. . coffee. . even warm water takes off the edge.. eat a little fat. . walk.. ..take a deep breath. . a very deep breath . hold and relax. . IDK. . just throwing that out there.. I also drink a diet pop if my snackiness gets the better of me! Loggin in and typing also helps

I guess the bottom line. .don't limit yourself to 3 meals.. just eat a little bit here and there and you will be a losers in no time. .
Thanks for the advice! That's actually a really good idea. (The bags) I usually just eat my eggs in the morning, then bring my tuna or what not with me for lunch. I need to go food shopping for some more legal items!! I just got a lb of turkey but that will be gone in about a day or 2! lol

I also just got coconut oil, still unsure what it's for and what to do with it though, lol. Thanks again
Old 08-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

The CO i bought is very greasy and thick...did I buy the wrong type?
Old 08-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You CO is supposed to be UNREFINED ORGANIC VIRGIN COCONUT OIL. . with nothing else added. . I had a difficult time finding it here so I had to order mine on-line.. You may want to google it for the benefits I posted some a while back and will see i I can find it again. .
Old 08-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dustin. O dustin.. why are you avoiding us?

Gwn: How is my shrinking pal? You have done marvelous. . go. .go..go. .

I wonder if Lisa is closer to surgery or what? check in Lisa. . my friend..
Old 08-06-2010, 04:10 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

This is the most quiet this list has been while I've been a member! I hope everyone's eating clean...or at least maintaining...

My hubby grilled me the tastiest steak last night...it was huge!!! Since I've been on a tuna streak for the last four meals...nothing but tuna....cause I'm a little tired of eggs and I was out of Gorton's...That steak tasted heavenly!

Sorry if this is TMI, but I am not having BM's hardly at all...now...when I started the CO, I went every day...but it's really dwindled down to once or twice a week again...and not much at that. but I know my calories are way fewer than they used to be...STillmans said this would happen.

I may eat some lettuce this weekend to help things...

I hope everyone will report in soon!!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:51 AM   #113
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning!! Sorry but I have to be quick-

Ive been on plan and got through the amusement park yesterday!!! No fries or fried dough!! Woohoo!!! ( I even escaped the induction headaches and sleepiness a few days ago!!)

I did eat a lot before and after though..ground beef, 3 kabob chuncks, a grilled chicken, and 6 hb eggs!!

Changing stats from 128 to 123.

I love meat!!!

BBL
Old 08-06-2010, 04:55 AM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Sorry if this is TMI, but I am not having BM's hardly at all...now...when I started the CO, I went every day...but it's really dwindled down to once or twice a week again...and not much at that. but I know my calories are way fewer than they used to be...STillmans said this would happen.

I may eat some lettuce this weekend to help things...
I go once a week when Im on plan. I love saving $$ on TP!!! :blush:
Old 08-06-2010, 04:59 AM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Keep telling yourself that you can be at goal in a month or two no matter how much meat you eat! Every day you stay on plan, you will get closer to that goal. Keep eating meat. Make sure you eat enough. If you are not sure, jsut eat it anyway. Your appetite will eventually decrease and all cravings will be gone! You can do it!!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 05:30 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

When I first started Stillman's...I relied on things like A cup of coffee, a big diet coke, SF Jello, LF cottage cheese...to get me through the "I just gotta have something" moments.

THen my cravings just sort of dwindled away...

The Coconut oil helps in that it really suppresses my appetite...I started out at 1 TBS a day and sort of worked up to 4. It made me a little sick at my stomach a few times...so it may have been better to start out smaller and work up slower. I'm impatient...haha

Do a search and you'll see some of the many benefits it's supposed to have. It's a very healthy fat and I was concerned I wasn't getting good fats.

I've had to really change my view of food. I don't eat for pleasure...I eat for nourishment. That old saying rings true, "Eat to live, don't live to eat."

It is a sacrifice of sorts...you are giving up something that is huge in our society...but look at the health of our society. I read more and more about how bad sugar and refined carbs are for our health.

I can sit down at lunch with the faculty of our school and I can pull out my tuna pack...and water bottle...and enjoy the conversation...eat my food and feel strengthened and nourished...But I'm not going to eat the cupcakes, or the donuts...because although they taste mighty good going down...that pleasure will then be over and then the sluggish feeling comes...and it's wrecking havoc on the body.

And don't get me started on the power trip I feel to know I've overcome that insane cravings of carbs that really couldn't be satisfied! I was so out of control...there has to be something to all of that info on insulin, cravings and carbs.

I can't say I've arrived...I know I could slip easily...because I have slipped before...but right now...I feel really good where I am and hope I can basically eat this way for life. I do want to add more veggies eventually. I've never been much of a fruit eater.

Another rambling mood I'm in!!

Stick around SP! This is a great group and there are some veterans here who have battled and overcome everything you and I are going through!

Quote:

Old 08-06-2010, 05:43 AM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

Awesome post Becky and great advice!!! I love your rambling moments!!! I totally get you on the power-trip of being on plan!! It feels so good, I wish we could pin-point why on earth we would ever give in!!!

You are doing great!

Look how far shes come since June everyone!!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 06:49 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
and can someone explain coconut oil to me? what is it used for?
Squishy - I use CO to help control the "bad" bacteria in my system (Candida), help give me a few extra calories that I just can't get in otherwise, boost my metabolism, and help with the dry skin and hair.

If you do a search on this site you can find many discussions on the benefits and also some people who don't like it - you will just need to read and then decide for yourself.

I found that the CO helped get me out of my weight loss stalls quicker.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:50 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Good Morning!! Sorry but I have to be quick-

Ive been on plan and got through the amusement park yesterday!!! No fries or fried dough!! Woohoo!!! ( I even escaped the induction headaches and sleepiness a few days ago!!)

I did eat a lot before and after though..ground beef, 3 kabob chuncks, a grilled chicken, and 6 hb eggs!!

Changing stats from 128 to 123.

I love meat!!!

BBL
Al - look at you and your bad meat eating, weight losing self!!! Great job.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:01 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Stillman's friends!

I am down another pound this morning That brings me to 1 pound above Stats and a 9 pound loss since Monday (of this week!).

maybe bigbass was on to something with his "cupcake/carb" binges when he stalled.....hmmm..... (I am just kidding)

Yes, I did suffer through another induction phase this week - 3 days of headaches, overall tiredness and CRAVING bad stuff (thank goodness there wasn't anything here in the house to eat besides meat and veggies!!

I am finally back in ketosis and starting to get a little energy back. Yesterday was my 3rd day this week working out a Curves - taking a break today from "formal" exercise - I have 6 long haired doggies to bathe, blow-dry and trim nails...I think I will get enough of a workout doing this!!