Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 07:45 AM   #601
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post

So those with kids, when do they go back to school??? Always a sign that the summer is wrapping up when the kids go off to school
Yeah--and it seemed so short!! Somebody actually said on the tv this morning (I'm getting into daytime tv--hee!) that Halloween was just aroud the corner!!! Whoa already!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2010, 07:46 AM   #602
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
What I hate is after you wait in the lobby for a while...then you go into the exam room and wait MORE!! I had to sit there in a pink paper robe for over AN HOUR this past week...the whole time being a little anxious...and wanting to get that pap smear over with!

That's just inconsiderate...IMPO.
a pink robe--cool!!
Old 08-20-2010, 07:47 AM   #603
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
<------- Doesn't my Avi just make you wanna dance or something. They look so happy. .
Yeah they are too cute!!
Old 08-20-2010, 07:49 AM   #604
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Hi Peeps!! Quick check in because I'm at work and Saturdays are always busy... well, I hope it's extra busy, gotta make that money while I still can!! I am still at sig. I have a confession too, I ate about 10 peanuts last night. Happy there's no gain, I'll take sig weight Yesterday was my 6 month anniversary. Down 78.2lbs in 6 months!! It's really slowed over the last month but I am ecstatic with my results!! I know my trip is going to set me back but I promise when I get back, I am back on track... In fact... You know how this forum can be so easy to avoid when you're being bad!?!? :blush: Well, IM2, if I give you my private email address, I was wondering if maybe you could email me, if you don't see me back on this forum by october 21st? I'll be back on the 15th but will give myself a few days to settle in. You're the only one who hasn't disappeared on me in the last 6 months so I have faith you'll still be here when I get back in October! I just know myself and after 6 weeks of eating whatever, that's exactly the type of situation that sends me running from here, coming back 2 years later, 80lbs heavier! I really need to do it this time, get to goal! you all. Have a great Stillman's day!
Awesome results Gwn!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 07:51 AM   #605
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
We will so be here when you get back . blabbing and blubbering cuz we'll miss you!

GT . . I was wondering about her.. I bet she's having a wonderful time and not giving us another thought. . .highly unlikely . . we are too darn unforgettable. . .
I was thinking about you guys!! Seriously it killed me--I even went looking for an internet cafe!!
Old 08-20-2010, 07:52 AM   #606
Big Yapper!!!!

[QUOTE=SquishyPunim413;13791717] So I'm on the computer doing what I do best....online shopping
QUOTE]

Bet I do it better!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 07:56 AM   #607
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok caught up on August!!!!!!! Wow I'm tired!!! Still have to read the end of July!!! Will do it tomorrow!!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #608
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Hooray! After a 3 pound gain and 1 day stall, I made it to 199! I have had an 18 lb weight loss since August 2nd and you all were a big part of it! I have 44 more lbs to lose. I really want that breast reduction surgery!
Laid off hot dogs again. (I stalled after hot dogs) No diet colas since the first few days of the diet. I think Stillman would have banned these had he known about the dangers of aspartame and that it eventually makes you gain weight. I also noticed that diet sodas are found primarily in the shopping carts of overweight people and no where to be found at in normal weight shopping carts.
What also helped was finding the exact portions of meat etc... Thanks you all!
Plan for a successful QWL weekend! I like the idea of making sure you have meat on hand.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:30 AM   #609
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mustang810
That's wonderful to be in onderland! I still haven't gotten on the scale yet. I get so discouraged when I get on the scale and it hasn't changed. Then I end up eating everything I can. So far I've done really good sticking to just meat and even made a turkey in the crock pot. So now that the weekend is here I just need to stay busy so I don't sneak in the kitchen and eat the kids cc cookies!
mustang810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #610
Senior LCF Member

Mustang810; Can you freeze the cookies, and then have them thaw out between breakfast and lunch on school days? And just have the cookies for their lunches? Just a thought. Maybe the kids can nosh on diet jello, which you can have. Jello could be the weekend desert? It could be so exciting for them with all the different flavors to choose from, but you will have to get soooo excited for them first. How old are your kids?
Old 08-20-2010, 02:58 PM   #611
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mustang810
Thanks I didn't even think about doing that. I have to say my boys are in high school and play football so they can eat anything without really caring about it being healthy or not. I have six children - only two are still home. They are 15 and 16. I have two daughters 21 and 23 and the other two boys are still in college and are 19 and 22. It still seems even the four being out of the house I'm still busy always doing this and that for them. I love doing things for them when they come home but it usually involves baking and fixing their favorite home made food instead of their college fast food. Tonight is football scrimmage so I think that will be fun to go watch. They are so excited it'll be neat to see how they do. Thanks for your idea on jello. I have some so I think I'll go make it for later.
mustang810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #612
Senior LCF Member

I would definitely freeze the cookies! There are some great Stevia recipes out there, and although being on Stillmans you wouldn't be able to partake, on your maintenance plan, you could. Some are online, and some books you could get at Amazon.
Food is such a part of the womans nurturing. But I just bet you, that even those 2 at home would back you on your diet, and explain that "I can have that too!", certainly they would be that compassionate? Its hard raising kids at that age, but ya know, they do have sensitive and ideal natures, so appeal to that beautiful aspect!!
Old 08-20-2010, 04:47 PM   #613
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Gettingthere! I'm so glad to read all of your posts!! You add so much to this group!

