Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 06:14 PM   #541
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Clothing Advice!!

Okay, tomorrow I'm going to see my boyfriend for the first time in 4 months!! I have only lost about 12 lbs...BUT that's still 12 lbs that aren't there anymore!! Now I want to wow him when I see him...so I'm trying to pick out an outfit....I have jeans...that look nice....or I have leggings...that go up to my ankles...but I have sausage legs!! lol Short stumpy little legs. What to wear?! I have a whole outfit picked out with the leggings..but its black black black! Looks like I'm going to a funeral (G-d forbid!) Any opinions?...I'm really short (4'10") so it's hard to find clothes that look nice!

Ashley

9/17- 8.1 lbs down...37.4 more to go!
9/18- 9.3 lbs down...36.2 more to go!
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2010, 07:11 PM   #542
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
Okay, tomorrow I'm going to see my boyfriend for the first time in 4 months!! I have only lost about 12 lbs...BUT that's still 12 lbs that aren't there anymore!! Now I want to wow him when I see him...so I'm trying to pick out an outfit....I have jeans...that look nice....or I have leggings...that go up to my ankles...but I have sausage legs!! lol Short stumpy little legs. What to wear?! I have a whole outfit picked out with the leggings..but its black black black! Looks like I'm going to a funeral (G-d forbid!) Any opinions?...I'm really short (4'10") so it's hard to find clothes that look nice!
Really. ..and I'm old fashioned. . but you can't go wrong with a black skirt! Seriously. . . I think you should go to a second hand shop and spend the afternoon trying on different things you normally wouldn't wear. . I really found that my style changes with every pound. . A flouncy skirt with T even looks nice.. Can you wear sleeveless? What about a flowing sundress. .if you find one with a nice waist . .it can make you look longer and leaner. .I have a dress (can't do sleeveless myself) . that is rather fitted at the chest but flows nicely over the stomach. . makes me look 10 pounds lighter. . really .. go out and try on several things. . you just never know. .I have some very flatter blouses that I would never look at 10 pounds ago. . also. the rule (I heard on what not to wear. .) is never cover your girly parts. . (south) cuz it makes you look shorter and wider. . (and it does. . I never realized it) . .and try dark wash for pants, skirts, etc. . solid color with a splash thrown here and there (like scarf. .) . ..Hope it helps. .keep us posted! I am sure no matter what you wear. .he'll just be thrilled to see you. . remember . .guys never pay attention to that stuff. . Trust me. . after 18 years. .hubby doesn't even know what size I wear. .
Old 08-18-2010, 07:18 PM   #543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
How do I get rid of my blubbery arms? lol I HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE them I've been using my little weights everyday but it doesn't seem to be working! I don't like wearing tank tops or shirts that show them...blech.
you and me both, lady. . IDK . I've been doing the shake weight but plan to work on them when I get closer to goal. . working on Ms. belly right now ..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #544
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

By the way Squishy. . I am so happy you get to see your honey. . .I wish mine would go away so I could miss him a little bit. . sometimes we take our loved ones for granted. .
Old 08-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #545
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. .I'm getting concerned . where are all my peeps! I was happy to log in and see some new inspiration, though. . Welcome. .wlcome. .

I'm feeling a little out of sorts tonight so please forgive me, in advance, for anything I may or may not say. . .just heard they have to cut 8 % more from our budget (after already doing 10) and I just happen to be low man. . . Not sure what is going to happen. .thankfully I'm not union (those are the first to go) but there is no guarantee in anything any more .. . my family would be devastated.. . its been a long, long 5 years of transition and our business is still in its infancy. . .Well. . I'll pray. . that's all I can do right now. .

Al. . I need some promising words . .

Gwn. .where are you hiding. .

Dustin. . you better check in or I'm gonna find you. . . .

CC. . need a joke or two

GT.. I still miss you. .

Nermo. . I really miss you. .

Sharon ??? Wahhhhh

O goodness. . I just want all my peeps around me. .go ..go. .go. .who's losing?
Old 08-18-2010, 07:39 PM   #546
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
By the way Squishy. . I am so happy you get to see your honey. . .I wish mine would go away so I could miss him a little bit. . sometimes we take our loved ones for granted. .
Thanks for your clothing help! I need a Stacy London and Clinton to come help me! I may go shopping tomorrow since he won't be home till almost midnight! My wardrobe is like 80% black (because black is always slimming!)

