Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 06:11 PM   #991
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWillMakeIt View Post
Anything, I definitely think that my pets watch over me. At least I would like to believe as much. The only thing I wonder is how my cats and hamsters get along in heaven. I'm not super religious, but for my sanity I have to believe that my animals go somewhere good after they die and that one day I'll see them again..
That's exactly what keeps me going...we will all meet on the shores of the Summerland.........keep that faith, girl!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2010, 06:17 PM   #992
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hi Everyone!! Hope all is well! No work this weekend so we're cramming in all the end of the summer, back to school activities! Went hiking yesterday, out to eat :blush:, and then smimming! Water was very cold..brrrrrrr...

Today will be a little shopping and amusement park! Just got emailed the local farm is already opening the pick your own apples. I may have to jump on the GT plan and have my apple a day!

Girlies..this is still tough for me. Just throwin it out there. I know what I need to do but for some reason, its just not happening...until tomorrow...

Gwn- Have a safe and wonderful trip! Im so glad you checked in. We will be thinking of you and cant wait to hear all about it when you get back!!!
Al, your history of great losses will most certainly repeat. No worries for you, okay? Enjoy the last days of summer with the babies...these are the precious times.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #993
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I was 199.8 this morning! Yes, I totally get that 1/5 of a pound is between me and the 200s, but I'm in the 100s!!! Thank you, Stillman! This would have taken me another two weeks to achieve the old way! I'm hooked!
Go girl you GO!!!!!!!!!!! I know the feeling......enjoy it, you worked hard for it!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:24 PM   #994
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
becky123; the same with me. One friend recently commented at church about my weight loss, but she was watching me cause she knew I was on this diet. The others, well, it will take another 10-15 lbs!

I was looking through catalogs of beautiful fall clothing... can hardly wait. Hope I hit goal by November!!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:37 PM   #995
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Check in: 2 HB eggs w mustard this am; 1 HB lunch; (2) 4 oz turkey patties with mustard for dinner. Working on the water!! I will take a walk on the beach this evening for an hour.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #996
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Wild! You are making me want to do this even more .. I'm feeling better. . thank you for logging in and sharing your excitement. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:41 AM   #997
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OK. You, me, al. GT. . We can't let Gwn down. . we gotta do this and we gotta do it "real good". . We have 6 weeks to kick it into overdrive and move it. . Are you guys in? Please say yes. . I need your support really really bad right not.
Im here and ready to get the job done!! We can do this!!! I made it back into the 120's after one day!! Im begging to be into the teens by next week! High hopes yes, but positve thinking and the support of my buds will make it happen!! Woohoo! Im not tired. Im not cranky, and I discovered the yummy taste of jamican jerk seasoning! (thanks sharon!) I love finding something new stuff to eat!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:43 AM   #998
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Al, your history of great losses will most certainly repeat. No worries for you, okay? Enjoy the last days of summer with the babies...these are the precious times.
Thanks CC!! I love that a got a head start on september! If I keep it up..ummm when I keep it up, I'll be at goal by October!!! I am ready to get this over with!!!!

How bout you girls?? and guy??
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:45 AM   #999
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
There was actually a "tinge" of cool air this morning here is the south The humidity is a lot less as well ...... I can't WAIT for Fall to arrive!

Maybe because it was cooler this morning or maybe because I could actually slip into a smaller size yesterday - but whatever the reason, I actually FEEL thinner today

When I started Stillman's, in my mind I KNEW this was going to be a long journey....but to be perfectly honest, I was HOPING that the weight would just fall off quickly.

There are days that I feel like giving up - maybe it was the summer heat and humidity combined with the see-saw of the scale - but every time I logged on here and saw both the honesty of the struggles and the excitement of the losses, YOU ALL kept me going.

Please don't give up now - stay and let's help each other on this journey.

You are ALL my SIS's (Sisters in Stillman's)
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:00 AM   #1000
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Thanks everyone for the helpful and encouraging comments.

Yesterday was DH's birthday. So, after my post I took a shower, got all cuted up and went to the store.

