Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 09:36 PM   #511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/182/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
I ate Tuna/eggs for breakfast..ugg.steak and hot sauce for lunch (thanks gwn) and chicken for dinner.I think I would call that an almost perfect day! no cheats..

How was yours?
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2010, 03:53 AM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 199/195/160 5'5.5"
Start Date: :::again::: December 26, 2013
Yippee! I finally moved below 183! Now I'm 182!

This my 9th week of Stillman's. I've lost 27 pounds!
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:53 AM   #513
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
PEEPS!!! Haven't weighed in yet but my shorts are getting not so tight! I love shorts that fall off..
BOOTY ALERT!!!!!!!!!go girl! Here's to the shrinking booty!

Quote:
I ate Tuna/eggs for breakfast..ugg.steak and hot sauce for lunch (thanks gwn) and chicken for dinner.I think I would call that an almost perfect day! no cheats..
How was yours?
Mon-1 HB egg+1 HB egg white
turkey patty
chicken breast
1/2 c greek yogurt
I was okay until those M&M's jumped in my mouth, but only had about 12 of them. I suppose having a mason jar full on the dining room table isn't helping..

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Yippee! I finally moved below 183! Now I'm 182!

This my 9th week of Stillman's. I've lost 27 pounds!
WTG girl rock on!!!!!!!!!!

well, it's a new day and I'm having an omelette with one egg, two egg whites and two slices of FF american...here's to sticking to plan!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:33 AM   #514
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Its sooo tough!!! My plan for the day is chicken (grilled w balsamic), tuna, and coconut oil!!! Perhaps even an egg or two, to mix it up a bit!!!

Not that anyone will go through all this trouble but hubby just set up his laptop to use the internet connection from his iphone. AT WORK!!! Its a beautiful thing! We even tested out skype and the connection was great. (skype is a video phone call)
I think we all should skype--it would be too cool!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #515
Big Yapper!!!!

Hello peeps!!!
I missed you all! I did really!! We had a great time on hols!! Came back on Saturday night. We have no net at home--don't get me started!! I've been screaming like a mad thing to customer service all morning. So I'm sitting in my library--and you're only allowd 40mins--I only have 14 mins left--so this has to be quick!! I've missed so much--the end of July and 17 pages of August! Eek eek! I'm only on page 3!
Al-can't believe you drank green tea---yukk!! Gwn congrats on the loss and jeans and the shrinking butt!!! I pity you going to Europe---hope you're not going to France!! Oh God peeps the pastries!!
Ok I was good for the first week--no croissants, no cakes, no crepes--nothing carby passed my lips!1 I did Pilates every morning!! I was a saint really!! A very annoying smug one according to my better half!!!! But then on Tuesday we went to a cute little town with a famous chocolate shop--with all these homemade chocolates, cookies and cakes that you could buy like pick+mix sweets--you know like you put your spoon in and then weigh at the very end!! Yeah well we all know how this story goes!!! I couldn't stop!! From then on I was out of control!!! There was chocolate croissants for breakfast! Crepes with Nutella for lunch, The most gorgeous ice-cream I have ever tasted for desert--oh and there was Creme Brulee too! Oh peeps it was bad bad bad!!! And you know the worst thing---I'm not even sorry!!! Or at least I wasn't, until I stepped on the scale yesterday!! Just let's say it was not good!! I think the last time I saw those numbers was probably Novemeber!! As of today I'm back on plan tho!!
My jeans are waaay too tight for my liking! I bought so many new clothes too!!! They all just fit and no more so...!!!! Oh yeah and a dress that doesn't actually close!!! Oh I shall get it to close--even if it kills me!!! He!!!!
Ok I gotta go--a thing has popped up saying I've only got 2mins left--I hate not having internet, I can't cope!! Oh and I'm sure this is full of typos too! Sorry! BTW I did look for an internet cafe there but there wasn't one--I couldn't believe it!! They're everywhere here!! Ok bye peeps!! xxx

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 08-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #516
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

How was yours?
Hi Im2!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 07:59 AM   #517
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Getting there: Glad you are back on track again. It takes more willpower to come back after a fall. And you had the experience you had and enjoyed it and was not sorry. That is good because I think that depression subconsciously packs on the pounds for some. (The body mind is powerful). It sounds like you are on your way!! Skinny clothes!! Yes!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:01 AM   #518
Senior LCF Member

I stepped on the scale this morning and was up two pounds. No cheating. Glad I went to the Docs yesterday for the weigh in!! I figure this is because I am retaining water, or haven't gone to the rr for a few days?? I am not letting this get me down. Have others had this experience on Stillmans? (I took a water pill day before yesterday and maybe its a backlash from that?) I'll be back, I am going to walk on the beach this morning.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:04 AM   #519
Senior LCF Member

Becky123abc: Congratulation on your weight loss! You made it over the hurdle!! I can hardly wait till I get where you are at, then I will only have 30 more lbs to lose. You are an inspiration to stay faithful to Stillmans until the scale starts dropping again. Did you ever have a 2 lb weight gain like I did this morning, even not cheating?
Old 08-17-2010, 08:09 AM   #520
Senior LCF Member

Okay, almost off the computer before I walk on the beach and check in with LCF later.
CCgirl; Thank you for the information about soy. I stay clean away from it since it lowers thyroid. BUT I didn't know broccolli had estrogens in it!! Yikes!! I am not yet eating veggies, so not a problem yet. But very good to know. Is there a list out there that you refer regarding this stuff? I love cauliflower, so I hope there is none in there.

IM2fat; Stay encouraged. Sometimes life gets in the way and your LCF can't make it online. But we love you and want you to succeed. Please don't feel abandoned.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:10 AM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 199/195/160 5'5.5"
Start Date: :::again::: December 26, 2013
THanks AnythingWD!! I know some folks have stalled a lot longer than 2 weeks...

Right after I hit 183, I gained 2 pounds...I didn't eat off plan...I did eat an extra bit piece of steak...the night before...I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.

I really blame those type fluctuations on being a woman...hormones are having a party in our body for all sorts of reasons...and we hold on to water for some reason. I'm sure your two pounds will come off soon and take another pound or two with them! : )

Getting into the 180's has really made me feel good...and I can tell a big difference in my clothes. I'm starting to look at regular women's sizes instead of plus sizes...that's nice.

You know a lot about Stillman's already and I've enjoyed reading your insight! The help and encouragement here is amazing. I've never written this much in a group thread before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Becky123abc: Congratulation on your weight loss! You made it over the hurdle!! I can hardly wait till I get where you are at, then I will only have 30 more lbs to lose. You are an inspiration to stay faithful to Stillmans until the scale starts dropping again. Did you ever have a 2 lb weight gain like I did this morning, even not cheating?
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #522
Senior LCF Member

Actually, I am going by my memory when I was 15 in 1975 regarding the Stillmans diet. I was wondering if anyone had the original 1975 diet. I may be eating too much meat, or eggs or something. Does any one have the weights and the servings for this diet?
Old 08-17-2010, 11:26 AM   #523
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Hi Everyone,

I have not been sticking with this diet. I have a eye exam on Thursday so I'm taking it easy. I was looking at the calendar and I just noticed that there are no holiday between now and Thanksgiving. Trying to come up with a new plan on how to superglue myself onto the horse so I won't fall off!

-Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:37 AM   #524
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Stupid birth control!!....up again *cries*....but I know it's not my eating...this STINKS.
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:58 AM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Squishy; Can you talk to your Dr. about changing methods? This seems like too much pain.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:00 PM   #526
Senior LCF Member

Anybody have the weights and measures for the amount of meat from the original Stillmans?
Old 08-17-2010, 04:21 PM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Squishy; Can you talk to your Dr. about changing methods? This seems like too much pain.
I'll try it for this month and see if the effects change at all...if not I'm not going to use this brand again...my old one didn't really have an effect on my weight but of course it wasn't covered by insurance...I was doing so well too.

I'll figure it out...
Old 08-17-2010, 08:04 PM   #528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have not been sticking with this diet. I have a eye exam on Thursday so I'm taking it easy. I was looking at the calendar and I just noticed that there are no holiday between now and Thanksgiving. Trying to come up with a new plan on how to superglue myself onto the horse so I won't fall off!

-Dustin
Dustin! Glad you came back. . i thought we lost you again..

I think the best plan is to just do it! Realize that you are going to have some off days but your on days will be more plentiful and your off days will dwindle. . We are all in the same boat but I think the biggest difference is .. we have each other to lean on. Make sure you keep checking in no matter what happens. . You guys make me accountable and even when I'm having an off day. . I log in . I was not good today, either but I'm calling it a refeed and planning my on day tomorrow!

