Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Please tell me more about this Gorton's that I've been reading about and what in the heck is this CO?

-Dustin
CO= coconut oil!

I buy any chicken or beef broth that doesnt have sugar...they usually have a carb or 2, and most of them have lots of salt.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2010, 08:15 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Im still in my pjs....gotta get goin!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:22 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
Thanks! I will buy $50 in ground beef! Low fat beef, righto?

-Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Gwn:Maybe you are correct. . I never thought of the vingegar.. What makes the ACV better, I wonder? Seeems to me with the fermented apple.. mMMmm. . I can't think straight tonight. .
Actually I don't know the particulars of vinegar, only that regular vinegar is a major trigger for yeast. Maybe it explains the bloating? Just throwing some suggestions out there. I had to give up my hot sauce for a few weeks because it has vinegar in it.
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Here's the thing, IM - most of us, if not all of us (including you, Dustin - this isn't just a "girl" thing!) have felt the way you are feeling - both physically and emotionally. We know what we gotta do to feel better, and we know it is hard to do! Be gentle with yourself. Treat yourself the way you would treat one of your kids - you wouldn't beat up on them emotionally speaking, so don't beat up on yourself! Find the strength you need. There is always someone here who is on plan, lean on us. 'Cause there is a time a comming when we will need to lean on you. Not weighing until Sept. 2 means that silly numbers can't dictate your mood. At least not till the 2nd when it will cause you to jump for joy because you will have lost weight!
This is really awesome advice! We you IM, and we all have these days!! Mine was like a week to two weeks ago, struggling soooo hard to stay on plan... Stick with it, I got over that hump and am seeing new low numbers on the scale, you will too!
Old 08-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello my fellow warriors!
I just want to say that I truly you all. You people understand me in a way that other people don't, you encourage me when I need it, listen to me when all I want to do is complain and most importantly, say just the right things, when I am at my weakest! This is why I share my weight "issues" with you people and no one else! The "well just eat whatever you want today and get back on track tomorrow" responses I get from people in my life are NOT the words that I need to hear. I want you all to feel like you can tell us all your struggles and milestones too! We're all in this together, like becky said "it's a journey and we're all somewhere along the same road". The cool thing is, we're all better off than when we started! I never thought I would have stuck with Stillman's for this long or that I would have lost this much weight, this quickly... Or that I'd even still be "okay" with eating these same things, day in and day out... But I am and in my head I fast forward to when I'm 131 and imagine the clothes I'll wear.... We just have to keep the big prize in mind! No cheat today is worth derailing us from the big prize!

Okay, now that I got that off my chest... I have no time to write more... Except the scale was down a bit more today! Armed with more eggs, chicken and lean beef!

Dustin, I buy the 50% sodium chicken broth then cube up chicken in it and throw some dry parsley in it. Yum! I agree, have some richer meats to transition into Stills... I started off eating turkey hot dogs and turkey burgers and beef, before I really worked my way into tuna and skinless chicken...
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
Old 08-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Amen! :notworthy: Gwn! {{{{{{{{hugging everybody}}}}}}} we are a rock!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Well. .I am glad ZI checked in tonight. . You guys are on a roll .. I was especially happy to see that you've check in, too. . Al and Dustin! We need to do this. . We need to show this fat who's boss. . .

Gorton's Fish (check the frozen fish area). .he has a whole line of fresh baked fish out. . you get two healthy pieces and they are MMmmm. .just stay away from the ones with added fat (butter sauce) and you should be OK. I would give you the link but I'm on my final warning. .

Al! I can't even imagine trying to do the CO like that. . you keep it in the fridge? Mine says do no refrigerate. . Or does it? I better go check now. .
Old 08-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gwn. .You are doing awesome. Keep it up gal!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
Good evening!

I feel ready for tomorrow!!! I'm gonna fire up the crockpot tonight for a piece of chicken for lunch tomorrow. Then early tomorrow morning, I will brown some ground beef for my breakfast/snack. I'm ready to rrrruuummmmbbbblllleeeeee!!

-Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:22 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey guys. Had a good day today... Had some eggs and chicken for breakfast, chicken for lunch and my burgers for dinner. I'm having a hot flash as I type this, thanks to the CO I took a while ago. So.... I went shopping today, was determined to find jeans to buy for my trip and I ended up with two pair.. a size 10 and a size 8. I wore the size 8 tonight. They fit perfectly. I think I can safely say I have a badonkadonk no more.. My butt has joined the same area code as the rest of my body. Oh and the size 10... Well, got home to discover the girl forgot to take the ink tag off them!! I don't own a car and got a ride from PA over to NJ so I'm kind of screwed! Gotta wait until I can get a ride back to the mall, or walk in to a different store around here, receipt in hand, and see if they'll take the ink tag off for me.

Where is everyone today?? Off enjoying the sun??

I went to Trader Joes tonight and found some lean burgers that are 96% lean, previously been buying 93%. It seemed too good to be true! I'll see how they are...

I haven't been on a bike ride in 4 or 5 days. Feeling lazy I suppose. More than biking though, I really need to do some weights and sit ups and other things that will tone this flab. No motivation whatsoever though.

Okay everyone, sweet dreams!
Old 08-03-2010, 07:26 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good evening!

I feel ready for tomorrow!!! I'm gonna fire up the crockpot tonight for a piece of chicken for lunch tomorrow. Then early tomorrow morning, I will brown some ground beef for my breakfast/snack. I'm ready to rrrruuummmmbbbblllleeeeee!!

-Dustin
mmmmmm ground beef omelet sounds delicious... I don't know why I just thought of that but I need to try it now!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I sure hope everyone is just busy enjoying the weather, too. . I don't want to lose any of our contributors. . Everyone brings a nice tone to the forum! So. .keep checking in .. we all miss you. . I kinda/sorta lost my momentum this afternoon but I did plan my lunch/breakfast for tomorrow so I should be alls et. Took my vitamins and will need to up my water for tomorrow..

Nighty Nite, Peeps..I don't have much to contribute today but I plan to be back in full swing tomorrow.. I still hate that I can't check in during the day. I always caught up with ya'all before I left my office and got all inspired before dinner.. Now, I can't do that and I miss it! Just another challenge to overcome..

I'm going to try to remember my tennis shoes tomorrow and if its not too hot. . I'm gonna walk. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:17 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cat430
Stats: 5'3ish 160/147.2/110
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart March 14 2011
Morning All,

I am down 2 pounds and staying strong.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Cat430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:21 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat430 View Post
Morning All,

Hope everyone has a great day!
Congrats Cat!! That's a great way to start the day!

I'm back at school during the day now so I won't get to post quite as much either...but I do believe posting here daily is important to my success...keeps me accountable...

I am missing some folks on here...I know life can get you busy...and you can get out of the habit of posting. Hopefully they will check in soon!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:44 AM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al! I can't even imagine trying to do the CO like that. . you keep it in the fridge? Mine says do no refrigerate. . Or does it? I better go check now. .
Mine doesnt say but when I noticed it was expired I threw it in the fridge! It definitely made me hot, but no negative effects. Gonna try two shots today!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:46 AM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
I went shopping today, was determined to find jeans to buy for my trip and I ended up with two pair.. a size 10 and a size 8. I wore the size 8 tonight. They fit perfectly. I think I can safely say I have a badonkadonk no more.. My butt has joined the same area code as the rest of my body.
Gwn!!! Thats great news!!!! and funny too!!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:47 AM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Good evening!

-Dustin
Great job Dustin! Thats the way to do it!!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:47 AM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat430 View Post
Morning All,

Woohoo!!! WTG!!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:49 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I'm back at school during the day now so I won't get to post quite as much either...but I do believe posting here daily is important to my success...keeps me accountable...
oh nooooooo. I sure wish it wasnt so hard for us to get to each other!!! work gets in the way of everything!!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:53 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Mine doesnt say but when I noticed it was expired I threw it in the fridge! It definitely made me hot, but no negative effects. Gonna try two shots today!
I'm very happy with my CO! I can't say it has sped up my loss...but I can tell an increase in energy. I ordered the book "The Coconut Oil Miracle" by Bruce Fife...and I've read tons online...so many benefits...if a small percentage of them is true...it's great for me.I started Stillmans not eating much fat at all...so I like the fact I am now. I take it in the morning with my vits...and it satisfies my hunger till lunch. (It's 260 calories) Then I take another dose with vits somewhere between 3 and 4 PM. I understand some folks can't take it on an empty stomach...

