Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 10:04 AM   #841
Senior LCF Member
 
swebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 929
Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Gals, it has been an entire week. I know no one can come and cut off my fat for me and make it better. I am just venting. An entire week of a 1 lb loss. C'mon, that is worse than someone on Weight Watchers! But really I have no choice but to stay on Stillmans because if I cheat one little bit, I just gain it back at this point. I sooo want to get back to losing again. Even if it is just 5 lbs a week! I am doing things right, so what could be wrong? Does anyone have problems with a slowing metabolism, and what did you do to counteract it?
IF you go back and read thru my posts you will find that after a few weeks on Stillman's I stalled. It happens....I would lose 2-3 pounds in a week and then nothing for a week or 2. Then another Whoosh..... Then end result is that I AVERAGED around 10 pounds gone per month. No cheats but little exercise.

I do try and stay focused on the overall loss and not dwell on the daily or weekly loss - much better for my overall sanity and motivation. I have also kicked the scale to the back of the closet for 2 weeks. I used to be a daily weigher (sometimes 2x a day) and the fluctuations on the scale were really getting to me.

The coconut oil has helped my metabolism a bit and also exercising 30 minutes in the morning has helped. Our bodies do need time to adjust and you may be losing inches and not seeing that reflected on the scale. Fat does actually need to "melt" before it is flushed away or burned off. Hang in there - you will meet your goal - we are right here with you!
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2010, 10:05 AM   #842
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
AL: Stocking up the fridge!! That's what I did, too, day B4 yesterday. What a difference it makes to have the right choices available. Good for you!!!

I know what you mean about sweats covering up the cheats. For me, it brings on a huge case of the disease: DENIAL! I gotta get back to wearing tighter pants. Reality check.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #843
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ok peeps!! I'm still on plan--with an apple at lunch...just cos we have a huge bag of them and they are tasty!!! Apart from that no cheats!! But p..off scale cos I've lost nothing...not even a pound. It's not bothering me that much tho...I say stick to plan and eventually I'll lose!! (here's hoping anyway!) Gorgeous weather today, so I have an afternoon of coffee planned with the girls...who I haven't seen for ages!!! Oh yeah have my legs out in a short skirt...that peeps is big news for me!!! BBL
GT: Woo-Hoo for being able to wear a short skirt! Bet you look sooooooooo cute!! Try to not worry about the scale. The most important thing about LC is that IT BURNS STORED FAT. The same volume of fat compared to muscle or bone is very light. Yet it takes up much more space.

When you first start losing weight, the subcutaneous fat goes (that is the fat right under the skin that causes all our muffin tops, back cleavage, thunder thighs).

After that's gone as you continue LC your body starts burning up the intramuscular fat (between the muscles -- so you won't notice it as much on the scale) and then finally, the innermuscular fat (inside your muscles) and that would hardly be detectable for a while on the scale or the tape measure.

But, you body is still burning fat!!! That's what is important!!!

FIRST we gotta stop storing fat and making new stores of fat!!! Then we gotta start and keep burning fat up and getting rid of it.

You are doing great!!
__________________
Yam-Yam

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 08-26-2010 at 10:18 AM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:27 AM   #844
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
BTW: Any new names for September? We need something snappy. .something warm and fuzzy. ..September. . what can we say about it?
How about: "Stillman's Slender September Sweeties"?? or "September Stillman Slenderizing Strategies" "Stillman's Slender Strategies for September"

-Can't get off the alliteration kick!

"September Swoosh! w/ Stillman" ha! "Stillman's September Swoosh!" Ok, 'nuff.....

(Oh, BTW: death to dust bunnies!!! How's the cleaning going? I need to do that too! Don't want to, though!)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #845
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,661
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
How about: "Stillman's Slender September Sweeties"?? or "September Stillman Slenderizing Strategies" "Stillman's Slender Strategies for September"

-Can't get off the alliteration kick!

"September Swoosh! w/ Stillman" ha! "Stillman's September Swoosh!" Ok, 'nuff.....