I cooked his favorite dinner, beef stroganoff (used whole wheat egg noodles) and ate it with him with a bottle of wine. Made him chocolate chip birthday cookies.

We had fun skyping with all our kids and grandkids. We will all be together this weekend for a big BBQ bash and more birthday celebrating.

This morning the scale was up 3 pounds but I don't care today. At least I know it's not stuck with mechanical failure or something. lol! I'm sure it's water weight from the salt in last night's dinner. Oh, and I had a piece of sour dough bread, too.

So today it feels better to have just taken a day off to enjoy hubby and forget about my weight. Now I'm ready to dig back in. Decided what to do:

Gonna switch from Atkins back to Stillman's. Maybe my body just can't handle the fat. I'm not gonna quit!!! That's for sure!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:38 AM   #1001
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/166/160 5'5"
I think that's one of the beauties of Stillman's...you don't have to do it ALL the time...but when you feel yourself gaining...you just jump right back on...

I'm glad you were able to share that special time with your DH, Yam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Thanks everyone for the helpful and encouraging comments.

Yesterday was DH's birthday. So, after my post I took a shower, got all cuted up and went to the store.

I cooked his favorite dinner, beef stroganoff (used whole wheat egg noodles) and ate it with him with a bottle of wine. Made him chocolate chip birthday cookies.

We had fun skyping with all our kids and grandkids. We will all be together this weekend for a big BBQ bash and more birthday celebrating.

This morning the scale was up 3 pounds but I don't care today. At least I know it's not stuck with mechanical failure or something. lol! I'm sure it's water weight from the salt in last night's dinner. Oh, and I had a piece of sour dough bread, too.

So today it feels better to have just taken a day off to enjoy hubby and forget about my weight. Now I'm ready to dig back in. Decided what to do:

Gonna switch from Atkins back to Stillman's. Maybe my body just can't handle the fat. I'm not gonna quit!!! That's for sure!!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:40 AM   #1002
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeepot
Start Date: Sept.2014
I think I've taken enough days off as well. I am going to try to get in Ketosis and then stay close to Stillman's. I'm sorry for the whine last week (and for all the wine I drank...). I just need to accept that losing weight is very difficult for me and buckle down to do the job. This getting older and I guess menopause makes it sooo hard. What worked two years ago just doesn't work now. I must trust Dr. Stillman when he says his diet "always" works except in very rare circumstances.

I also have a couple of challenges involving family this week--birthday parties and visits to see a new grandson. Lots of celebrating. I need to keep my eye on the goal!

Just 2 days ago, I was ready to stop dieting. I would have continued a low carb/high fat diet with wine...I was just tired of obsessing, counting, measuring. Five years ago I was dx with cancer. After all the treatments, I did a Stillman type diet and lost weight down to 115 or so. I started adding coconut oil, eating higher fats and I continued to lose, but generally I kept my calories around 1000. It just isn't working this time. So I am going to try doing just what Stillman says. Now I am healthy (praise God) but because of feeling that life is precious and should be enjoyed, I sometimes want to celebrate...I'm good at celebrating. But today I've decided that yes, life is precious, but I want to live it thinner than I am. I want to be at a healthy weight. I want to forget about all the self-consciousness I feel. Life's too short to feel that way, and I'm only fooling myself if I think being overweight doesn't bother me. Forgive the long digression, but please feel free to offer me advice. I think I get so cocky because I've done it before. But each time is life the first, and I've developed so many bad habits.
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:48 AM   #1003
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
Hey Ladies!

Well! I just figured out what the hecks been going on with me. I posted on the Main board a post to Fawn! Fawn Help Me, I think is what I titled it. Go ck it out. There's some interesting posts there.

I have PCOS, which comes with Insulin Resistance. It's this huge explanation but, I know now what was the problem. Praise GOd!

I wanted to let you all know as maybe you might have IR and not know it. I have to take Metformin ER to get my Insulin/glucose mechanism to work properly. I'm excited about the progected 20 lbs. wt. loss in 3 mo. The way I LC, maybe the wt. will just fly off now. GOD! I hope so.

No wonder I had to eat sooooo strickly inorder to lose!

