Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #931
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Yam- I just want to offer up some hugs!!!
Al: So great to see you here! Yay! Thanks for the I need 'em!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #932
Blabbermouth!!!

AL: Thanks for the tuna encouragement! Two cans it is!!! Yay tuna!
Old 08-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #933
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
I just realized you are breaking the rules..posting at work?? If this is true and I can get my hourly dose of IM2, I will never log off!!!!
Nope. .I've been off work since Wednesday. . volunteered at the soup kitchen and I had to take Friday off to drive hubby to Doc. .so I figured. . why not
Thursday, too? Sad part is . . I got nothing done. . (O. .except my weekly coupon killing. .$110.00 worth for $18.91 today - and that included peanuts and eggs for hubby!. . ). .

So. . I'm still procrastinating. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #934
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
you are too much! I put on a pair of jeans yesterday after jumping up and down and sucking my gut in to zip. Then I had to bend and stand, bend and stand, bend and stand.. But at leat I got my squats in!!! Yeah for me exercising!!
That's the way to get it done!
Old 08-27-2010, 05:19 PM   #935
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Stillmanites Unite! Get Slender in September!!!
I love this one!! What do you guys thing? Slender in September. .
Old 08-27-2010, 05:21 PM   #936
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Iwillmakeit: Do you mind if I ask how tall you are? You said you want to lose as much as 100 pounds which makes me think you are a little tiny one!! lol. I'm tallish @ 5'8" and always wanted to be short because I think it's so feminine!
5' 4" isn't all it's cracked up to be either. . pants too long. especially for fat people. .there aint no petite in fat!
Old 08-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #937
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yam ..
Old 08-27-2010, 05:24 PM   #938
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: IWillMakeIt
Thanks for the welcome, aleriaaa!

YamYam, you might want to get a second medical opinion. Menopause often comes around the same as a dramatic reduction in the speed of your metabolism, which leads to weight gain, which leads to hypertension (yup, it's high blood pressure), but menopause in and of itself has nothing to do with your blood pressure. Diuretics are commonly used to treat hypertension, but they're not the only option.

I'm about 5'0 tall. I'm not in love with being short, but I guess it's alright. I feel like a child when I stand next to DH who's almost 5'11.
IWillMakeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #939
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Yam ..
IM2:
Old 08-27-2010, 05:34 PM   #940
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWillMakeIt View Post
Thanks for the welcome, aleriaaa!

YamYam, you might want to get a second medical opinion. Menopause often comes around the same as a dramatic reduction in the speed of your metabolism, which leads to weight gain, which leads to hypertension (yup, it's high blood pressure), but menopause in and of itself has nothing to do with your blood pressure. Diuretics are commonly used to treat hypertension, but they're not the only option.

I'm about 5'0 tall. I'm not in love with being short, but I guess it's alright. I feel like a child when I stand next to DH who's almost 5'11.
IWillMakeIt: Thanks for the advice. Maybe I should get another opinion about staying on it.

OH! I can so picture it!!! All my brothers are tall and two of them married little tiny petite ladies. One brother is 6'3" and his wife is 4'11". They have two great kids (grown up now) so I guess it works!! They look cute together. I'll bet you and your DH do too!

Well, I better go. I gotta shower and mow my long legs. Then I'll have to get ready for my date. I don't wear make up every single day any more, so it's a chore to get 'er done!!!

Talk to you all tomorrow.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 08-27-2010, 05:45 PM   #941
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
Hey Ladies and Dy!

Good news. I'm losing. Down another l.2 today. PRAISE GOD! I went back over my food journals from last Sept and noticed that I didn't lose wt. the entire time I was taking Progestrone. So, for 2 weeks sometimes 3 weeks out of the mo. I wasn't losing wt. WONDERFUL!

I'm kinda doing Still/Atkin's. Kinda like Gwenn was doing. I'm having skinless ckn breasts and extra lean ground beef with 1.5-2 oz. of cheese a day. Oh, and egg whites. It's doing the trick so what aint broke...

Yam Yam. I'm heart broken over your Meno situation. With what I've been through, I can feel your heart breaking. DOesn't it suck that we have to suffer like this. It's one thing to be fat due to eating ice cream and pizza but a total nightmare to gain when you're just living in the FEMALE BODY! Argh.

Gonna have a chat with God when I see him... He's got some splainin' to do

So, I'm 147.2 today. If I can lose 2.5-3lbs a week, I'll be at goal around Halloween. Let's hope. 125 here I come

GT! We want pics of those beautiful legs. ENJOY girl. You've worked SOOOOO HARD. I'm so proud of you

Yam Yam, one last thing. Dr. A. says NOT to take duiretics. He said they interfere with wt. loss. It's in DANDR. SOmething to look into. Maybe you could take the natural durietics that arn't too harsh. You can get em at Whole Foods. I've used them and they didn't stop me from losing wt. JAT.