(Oh, BTW: death to dust bunnies!!! How's the cleaning going? I need to do that too! Don't want to, though!)
I like the first one...I wanna be a slender September sweetie!

Last edited by makemeslim; 08-26-2010 at 10:34 AM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #846
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Makemeslim: Thanks so much for your posts. I so appreciate your honesty and you know we can all relate. That post you copied from another thread was very helpful to me. I am definitely trying to remember that the burning of stored fat is the most important thing and it does not always show up on the scale right away. Being a post-menopausal woman myself, I am in a very different place than I was even 10 years ago.

I used to be a fast loser. Big whooshes when I did Stillman's day after day.

Menopause kicked my butt and no matter what I tried, I gained, gained, gained.

Now the big M is finally over and I have become a slow loser. Took me a while to realize that, but I'm facing the truth.

I just read that shame has no place in this journey. It's very destructive and keeps us from even trying. So, don't be ashamed. We all fail we all fall but the most important thing is putting our disappointments in the past and getting up and starting over!!!

Get your head in the right place, then start again. And again - if necessary. And, again, and again and again!!!! I'm reminding myself this journey is not a straight line on a map. It's got u-turns, sharp curves, mountains and valleys!! But the destination is out their waiting for us. We just gotta keep going. Our health and well being depends on it!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:19 PM   #847
Senior LCF Member
 
smallerizing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 487
Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
YamYam: That sounds like Puumba from Lion King.

You gotta put your behind in the PAST!
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #848
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,878
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I am ashamed of myself...I blew it big time. I was doing so well...then suddenly I gained two days on the trot...then I lost my mojo and gave in. I was having trouble in the toilet department which was obviously causing the problem...but this knowledge did not stop me from feeling defeated, when I saw those numbers rising I just went into "what is the point...this is not working" mode. Now I am trying to get my head in the place where I can get back on it again...I have had a low carb day today with the view of returning to Stallman’s tomorrow. Gotta face the scale tomorrow and check out the damage.
Makeme.. welcome home.. We can do this together!!! you, me and the Doc have a date!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:32 PM   #849
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,878
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
makemeslim; Sounds like you are going to get back on the wagon! Good for you! I have to laugh about my being stalled again!! I have only lost 1 lb the entire week, I love it when you said "..of returning to Stallmans" Because instead of Stillman's it has been Stallmans for me! An entire week!!

Gals, it has been an entire week. I know no one can come and cut off my fat for me and make it better. I am just venting. An entire week of a 1 lb loss. C'mon, that is worse than someone on Weight Watchers! But really I have no choice but to stay on Stillmans because if I cheat one little bit, I just gain it back at this point. I sooo want to get back to losing again. Even if it is just 5 lbs a week! I am doing things right, so what could be wrong? Does anyone have problems with a slowing metabolism, and what did you do to counteract it?
willdo! I know exactly how you feel.. there are days when I really, really want to throw in the towel too and say what the heck.. (I'm a lifetime WW member ).. .But I realize that I have done this damage to my body and my metabolism and I just have to work that much harder. . I've been struggling with my thyroid and stuggling with this carb weigh of life. . However, the plus side is I know exactly what to do to keep my hunger at bay. . I feel better (no bloat). . and I know carbs are evil. .sugar is the devil and meat is a treat! Not really but we have to do what we can to convince ourselves. . Hang in there. . it'll come off. .perhaps a little slow. .but it will. . .
__________________
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "O Crap.. She's up!!!
Please be patient, God isn't finished with me yet.
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:39 PM   #850
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,878
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
[QUOTE=Yam-Yam;13830058]

IM2: Congrats on avoiding those snacks!!! Tell me your secret. DH wants me to go to our country club tomorrow night. They are having a live band on the veranda with lots of munchies and drinks. I told DH we need to eat before we go because there will be lots of chips 'n dip, carrot sticks with ranch dressing, stuff like that. Hope I can stick to a few bites of cheese and one glass of cabernet savignon.