Hugs,
b
Old 08-31-2010, 04:08 PM   #1004
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hello. My name is Al and I'll be starting Stillmans today!!!! Had a grilled chicken breast w/ s&p...lots of coffee and crystal light...I WILL MAKE IT THROUGH TODAY!!! I HAVE TO!!

Already went to the park and sweat off a few pounds..headed to the library and then we'll cool off in the pool! Gonna do a 10 minute whirlpool! Woohoo exercise! Plus it get all the leaves to the middle so I can scoop em up and not have to hook up the vaccuum!!

I can't believe the kids are starting school already. We have orientation tomorrow and I gained almost 20 pounds since the last time everyone saw me! Hopefully no one will notice..

and I have to complain just a teeny bit...hubby likes the extra pounds but i feel awful. Its so tough to be on plan when hes telling me to eat junk and bringing home wendys.. ugh...

but I think its all out of my system now...being on plan is having control and looking and feeling great! Thats where i NEED TO BE!!!
Go you! DH's are like that-they love you in any shape. Be glad he's not critical of size, men like that are horrible!

We love you too, Al, but we know you're happier in a thinner skin so let's do it!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:16 PM   #1005
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_teapot View Post
Just 2 days ago, I was ready to stop dieting. I would have continued a low carb/high fat diet with wine...I was just tired of obsessing, counting, measuring. Five years ago I was dx with cancer. After all the treatments, I did a Stillman type diet and lost weight down to 115 or so. I started adding coconut oil, eating higher fats and I continued to lose, but generally I kept my calories around 1000. It just isn't working this time. So I am going to try doing just what Stillman says. Now I am healthy (praise God) but because of feeling that life is precious and should be enjoyed, I sometimes want to celebrate...I'm good at celebrating. But today I've decided that yes, life is precious, but I want to live it thinner than I am. I want to be at a healthy weight. I want to forget about all the self-consciousness I feel. Life's too short to feel that way, and I'm only fooling myself if I think being overweight doesn't bother me. Forgive the long digression, but please feel free to offer me advice. I think I get so cocky because I've done it before. But each time is life the first, and I've developed so many bad habits.
Red, cancer changes you forever. Carpe diem, carpe vita........life is precious, realizing yours is too can be missed by so many who put others first as every woman does. Realize there was a purpose for keeping you here.
Do it for all the good reasons you have. And for all the people who love you. We, and they, want you hangin' around for a good long time.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:31 PM   #1006
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, Mom has landed in Miami after twelve days here in the beautiful Adirondack Park. Last week was lows in the low 40's with rain so she spent last week getting over a cold and today we hit 89, hot and humid. But we had fun just hanging out, puttering in the garden and shopping with a few garage sales thrown in.
So I haven't been posting as much-that may have been a GOOD thing and I haven't been pure Still's. But I was light on the veggies and tried not to have too many almonds. They're good but the salt-the bloat will be with me the rest of the week, I just know it. It's okay, I know by mow I will stall, bloat, then take my to pounds and pass go once again.

So we have lots of news to catch up on-here goes...

"Estrogen not associated with lung cancer incidence and mortality
among postmenopausal women" (Eurekalert [American Association for the
Advancement of Science], Aug. 13, 2010).
Estrogen not associated with lung cancer incidence and mortality among postmenopausal women

Nationwide Milk Allergen Recall of Kroger "Meals Made Simple Shrimp Linguini"
Mon, 16 Aug 2010 17:02:00 -0500

Kroger (product distributor) and Contessa Premium Foods, Inc. (product manufacturer) are recalling 24 ounce bags of Kroger brand Meals Made Simple Shrimp Linguini, because it may contain undeclared milk product. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk products run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.

"Antidepressant Use Can Help Treat Major Depression During
Perimenopause and Menopause, VCU Study Shows" (Virginia Commonwealth
University news release via Eurekalert [American Association for the
Advancement of Science], Aug. 16, 2010).
Antidepressant Use Can Help Treat Major Depression During Perimenopause and Menopause, VCU Study Shows – VCU News Center

Personally, I prefer Vodka........

