Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #961
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Good afternoon folks. Can't check in as much as I am house sitting with no computer available. The mention of dissing the kelp tablets may be good advice. (I just took 6 this morning uh oh.) I do this to strengthen the thyroid, but technically, it is a sea vegetable. I eat no other veggies at all. I will be going to an endo on Sept 23rd. Can hardly wait, though it will be expensive.

Todays eats; 1 hard boiled egg with mustard (by the way I dissed the Stevia because it has a sugar alcohol put in it by the manufacturer, and this may affect weight loss I think) Yesterday I went back to saccharrin, and did better on my weight (lost .8 of a lb)
1 4 oz turkey pattie with mustard. Almost done with 1 jug of water.
I am going to post my vitamins in next post for comments.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #962
Senior LCF Member

Remember I am post menopause so I am watching my blood pressure and blood sugar too. Please commnet
1. 2 thyroid helper (herbal)
2. 2 banaba leaf pills (blood sugar regulation)
3.6 Kelp uh oh
4.1 CitriMax
5. 200 mg Selenium (thyroid)
6.zinc 30-60 usually 30
7 Vitamin D prescription
8. 1 Hydorchloric Acid tab (I don't make enough for digestion myself)
9. 2 Flaxseed oil tabs for high blood pressure
10. 1 TBSP ground sea shells (Diamatreous Earh) for B/p, B/S and stamina (no carbs)
11. 1 or 2 Banaba leaf or Bitter melon tablets before bed to keep blood sugar regulated
Old 08-28-2010, 12:54 PM   #963
Senior LCF Member

IWILLMAKEIT: Your pets would want to see you have courage and self care during this time. I believe the spirit of pets do linger for some time. How about having a journal memorial just for them, or purchase a small token in their memory? A lot of people do not understand the bond between the pet and their master. Let us continue to support you through this.

Soda fountain; Yes, sometimes the sugar type gets crossed into the diet.

Tuna; If your body craves it, eat it. Yes it is a lot on the kidney. Thats another reason for lots of water. There must be something that your body needs in that fish! Stillman I believe says you can have 10oz of meat a day. (as referenced from lo cal friends site on stillmans plan.)
Old 08-28-2010, 03:36 PM   #964
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: IWillMakeIt
Thanks for the idea, Anything. I really like it. I think I might look into a charm bracelet for my pets. I hate feeling like my pets might be thinking that I've forgotten about them now that they're gone. You might want to take a list of your prescriptions and supplements to your pharmacist for some advice. Pharmacists, more than doctors, have extensive training and experience in how supplements and medications work together. All your doctor is likely able to tell you is that they won't kill you. LOL Doctors are great for diagnosing illness, but they're not the best when it comes to knowing about all of the supplements out there.

So far, today's been going alright. I had scrambled eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast. The turkey bacon had 0 carbs and was extra lean, so I figured it'd be alright. I had a string cheese for lunch. Nutritionally, it's the same as cottage cheese, so I'd venture to guess it's alright. If I don't lose well, I'll go strictly off of what the book says and slowly add in the "extras" to see what's causing the stall. For now, though, I think that if I couldn't have the "extras" there's no way I could stick to the plan, so at least I'm eating practically 0 carb. I think the only carbs I've had today were from the eggs, which I think have 1.5 carbs a piece.

Last edited by IWillMakeIt; 08-28-2010 at 03:42 PM..
IWillMakeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:57 PM   #965
Senior LCF Member

Iwillmakeit: Thank you for the advice regarding the pharmacist. Stillman does allow eggs, carbs and all, but if you want to be strict about it, only three per day is what is on the menu circa 1968/1972. I believe your pets are looking down on you. My mom lost her cat, and about a month later, she felt her jump on the bed with her and felt her presence. And my mom is the most non-weird person you could ever meet!! A charm or what have you, will help them with the closure as well.

I posted this last week about getting my pyramid of paperwork done! Well, as of tonight it is organized into subject piles. Now I just have to go through each pile and organize that and deal with old bills, new bills and what have you. I feel so much better, but I know that I also have 2009 taxes to get in by Oct 15th and that is going to take some time to sort through, and files of business paperwork! But at least they are in order ready to get organized once and for all! It is more work than grunt work like gardening... I hate paperwork! So no exercise to speak of except walking the dogs this morning. Uhg. But I am going to use the infared sauna when I get to the house that I am housesitting at!!! I feel good about getting it done! Hadn't gone through stuff since 2008!! Was working 18 hours a day six or seven days a week! Sooo not worth it. Especially when you are on salary and not hourly wages! Thats over thank God! : ) LOL

Beth; you go girl! I am happy for your two plus pound weight loss. God, Can I be next please? LOL
Old 08-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #966
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hi Friends
I've missed you all! This is just a quick check in before I head out... I am sorry to say I cannot catch up on the posts but I hope you are all doing well, I see lots of people seem to have found their way back! I leave for Europe tomorrow... In a matter of hours really. I have been off Stillman's for about 10 days now... Still trying to stay pretty low carb but I've sampled some things... I bounced up to 162 but seem to be sitting steady at 158-159 for a week now. I am okay with this. I am hoping to gain no more than 10lbs while I'm away for 6 weeks... So please please please I do not want to come back in the 170s!!!! I need to get right back on low carb as soon as I return too!!!

I have missed you all but my days have been so incredibly busy and so much time has been spent finishing my research, booking hostels, etc etc. I have thought about you all and hope you're all doing well on your journeys! I will see you lovely ladies in 6 weeks!!! Be good!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:39 PM   #967
Junior LCF Member

GwnStfni, how exciting that you're traveling to Europe! Have a great time!

Anything, I definitely think that my pets watch over me. At least I would like to believe as much. The only thing I wonder is how my cats and hamsters get along in heaven. I'm not super religious, but for my sanity I have to believe that my animals go somewhere good after they die and that one day I'll see them again.

I ended today with a skinless all beef hotdog and 3 more string cheeses. I was craving cheese, so I wonder if my body needed the calcium. I just ran out of my calcium supplements, so that could be it.

I think I need to focus on eating chicken, tuna and turkey. My fat content was very high today (59g and 72% of what I ate) and my protein was fairly low (48g and 26% of what I ate). Carbs were obviously low, though (4g, 2%) so maybe it's alright. I guess we'll see what the scale says.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:09 AM   #968
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi Everyone!! Hope all is well! No work this weekend so we're cramming in all the end of the summer, back to school activities! Went hiking yesterday, out to eat :blush:, and then smimming! Water was very cold..brrrrrrr...

Today will be a little shopping and amusement park! Just got emailed the local farm is already opening the pick your own apples. I may have to jump on the GT plan and have my apple a day!

Girlies..this is still tough for me. Just throwin it out there. I know what I need to do but for some reason, its just not happening...until tomorrow...

Gwn- Have a safe and wonderful trip! Im so glad you checked in. We will be thinking of you and cant wait to hear all about it when you get back!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:17 AM   #969
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
GWN: So great to see your post! I can hear the excitement in your voice. Don't worry. You will be walking a lot. People in Europe walk waaaaaaay more than we do in America. That will help a ton. Then when you get back you can knuckle in and get back to the serious LC. You simply cannot go over there and not enjoy the food! You will do great. Enjoy!

Peeps: I usually don't get a chance to check in on weekends, but here I am. Yay!

Friday night was an absolute blast. The live band was great. They have a website, but I have not checked it out yet. Crystalimage.com

I was pleasantly surprised at the buffet! Lots of stuff I could eat! They had real turkey! So, I ate turkey breast, romaine lettuce, sour cream, avacodo and cheese. I had two glasses of cab. and couldn't believe how tipsy it made me! Seriously, I have not had a glass of wine in soooooo long. I sipped it slowly all evening, but still got a buzz. lol. I really slept well!

Saturday DH and I headed for historic Jamestown and rode the steam train for the first time. Pretty cool. Steam engine #3 is the one that was used in Back to the Future Three. I did not realize how many movies and tv shows were filmed in Jamestown and used the trains and everything there. Very fun and the side benefit was we did lots of walking.

Then DH wanted to see a movie. Of course, he HAD to get hot buttered popcorn. I had eaten eggs for brunch and was not hungry at all. Was not tempted either, but just out of habit I munched on some. He kept saying it was the best popcorn he's ever tasted so, of course, I had to indulge. I probably ate two or maybe three cups. Hard to measure in a dark theater and when you are sharing.

Anyway, I did not really regret it. It was the weekend. I had been perfect for almost 4 days. We were having fun and this is real life, right? Not gonna beat myself up.

Found a store close to the theater and I went in and got some whey isolate. Now I feel better about my protein shakes.

This morning I made one with half cup chopped cucumber, green tea, one scoop protein, one tbls psyllium, one tblsp olive oil, 3 tblsp ACV and half tsp cinnamon. Now I'm full and happy and back on track.

One little cheat on a Saturday afternoon is not gonna knock me off my game!

Feel like I'm in the experimental stage of what will work for me with Atkins/Stillman at the core of my WOE.

What I did find interesting is that the popcorn did not trigger a carb fest!! I seriously thought it would!! I think my body is really happy with all the protein and good fats it's getting and this is a period of adjustment.

Best of all the scale did not go up. Maybe it would have finally gone down without the popcorn and salt, but who knows? I'm gonna hang in there and stick to my plan and just hope for an eventual whoosh.

This week I plan on adding in some exercise. I've been putting that off but now I'm ready. Also feel like orgnizing my closets and editing out bunches of junk.

I want to get rid of weight in my body and in my house and in my brain. ha!

Hope everyone else is doing great. I'm gonna go back and read all the posts I missed from yesterday and today and do a little page hogging to catch up!!

Love you guys!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #970
Junior LCF Member

I was 199.8 this morning! Yes, I totally get that 1/5 of a pound is between me and the 200s, but I'm in the 100s!!! Thank you, Stillman! This would have taken me another two weeks to achieve the old way! I'm hooked!
Old 08-29-2010, 12:15 PM   #971
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
GWN! Wahhh,. ,.its gonna be a long six weeks without you. . but this is an opportunity of a lifetime. Do not deprive yourself of too much. . Life is to be lived! Enjoy it and catch up when you get back . We shall all be smaller. . I guarantee it. . and you shall be slim and tight. . you will definately get a lot of exercise .I know you won't sit still! Thank you for checking in. .
IM2fat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:09 PM   #972
Senior LCF Member

GWN: Have a great time on your trip. You will know what to eat instinctfully. Trust yourself.And enjoy!

I lost about .4 lbs and thats okay, the scale is showing another number down, so I will take it!! Today at church someone came up and noticed I lost weight! Felt good! I am appx 1/3 of the way finished... well we are never finished, but to goal.

Yam Yam: I feel so much better now that I am half way through my cleaning and organizing. The rest will be easy, and I am motivated. And I do feel physically, spiritually and emotionally lighter and "in control" (which is an illusion I will accept right now LOL) So you go girl on that clutter thing!

My blood pressure and blood sugar are in perfect range, and I lost about 1-3 lbs this week!! Thank you Jesus!!
Old 08-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #973
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWillMakeIt View Post
I was 199.8 this morning! Yes, I totally get that 1/5 of a pound is between me and the 200s, but I'm in the 100s!!! Thank you, Stillman! This would have taken me another two weeks to achieve the old way! I'm hooked!
IWillMakeIt: Woooooooo-Hooooooooo!!!Being in the ONEderland zone is a huge deal!!! I'm so proud of you and so happy for you!!! That's amazing!!!
Old 08-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #974
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Guys/Gals. . having a day, I am. I realize when I don't check in = trouble!! I'm promise to be on my game from this point forward. . I hate the way those nasty, stinky. .smelly carbs make me feel. . . and we are not talking the good ones (fruit, nuts or veggies. .) we are talking the nasty . .creamy, sugary .. ucky ones. . ugg. and ugg. . . But in my defense,. I was wrapping up the summer (thanks for the excuse, Al). .the way it should be wrapped up. . back to serious business in the morning. . I'm back to work and I wanna feel great . . and I will. . .

have a great night everyone. . I've gotta get my table cleaned off NOW
Old 08-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #975
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Yam Yam: I feel so much better now that I am half way through my cleaning and organizing. The rest will be easy, and I am motivated. And I do feel physically, spiritually and emotionally lighter and "in control" (which is an illusion I will accept right now LOL) So you go girl on that clutter thing!