We can do it.. .Our peeps are counting on us to be successful. .
Old 08-17-2010, 08:04 PM   #529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Becky.. I'm so happy for you! See. . good things come to those who "weigh-T"
Old 08-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #530
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CC.. get rid of the M&M's.. put them in the outside garbage and dump something nasty on them . Save yourself from the chocolate!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #531
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GT! I'm so excited that you are back, too .. I really, really missed you. . and would you believe, my battery is going dead on my laptop tonight too so I have to make it quick. but wanted to say . Welcome Home!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Squishy. . sorry you are having trouble.. Doctors! Sheesshh. . Still haven't heard from mine, either. maybe I'll call tomorrow. . .

I especially hate when they change meds on you because of insurance. They did the same thing with my allergies pills and the new ones do not work as well as the old ones. Now my eye Doc jumped on the band wagon too. . keeps prescribing me different contacts so I have to get used to new ones all over again. I did finally get her to agree to give me the same RX for each eye so I can mix/Match them. . got sick of putting them in the wrong eye. . of course, my friends all looked much better when did it. . LOL..
Old 08-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al. Gwn. .

I feel lost without my sunshine and ray of hope....(I'm deep like that!)
Old 08-17-2010, 08:19 PM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow..it is 11:17 and I'm in bed already... I love it. . gonna get some much needed zZZZzzz. . I almost over slept this morning which was probably why I decided I needed to eat. . . I hate when days start out stupid..

O speaking of stupid. . it is fair week, too. . but I know I can go and not eat anythign .. I know I can. . I know I can..
Old 08-18-2010, 06:51 AM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Everyone!
IM2Fat: I remember reading something in stillmans years ago (need to get the book somewhere for weighing purposes) that it is better to sleep more, than to overeat. I rest in that knowledge, and have been given to allow myself to sleep more, unless there is a job at stake. But I do remind myself of that.

I lost one of the pounds that I "gained" (for no reason) but to get back to where i was on Monday, I will need to lose another 1.6 pounds!! I wish I knew what caused that weight gain. Things are slowing down, and I am a bit frightened (yes frightened) because I am not sure how to bump up the game. I exercise, don't cheat etc... Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 08-18-2010, 08:40 AM   #536
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mustang810
Hi everyone! Just wanted to say what an inspiration you all are to me. I've been reading some of the posts and you all are doing so wonderful. Here it is the first day of school for the kids and as of today I still haven't worn a pair of shorts this summer which is how depressing and sad. So I thought I better get my act together and maybe if I work as hard as you all I can still manage to take some of this weight off. I have about 30 lbs to lose and know with reading all your successes I should be able to do it. Thanks for listening
mustang810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #537
Senior LCF Member

How do I get rid of my blubbery arms? lol I HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE them I've been using my little weights everyday but it doesn't seem to be working! I don't like wearing tank tops or shirts that show them...blech.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #538
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan$$
Stats: now: 160 (estimate)/120
WOE: stillman's
Start Date: restarting 18 April 2011
MOTIVATION AND KEEPING OUR EYE ON THE BALL

Hi everyone,

I am determined to succeed and that means staying accountable.

Yesterday and today were not great. I do think I have learned from my mistakes and it certainly is not fun to feel stuffed.

I ate way too much chicken today.

Also I may do Stillman's low fat cheese and cateloupe diet. I have the book and the big thing is keep the calories down. I think Stillman is a hard diet but I really want to lose 30lbs so I can fit into my old suits. I need to look good for my job.

To those who have struggled tomorrow is a new day - let's pick oursleves up, dust ourselves down and start over. It's only food - it has no IQ we can succeed. I have 4 weeks and 2 days to achieve my first goal which is to lose 15lbs. Losing the weight is worth staying to Stillman's restrictions. When you feel like this or think of why you are doing this! For me I want to weigh tops 120 again and rock my old suits and skirts. And not to feel embarrased in tight revealing clothes.

I love the poster who put DISCIPLINE IS REMEMBERING WHAT YOU WANT on their signature.

Best of luck to you all ladies.
Susan$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #539
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mustang810
Well I'm off to work which I guess is good since I can't really eat there but it is hot and humid so I guess I'll just trudge thru. Have a good night everyone.
mustang810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #540
Senior LCF Member

Susan$$: Thank you for the encouragement.

Can anyone please tell me what the Stillman cheese and canteloupe diet is? I have never heard of this by Stillman, he was very anti-fruit. Can anyone please enlighten me?

By the way, I did find the thread for the original Stillman diet. It was a Godsend.
Thank you!!!! I never did have cheese in 1975 skim milk or otherwise, so this is new.