"Scientists successfully use human induced pluripotent stem cells to
treat Parkinson's in rodents" (Eurekalert [American Association for the
Advancement of Science], Aug. 16, 2010).
Scientists successfully use human induced pluripotent stem cells to treat Parkinson's in rodents

"It's a good thing." -Martha Stewart

Elie Baking Corp issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Soy in Food City brand Low-Carb Tortilla White and Whole Wheat 10 count
Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:01:00 -0500

Elie Baking Corp. dba Near East Baking Corporation, 204 N Montello St,, Brockton, Massachusetts is recalling the following: Food City brand, Low Carb Tortilla White, 13.5 oz, 10 count. UPC 0 87848 42002 0 Food City brand, Low Carb Tortilla Whole Wheat, 13.5 oz.10 count. UPC 0 87848 42003 0 MFG Date 07/21/10 & MFG Date 07/22/10 stamped on the top left of the bag.

"Link Between Diabetes, Alzheimer's Disease Strengthened," by Serena Gordon
(HealthDay via _Yahoo_, August 26, 2010).
Link Between Diabetes, Alzheimer's Disease Strengthened - Yahoo! News

"Atheist doctors 'more likely to hasten death'," by Sarah Boseley
(_Guardian_ [London], August 26, 2010).
Atheist doctors 'more likely to hasten death' | Society | The Guardian

yikes....who asks the doc if they believe in God? After a pap smear I do.....

Pennsylvania Firm Recalls Ground Beef Products Due to Possible E. coli O26 Contamination
Sat, 28 Aug 2010 00:11:23 -0500

Cargill Meat Solutions Corp., a Wyalusing, Pa. establishment, is recalling approximately 8,500 pounds of ground beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O26, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.

Gwn......run....to Spain!

Queseria Chipilo Recalls Cheese Products Because of Possible Health Risk
Fri, 27 Aug 2010 20:50:00 -0500

Queseria Chipilo , Passaic, NJ is announcing to recall of the following cheese products, all date codes up to and including Sept. 26, 2010 Fresco and Nov. 25,2010 Oaxaca.Oaxaca String Cheese Queso Fresco . Queso Fresco. Hoja De Plátano

"More evidence hormone therapy can muddy mammograms," by Amy Norton
(Reuters Health, Aug. 31, 2010).
Reuters Health Information (2010-08-31): More evidence hormone therapy can muddy mammograms
Old 08-31-2010, 05:43 PM   #1007
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hit Macy's on the way home from the airport...check 'em, girls...

Old 08-31-2010, 06:28 PM   #1008
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

from other boards-

Veni, Vidi, Velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck!

Save the Earth - it's the only planet with chocolate!

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:28 AM   #1009
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
I was 199.8 this morning! Yes, I totally get that 1/5 of a pound is between me and the 200s, but I'm in the 100s!!! Thank you, Stillman! This would have taken me another two weeks to achieve the old way! I'm hooked!
Well done! So pleased for ya!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:46 AM   #1010
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hello Girls. Well, my weight is now the same as my stats but I have been stuck there for two days...I feel much slimmer though...I wore a top that was snug around my tummy yesterday... and I have to tell you, my tummy is almost flat. I always lose weight from the top half first...I'll have a tiny waist with a pair of thunder thighs, lol. Anyway, I hope the scale drops for me soon. I know it's only a couple of days but the good man did say a pound a day and I want to lose a pound a day! Hope everyone is sticking to plan. Have a good day. Oh, just realised, it's September already...are we starting a new thread? What name was decided?

Last edited by makemeslim; 09-01-2010 at 01:48 AM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:44 AM   #1011
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps!!
Gwn I hope you have an amazing time om your travels!!!
Im2-I love love love the avi!!!
Al, you're the Queen of the whoosh!!
Everyone else Hi!!
Going to see if Im2 has started the September thread--you're so good!!

Bye bye August!! Weight-wise it wasn't that great to me-gained on vacation, then dropped it-kinda maintaining now!!! (but ate lots!)But personally it was a great month!! Had a great holiday and now I'm at home for a while!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #1012
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Check out the shrinking losers in the September Thread. . . let's leave the old us behind and start new! September is where its at!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote