Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #871
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Christine: Kudos and Happy Dance!!! -4 on the all-egg diet? Whoosh Fairy likes eggs!

Anything: How's the paper work going?? You are eating a massive amount of eggs, too, right? Don't start clucking or flapping your wings! Only kidding, you can if you want! We need to do what we need to do to get and stay healthy!!! Cluck away!!

IM2: Congrats on avoiding those snacks!!! Tell me your secret. DH wants me to go to our country club tomorrow night. They are having a live band on the veranda with lots of munchies and drinks. I told DH we need to eat before we go because there will be lots of chips 'n dip, carrot sticks with ranch dressing, stuff like that. Hope I can stick to a few bites of cheese and one glass of cabernet savignon.

CC: you are just full of info! Good stuff. Scary sometimes. You won't gain 8 pounds. You won't!!
Oh your evening out sounds divine! A glass of cabe-it's been months!!! Enjoy!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #872
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
GT: So, do you, have you used ketostix?? Do you think they are helpful? Or just something to keep us busy? First day I bought them, I was already @ level 2 (of 6) and I had just been cutting down on carbs and upping the protein/fat for 1.5 days. Thought that was good. Yesterday I was level 4 and that was my "start" day on Atkins, all though I really was warming up by eating eggs, chicken and only a few veggies and fruits.

Atkins said most people are in deepest fat burning mode in the evening. But I'm showing that it's around noon. That's when the strips turn the darkest.

I got into "test mode" big time yesterday. When I started reading Atkins '72 I bought an inexpensive cholestorol testing kit because I was worried that too much beef, bacon, eggs, oil/butter might cos me cholestorol problems, which I do not have now and don't want to get!!!

Anyway, yesterday I tested my cholestorol @ 1:15 pm (after having steak, bacon and eggs for lunch!!) and it was 179 which is really good. Took my BP which was 119/69, also great! And, using my husband's blood glucose kit I tested for blood sugar and it was 90.

Very happy about those numbers!!! Thinking now that Dana Carpender, Atkins, Stillman and all the other LC Scientists are right!!! This WOE is good for our health!!!!! YAY! YAY! YAY! Very motivating!!
YamGlam, I read somewhere there are no 'degrees' of ketosis, you are either in or out. Darker strips means not drinking enough water......

Just something for you to chew on...
Old 08-26-2010, 05:42 PM   #873
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWillMakeIt View Post
Is it alright if I join this thread? I'm shopping today to start Stillman's tomorrow. I've lost about 14 pounds following a regular 1,200 calorie diet in the last 6 weeks. My first week I lost 5 pounds and I've lost about 2 pounds a week since then. It's painfully slow! I'm ready to speed things up and start Stillman's!
So glad you joy-nd us!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #874
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Good point IM! Normal might not be the right thing to shoot for!
Beck: You sound so happy!! And, when I'm living this way I do feel normal!! I guess it's 'cos it's "normal" for me. It's my best normal.

Have to admit, I did feel hungry in the evening yesterday. It was my first true day doing Atkins -- ever. I'm a Stillman girl from waaaaaaaaay back when. Would you believe 1969???

Being a Stillminite to the core, you can imagine it's hard for me to get it into my head that good fats are good for me and are not stored as fat. So, I'm sure I did not eat enough fat yesterday and that's probably why I ended up hungry. Fats and protein together keep you unhungry according to Atkins.

So, today I am changing my ways -- a little! I had a TBLSP of EVOO with my breakfast.

Oh! Oh! I made my protein shake with cucumber! It was awesome!!! I don't have to pine away over banned bananas and berries anymore!!!

I used: Crushed ice, freshly brewed green tea, about half a cup of chopped cucumber (peeled), 1 TBL psyllium husks, 1.5 scoop whey protein, 1 TBL EVOO, 2 TBL ACV, 1/2 tsp cinnamon.

Turned out really smoothe, really yummy, very creamy like a milkshake and very, very filling!! Yay! It's pretty much no carb. The insoluble fiber in psyllium cannot be digested, so it keeps you full, keeps you clean on the inside and makes the shake thick. There are 4 carbs in the protein, however, the fiber in the husks cancels that out. The cucumber worked out to less than half a carb. (since there are 5 grams of fiber in the husks, it pretty much cancels out the carbs).