We've been dating 3.5 years...and he's been away for a year (back every 4 months for about 2 weeks)...it's really strengthened our relationship. As cliche as the saying "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" It's so true! I just really want to look good for myself! I want to feel confident around him too. I'm always covering up and embarrassed, although I know I shouldn't be, especially in front of him! But I think once my weight is where I want it to be, it will help my self confidence! Recently got breast implants...went from a AA-D (haha oops!) And that has DEFINITELY helped boost the self confidence...but I still need that extra push over the hurdle to feel good about myself.

Birth Control has really been killing me. I stopped gaining and kind of have been the same for the past few days...hoping to jump over that hurdle too! I took a water pill tonight to stop the extra water bloat but I don't think it was such a hot idea because I'm feeling kind of nautious tonight...hopefully it will wear off soon! Once my hunni comes home I'll probably be MIA for about 2 weeks (I'll try and pop in!) But I'll be glued to his hip for the whole 2 weeks!!

Thanks for all the support XoXo
Old 08-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #547
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Black is sexy anyway. . just get yourself some red heels and you will have him eating out of your hand. . or lap. . .or wherever else you'd like. .

I love black and so does my wardrobe. ... You better check in while your honee is here. . I need to live vicariously through my peeps! its been too long since I was in the dating mode!!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 08-18-2010 at 07:52 PM..
Old 08-18-2010, 08:01 PM   #548
Senior LCF Member

Random

I know this is so random but I just came across this and thought it was so special...I'm in the special education field...and it touched my heart so I wanted to share it..plus the little boy is super cute!

Old 08-19-2010, 12:19 AM   #549
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Squishy; Everything with the BF will go great! Your smile and glow will outshine any outfit!
I was in Sears today returning some shoes, and I looked at the Jr section; Everything was black and the cashier was wearing all black, and the people in line wore black!! Black is in apparently!! Just add a splash of color with the scarf is good advice from IM2Fat
Thank you also for he cool video on the special needs child. So nice to end the day that way!!
Another Stillman day has come to an end. I am hoping for more information on how vlc affects the thyroid, and when I should start adding lc veggies.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:55 AM   #550
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan$$
Stats: now: 160 (estimate)/120
WOE: stillman's
Start Date: restarting 18 April 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Susan$$: Thank you for the encouragement.

Can anyone please tell me what the Stillman cheese and canteloupe diet is? I have never heard of this by Stillman, he was very anti-fruit. Can anyone please enlighten me?

By the way, I did find the thread for the original Stillman diet. It was a Godsend.
Thank you!!!! I never did have cheese in 1975 skim milk or otherwise, so this is new.
Stillman has a bunch of other diets in the same quick weight loss book. He warns that they will be a bit slower than QWD but he says any of them will work. With the cantaloupe and cottage cheese diet you eat moderate portions of those foods 6x a day. Basically he tells us keep the cals between 900-1200 and you will lose weight.
Susan$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:38 AM   #551
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Getting there: Glad you are back on track again. It takes more willpower to come back after a fall. And you had the experience you had and enjoyed it and was not sorry. That is good because I think that depression subconsciously packs on the pounds for some. (The body mind is powerful). It sounds like you are on your way!! Skinny clothes!! Yes!
Hi Anything! I must have missed you joining while I was away!!
I'm a little bit sorry that my jeans are tight tho!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:40 AM   #552
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have not been sticking with this diet. I have a eye exam on Thursday so I'm taking it easy. I was looking at the calendar and I just noticed that there are no holiday between now and Thanksgiving. Trying to come up with a new plan on how to superglue myself onto the horse so I won't fall off!

-Dustin
Hey Dustin!!! Yeah no holidays suck. November is soooo far away!! With our weather tho it might as well be!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:41 AM   #553
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Stupid birth control!!....up again *cries*....but I know it's not my eating...this STINKS.
Hi Squishy!! (I could be that username right now!!)
Old 08-19-2010, 07:43 AM   #554
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Anybody have the weights and measures for the amount of meat from the original Stillmans?
No sorry! But I've read the book and I don't remember him saying anything about how much you can eat--other than eat as little as possible!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:44 AM   #555
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
CC.. get rid of the M&M's.. put them in the outside garbage and dump something nasty on them . Save yourself from the chocolate!
Oh yeah get rid!! I just threw out a packet of caramels and the rest of a pack of cookies----it nearly killed me!!!! I love M+Ms!!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:45 AM   #556
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
GT! I'm so excited that you are back, too .. I really, really missed you. . and would you believe, my battery is going dead on my laptop tonight too so I have to make it quick. but wanted to say . Welcome Home!!!
Thanks!! Missed Kitty!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:47 AM   #557
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
wow..it is 11:17 and I'm in bed already... I love it. . gonna get some much needed zZZZzzz. . I almost over slept this morning which was probably why I decided I needed to eat. . . I hate when days start out stupid..