My blood pressure and blood sugar are in perfect range, and I lost about 1-3 lbs this week!! Thank you Jesus!!
AWD: Congrats on the losses this week! Happy, happy dance!!! Good job on keeping the BP and BS in check as well. That will keep you going.

I followed through and cleaned out half my walk-in closet!! Took about 2 hours and it was DH's half. (His is always waaaaaaaaay messier than mine. I kinda keep mine up as I go and there's not much to do there.) What a relief! Now if I can just help him to keep it that way.

I know what you mean about feeling lighter and in control. I'm feelin' that too.

For dinner I'm making stuffed green peppers. For DH I'll add in tomatoes and tomato sauce. For me it'll be just half cooked green pepper stuffed w/ ground turkey, seasoned, topped w/ a bit of mozerella and parm. cheese.

Today I've had my protein shake, one scrambled egg, a slice of swiss cheese and lots of green tea and ice water. Not feeling hungry in the least but dinner will be a nice way to end the day with some good, lean protein.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #976
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Guys/Gals. . having a day, I am. I realize when I don't check in = trouble!! I'm promise to be on my game from this point forward. . I hate the way those nasty, stinky. .smelly carbs make me feel. . . and we are not talking the good ones (fruit, nuts or veggies. .) we are talking the nasty . .creamy, sugary .. ucky ones. . ugg. and ugg. . . But in my defense,. I was wrapping up the summer (thanks for the excuse, Al). .the way it should be wrapped up. . back to serious business in the morning. . I'm back to work and I wanna feel great . . and I will. . .

have a great night everyone. . I've gotta get my table cleaned off NOW
IM2: We know how the carbs will make us feel and we do it anyway sometimes, huh? lol. It's a good reminder and a kick in the rear to get going in the right direction. I can't believe how much better I feel than I did a week ago after climbing out of the carb pit. You have a great attitude and a great perspective! Love it!!
Old 08-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #977
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
Hey Ladies and Dy!

Good news. I'm losing. Down another l.2 today. PRAISE GOD! I went back over my food journals from last Sept and noticed that I didn't lose wt. the entire time I was taking Progestrone. So, for 2 weeks sometimes 3 weeks out of the mo. I wasn't losing wt. WONDERFUL!

I'm kinda doing Still/Atkin's. Kinda like Gwenn was doing. I'm having skinless ckn breasts and extra lean ground beef with 1.5-2 oz. of cheese a day. Oh, and egg whites. It's doing the trick so what aint broke...

Yam Yam. I'm heart broken over your Meno situation. With what I've been through, I can feel your heart breaking. DOesn't it suck that we have to suffer like this. It's one thing to be fat due to eating ice cream and pizza but a total nightmare to gain when you're just living in the FEMALE BODY! Argh.

Gonna have a chat with God when I see him... He's got some splainin' to do

So, I'm 147.2 today. If I can lose 2.5-3lbs a week, I'll be at goal around Halloween. Let's hope. 125 here I come

one last thing. Dr. A. says NOT to take duiretics. He said they interfere with wt. loss. It's in DANDR. SOmething to look into. Maybe you could take the natural durietics that arn't too harsh. You can get em at Whole Foods. I've used them and they didn't stop me from losing wt. JAT.

Hugs,
Beth
Beth: Wooooo-Hooooo!! Congrats on being such a great loser!!!

