Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Adi: What is your loss to date?
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2010, 06:31 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Good Morning Peeps!

Scale was down 1lb today!! Agggghhhhh yes!! Finally got to change my stats after like 2 weeks. Had my usual menu yesterday of eggs, chicken and burgers. Guess what, today will be the same. It's a good thing I don't tire of eating the same things

IM2, What kind of vinegar are you marinating your meat with?? It just clicked with me that yeast thrive on vinegar so that if you were doing the CO and the Probiotics, you'd cancel them out with the vinegar consumption, unless it's ACV w/ the mother. Of course, you may have no candida issues at all and maybe that's why you've had no die off... But I blame red wine vinegar and white wine for really aggravating my candida issues right before I went on the cleanse. I consumed both for several days in a row before I broke out in that rash and got the bloated belly.

I wonder how the CO is working for Swebb... I know she was having great success with it.

Where are our peeps when we need them to check in!?!?

Gotta get ready for work, have a great day everyone!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:55 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Happy August 1st! My goals for the month are:

eat on plan
don't weigh
smile, be happy

Simple, eh?
right on! that's perfect!

Sorry I wasn't around this weekend, busy hunting and gathering! Helping DBF with the last eave on the barn, soon she will be all enclosed and we can move our junk out of the house!

Gwn, soooooo cool you are eating beef, veggies and cheese and still losing! I do it on the weekends-off plan days. Slower loss but still a loss.

Starting the month at 174 I would like to be at least 168 by month's end.

Off and running!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:16 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cat430
Stats: 5'3ish 160/147.2/110
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart March 14 2011
Starting over, of course I am its Monday.

My goals are to:

1. Stay on track
2. Exercise
3. Drink more H2O
Cat430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:25 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/190/160 5'5.5"
Hi all!

I'm back at 185 ... after a two pound gain...glad to be back but ready to get on down the road some more!

I heard a man being interviewed who promotes Watercure2...he believes that if you give up caffiene, alchohol & soda...and drink water and have sea salt...you can be cured of just about anything....anyone familiar with this?? I know it sounds like one of those "too good to be true things..."

I could give up soda...but caffiene....I love my coffee...something to think about though...

My husband thinks I'm so weird...with my obsessions with CO and my weird eating...why not add something else??

Love to you all!
Becky
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:03 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
IM2FAT - I am down 12 pounds since I started Stilllman but I am back on LFL for the past 2 days. Today is my protein day which will be Stillman for the day and every Monday. LFL is low fat but allows measured portions of other foods but has a one day a week lowfat protein day which is Stillman. So I do Stillman one day a week and LFL 6 days a week unless I stall out.
I have always had good luck combining the two diets. We shall see if that remains to be true. As long as I weigh and measure my foods that is.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #37
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good afternoon! I hit the floor running this morning. I had a contact check then a hair cut. We went out to eat and since I got home I have been a cleaning madwoman! I'm on my third try with the contacts. If these don't work, I'm going back to glasses. My hair looks good. But getting it cut every six weeks is tough! And in reality, it could use a monthly cut. It grows fast.

I had meals out yesterday and today. I'm on plan but probably more carbs than I like to admit. But I won't be eating out for quite sometime so I should be able to stay just meat for a few weeks!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #38
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gwen, back in 72-73 when I was in college and Atkins hit the scene, I would grill a big hamburger once or twice a day and eat it with lettuce. I lost a lot of weight! You are doing great!
Old 08-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #39
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

IM - how is the no weighing going? I must admit that I'm curious as to what my body is doing, but I am more excited to weight 'till September!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:30 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm embarrassed and I hate even logging in today but I promised myself I would be accountable no matter what. I really struggled today. . I have felt like a bloated beached whale for the last 2 weeks or so. . I was positive it was PMS (and I was correct) because I finally started today. . So now I am bloated, crabby and tired! Ugg. . I gave into some of my cravings today which only made my problem worse! I need your strength peeps. . I have to get over this hump. . feeling this way just reminds me of the way I used to feel every day and I hate it! This same feeling has had me for almost 2 weeks now and I can't stand it. My shorts feel tight. . my stomach is poking out there and I just feel horrible. . I've had bad hair (I even got a haircut and that made it worse. .). . My clothes feel like yuck and I've been sweating like a pig (No air in my car) which makes my day even worse. . I guess I'm just feeling a little sorry for myself but I dont' know what to do to snap out of it. I plan to go to bed soon and think about the positive things I can do for myself. . I will be strong and I will do better tomorrow. . I have the rest of the month to get it in gear. . . Amen to that. . gonna go pop a midol and hope for happy dreams!