So, that was my breakfast which for some reason gave me boundless energy today! I got lots done and had plenty of time to spend with my Peeps. Even talked on the phone w/ DD for about 2 hours off and on!!

Lunch was leftover chicken and dinner is gonna be leftover steak, 2 leftover pieces of bacon and a romaine salad w/ EVOO and ACV and pepper. Yum.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 08-26-2010, 07:10 PM   #875
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/196/160 5'5.5"
Yam, your shake sounds very yummy! When I feel like I'm at goal (not really sure where that will be) I plan to move on over to Atkins style eating...

Adding fruits and some veggies scares me! (Right now I have salad about once a week...and maybe some green beans or brocolli...)

YOu sound like you have a good eating plan!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #876
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yam, your shake sounds very yummy! When I feel like I'm at goal (not really sure where that will be) I plan to move on over to Atkins style eating...

Adding fruits and some veggies scares me! (Right now I have salad about once a week...and maybe some green beans or brocolli...)

YOu sound like you have a good eating plan!
Beck: I think the most important thing is finding a WOE that works fairly fast and also is something we can stick with. It has to make me feel good and healthy or I dump it. Today I'm feeling soooooooo good and so healthy! Very happy, very energetic, very optomistic that eventually I can get this weight off! Most importantly? At the moment I am very UN-hungry. yay!
Old 08-26-2010, 09:02 PM   #877
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Good evening, peeps. . O.. wait.. 2 more minutes and it shall be tomorrow. . heheh.. Where did the day go? Anyway, I just wanted to share a little tid bit I came across a while ago and never tried it until tonight. (or that I'll admit. . .) . I'm not sure I should even post it except it kept me from "cheating" so here goes. . remember. use only in an emergency and use sparingly. .

If you are really, truly craving something a little chewee, if not crunchy. . and you really have your minds wrapped around pizza. . Try taking a few pepperoni pieces and throw them in the microwave until they pop and sizzle. . (beware.. the by products are scary. . I soaked mine up with several paper towels. . ). . But.. boy o boy. . pop one in your mouth and it give you the illusion that you sitting in the middle of a pizzeria without a care in the world . (and looking mighty satisfied, I might add!)... I bet if you used the turkey pepperoni. .it would be even better and not so "bad" for you. . The sodium is quite high so you'll have to do a water purge. . but it sure beats cheating . .big time!!

See. . stupid pepperoni in my fridge got me thinking about it so I had to try it. . O. . My. . .I guess the Atkins crew sprinkles theirs with cheese too. . I'm just sayin. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 08-26-2010 at 09:29 PM..
IM2fat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #878
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gwn. .I wish you would check in, hon! We want to send you off properly. . . Plus. .I am a little worried about you. . Its not like you to be MIA for so long. . .. I hope everything is OK and you are just busy getting ready for your trip..
Old 08-26-2010, 09:15 PM   #879
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Food for today; 3 eggs HB; 1 chicken breast plain; one turkey pattie with 1 oz nonfat cheese. Lots of mustard in the eggs and chicken breast.
Exercise; an hour walk at the beach.
Water; Still working on it tonight.
I am praying for the woosh fairy tonight. I can't believe how little I am eating compared to when I first started and was losing a lb a day (versus this stall thing)
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #880
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Food for today; 3 eggs HB; 1 chicken breast plain; one turkey pattie with 1 oz nonfat cheese. Lots of mustard in the eggs and chicken breast.
Exercise; an hour walk at the beach.
Water; Still working on it tonight.
I am praying for the woosh fairy tonight. I can't believe how little I am eating compared to when I first started and was losing a lb a day (versus this stall thing)
seriously. . you may need to up what you are eating. . .Al was having wonderful luck and she was eating a boatload. . . Not really. .but she ate a lot and still saw wonderful results. . remember. . your body may have switched to "I'm starving" mode and it is desperately trying to hold onto that fat. . . I really think you should up it a bit and see what your results are. . I eat more than that but I'm not a very good example. .my metabolism is really wacked. . .
Old 08-27-2010, 01:15 AM   #881
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Makemeslim: Thanks so much for your posts. I so appreciate your honesty and you know we can all relate. That post you copied from another thread was very helpful to me. I am definitely trying to remember that the burning of stored fat is the most important thing and it does not always show up on the scale right away. Being a post-menopausal woman myself, I am in a very different place than I was even 10 years ago.