Oh!!! on that chat w/ God. I hear 'ya Sista'!! I know Atkins says not to take diuretics. He says that in the '72 book (that's the only one I've read). But, I need to find out what the alternatives are or if it's even safe to just stop taking the hydrachlorithorizine. (have no idea if I'm spelling or saying that right!!)

As I said before, I don't want to run to drs. just for that because it would be tooooooo expensive. My annual check up will be in December. I'm just gonna hang in 'til then unless my BP gets really low or I don't feel good or something.

In one of the chapters Dr. A. explains his reasoning. He says his diet is a natural diuretic and if you also take one you might get too low on potassium or calcuim. I take a mega women's vitamin every day, I take extra calcium and I can always tell if I'm low on potassium because I will feel light headed. In that case potassium tablets work great. I drink tons of water and other fluids. So, don't I have it pretty much covered? Nothing to worry about, right?

My doc says that in general, if people look healthy and feel healthy they ARE healthy. Glowing skin, lots of energy, feeling happy, sleeping well...all those things are signs of good health. As well as good BP, etc.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #978
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I feel like throwing in the towel and binging.

I know it seems minor to a lot of people, but all of my pets are very important to me. Mark, my hamster, was doing well until about 6 months ago. I noticed a small red tumor on his chest and took him to the vet. The vet said it appeared to be a cancerous cyst and that while operating was possible, it was incredibly risky since he was a small dwarf hamster. Mark was moving around just fine, even as his tumor grew. He was fine this morning, but he died sometime today. I have no idea what happened. I know that he had a long life -- he lived nearly 3 years -- but it's still very sad for me.

I'm not normally a big fan of little creatures because they tend to have such short life expectancies, but I took Mark (and his brother Jeff, who is still alive and doing well) from a former coworker of mine. He got two hamsters for his kids who bred. My coworker didn't want a bunch of hamsters, so he started giving them away. He was unable to find a home for Mark and Jeff, so I took them because he was planning on letting them loose in the park otherwise. I figured my home was better than a hawk's stomach.

I'm sorry for being so dramatic. Two of my cats recently passed away within the last year. Another death in my furry family wasn't expected, and it makes me very sad.

I'm definitely an emotional eater. All I want to do right now is eat carbs. I won't, but I really, really want to.
So sorry about Mark and your kitties, too. It's so hard to lose a pet 'cos we love 'em so much. Be kind to yourself and good to yourself, K??
Old 08-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #979
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hi Everyone!! Hope all is well! No work this weekend so we're cramming in all the end of the summer, back to school activities! Went hiking yesterday, out to eat :blush:, and then smimming! Water was very cold..brrrrrrr...

Today will be a little shopping and amusement park! Just got emailed the local farm is already opening the pick your own apples. I may have to jump on the GT plan and have my apple a day!

Girlies..this is still tough for me. Just throwin it out there. I know what I need to do but for some reason, its just not happening...until tomorrow...

AL: Sounds like a lot of great activity! Burnin' up those calories!! I hear ya! We know what to do inside and out! Sometimes we just don't want to do it!! Tomorrow's a good day to start. Kids back in school; new beginning for you. You always get the mo-jo back! You will this time too! you will!!!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #980
Blabbermouth!!!

All done. Told 'ya I was gonna page hog 'til I got caught up. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:21 AM   #981
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
5' 4" isn't all it's cracked up to be either. . pants too long. especially for fat people. .there aint no petite in fat!
too funny tiny one!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:39 AM   #982
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I feel like throwing in the towel and binging.

I know it seems minor to a lot of people, but all of my pets are very important to me. Mark, my hamster, was doing well until about 6 months ago. I noticed a small red tumor on his chest and took him to the vet. The vet said it appeared to be a cancerous cyst and that while operating was possible, it was incredibly risky since he was a small dwarf hamster. Mark was moving around just fine, even as his tumor grew. He was fine this morning, but he died sometime today. I have no idea what happened. I know that he had a long life -- he lived nearly 3 years -- but it's still very sad for me.