O speaking of stupid. . it is fair week, too. . but I know I can go and not eat anythign .. I know I can. . I know I can..
Wow! Can't believe you're in bed so early! good for you! hope you slaept well!!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:48 AM   #558
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone!
IM2Fat: I remember reading something in stillmans years ago that it is better to sleep more, than to overeat.
Still believed anything was better than overeating!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:50 AM   #559
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
How do I get rid of my blubbery arms? lol I HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE them I've been using my little weights everyday but it doesn't seem to be working! I don't like wearing tank tops or shirts that show them...blech.
I wish I knew that!! Mine are awful!!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:51 AM   #560
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan$$ View Post

I love the poster who put DISCIPLINE IS REMEMBERING WHAT YOU WANT on their signature.
I love that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:55 AM   #561
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
OK. .I'm getting concerned . where are all my peeps! I was happy to log in and see some new inspiration, though. . Welcome. .wlcome. .

I'm feeling a little out of sorts tonight so please forgive me, in advance, for anything I may or may not say. . .just heard they have to cut 8 % more from our budget (after already doing 10) and I just happen to be low man. . . Not sure what is going to happen. .thankfully I'm not union (those are the first to go) but there is no guarantee in anything any more .. . my family would be devastated.. . its been a long, long 5 years of transition and our business is still in its infancy. . .Well. . I'll pray. . that's all I can do right now. .

Al. . I need some promising words . .

Gwn. .where are you hiding. .

Dustin. . you better check in or I'm gonna find you. . . .

CC. . need a joke or two

GT.. I still miss you. .

Nermo. . I really miss you. .

Sharon ??? Wahhhhh

O goodness. . I just want all my peeps around me. .go ..go. .go. .who's losing?
That really sucks, Im2. Our salaries keep getting cut too. Since April 09--down 20%.
Has Nermo not checked in while I was on hols/ I hope she's ok. I miss her too!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:04 AM   #562
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Peeps!! I missed 2 days and it was only a page--you're very quiet!! I still have no net at home so I'm back in the library. Stupid computer--I have to manually delete huge chunks of writing!!!
I'm still on QWL 100% tho I wanna cheat real bad! He!!! I'm not doing great with the water--it's just so cold!! Wearing a skirt(well have to show off my tan!) and I swear i have goose bumps all over!!
I'm in a mood!! Cos (and I'm sure ye all want to know this!) but I wanted the new Chanel nail polish and it was sold out and they said thay would be getting more today--so in I go to get it and the B... on the counter goes oh you're too late, thay are all sold out again!!! It was 11.30!! Yeah more likely sold to the shop staff!! And boy did she love rubbing my nose in it!!!! Now rant over!!
Going back to read some of the posts I missed--I've only got 15mins left on the net!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 08-19-2010, 08:04 AM   #563
Big Yapper!!!!

Al--I miss you---check in!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:06 AM   #564
Big Yapper!!!!

Sharon, you're road trip sounds awesome!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:08 AM   #565
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
they are great! My crystal light looks beautiful in it!
Oh I missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:09 AM   #566
Big Yapper!!!!

[QUOTE=Mim;13761567] I'm enjoying a cup of coffee (coffee is a sacred drink and not to be taken away! )QUOTE]

For me--insert tea!!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:11 AM   #567
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Dustin. O dustin.. why are you avoiding us?

Gwn: How is my shrinking pal? You have done marvelous. . go. .go..go. .

I wonder if Lisa is closer to surgery or what? check in Lisa. . my friend..
Lisa hasn't been here eitherr????? Check in peeps!!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:12 AM   #568
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post

Changing stats from 128 to 123.

I love meat!!!

BBL
I say it again---you are the true queen of the whoosh!!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #569
Big Yapper!!!!

[QUOTE=swebb;13765150]

Not only did I hate the way I felt (physically) before I started QWL, I hated the "out of control" feeling I had when faced with snacking.

QUOTE]

Yes yes yes!!!!!!!!! I felt so unbelievably out of control by the end of our vacation. I love being back on plan! Nope not the tuna!!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:16 AM   #570
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
There are so many times on the QWL that I miss something "crunchy". I have found if I cook turkey bacon, extra crispy, that it really helps get me over that particular craving.

Anyone else missing something "crunchy"? What are your solutions?
love crunch! Have no solutions tho!!