Hugs,
Beth

Last edited by Beth Sch; 08-27-2010 at 05:49 PM..
Beth Sch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:16 PM   #942
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
Hey Ladies and Dy!

Good news. I'm losing. Down another l.2 today. PRAISE GOD! I went back over my food journals from last Sept and noticed that I didn't lose wt. the entire time I was taking Progestrone. So, for 2 weeks sometimes 3 weeks out of the mo. I wasn't losing wt. WONDERFUL!

I'm kinda doing Still/Atkin's. Kinda like Gwenn was doing. I'm having skinless ckn breasts and extra lean ground beef with 1.5-2 oz. of cheese a day. Oh, and egg whites. It's doing the trick so what aint broke...

Yam Yam. I'm heart broken over your Meno situation. With what I've been through, I can feel your heart breaking. DOesn't it suck that we have to suffer like this. It's one thing to be fat due to eating ice cream and pizza but a total nightmare to gain when you're just living in the FEMALE BODY! Argh.

Gonna have a chat with God when I see him... He's got some splainin' to do

So, I'm 147.2 today. If I can lose 2.5-3lbs a week, I'll be at goal around Halloween. Let's hope. 125 here I come

GT! We want pics of those beautiful legs. ENJOY girl. You've worked SOOOOO HARD. I'm so proud of you

Yam Yam, one last thing. Dr. A. says NOT to take duiretics. He said they interfere with wt. loss. It's in DANDR. SOmething to look into. Maybe you could take the natural durietics that arn't too harsh. You can get em at Whole Foods. I've used them and they didn't stop me from losing wt. JAT.

Hugs,
Beth
Beth! Awesome job on the losing! I Love it. . You must report in every single day.. we are counting on you to keep on losing!

Gals.. before we curse too much about being girls.. we have to remember what our bodies are designed to do. . . . . .There are days I really wonder why we fight it. . .remember the good old days when voluptuous was in?
Old 08-27-2010, 08:17 PM   #943
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
IM2:
Thank you, 'Yam. . .no words. . just . . We can do this!
Old 08-28-2010, 01:04 AM   #944
Junior LCF Member

Congrats on losing, Beth!

Today has been... interesting. I'm hungry now, but I don't feel like eating anymore meat, so I'm just sipping some Diet Dr. Pepper. I wasn't hungry most of the day, though. I ate 3.5 oz of grilled chicken breast for breakfast, 3 oz of turkey breast for lunch and an all beef skinless hotdog for dinner.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:19 AM   #945
Junior LCF Member

I feel like throwing in the towel and binging.

I know it seems minor to a lot of people, but all of my pets are very important to me. Mark, my hamster, was doing well until about 6 months ago. I noticed a small red tumor on his chest and took him to the vet. The vet said it appeared to be a cancerous cyst and that while operating was possible, it was incredibly risky since he was a small dwarf hamster. Mark was moving around just fine, even as his tumor grew. He was fine this morning, but he died sometime today. I have no idea what happened. I know that he had a long life -- he lived nearly 3 years -- but it's still very sad for me.

I'm not normally a big fan of little creatures because they tend to have such short life expectancies, but I took Mark (and his brother Jeff, who is still alive and doing well) from a former coworker of mine. He got two hamsters for his kids who bred. My coworker didn't want a bunch of hamsters, so he started giving them away. He was unable to find a home for Mark and Jeff, so I took them because he was planning on letting them loose in the park otherwise. I figured my home was better than a hawk's stomach.

I'm sorry for being so dramatic. Two of my cats recently passed away within the last year. Another death in my furry family wasn't expected, and it makes me very sad.

I'm definitely an emotional eater. All I want to do right now is eat carbs. I won't, but I really, really want to.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:37 AM   #946
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWillMakeIt View Post
I feel like throwing in the towel and binging.

I know it seems minor to a lot of people, but all of my pets are very important to me. Mark, my hamster, was doing well until about 6 months ago. I noticed a small red tumor on his chest and took him to the vet. The vet said it appeared to be a cancerous cyst and that while operating was possible, it was incredibly risky since he was a small dwarf hamster. Mark was moving around just fine, even as his tumor grew. He was fine this morning, but he died sometime today. I have no idea what happened. I know that he had a long life -- he lived nearly 3 years -- but it's still very sad for me.

I'm not normally a big fan of little creatures because they tend to have such short life expectancies, but I took Mark (and his brother Jeff, who is still alive and doing well) from a former coworker of mine. He got two hamsters for his kids who bred. My coworker didn't want a bunch of hamsters, so he started giving them away. He was unable to find a home for Mark and Jeff, so I took them because he was planning on letting them loose in the park otherwise. I figured my home was better than a hawk's stomach.

I'm sorry for being so dramatic. Two of my cats recently passed away within the last year. Another death in my furry family wasn't expected, and it makes me very sad.