Anything, I'm so proud of you for getting to Onderland!!! There is something really special about that...I was there not long ago...it's great!!! Congratulations!

I'm happy to be at 180, but not I'm itching to see the 170's!! haha

I had two plain grilled chicken sandwiches from Wendy's today...minus bread or any other toppings...
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #614
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
I'm back

You would think with a computer geek for a husband that my computer and the internet connection here at home would be a TOP priority.....but nooooo

Well when the computer dies we were on page 14 - now we are on page 21!

Welcome back GT! We missed you!

My daughter got back from Europe last Thursday - she came bearing gifts - Belgium was her last stop - she brought back Belgium Chocolate and Ice Wine.... YUM. Yes, I did eat every last crumb and drank every last drop (it was a small bottle )

Weight is still at sig - sigh.....I keep bouncing to 200, 199, 198 and then back up....

I have started adding another day of exercise (Curves) and more water - also cutting back on the red meat. Hopefully this next week will see a permanent drop into ONEDERLAND.

I think stress is also preventing the weight from dropping like it had - I need to get a grip on that but it is so hard to do when I am the one that everyone Family) comes to for help, answers, venting, etc.

I am all set to grill a BUNCH of chicken, turkey and fish this weekend - what is everyone else doing??
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:37 PM   #615
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
O my goodness.. where are my peeps! I'm really starting to feel neglected.... I'm going between . .and Check in. . check in. . check in. . . You know this is the only place for losers to congregate. . ..

I'm going off to cry and shall check in. ..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:41 PM   #616
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Webb.. thank you . thank you .. stay checking in. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:36 AM   #617
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan$$
Stats: now: 160 (estimate)/120
WOE: stillman's
Start Date: restarting 18 April 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Becky--you will def get to the 150s. I have no doubt at all--look how far you've come! Stick with it girl!!
I know how you feel Becky, i am below 155 but feel 'why did I do this?' too.

Past is past, future is mystery and present is a gift.

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE - KEEP ON TRUCKIN'
Susan$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:07 AM   #618
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
I am slinking back, my head held low. i was captured by aliens who did experiments on me which involved lots of carbs. Well, ok, that was a lie. No aliens - I have done this to myself. Life threw me a curve ball and then another and another. I can't even say I'll be back on track for the next few days because I have an international guest. But I have exercised and will continue to do so and I'll be back on track as soon as my guest leaves - sometime this week.

IM - I haven't weighed. It actually has helped. I'm not off plan because I'm not weighing. But I'm not as depressed as I usually am when I've been out of control. And I've had some on plan days. i hopw to at least break even or lose a pound by Sept. 2 and then whatch out - I'll be a losing machine.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:13 AM   #619
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you so much Susan and GT! I am so happy this morning to see 179! Maybe it is a possibility!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan$$ View Post
I know how you feel Becky, i am below 155 but feel 'why did I do this?' too.

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE - KEEP ON TRUCKIN'
Old 08-21-2010, 06:54 AM   #620
Big Yapper!!!!

[QUOTE=swebb;13811957]

My daughter got back from Europe last Thursday - she came bearing gifts - Belgium was her last stop - she brought back Belgium Chocolate and Ice Wine.... YUM. Yes, I did eat every last crumb and drank every last drop (it was a small bottle )

QUOTE]

Belgian choc----yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!!!!!

What is it with our laptops, computers and internet connections--ya think someone's trying to tell us something!!!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 06:55 AM   #621
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan$$ View Post
love it!!
Old 08-21-2010, 06:57 AM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

Some Saturday Morning Ramblings...

In the cabinet in my bathroom I keep old wall calendars...from the past 5 or so years. I pulled out 2008 this morning and was looking at all the times and places I recorded my weight.

In January of 08, I weighed 197 and joined Jenny Craig. I was happy on JC, but it was hard...and very expensive ...and after about 5 months I tired of the foods and started to eat "normal" again. I lost to about 167 lbs.

One thing that really ticked me off and let me know I was through with JC was when the counselor called and left a voicemail that said, "Becky, you need to come back in...I can practically "HEAR" you gaining your weight back!"

I thought, "That's not a very encouraging thing to say..."

So from about August - June of 10, I started my upward climb...actually the whole year of 09 I hovered around 200 lbs. I knew when I started to gain past 200...in a steady rise, I knew I had to do something.

Then I started reading this wonderful thread...and MSgirl told me how wonderful Stillmans is.

In some ways, I feel so proud that I have lost 30 lbs with no money spent on some program. (I did JC, Nutrisystem & WW before)

I feel so glad that my desire for food doesn't control me...I can eat some meat and feel nourished and satisfied...

(I do dream about food a lot...and that makes me wonder why...Some of those cheat dreams are so real, I wake up and feel like I'll have a gain...and I have to remind myself it was just a dream."

