Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 04:44 AM   #811
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I agree!!!!!
Me too!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2010, 04:44 AM   #812
Big Yapper!!!!

Congrats on the loss, Anything!! All pounds add up!!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:45 AM   #813
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Yam--glad you're back with us again!!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:45 AM   #814
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Yam yam; I know you have to go, I just have to apologize for calling you yum yum, (that is where my head is at!) Hope you got a good laugh from it!
I laughed at that too!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:46 AM   #815
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Good Morning Ladies and Dustin!!! From my quick skim it appears everyone is doing well!! Great job you guys! I have to admit, my stats are the same. Guess thats better than being up some more!

Finally got all my food shopping done yesterday... lots of ground turkey and beef and chicken breasts! I have not had a stocked fridge all week and that had been part of my problem. That and the 4 bags of salad that hubby brought home for me when I only asked for 1. (the salad is making me eat up the french dressing and the dressing is making me eat the...nevermind) haha

You know, we've had cooler weather here so we have not been swimming and I even had to wear a sweatshirt for the last two days. Definitely helps to hide the cheats which is a very bad thing!! Im recognizing it and doing something about it!!!

Thanks everyone for staying so positive and getting the job done. You are all rockstars!!! Make the good doctor proud!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:46 AM   #816
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
Thanks Yam Yam! You're always so loving and supportive.

Well, here we go gals. Let's do this. It only takes a bite at a time and before we know it, we're there. Just do it! RIGHT!

I'm off to get my ckn and extra lean burgers. I'm gonna make all the food I need for the day and pack it in indiv. containers. I think if I do this I won't just take random bits of my daughters crud.

God bless all our efforts. WE CAN DO THIS!

Hugs,
Beth
Hi Beth!!! Love your Smiley!!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:47 AM   #817
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I am positive I'm gonna stick around for another month of losin!~!!
Yay you!!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:48 AM   #818
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
You don't want to know. . trust me. . besides. .they get stuck to your teeth, anyway. . . ucck
Oh but now I wanna know even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:49 AM   #819
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

. .Let's show wiggley stuff who's boss!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:50 AM   #820
Big Yapper!!!!

[QUOTE=Yam-Yam;13823241]GT: I'm so proud of you for not knowing what a Butterfinger is!!!

QUOTE]

Aaaaaagh.....someone tell me what it is....cos I know it sounds like something I would like.....and something the good Dr. wouldn't!!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:52 AM   #821
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Don't think I will use 100 in 60 days? Maybe?? lol.

Oh but those things are addictive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:55 AM   #822
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
How about a Hello Kitty wearing a pirate outfit?

I'm doing much better today. Woke up in a slightly better mood. My size 46 pants fits me better compared to last week! I'm raring to stay on the horse!

-Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:57 AM   #823
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Hi y'all, just a quick drive by while I catch from page 18!

Mom arrived Thursday from MIA and we are having fun, went to Coach on Saturday in the rain and have been rewarded with colds...ugh!

Down another two pounds, finally after stalling from the weight training. But I like those muscles and doing leg lifts is really trimming the saddlebags on my hips!

I am going to read all the posts and will be replying, albeit somewhat delayed, to all the good news I expect to hear from all you losers!
Yay on the loss CC!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:00 AM   #824
Big Yapper!!!!

[QUOTE=CCGirl;13823701][quote=Getting there!!!;13809589]

LOL can anyone tell me why I feel so skinny?

QUOTE]

You are sooooo lucky!!! Wish I felt like that, I'm jealous!!! Bet you look gorgeous!!
Oh and the 34inch leg.....I am unbelievably jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:04 AM   #825
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Good Morning Ladies and Dustin!!! From my quick skim it appears everyone is doing well!! Great job you guys! I have to admit, my stats are the same. Guess thats better than being up some more!

Finally got all my food shopping done yesterday... lots of ground turkey and beef and chicken breasts! I have not had a stocked fridge all week and that had been part of my problem. That and the 4 bags of salad that hubby brought home for me when I only asked for 1. (the salad is making me eat up the french dressing and the dressing is making me eat the...nevermind) haha

You know, we've had cooler weather here so we have not been swimming and I even had to wear a sweatshirt for the last two days. Definitely helps to hide the cheats which is a very bad thing!! Im recognizing it and doing something about it!!!

Thanks everyone for staying so positive and getting the job done. You are all rockstars!!! Make the good doctor proud!!!
Oh Al...you're online same time as me!!! Lots of hugs!! I really miss it when you're not around on the board!! can't stay on much longer cos in the libray!! xxxxx
Old 08-26-2010, 05:04 AM   #826
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post

I'm doing much better today. Woke up in a slightly better mood. My size 46 pants fits me better compared to last week! I'm raring to stay on the horse!

-Dustin
Hi Dustin!!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:08 AM   #827
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok peeps!! I'm still on plan--with an apple at lunch...just cos we have a huge bag of them and they are tasty!!! Apart from that no cheats!! But p..off scale cos I've lost nothing...not even a pound. It's not bothering me that much tho...I say stick to plan and eventually I'll lose!! (here's hoping anyway!) Gorgeous weather today, so I have an afternoon of coffee planned with the girls...who I haven't seen for ages!!! Oh yeah have my legs out in a short skirt...that peeps is big news for me!!! BBL

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 08-26-2010, 06:18 AM   #828
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post

-Dustin
Show that bucking bronco who's boss! Good job!~ Did you see my pony trotting a few paces behind you?
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:19 AM   #829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Ok peeps!! I'm still on plan--with an apple at lunch...just cos we have a huge bag of them and they are tasty!!! Apart from that no cheats!! But p..off scale cos I've lost nothing...not even a pound. It's not bothering me that much tho...I say stick to plan and eventually I'll lose!! (here's hoping anyway!) Gorgeous weather today, so I have an afternoon of coffee planned with the girls...who I haven't seen for ages!!! Oh yeah have my legs out in a short skirt...that peeps is big news for me!!! BBL
Weigh to go, GT! I bet you are looking hot, hot, hot!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:23 AM   #830
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning, Peeps!

My game plan for today. . coffee, water, water, water more coffee. .

Turkey (still cooking in the slow cooker)
Grilled Pork
Tuna

I also have chicken legs thawing which I will throw at the kids when they decide to eat. I'm such a bad mom. .feel like I haven't cooked in forever. I think I'll make them something today. .took the day off to get caught up on my housework. Anyone know how dust magically appears when you aren't looking? OMG. .my house is a disaster zone. .we've been running the roads all month and you can sure tell. .

Today, I shall slay a few dust bunnies with my magical sword. . .Does that count for exercise? No matter. .I'll be a fat, happy mom with a clean house. . now. . if I could only get off the computer and put my plan in action. . Mmmmm. .OK. .I'll check in later, peeps!

Have a glorious meat filled day. .

BTW: Any new names for September? We need something snappy. .something warm and fuzzy. ..September. . what can we say about it?
Old 08-26-2010, 06:26 AM   #831
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O and. . Just for the record. . I am so not 153 any more. . Yep. .scale prevailed. .I just had to know. . I think that means I'm more determined. . Heck. .that's about all I have any more. .determination! Hubby has to do a major "cleanse" tonight as he goes for the dreaded colonoscopy tomorrow. .Poor him. . this is sick. .but I was thinking about joining him on the cleanse part! He can't have anything but clear liquids today. . .is that wrong? I could consider it being supportive! :blush:

<------------ supportive Kitty!

Last edited by IM2fat; 08-26-2010 at 06:30 AM..
Old 08-26-2010, 06:33 AM   #832
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just had a thought. .

We all need to re-visit our goals . . celebrate our victories and look at why we are doing this in the first place. Do it for you. . Do it to feel better, look better and living longer. . I'm going to read back to see if I can pick up some vibes. . (O. . procrastination on the bunnies. . guess I'll do that later. . ) But. .I need to focus on the positive and quit whining about what I did. . that's in the past. .I need to get over it and start anew. . Today. .Now. . This minute . . for me. .me ME!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:34 AM   #833
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al! Thanks for jumping in. . I hate it when you aren't posting. .
Old 08-26-2010, 07:43 AM   #834
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
I am ashamed of myself...I blew it big time. I was doing so well...then suddenly I gained two days on the trot...then I lost my mojo and gave in. I was having trouble in the toilet department which was obviously causing the problem...but this knowledge did not stop me from feeling defeated, when I saw those numbers rising I just went into "what is the point...this is not working" mode. Now I am trying to get my head in the place where I can get back on it again...I have had a low carb day today with the view of returning to Stallman’s tomorrow. Gotta face the scale tomorrow and check out the damage.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:10 AM   #835
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
makemeslim; Sounds like you are going to get back on the wagon! Good for you! I have to laugh about my being stalled again!! I have only lost 1 lb the entire week, I love it when you said "..of returning to Stallmans" Because instead of Stillman's it has been Stallmans for me! An entire week!!

Gals, it has been an entire week. I know no one can come and cut off my fat for me and make it better. I am just venting. An entire week of a 1 lb loss. C'mon, that is worse than someone on Weight Watchers! But really I have no choice but to stay on Stillmans because if I cheat one little bit, I just gain it back at this point. I sooo want to get back to losing again. Even if it is just 5 lbs a week! I am doing things right, so what could be wrong? Does anyone have problems with a slowing metabolism, and what did you do to counteract it?
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:46 AM   #836
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Christine: Kudos and Happy Dance!!! -4 on the all-egg diet? Whoosh Fairy likes eggs!

Anything: How's the paper work going?? You are eating a massive amount of eggs, too, right? Don't start clucking or flapping your wings! Only kidding, you can if you want! We need to do what we need to do to get and stay healthy!!! Cluck away!!

IM2: Congrats on avoiding those snacks!!! Tell me your secret. DH wants me to go to our country club tomorrow night. They are having a live band on the veranda with lots of munchies and drinks. I told DH we need to eat before we go because there will be lots of chips 'n dip, carrot sticks with ranch dressing, stuff like that. Hope I can stick to a few bites of cheese and one glass of cabernet savignon.

CC: you are just full of info! Good stuff. Scary sometimes. You won't gain 8 pounds. You won't!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:47 AM   #837
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
makemeslim; Sounds like you are going to get back on the wagon! Good for you! I have to laugh about my being stalled again!! I have only lost 1 lb the entire week, I love it when you said "..of returning to Stallmans" Because instead of Stillman's it has been Stallmans for me! An entire week!!

Gals, it has been an entire week. I know no one can come and cut off my fat for me and make it better. I am just venting. An entire week of a 1 lb loss. C'mon, that is worse than someone on Weight Watchers! But really I have no choice but to stay on Stillmans because if I cheat one little bit, I just gain it back at this point. I sooo want to get back to losing again. Even if it is just 5 lbs a week! I am doing things right, so what could be wrong? Does anyone have problems with a slowing metabolism, and what did you do to counteract it?
Hi Anything. So, so funny... Stallman's was a typo...funny how the subconscious works. About the stalling...I read a post on the Atkins thread just now that really hit a cord with me...let me see if I can find it. Back soon...
Old 08-26-2010, 08:48 AM   #838
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi Yam--glad you're back with us again!!
Feels awesome to be back. Trying to keep all things in balance and just say NO to overcommitment that makes me crazy!!
Old 08-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #839
Major LCF Poster!

Anything...This was the post I read on the Atkins thread. I have been known to drop seven pounds over night...honestly...I really think there is something in this water, fat cell thing...Even if you have not had a huge loss, you could still be losing fat. Hang in there.

ketosis without weight loss? Don't dispair! By CharlieGirl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just recently rejoined these boards after almost four years away. I did Atkins before and lost twenty pounds. (I am post-menopausal and an extremely slow loser)

I have plenty of sympathy for those of you in ketosis who are not seeing a pay-off on the scale because I have been in that situation myself. But realize that this doesn't mean you are not losing fat! One of the oddities of Atkins is that sometimes when you are losing fat, your body thinks it will keep those fat cells at the ready by filling them with water. If you look around on these boards, I'm sure you will find many references to this phenomena. Anyway, maybe my experience will help you:

I went on Atkins for the first time about four years ago. It was June 1st. I lost about four pounds in the first week of ketosis; second week two pounds; then ... nothing!
Week after week I had the bad breath and metallic taste in my mouth so I knew I was in ketosis, but the scale stayed the same. The only thing that kept me on Atkins was inertia --- I had lost most of my appetite, which was nice, and the diet was actually easier for me than my normal way of eating, as far as food prep.

Still, for two months, no weight loss, not an ounce. Then, when I had given up hope and was not even weighing my self regularly (too depressing), I suddenly lost 10 pounds! No one loses 10 pounds of fat in one week unless they are starv-ing. "Something" strange happened. The next week I lost six pounds.

When I say I lost this weight I don't mean that it came off a little at a time through the week; it was one day there and the next day gone. Since that time I have had many people tell me of similar experiences. I hope you will stick to it and stay on the diet. Think of it as an experiment in this very (in my opinion) weird way of losing weight.

Last edited by makemeslim; 08-26-2010 at 08:59 AM..
Old 08-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #840
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh but those things are addictive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GT: So, do you, have you used ketostix?? Do you think they are helpful? Or just something to keep us busy? First day I bought them, I was already @ level 2 (of 6) and I had just been cutting down on carbs and upping the protein/fat for 1.5 days. Thought that was good. Yesterday I was level 4 and that was my "start" day on Atkins, all though I really was warming up by eating eggs, chicken and only a few veggies and fruits.

Atkins said most people are in deepest fat burning mode in the evening. But I'm showing that it's around noon. That's when the strips turn the darkest.

I got into "test mode" big time yesterday. When I started reading Atkins '72 I bought an inexpensive cholestorol testing kit because I was worried that too much beef, bacon, eggs, oil/butter might cos me cholestorol problems, which I do not have now and don't want to get!!!

Anyway, yesterday I tested my cholestorol @ 1:15 pm (after having steak, bacon and eggs for lunch!!) and it was 179 which is really good. Took my BP which was 119/69, also great! And, using my husband's blood glucose kit I tested for blood sugar and it was 90.

Very happy about those numbers!!! Thinking now that Dana Carpender, Atkins, Stillman and all the other LC Scientists are right!!! This WOE is good for our health!!!!! YAY! YAY! YAY! Very motivating!!