QUOTE]

Drink a ton of water. . . chew gum. .eat before you go. . wear something a little snug or try spanx so you are aware.. bring a little something and throw it in your purse so if you really, really need it. . you'll know its there. . Wear heels (you'll stand straighter and taller). . .drink more water. . Tea. . Take some coconut Oil. .

You'll be fine. .you are a strong woman with lots of will power. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #851
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,878
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
I am such a loser. . No. . I mean that in the worst way this time.. I never did get to many dust bunnies. . I started computing. .then I had work to do (bookwork). .Then hubby came home and messed up my routine. .then the kids started fighting . .then my teenager got really, really mouthy with me (lost phone for 2 days. . it's worse on me than him!!). . So . .I decided to run to the store to "cool off" and here I sit at almost 5 without one to-do thing crossed off my list! Ugg. . why do I do this to myself. .OK. . I gotta get something done. . the laundry just ain't gonna wash itself. . ((((sigh)))))
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #852
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
[quote=IM2fat;13831324]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post

Drink a ton of water. . . chew gum. .eat before you go. . wear something a little snug or try spanx so you are aware.. bring a little something and throw it in your purse so if you really, really need it. . you'll know its there. . Wear heels (you'll stand straighter and taller). . .drink more water. . Tea. . Take some coconut Oil. .

You'll be fine. .you are a strong woman with lots of will power. .
Thank you!!! I never even thought about putting something in my purse that is "safe" in case I need it. Maybe some chicken strips in a zip lock sandwich bag?? Would that be too gross?? lol. Don't know about the heels. Afrain I might fall over! Especially since it's gonna be outside!! CO is a great idea. That usually makes me a little hyper; extra hot (I mean warm not hot-hot) and definitely un-hungry. Gonna go try on some snug fitting stuff that does not look awful and see how that will work.....
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #853
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 750
Gallery: ontopofmygame
IM2: Thank you for the encouragement. I have no choice but to stay no-carb. And I will do what I can to lose weight. My bloodsugar is really really good with no-carb and I am getting better daily. It is just that I want to get that breast reduction in December! I have 43 lbs to lose in order to qualify. Maybe I should not weigh myself for a few days.

Knowing I had 60 lbs to lose, to get there is somewhat of an inspiration. And hopefully when I go to the endo in LA he can figure out where my thyroid is at, that should help. I will be 51 Sept first, and maybe I should be taking bioidentical hormones, but I am not really willing to risk any future problems regarding hormones. Mother Nature knows best.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:25 PM   #854
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 750
Gallery: ontopofmygame
Yam Yam, Thank you for the "geology of fat loss"! I never knew!
I second Slender September Sweetie for next month. It gives a lot of good messages for us.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #855
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 750
Gallery: ontopofmygame
SWEBB: Thank you for the inspiration. I hope I lose more than 10 lbs a month so that I can get that breast reduction by December.

I think I will take a walk on the beach today, like an hour long walk and burn some calories in an inspiring place.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #856
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I am such a loser. . No. . I mean that in the worst way this time.. I never did get to many dust bunnies. . I started computing. .then I had work to do (bookwork). .Then hubby came home and messed up my routine. .then the kids started fighting . .then my teenager got really, really mouthy with me (lost phone for 2 days. . it's worse on me than him!!). . So . .I decided to run to the store to "cool off" and here I sit at almost 5 without one to-do thing crossed off my list! Ugg. . why do I do this to myself. .OK. . I gotta get something done. . the laundry just ain't gonna wash itself. . ((((sigh)))))
IM2: DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP!!! You are NOT a loser (in the bad way). Life happens especially when you make plans. Something that happens to me when life gets crazy is that I find, when I'm not even thinking about getting things done, (usually several days AFTER I had planned and tried to set aside time to get it done) ----- some kind of a wave will come over me. It's like the wind blows in a different direction, my desire to dust or wash/fold laundry, shine the floors, just washes over me when I least expect it!

My advice is don't force it if you don't have to. So what if the dust bunnies live another day! ha! They will be there waiting for you. When you force it, it's drudgery and takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!