I'm not normally a big fan of little creatures because they tend to have such short life expectancies, but I took Mark (and his brother Jeff, who is still alive and doing well) from a former coworker of mine. He got two hamsters for his kids who bred. My coworker didn't want a bunch of hamsters, so he started giving them away. He was unable to find a home for Mark and Jeff, so I took them because he was planning on letting them loose in the park otherwise. I figured my home was better than a hawk's stomach.

I'm sorry for being so dramatic. Two of my cats recently passed away within the last year. Another death in my furry family wasn't expected, and it makes me very sad.

I'm definitely an emotional eater. All I want to do right now is eat carbs. I won't, but I really, really want to.
Welcome, girl-so sorry for your loss. We had four deaths this year in our cat spa and two gone missing....it's heartbreaking, I know.
Would you trade the love you had and the pain of loss for never having known their love and no loss? Me, never.........
Old 08-30-2010, 08:11 AM   #983
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Another weekend survived on LC Now off to the grocery store to stock up for the week.

The "no scale" thing is really causing me some anxiety - I guess I really was addicted

Is anyone else finding that they are bruising more easily on LC? I helped DH clean out a portion of our storage unit yesterday and woke up this morning to several bruises - just from moving boxes
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:03 AM   #984
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hello. My name is Al and I'll be starting Stillmans today!!!! Had a grilled chicken breast w/ s&p...lots of coffee and crystal light...I WILL MAKE IT THROUGH TODAY!!! I HAVE TO!!

Already went to the park and sweat off a few pounds..headed to the library and then we'll cool off in the pool! Gonna do a 10 minute whirlpool! Woohoo exercise! Plus it get all the leaves to the middle so I can scoop em up and not have to hook up the vaccuum!!

I can't believe the kids are starting school already. We have orientation tomorrow and I gained almost 20 pounds since the last time everyone saw me! Hopefully no one will notice..

and I have to complain just a teeny bit...hubby likes the extra pounds but i feel awful. Its so tough to be on plan when hes telling me to eat junk and bringing home wendys.. ugh...

but I think its all out of my system now...being on plan is having control and looking and feeling great! Thats where i NEED TO BE!!!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 08-30-2010 at 09:05 AM..
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #985
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hello. My name is Al and I'll be starting Stillmans today!!!! Had a grilled chicken breast w/ s&p...lots of coffee and crystal light...I WILL MAKE IT THROUGH TODAY!!! I HAVE TO!!

Already went to the park and sweat off a few pounds..headed to the library and then we'll cool off in the pool! Gonna do a 10 minute whirlpool! Woohoo exercise! Plus it get all the leaves to the middle so I can scoop em up and not have to hook up the vaccuum!!

I can't believe the kids are starting school already. We have orientation tomorrow and I gained almost 20 pounds since the last time everyone saw me! Hopefully no one will notice..

and I have to complain just a teeny bit...hubby likes the extra pounds but i feel awful. Its so tough to be on plan when hes telling me to eat junk and bringing home wendys.. ugh...

but I think its all out of my system now...being on plan is having control and looking and feeling great! Thats where i NEED TO BE!!!
Thanks for your post, AL!!! I came here this morning because I need inspiration and you are inspiring me.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #986
Blabbermouth!!!

My mind is going crazy today and I hate it when that happens. What I mean is I'm overthinking everything.

Feel a vent coming on.....

Yesterday was a perfect Atkins day. I had 6 grams of allowable carbs. SIX. That's it. I ate ground turkey, leftover chicken breast and one egg. Not humongous portions either. Early in the morning I had a small proteiin shake using the whey isolate. It has 20 grams of protein, no lactose, 2 carbs and 1 gram of fiber -- so that would be 1 net carb but I counted 2 carbs.

Anyway, this morning I stepped on the scale and...no change. None. Nada. Zip. What is it gonna take?? I measured my waist. No change. Nothing lost. Zero.

I have not eaten anything today. It's after 11:00 A.M. and my stomach is growling. I have had a glass of water and a cup of hot tea. Hungry, but I don't know what to put in my stomach. Should I just fast for a day and drink water and tea?

Should I just stop taking the diuretic?? Is my mind making me fat because I'm thinking too much?? Is my body storing up fat for the winter??? And, it refuses to let any go???

I put batteries in the Tanita and decided to look @ my fat%. I know the morning is not as accurate, so I will do it this afternoon and see if it's different.

But, based on my mathmatical calculations, if I want to eventually weigh 160 (which would be my dream!) I need to lose 55 pounds of fat. 55 freakin' pounds of FAT!! How am I gonna do that if, after 5 days with only one cheat I cannot even lose an ounce??? Did someone rig my scale so it is stuck at this weight???

When I came up with the 55 number I thought "just shoot me".

Part of me wants to continue and hang on and keep on going. I've been reading around the Atkins threads. One gal said she did induction for 2 weeks with not even one cheat and did not lose an ounce. But she kept going. Then one morning she woke up and was 7 pounds down.

So, theoretically, and I have read this, we can be burning up fat and it won't show up on the scale for a while and then all of a sudden it will.

But theory does not feel good to me right now. I need some concrete evidence that something will work.

End of rant. Thanks for being there you guys. I almost didn't even log on. My next thought after "just shoot me" was "what's the use??? nothing will work for me anymore." OK. done now.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #987
Senior LCF Member

Yam-Yam; Thats the thing about Stillman. Even one cheat will put you back. Just one, and only one can actually make you gain weight on this plan. So be very happy you did not gain for now and be good and see what happens tomorrow!! Stay on plan! : )
Old 08-30-2010, 03:58 PM   #988
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yam. Yam. .

I couldn't have said it better myself. . sincerely, .I keep wondering why I stick around some days. When I'm good. .I'm really really good but when I'm bad. . it goes on for days and days and days. .and nights! But.. Yam. .we can't give up. .we just can't. . I feel terrible and I want to feel better. . I was great up until 5 minutes ago when I looked into the freezer. . lets just say.. .frozen food goes down just as easy and un-frozen! Ugg. . OK. You, me, al. GT. . We can't let Gwn down. . we gotta do this and we gotta do it "real good". . We have 6 weeks to kick it into overdrive and move it. . Are you guys in? Please say yes. . I need your support really really bad right not. .Hubby is all over diet and exercise and I'm rebelling. .why is that? I'm not jealous but I think I need to be losing like he is. .and when I don't. . I eat. . What???

OK . Ramble done. I'm starting the day NOW
IM2fat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:29 PM   #989
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Weight loss is so peculiar...

I can eat basically the same thing week after week...one week I will hold steady at a certain weight...then the next week I might lose 3 pounds...

Hey, I ain't complainin' I'm thankful for the loss. I blame the variances on hormones...women have to deal with that. I'd be interested in hearing from Dustin and any other man reading...does your weight loss vary?

School folks are really starting to comment on my weight loss...yeah, that's fun! I'm hearing things like, "You lose weight soooo fast!"...But they don't realize I have to lose 30 pounds before it seems to be noticable!

I'm sorry I haven't responded to previous posts...I read them...I need to go back and respond
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:08 PM   #990
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Hi Friends
I've missed you all! This is just a quick check in before I head out... I am sorry to say I cannot catch up on the posts but I hope you are all doing well, I see lots of people seem to have found their way back! I leave for Europe tomorrow... In a matter of hours really. I have been off Stillman's for about 10 days now... Still trying to stay pretty low carb but I've sampled some things... I bounced up to 162 but seem to be sitting steady at 158-159 for a week now. I am okay with this. I am hoping to gain no more than 10lbs while I'm away for 6 weeks... So please please please I do not want to come back in the 170s!!!! I need to get right back on low carb as soon as I return too!!!

I have missed you all but my days have been so incredibly busy and so much time has been spent finishing my research, booking hostels, etc etc. I have thought about you all and hope you're all doing well on your journeys! I will see you lovely ladies in 6 weeks!!! Be good!
Holy cow, look who's here!

Gwn, you will do great! Focus on the trip of a lifetime, Stills and all of us will be right here.

Have the time of your life, party like a rock star, ride it like you stole it, and don't turn down the chance to try anything new.