Last edited by IM2fat; 08-02-2010 at 06:32 PM..
Old 08-02-2010, 06:34 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats Mim. .Keep me in line, K? I have to do this. . I can't stand feeling this way and I am scared of my scale at the moment. . glad I don't have to weigh for a while, yet. . I think it would push me over the edge. .

OK. . I"m better. . thank you for letting me vent. .I'll plan not to whine so much tomorrow. . I'll take lots of drugs so I feel better
Old 08-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gwn:Maybe you are correct. . I never thought of the vingegar.. What makes the ACV better, I wonder? Seeems to me with the fermented apple.. mMMmm. . I can't think straight tonight. .
Old 08-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #43
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Here's the thing, IM - most of us, if not all of us (including you, Dustin - this isn't just a "girl" thing!) have felt the way you are feeling - both physically and emotionally. We know what we gotta do to feel better, and we know it is hard to do! Be gentle with yourself. Treat yourself the way you would treat one of your kids - you wouldn't beat up on them emotionally speaking, so don't beat up on yourself! Find the strength you need. There is always someone here who is on plan, lean on us. 'Cause there is a time a comming when we will need to lean on you. Not weighing until Sept. 2 means that silly numbers can't dictate your mood. At least not till the 2nd when it will cause you to jump for joy because you will have lost weight!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #44
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

And here is a piece of concreate advice I can give you. Make peace with your hair! The quote comes from "Something More", by Sarah Breathnach. It is advice that has served me well. I always wanted different hair. My hair was never "worthy" and for years had been the bain of my existance. And then Breathnach's words hit home. I have found styles I love and paid dearly for them. But as said to Dustin about spending extra money on designer frames - it is well worth it. It is impossible to feel good about how we look if we feel like our hair is horrible. And I have found that feeling that my hair looks good has helped me feel good about the way I look while I'm working on looking better! So, please my friend......make peace with your hair. Even if you have to spend mega bucks to get a style, once you get it, you can find someone "cheaper" to maintain it!
Old 08-03-2010, 01:28 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MIM: (((hugs))) Thank you. . considering I'm up at 4:15 in the morning. . how can it possibly be a bad day?. I woke up with new energy and will Do it Now!! Going to take a nice hot bubble bath and sip my coffee before I pick out a nice, cool outfit to wear to the office. . Heck. .I might even color my roots this morning. .

OK. .just wanted to check in and report that I feel better and shall not whine today. .My mission is to smile all day long. .
Old 08-03-2010, 04:55 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Mim, you are right...hair is HUGE! If I feel like my hair looks good, I feel great about myself...but if I'm having a bad hair day...ugh...

IM, you have a great attitude this morning! That will make for a good day for you!

I had the worst cheat dream this morning...I woke up and had to make sure I hadn't eaten wrong...that is so weird. I always have cheat dreams when I start a plan...but I've been doing this going on my 8th week...I figured I'd be past that. I was so glad to wake up and know I am still on the straight and narrow! Do any of you have dreams where you ate a bunch of stuff you shouldn't have?

We had a work day at school yesterday...I got a few, "You've lost weight!" comments...that was nice!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:14 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Good Morning Everyone!!! My turn to whine, but first the good stuff:

Gwn and CC - Congrats on the losses!!! Lovin the new low stats!! How low can you go!!! woohoo! You can do it!!!

IM2 - Great spirit for 4:15 in the morning. Sorry you had a rough day, but you always come out on top!!!

Mim- Thanks so much for your inspiring posts. You are doing so well. You are a superwoman without those lunch dates!! Great job!

Becky- dont worry if the scale bounces. Its totally nerve racking when you are doing everything right but it always comes back down. You are also doing great!!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 08-03-2010 at 06:15 AM..
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:19 AM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I heard a man being interviewed who promotes Watercure2...he believes that if you give up caffiene, alchohol & soda...and drink water and have sea salt...you can be cured of just about anything....anyone familiar with this?? I know it sounds like one of those "too good to be true things..."
I agree with this man, but I guess Im willing to stay ill....there was this very short period, like two weeks where I gave up everything, except meat and water. I felt amazing, REALLY AMAZING.... but it wasnt enough to keep me from it.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:35 AM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

So I dont do well with this "do not weigh thing". This is what went on in my head..mind you, when it comes to carbs, I dont think straight...ha.. I figured, well, I dont have to weigh till the end of the month, so if I cheat today, and maybe tomorrow, it doesnt matter because I know I can still get to goal by the 31st...bad,bad,bad...Im shaking my own finger at myself!!