I'm definitely an emotional eater. All I want to do right now is eat carbs. I won't, but I really, really want to.
So sorry for your loss. It is understandable that you feel upset. At least you can take some comfort knowing that you gave Mark a good life...like you said he would have been let loose in the park if you did not rescue him. Be strong and whatever you do, DO NOT THROW IN THE TOWEL!...you will not feel better for it. In fact, you will more than likely feel worse. This is a hump you CAN get over...remember all the reasons that made you decide to lose weight and to take action and stick with it...you CAN do it...we all CAN. x

Last edited by makemeslim; 08-28-2010 at 05:38 AM..
makemeslim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:56 AM   #947
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
So sorry for your loss. It is understandable that you feel upset. At least you can take some comfort knowing that you gave Mark a good life...like you said he would have been let loose in the park if you did not rescue him. Be strong and whatever you do, DO NOT THROW IN THE TOWEL!...you will not feel better for it. In fact, you will more than likely feel worse. This is a hump you CAN get over...remember all the reasons that made you decide to lose weight and to take action and stick with it...you CAN do it...we all CAN. x
Just noticed that you said you feel like giving up but won't. Sorry, I seemed to miss that bit. Well done for keeping strong...keep it up.
makemeslim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:40 AM   #948
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Peeps. .just a quicky again. .Im contemplating a family reunion. . really should go but don't feel like dealing with the "Bring a dish" to pass or anything. . . Ugg. . maybe if we show up late?
Old 08-28-2010, 09:01 AM   #949
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
My research this morning (on Google, of course) .

great on the looser clothes BTW!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:02 AM   #950
Big Yapper!!!!

Im2---8lbs in 2 days???? Hate hate hate men (sorry Dustin!) Glad everything is ok with him tho!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #951
Big Yapper!!!!

[QUOTE=aleriaaa;13835165]
GT- Im so glad you've been showin off your hot thin legs!!! The worlds is a happier place now!!

QUOTE]

Oh please!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #952
Big Yapper!!!!

So so so glad you're back Al--miss you around here---now stay this time--good girl!!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:05 AM   #953
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
you are too much! I put on a pair of jeans yesterday after jumping up and down and sucking my gut in to zip. Then I had to bend and stand, bend and stand, bend and stand.. But at leat I got my squats in!!! Yeah for me exercising!!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:07 AM   #954
Big Yapper!!!!

[QUOTE=aleriaaa;13835200

and to confess....the kids and I made ice box cake yesterday for the first time.....[/QUOTE]

What is it???? Ice-cream cake?? Sounds like something I would like!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:11 AM   #955
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post

Gals.. before we curse too much about being girls.. we have to remember what our bodies are designed to do. . . . . .
Dreaming of little baby GTs.....................
Old 08-28-2010, 09:12 AM   #956
Big Yapper!!!!

Im2--I see your light on!! Love constipated Kitty!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:17 AM   #957
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi peeps!! Still on library internet.. but still on plan (with an apple and some strawberries!!!). Keeping up the exercise!I'm not losing on the scale tho. And I don't really notice my clothes getting looser! I think I'm eating too much! Ya know what I'm too happy to care--I love being at home!!! Nothing else to report! BBL
Old 08-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #958
Senior LCF Member

Hey Ladies!

IM you're right. We get the blessing of making children. What a gift. I would be 500 lbs if that's what it meant for my daughter to come into this world.

OKAY! I've lost 3.5 lbs this week and since yesterday, I gained 3.4! WHY! You may ask. BEATS ME! I'm at a loss. I had half a soda fountain Diet soda and maybe it wasn't diet. Last time I lost I ditched the sodas altogether, I'm gonna do that now as well.

Why did I gain 3.4 lbs over night. INSANE!

Stats, 150.4 Not a happy camper. But, onward and down-ward we go.

Hugs,
Beth
Old 08-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #959
Junior LCF Member

Beth, hang in there. There's no way it's real fat. It's likely just water weight and will go away in a big whoosh!

MakeMeSlim, thanks you. Really. I'm going to stick to plan, but I seriously don't want you. Your encouragement is helping me to stick to my commitment.

I woke up and lost 1.8 pounds yesterday. Woo hoo! I'm down to 201.2. I'm really hoping I can see 199 Monday morning!
Old 08-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #960
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Make it!

What is going on with my body! OMG! THis is such a nightmare. I can't believe what drama I've been through with my wt. I gained 110 lbs in pregnancy as my THyroid crashed big time. I have food diaries that show that I ate 1200-1500 cals a day and gained so much wt.

I feel a head cold coming on and not feeling all that hot. Something is going on sytemically with me.

I'm gonna just ride it out. Ckn, lean ground beef and turkey and water... THat's it for me for 2 mo. I gotta get to 125.

Hugs,
BEth