I used to be a fast loser. Big whooshes when I did Stillman's day after day.

Menopause kicked my butt and no matter what I tried, I gained, gained, gained.

Now the big M is finally over and I have become a slow loser. Took me a while to realize that, but I'm facing the truth.

I just read that shame has no place in this journey. It's very destructive and keeps us from even trying. So, don't be ashamed. We all fail we all fall but the most important thing is putting our disappointments in the past and getting up and starting over!!!

Get your head in the right place, then start again. And again - if necessary. And, again, and again and again!!!! I'm reminding myself this journey is not a straight line on a map. It's got u-turns, sharp curves, mountains and valleys!! But the destination is out their waiting for us. We just gotta keep going. Our health and well being depends on it!
Ahh thanks Yam Yam...your post really moved me. Only Stillman friendly foods shall pass these lips today and that is a promise. I had two boiled eggs for brekkie, lunch will be seasoned steak and maybe jumbo prawns for dinner.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:17 AM   #882
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
YamYam: That sounds like Puumba from Lion King.

You gotta put your behind in the PAST!
I remember that line...loved that movie.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:19 AM   #883
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Makeme.. welcome home.. We can do this together!!! you, me and the Doc have a date!
Thanks I'm2, it's a deal!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:06 AM   #884
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
IM2: DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP!!! You are NOT a loser (in the bad way). Life happens especially when you make plans. Something that happens to me when life gets crazy is that I find, when I'm not even thinking about getting things done, (usually several days AFTER I had planned and tried to set aside time to get it done) ----- some kind of a wave will come over me. It's like the wind blows in a different direction, my desire to dust or wash/fold laundry, shine the floors, just washes over me when I least expect it!

My advice is don't force it if you don't have to. So what if the dust bunnies live another day! ha! They will be there waiting for you. When you force it, it's drudgery and takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!

When you are "in the mood" you can breeze through it in no time.

My own big example is cleaning the kitchen. I hate to go to bed and leave dirty dishes. But at night when I'm really tired it takes me an eternity to clean it up. In the morning, when I'm fresh, I can do it in about 10 minutes. Seriously! I've timed myself! Evening -- hour and a half. Morning - - 10 minutes.

I also play a game with myself. It's the "small" game. Do something small if you are feeling like you didn't accomplish anything.

Back to the kitchen example: If the counters are cluttered (which I absolutely cannot stand! ) and I don't have time or energy, I will tell myself "just do one small thing. Better than nothing." So, I will put away the box of Cheerios DH left out. Or, I'll just decide to only put everything in the trash that is trash like paper napkins, empty green bean bag and chicken bones. Most of the time something magical happens: One thing leads to another.

So, just do one dust bunnie. Do one every day for a week and seven will be gone!

Last week all my windows were dirty and looked gross. Especially since the grandies and grand doggie were here and the patio windows had kid prints and doggie slobber all over them. I hate cleaning windows!!! Finally decided after putting it off that I would only do the one that bugs me most. That's the patio window in my living room. Only took a minute. Looks much better.

The rest are still waiting and I don't care! Maybe tomorrow I'll decide that the kitchen window bugs me next and I'll do that one. then maybe I'll do one window every other day or even one a week until it's time to start all over again!!

Sorry to be preachy!! I just know how you feel -- overwhelmed and like every time you plan to catch up and dig out things just go in the opposite direction and the pit gets deeper.

Go with the flow, Sweetie. Your hubby and kids are the MOST important. I doubt if any person was ever on his/her deathbed saying, "Oh, my. What I wish the most is that forty years ago on a Thursday morning I wish more than anything that I had cleared out those dust bunnies."

But I'll bet if anything happened to your DH you might say, "Gee, that day he came home unexpecdedly in the middle of the day? I wish I would not have been annoyed with him. Wish I would have stopped everything and made him feel like the most important person in the world....."