When you are "in the mood" you can breeze through it in no time.

My own big example is cleaning the kitchen. I hate to go to bed and leave dirty dishes. But at night when I'm really tired it takes me an eternity to clean it up. In the morning, when I'm fresh, I can do it in about 10 minutes. Seriously! I've timed myself! Evening -- hour and a half. Morning - - 10 minutes.

I also play a game with myself. It's the "small" game. Do something small if you are feeling like you didn't accomplish anything.

Back to the kitchen example: If the counters are cluttered (which I absolutely cannot stand! ) and I don't have time or energy, I will tell myself "just do one small thing. Better than nothing." So, I will put away the box of Cheerios DH left out. Or, I'll just decide to only put everything in the trash that is trash like paper napkins, empty green bean bag and chicken bones. Most of the time something magical happens: One thing leads to another.

So, just do one dust bunnie. Do one every day for a week and seven will be gone!

Last week all my windows were dirty and looked gross. Especially since the grandies and grand doggie were here and the patio windows had kid prints and doggie slobber all over them. I hate cleaning windows!!! Finally decided after putting it off that I would only do the one that bugs me most. That's the patio window in my living room. Only took a minute. Looks much better.

The rest are still waiting and I don't care! Maybe tomorrow I'll decide that the kitchen window bugs me next and I'll do that one. then maybe I'll do one window every other day or even one a week until it's time to start all over again!!

Sorry to be preachy!! I just know how you feel -- overwhelmed and like every time you plan to catch up and dig out things just go in the opposite direction and the pit gets deeper.

Go with the flow, Sweetie. Your hubby and kids are the MOST important. I doubt if any person was ever on his/her deathbed saying, "Oh, my. What I wish the most is that forty years ago on a Thursday morning I wish more than anything that I had cleared out those dust bunnies."

But I'll bet if anything happened to your DH you might say, "Gee, that day he came home unexpecdedly in the middle of the day? I wish I would not have been annoyed with him. Wish I would have stopped everything and made him feel like the most important person in the world....."

OK! OK! I will shut up!!!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #857
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
SWEBB: Thank you for the inspiration. I hope I lose more than 10 lbs a month so that I can get that breast reduction by December.

I think I will take a walk on the beach today, like an hour long walk and burn some calories in an inspiring place.
Anything: Oh WOW!!! You have a beach????? Gee, I would LOVE to have a beach.


SHARON: Ditto to what Anythingwilldo said on the inspiration! You lost 10 pounds a month w/o exercise? That is so great!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:52 PM   #858
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,878
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
IM2: Thank you for the encouragement. I have no choice but to stay no-carb. And I will do what I can to lose weight. My bloodsugar is really really good with no-carb and I am getting better daily. It is just that I want to get that breast reduction in December! I have 43 lbs to lose in order to qualify. Maybe I should not weigh myself for a few days.

Knowing I had 60 lbs to lose, to get there is somewhat of an inspiration. And hopefully when I go to the endo in LA he can figure out where my thyroid is at, that should help. I will be 51 Sept first, and maybe I should be taking bioidentical hormones, but I am not really willing to risk any future problems regarding hormones. Mother Nature knows best.
I agree with you. . Mother Nature and simple = better! I was worried about my blood sugar but its been great (as has my cholesterol and tri. and all that other stuff) since I've been doing no/lo carb. . I've been on this for over a year. .haven't seen much movement on the scale but I still feel better and I have more energy and nothing is tight!. . I like that feeling much better than the alternative. . I'm gonna stick with it and someday I'll be an old skinny lady! hehehe
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #859
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,878
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Thanks Yam-Yam. (or Yum-Yum. .ehhehe. . ) see I"m still procratinating. . got on the computer again. .actually making Mr. Mouthy clear the dishwasher right now. .He just doesn't get it. . back talk like you wouldn't believe and then has the nerve to ask if he can do something. . and wants to argue when I say no! Kids.. I need 4 more, I guess!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #860
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Thanks Yam-Yam. (or Yum-Yum. .ehhehe. . ) see I"m still procratinating. . got on the computer again. .actually making Mr. Mouthy clear the dishwasher right now. .He just doesn't get it. . back talk like you wouldn't believe and then has the nerve to ask if he can do something. . and wants to argue when I say no! Kids.. I need 4 more, I guess!!
My mother had 10 kids. Can you imagine? One of my sisters has 13 kids and 47 grandkids!! Her youngest child is still at home! LOL! Count your blessings!!!