I did try the salad thing for a few days, and it was really good, but I have to be strict, I have to be meat. I got up at 2:00 in the morning "to check my crockpot of kabob meat" and had a slice of potato bread and cheese. you know, folded in half!!! and because it was today when I had that cheat, I woke up and put cream in my coffee...and my daughter gave me a bite of her waffle. can it get any worse!! mixed emotions here..

I've noticed with all my downfalls lately that my breath is actually worse. I know nothing can compare to ketosis breath, but I think carb breath really rots.

I hope that the Stillmans diet hasnt run its course for me. Im worried I need to find a new one to try to get back my mojo..problem with that is, Stills is the answer for me. You cant get quicker results! It was only 3 short months ago that everything in my world was right..Want and need to get back there.

I probably shouldnt hit submit...I should erase it and throw something happy out there...maybe TOM is screwin with me....

Thanks for listening. I know what needs to be done and that includes eating my stew meat at 9:35 in the morning!!!

luv u guys!!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:39 AM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

So for anyone out there that doesnt always have it together... YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! The good news is, a new day always comes to get the job done and do it even better!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:41 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Al, I appreciate you sharing your candid thoughts...it's a journey and we're all somewhere along the same road...I think reading and posting here is vital to our success.

Your stats are remarkable!!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:43 AM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Its a fun week for me and the kids: Yesterday was Chucky Cheese and swimming, today were going furniture shopping for a "big girl" bed and the store has a mini movie theatre and merry-go-round. (I was finally able to convince them to go shopping!) I could just imagine what the prices are gonna be for a place that has a merry go round!!, but Im good at window shopping..Tomorrow is a beach day( I'll be wearing a cover-up) with some of the moms and kids from school, and Thursday, we're going to an amusement park! No wonder I dont have the $$$ to get my hair done..... but its all good if the kids are happy!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:45 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Al, I appreciate you sharing your candid thoughts...it's a journey and we're all somewhere along the same road...I think reading and posting here is vital to our success.

Your stats are remarkable!!
Thanks Becky!! Its amazing how good it feels to get it all out.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:48 AM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

In the spirit of starting over...Im going to down a shot of coconut oil. Its expired by a few years but it'll have to do....looks right...and its never been opened... I will sniff it first...
Old 08-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #55
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Al, I hear you on the no weigh for a month thing. I am doing it because weighing every day was causing me to mess up. But in the past, not weighing meant that I was not on plan. Becky is right - we need to be where we are! It is a journey and some paths will work and some won't and some may work for awhile or will work later. I am strong right now, but as you all know, that has not been the case and may not be the case in the future. I firmly believe that it is only by being honest here - the good, the bad, the ugly carby truth, that we are going to get to goal. And for me at least, goal is more than a number on the scale, it also includes getting a better relationship with food.

And btw - enjoy this week with the kids! What fun times!
Old 08-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
Okay Ladies!

I am having a DEVIL of a hard time sticking with this diet. I did it last year and I know that I can do this again!! I start but when I go home, I fall off the horse because all of those fast food places I can dash into.

Tomorrow is a new day. I will go to store and STOCK up on foods... if I have to spend $50 on food then I will! I need to get back on the plan because it worked great before.

-Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:56 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Well, it's time for me to fire up both of my crockpots!!
Old 08-03-2010, 07:58 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

That Egg Drop soup sounds good... maybe I gotta try that. What is a legal "broth" to get?

-Dustin
Old 08-03-2010, 07:59 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Please tell me more about this Gorton's that I've been reading about and what in the heck is this CO?

-Dustin
Old 08-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Dustin! Buy $50 worth of beef! It will help ease you into the meat thing, and then if your results arent good enough, (but they will be)you can later switch to tuna later. Take it from me and Gwn...and the others. It will work.

(Im taking my own advice too! We can do this!!)

BTW peeps- I ate the CO....it was in the fridge so at first I was scraping it out and it looked like shaved coconut, but then I used a knife to chop out a chunk....chewed it up, held my nose, ultimately washed it down with water...mustve been an interesting site, but my lips are nice and moisturized!