OK! OK! I will shut up!!!!!
Great advice Yam Yam. I'm2 I know how you feel...I am a diagnosed OCD person (laughs at herself) and I actually hate having an untidy place. I used to spend hours each day making sure everything was in place and nice and clean. Then a few years ago I was struck with what my consultant believes is Fibromyalgia (I do not have all the traits). The fatigue I suffer means I just can not keep the house like I used to. I struggled terribly back then and would just sit and cry when I did not have the energy to carry out a job...I was almost suicidal, honestly. I tried getting a cleaner but I just could not stand the idea of someone seeing my house messy, so I would try to clean before she came (Yes, I am a proper nut nut) which just made me more anxious. I have had no choice but to live with the fact that I can not clean like I use to. I still have bad days...in fact today is one of them...everything is magnified and God only knows, I can spot a speck of dust from a mile away. I just have to keep reminding myself that there are more important things in life. I will do what I can today and take on Yams advice. Hope you are feeling better.

Last edited by makemeslim; 08-27-2010 at 02:08 AM..
Old 08-27-2010, 02:14 AM   #885
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi all,
I'm checking in...still walkin' the Stillman's way...

I feel so good right now...I told my mom today, "If it takes giving up sugar and bread forever to keep feeling this good, I think it's worth it..."

Not to mention the lack of cravings...

I eat a grilled chicken breast and I'm satisfied...I feel like a "normal" person...not someone who can't stop eating...

I really like it here...I hope I can stay... : )
Y
Hi Becky. Great stuff, keep it up.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:17 AM   #886
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWillMakeIt View Post
Is it alright if I join this thread? I'm shopping today to start Stillman's tomorrow. I've lost about 14 pounds following a regular 1,200 calorie diet in the last 6 weeks. My first week I lost 5 pounds and I've lost about 2 pounds a week since then. It's painfully slow! I'm ready to speed things up and start Stillman's!
Hi IWillMakeIt Welcome aboard.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:30 AM   #887
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good evening, peeps. . O.. wait.. 2 more minutes and it shall be tomorrow. . heheh.. Where did the day go? Anyway, I just wanted to share a little tid bit I came across a while ago and never tried it until tonight. (or that I'll admit. . .) . I'm not sure I should even post it except it kept me from "cheating" so here goes. . remember. use only in an emergency and use sparingly. .

If you are really, truly craving something a little chewee, if not crunchy. . and you really have your minds wrapped around pizza. . Try taking a few pepperoni pieces and throw them in the microwave until they pop and sizzle. . (beware.. the by products are scary. . I soaked mine up with several paper towels. . ). . But.. boy o boy. . pop one in your mouth and it give you the illusion that you sitting in the middle of a pizzeria without a care in the world . (and looking mighty satisfied, I might add!)... I bet if you used the turkey pepperoni. .it would be even better and not so "bad" for you. . The sodium is quite high so you'll have to do a water purge. . but it sure beats cheating . .big time!!

See. . stupid pepperoni in my fridge got me thinking about it so I had to try it. . O. . My. . .I guess the Atkins crew sprinkles theirs with cheese too. . I'm just sayin. .
Lol...I was thinking about how nice it would be with cheese before I even got to the bottom of you post.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:02 AM   #888
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Good morning!!!! I'm drinking my coffee BLACK! So you know what that means! Hittin stillmans hard and ready to get to goal!! The plan is tuna for lunch and Ive got 3 pounds of ground turkey cooked up for when I get home! Not saying Im gonna eat it all, but you never know!

I'll be back later to catch up on the posts but I agree with IM2, anything! I think you would do better adding in some more meat! You eat so very little.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:30 AM   #889
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I like the first one...I wanna be a slender September sweetie!
I second that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:41 AM   #890
Major LCF Poster!

I keep looking for some green lights...oh well I suppose it is still early for most of you but it is nearing 1pm here...think I'll go have a steak.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:41 AM   #891
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
willdo! I know exactly how you feel.. there are days when I really, really want to throw in the towel too and say what the heck.. (I'm a lifetime WW member ).. .But I realize that I have done this damage to my body and my metabolism and I just have to work that much harder. . I've been struggling with my thyroid and stuggling with this carb weigh of life. . However, the plus side is I know exactly what to do to keep my hunger at bay. . I feel better (no bloat). . and I know carbs are evil. .sugar is the devil and meat is a treat! Not really but we have to do what we can to convince ourselves. . Hang in there. . it'll come off. .perhaps a little slow. .but it will. . .
GO you!

But I disagree somewhat to your statement.

Personally, I don't blame myself so much anymore because of the conspiracies I have discovered by the media, the USDA and the FDA, the farm lobbyists, as well as the medical snobbery that has kept low carb from being mainstream.