.......an old skinny lady.... You really got me with that one. If I keep keeping at this, I will be old and skinne!!!

I remember reading an Erma Bombeck column years ago (are you old enough to know who she was??) She always joked about her battle with weight. One of my favorite columns was entitled: "Can I be fat now?" and she told the story of how she was at a WW meeting that week. An old, chubby gray haired woman who looked to be about 85 and walked with a cane hobbled to the weigh-in area and struggled to get up on the scale. The whole article was about Erma's obsession regarding getting thin and wondering who wouldn't give an old woman a break if she is chubby. "Can I be fat NOW?" lol. I know I have that in a file somewhere. I'll have to dig it out some day and share it.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #861
Major LCF Poster!
 
becky123abc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,909
Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/165/160 5'5"
Hi all,
I'm checking in...still walkin' the Stillman's way...

I feel so good right now...I told my mom today, "If it takes giving up sugar and bread forever to keep feeling this good, I think it's worth it..."

Not to mention the lack of cravings...

I eat a grilled chicken breast and I'm satisfied...I feel like a "normal" person...not someone who can't stop eating...

I really like it here...I hope I can stay... : )
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #862
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
Gallery: IWillMakeIt
Is it alright if I join this thread? I'm shopping today to start Stillman's tomorrow. I've lost about 14 pounds following a regular 1,200 calorie diet in the last 6 weeks. My first week I lost 5 pounds and I've lost about 2 pounds a week since then. It's painfully slow! I'm ready to speed things up and start Stillman's!
IWillMakeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:36 PM   #863
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,878
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post

I remember reading an Erma Bombeck column years ago (are you old enough to know who she was??) She always joked about her battle with weight. One of my favorite columns was entitled: "Can I be fat now?" and she told the story of how she was at a WW meeting that week. An old, chubby gray haired woman who looked to be about 85 and walked with a cane hobbled to the weigh-in area and struggled to get up on the scale. The whole article was about Erma's obsession regarding getting thin and wondering who wouldn't give an old woman a break if she is chubby. "Can I be fat NOW?" lol. I know I have that in a file somewhere. I'll have to dig it out some day and share it.
Yes.. I definately remember Erma. . and I used to love to read her column. . . I always thought to myself. . Grandma's are supposed to be fat and happy. . .and I keep thinking. .when I get to be where I think I'm old. . can I be fat then? Naw. . .it'll just make me twice as grouchy. . not happy in the least little bit. .I better get my butt moving, then. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #864
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,878
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
I wanna be there, too, . Becks! Satisfied.. never normal . but satisfied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hi all,
I'm checking in...still walkin' the Stillman's way...

I feel so good right now...I told my mom today, "If it takes giving up sugar and bread forever to keep feeling this good, I think it's worth it..."

Not to mention the lack of cravings...

I eat a grilled chicken breast and I'm satisfied...I feel like a "normal" person...not someone who can't stop eating...

I really like it here...I hope I can stay... : )
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #865
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,914
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
[quote=Getting there!!!;13829005][QUOTE=CCGirl;13823701]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post

LOL can anyone tell me why I feel so skinny?


QUOTE]

You are sooooo lucky!!! Wish I felt like that, I'm jealous!!! Bet you look gorgeous!!
Oh and the 34inch leg.....I am unbelievably jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL, not lucky, just learning to appreciate what was once huge in the past to what it felt like at 200. Ugh, I am SO never going back there again.