I feel a little scared...about how one day I'll want to be in maintenance and I'm not sure what that will be like.

I also feel a little guilty because I haven't been exercising (Other than walking up and down the halls at school)...I need to get this body moving.

Overall, I sure do feel better...I'm still doing the CO/CL shots...That really seems to help with my energy and appetite.

I started drinking diet coke again this past week...I had pretty much stopped for about a month...a nice after school treat...I love the taste of a big fountain drink/diet coke.

I'm reading "Confessions of a Carb QUeen" by Susan Blech. I bought it on a whim and from the look of the cover, I thought it was going to be a lighthearted look at living the LC way. But the first few chapters let me know I was very wrong...it's her memoirs and it's a tragic story of her life as a 400 or so pound woman...

It makes me just stop and wonder why food is such a struggle for us women...

I know some of it has to do with will power...but more and more I'm wondering how much of it has to do with the way foods are prepared...what kind of chemicals are in there and what's it doing to our bodies that makes us want to eat more and more and more...

I know I can't say, "I've found the answer..." Just "One day at a time..."

I'm so glad when I called the Weight Loss Doctor in June...I'm so glad they told me they couldn't see me until July 15, and I thought to myself, "That's SIX weeks away! -- I might as well check out Stillmans!" I'm glad I didn't start Addipex...

Ok, enough of my popcorn thoughts this morning...I have to take my 5th grader to a bowling party!

Blessings to you all!
Becky
Old 08-21-2010, 07:01 AM   #623
Big Yapper!!!!

peeps!! Wehere is everybody????? Seriousle a whole day and 3 or 4 posts-this is not good!!!!!!!!!
I was bad yesterday (hanging my head in shame!) It involved a chicken flatbread sandwhich, crispbreads (!!) and 2 apples!! Yeah it could have been a lot worse cos boy was I craving chocolate........I gotta get back into it!! I dunno what's wrong with me, my fridge is all stocked up with meat and everything!!
Bought an exercise bike yesterday ( i miss mine) and my better half is putting it up now (at least he better be!) so that will be good cos exercise really kills my cravings!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 08-21-2010, 07:06 AM   #624
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok have one more confession--ate 2 mini Oreo cookies and had a skinny latte this morning!!!! I've never had Oreos before (they're good (unfortunately!!)Oh well!! I'm back on plan now again!!
Met a friend of my Mum's yesterday who said oh you've lost so much...blah blah etc... then she asked me 3 times exactely how much have you lost?? I was like oh I don't really weigh (Ha!! I love weighing me!)She goes but everyones weighs, you must know!!I wanted to smack her one and go mind your own business you nosey cow!! But I didn't!!
Now peeps, ye are the only ones in the world who know what a weigh!!
Old 08-21-2010, 07:06 AM   #625
Big Yapper!!!!

Going to read the rest of the July posts!
Old 08-21-2010, 07:21 AM   #626
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok I've caught up!! Yay!!!
Just wanna say Al--wow that your 3 and 5 yr olds are so compter savvy!!!!!!!
Sorry about the haircut, Im2--I hate that they always chop so much off!
Old 08-21-2010, 07:22 AM   #627
Big Yapper!!!!

Still at the library computer so won't be checking in tomorrow!! Will say hi on Monday tho!!
Old 08-21-2010, 07:23 AM   #628
Big Yapper!!!!

P.S. I think I've become a real page hog!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:49 AM   #629
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
scale was UP again this morning....grrrrr I think it has to do with the fact that I am NOT taking my own advice and eating 5-6 small meals a day. Life has just been too hectic lately and I am falling back into the bad habit of not taking care of ME!

Well, no more! Tuna pouches are back in the purse and water bottles are everywhere. The last couple of weeks I have been drinking 3/4 of my liquids in a 2 hour period - between dinner and bedtime (makes for several bathroom trips during the night).

I have also been bad about taking my vitamins (Al are you listening???) so I have spent some time and laid out a weeks worth in one of those pill containers.

I just have really slacked off on being prepared and that has hurt the weight loss big time.

I really do know better - my results prove that. Someone please come down here and kick my butt back in gear......
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:23 AM   #630
Senior LCF Member

swebb; I am glad you are back on board. I joined lo carb friends about three weeks ago. I am now, this morning, experiencing the 199-200 bounce. And I have not cheated, in fact, I am more on track with the original Stillmans now that I have the portions he gave in 1968. I feel upset this morning because I had to strip down entirely to get to the 199.4 mark, but still made it. That does mean a 0 lb loss and I walked an hour on the beach and used rebounding and did everything to a T. So I hope I make up for it in the next few days. I am not going give up. I will keep looking at the prize. Hang in there.

To everyone; Eighteen lbs in three weeks isn't bad, but I was hoping more for 25-30 as i have not cheated and have been drinking all my water. Well, If I lose another 17 lbs by the 2nd, I will have lost half of my goal weight loss in a month. I am crossing my fingers! I am also not going to eat after 4 pm. I will be hungry at night, but I can drink all the water I want! I am learning to be thankful through my frustrations. : )