It is becoming clear that the global obesity problem is more from what we have been taught is good for us rather than hiding in a closet pounding bad food. The fact that low carbers still have to eat and meet in secret, lie about thier diet (I tell people I'm a diabetic and glucose intolerant) and get harassed from complete strangers in supermarkets reinforces my belief every day.

The low carb diet actually had its humble inception in the 1860s, with a single doctor and a single patient. The true creator of the low carb diet phenomenon is actually a man named William Harvey.

And yet we still lurk in secret. Since 1860!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:52 AM   #892
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
IM2: DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP!!! You are NOT a loser (in the bad way). Life happens especially when you make plans. Something that happens to me when life gets crazy is that I find, when I'm not even thinking about getting things done, (usually several days AFTER I had planned and tried to set aside time to get it done) ----- some kind of a wave will come over me. It's like the wind blows in a different direction, my desire to dust or wash/fold laundry, shine the floors, just washes over me when I least expect it!

My advice is don't force it if you don't have to. So what if the dust bunnies live another day! ha! They will be there waiting for you. When you force it, it's drudgery and takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!

When you are "in the mood" you can breeze through it in no time.

My own big example is cleaning the kitchen. I hate to go to bed and leave dirty dishes. But at night when I'm really tired it takes me an eternity to clean it up. In the morning, when I'm fresh, I can do it in about 10 minutes. Seriously! I've timed myself! Evening -- hour and a half. Morning - - 10 minutes.

I also play a game with myself. It's the "small" game. Do something small if you are feeling like you didn't accomplish anything.

Back to the kitchen example: If the counters are cluttered (which I absolutely cannot stand! ) and I don't have time or energy, I will tell myself "just do one small thing. Better than nothing." So, I will put away the box of Cheerios DH left out. Or, I'll just decide to only put everything in the trash that is trash like paper napkins, empty green bean bag and chicken bones. Most of the time something magical happens: One thing leads to another.

So, just do one dust bunnie. Do one every day for a week and seven will be gone!

Last week all my windows were dirty and looked gross. Especially since the grandies and grand doggie were here and the patio windows had kid prints and doggie slobber all over them. I hate cleaning windows!!! Finally decided after putting it off that I would only do the one that bugs me most. That's the patio window in my living room. Only took a minute. Looks much better.

The rest are still waiting and I don't care! Maybe tomorrow I'll decide that the kitchen window bugs me next and I'll do that one. then maybe I'll do one window every other day or even one a week until it's time to start all over again!!

Sorry to be preachy!! I just know how you feel -- overwhelmed and like every time you plan to catch up and dig out things just go in the opposite direction and the pit gets deeper.

Go with the flow, Sweetie. Your hubby and kids are the MOST important. I doubt if any person was ever on his/her deathbed saying, "Oh, my. What I wish the most is that forty years ago on a Thursday morning I wish more than anything that I had cleared out those dust bunnies."

But I'll bet if anything happened to your DH you might say, "Gee, that day he came home unexpecdedly in the middle of the day? I wish I would not have been annoyed with him. Wish I would have stopped everything and made him feel like the most important person in the world....."

OK! OK! I will shut up!!!!!
Wow we all neede that one.......like every day! TY!!!!! Huge inspiration.

Truly words to live by.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:43 AM   #893
Major LCF Poster!

Still nobody here.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:01 AM   #894
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Hi Makeme - I'm here.........still struggling to stay on plan and AWAY from the scale!!!

So far today:
Breakfast was some lemon pepper chicken and a cup of black coffee

Now I am sipping on some Raspberry Ice Crystal Light. Lunch will be a tuna packet.

I need to make some more Coconut Bark cubes today. Found chicken thighs on sale yesterday for $0.98/pound. I think these will go on the grill for dinner tonight.

We had RAIN yesterday and finally the heat and humidity are somewhat better. Perhaps it will be cool enough (below 90) for a walk with the dogs this evening.

I hope everyone is having a great day.
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:47 AM   #895
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeepot
Stats: 141/137/127
Start Date: Sept.2014
Since I last posted in late spring, my weight has bounced around , up and down, like clockwork. There have been a few splurges--but nothing that really seems to warrant the obligatory 10 lb gain that follows. Anyway, I'm angry and upset, but I'm not sure if I'm mad enough to change my habits. I eat low carb. In fact, what I usually eat is zero carb. But I do eat much higher fat than most of you. I find that when I try to eat extreme low fat meats and egg whites, I start to crave. And that's what leads to unplanned splurges. There have been times when I've followed a Stillman type zc diet and I've been successful. Ususally though it would have me staring at the peanut butter jar or my husband's cashews "just wondering." And we all know where that leads.

So I usually nip that in the bud with extra fat, similar to what many of you do. I do eat coconut oil and mct oil as well as much fattier cuts of meat. I just can't face another dry chicken breast. My weight would probably slowly go down with this regime (higher fat red meat), but sometimes like today, yesterday and the day before, I've eaten very many salty pork cracklings. The crack part is probably very apt. It's the only extra I've added besides well--let's be honest--a touch of wine, a smackeral of cheese, a little chicken skin, and maybe a tbsp of cream a day. Too much? I guess.

Why can't I just accept that I can't eat those things and lose. Instead I gain. I know that the packaged pork cracklings are sodium-infested, and that salt makes me retain water. I should just accept it. Or as in the Thin Command book, am I going to be defeated by a pork rind? Am I to be defeated by wine? I don't drink much (usually!), because it has such a quick effect, but even a 4oz glass seems to stall my efforts.

I guess I need to know if y'all think I could lose eating zero carb, high-fat red meat. I have done it before successfully. But then again, I've done Stillman's with similar success. Now nothing seems to work, even when I stay away from pork rinds, wine, cream. I am frustrated.
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:50 AM   #896
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
GT: Woo-Hoo for being able to wear a short skirt! Bet you look sooooooooo cute!! Try to not worry about the scale. The most important thing about LC is that IT BURNS STORED FAT. The same volume of fat compared to muscle or bone is very light. Yet it takes up much more space.

When you first start losing weight, the subcutaneous fat goes (that is the fat right under the skin that causes all our muffin tops, back cleavage, thunder thighs).

After that's gone as you continue LC your body starts burning up the intramuscular fat (between the muscles -- so you won't notice it as much on the scale) and then finally, the innermuscular fat (inside your muscles) and that would hardly be detectable for a while on the scale or the tape measure.

But, you body is still burning fat!!! That's what is important!!!

FIRST we gotta stop storing fat and making new stores of fat!!! Then we gotta start and keep burning fat up and getting rid of it.

You are doing great!!
Yam that was such a great post! Thanks for the info!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:50 AM   #897
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
How about: "Stillman's Slender September Sweeties"?? or "September Stillman Slenderizing Strategies" "Stillman's Slender Strategies for September"

-Can't get off the alliteration kick!

"September Swoosh! w/ Stillman" ha! "Stillman's September Swoosh!" Ok, 'nuff.....

(Oh, BTW: death to dust bunnies!!! How's the cleaning going? I need to do that too! Don't want to, though!)
Love then, especially the first one!!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:52 AM   #898
Big Yapper!!!!

[quote=Yam-Yam;13831475]
Quote:

Thank you!!! I never even thought about putting something in my purse that is "safe" in case I need it. Maybe some chicken strips in a zip lock sandwich bag?? Would that be too gross?? lol. Don't know about the heels. Afrain I might fall over! Especially since it's gonna be outside!! CO is a great idea. That usually makes me a little hyper; extra hot (I mean warm not hot-hot) and definitely un-hungry. Gonna go try on some snug fitting stuff that does not look awful and see how that will work.....
No! It's the best way to go!! I always have chicken in my purse!! I'm sad I know!!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:52 AM   #899
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: coffeepot
Stats: 141/137/127
Start Date: Sept.2014
So far today I've had 2 double espresso coffees with maybe a tsp of cream, 6 oz of 80/20 ground beef AND maybe 4 oz pork cracklings. You see, I had to finish the package so there'd be no more temptation. And I've had a tbsp of mct oil. Usually my calories are around 1000, but with the pork rinds, they'll be up today.
coffeepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #900
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi all,
I'm checking in...still walkin' the Stillman's way...

I feel so good right now...I told my mom today, "If it takes giving up sugar and bread forever to keep feeling this good, I think it's worth it..."
It so is!!! We hope you stay too!!