The long legs are great but I'm high waisted-standing with arms at sides my waist hits about four inches above the elbow. TG long hemlines on tee shirts are in, the belly shirts made me look like a midget with Frankenstein legs attached!
..
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:40 PM   #866
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
IM2fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Lake State
Posts: 4,878
Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWillMakeIt View Post
Is it alright if I join this thread? I'm shopping today to start Stillman's tomorrow. I've lost about 14 pounds following a regular 1,200 calorie diet in the last 6 weeks. My first week I lost 5 pounds and I've lost about 2 pounds a week since then. It's painfully slow! I'm ready to speed things up and start Stillman's!
Welcome to the Party.. makeit!! You. .will. you will. .

We are all in the same boat with a little different story to tell... .We love Stillmans. you will be losing and feeling great in no time and the best part.. you can eat as much meat as you please! Just make sure it is Stillman approved! Good to have you on our team. .(The losing team, that is!)
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:41 PM   #867
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,914
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ok peeps!! I'm still on plan--with an apple at lunch...just cos we have a huge bag of them and they are tasty!!! Apart from that no cheats!! But p..off scale cos I've lost nothing...not even a pound. It's not bothering me that much tho...I say stick to plan and eventually I'll lose!! (here's hoping anyway!) Gorgeous weather today, so I have an afternoon of coffee planned with the girls...who I haven't seen for ages!!! Oh yeah have my legs out in a short skirt...that peeps is big news for me!!! BBL
OMG a skirt.........shorts........even leggings aren't in the picture for me.........yet!! Go you!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:42 PM   #868
Major LCF Poster!
 
becky123abc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,909
Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/165/160 5'5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I wanna be there, too, . Becks! Satisfied.. never normal . but satisfied!
Good point IM! Normal might not be the right thing to shoot for!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #869
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,914
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I just had a thought. .

We all need to re-visit our goals . . celebrate our victories and look at why we are doing this in the first place. Do it for you. . Do it to feel better, look better and living longer. . I'm going to read back to see if I can pick up some vibes. . (O. . procrastination on the bunnies. . guess I'll do that later. . ) But. .I need to focus on the positive and quit whining about what I did. . that's in the past. .I need to get over it and start anew. . Today. .Now. . This minute . . for me. .me ME!
Amen to that........let's not get caught up in the slip ups, get caught up in the smaller us!

I must confess, I don't care about all that healthy living longer crap....just give me my day in the sun with a string bikini, booty shorts and a halter, cigarrette leg jeans and platform Bandolino leopard print four inch pumps ...

I have the pumps stashed BTW.........

CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:09 PM   #870
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
CCGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3,914
Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I am ashamed of myself...I blew it big time. I was doing so well...then suddenly I gained two days on the trot...then I lost my mojo and gave in. I was having trouble in the toilet department which was obviously causing the problem...but this knowledge did not stop me from feeling defeated, when I saw those numbers rising I just went into "what is the point...this is not working" mode. Now I am trying to get my head in the place where I can get back on it again...I have had a low carb day today with the view of returning to Stallman’s tomorrow. Gotta face the scale tomorrow and check out the damage.
MMS, it's just a time out. Get back on the Stallwagon, wait a bit before hitting the scale. You have been here and done this, you can do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
makemeslim; Sounds like you are going to get back on the wagon! Good for you! I have to laugh about my being stalled again!! I have only lost 1 lb the entire week, I love it when you said "..of returning to Stallmans" Because instead of Stillman's it has been Stallmans for me! An entire week!!

Gals, it has been an entire week. I know no one can come and cut off my fat for me and make it better. I am just venting. An entire week of a 1 lb loss. C'mon, that is worse than someone on Weight Watchers! But really I have no choice but to stay on Stillmans because if I cheat one little bit, I just gain it back at this point. I sooo want to get back to losing again. Even if it is just 5 lbs a week! I am doing things right, so what could be wrong? Does anyone have problems with a slowing metabolism, and what did you do to counteract it?
Heck it's been a month for me-I have the metabo of a dinosaur...s l o w
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.