I love Dr. Stillman...I guess if I were going to have another baby ...Stillman would be a great name too! (To go along with Gorton! )
(I'm 43, so I'm joking about the getting pregnant thing...it's just the weird way my brain thinks...)

Last edited by becky123abc; 08-04-2010 at 05:54 AM..
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:56 AM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I kinda/sorta lost my momentum this afternoon but I did plan my lunch/breakfast for tomorrow so I should be alls et. Took my vitamins and will need to up my water for tomorrow..
Its sooo tough!!! My plan for the day is chicken (grilled w balsamic), tuna, and coconut oil!!! Perhaps even an egg or two, to mix it up a bit!!!

Not that anyone will go through all this trouble but hubby just set up his laptop to use the internet connection from his iphone. AT WORK!!! Its a beautiful thing! We even tested out skype and the connection was great. (skype is a video phone call)
Old 08-04-2010, 06:00 AM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I love Dr. Stillman...I guess if I were going to have another baby ...Stillman would be a great name too! (To go along with Gorton! )
(I'm 43, so I'm joking about the getting pregnant thing...it's just the weird way my brain thinks...)
if I get a dog, Im'a name er Ribeye!! or Porterhouse! Could never do that to my dear child....

What happens if we eat cocounut oil and cheat?? :blush::blush: Im guessing only bad bad things....
Old 08-04-2010, 06:02 AM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

I swear...I could happily eat one huge steak everyday...then I would be all set. I cant wait till it gets cooler out so I can make my own prime rib. (Ive never done it before but its way too expensive at the restaurant!!!)
Old 08-04-2010, 06:04 AM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

OK...upping stats... its a little shocking but I think its the embarrassment of it all that I need to get back on track.....cover one eye...its scary...
Old 08-04-2010, 06:08 AM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

Ive noticed too, that every week and a half or so, when I fess up and up my stats, the number goes up another pound or two from the last fess-up. Or should I say MESS UP!! I noticed it and Im doing something about it!! Not gonna let another day go by without complete control!!!!

CHICKEN AND TUNA AND EGGS IT IS!!! Oh and I still have some of my kabob beef too!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:13 AM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

btw....about the kabob beef. when i bought it, I thought it was stew meat but cut on the big side.. the kabob beef has like hardly any fat. This might be a better solution to anyones next encounter with the crock pot.

(I happen to like the stew meat better because of the fat- much moister and yummier)
Old 08-04-2010, 06:13 AM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

OK....gotta get my day going!! Stay on track everyone!!! We can do it!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:57 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning! Scale was down another full pound this morning. I really think I'm on to something with the CO!

Al, the kabob meat sounds delicious!! We have kabobs at work but they marinate them in a soy sauce so I won't eat them, afraid of all the sodium. If you're okay with portion control, you should try the CO bark. Isn't that hot flash that comes after consuming it, weird?!? I'm still getting used to the fact that it makes me sweat! I need to remember to use it topically on rough parts of my skin...

Congrats on the loss, Cat.

Dustin, you off to a good start this morning??

Getting ready for work now so I will check in with you all later...
Old 08-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
I'm back

Took a road trip with my daughter (6 states in 9 days ). Our main destination was Chicago- neither of us had ever visited the city (but we had been to the airport). So we did a lot of sight-seeing, eating (and yes, I had carbs) and drinking (just a little wine and a couple of beers). I was not good about drinking my water

Came back and got on the scale. I had gained 10 pounds - jumped right back on Stillman's on Monday and by this morning I had lost 6 of those 10 pounds.

My goals for August are:

Exercise 3 days a week
Remember my water!
Lose 10 pounds (from where I am now) - that will put me below 200 with a bit of a cushion.

My immediate goal is to go back and read the last few pages of the July thread and then catch up on the August chat. When I left we were on page 55 in July
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote