Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #481
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Peeps! Just heard some disturbing news.. . Hubby and I sold our Harley a few years back. . (We still have one under wraps when we feel adventurous. . ).. Anyway.. the guy that bought it was just in a terrible accident. . someone ran right into him . . it killed his passenger instantly. . he was transported but is not doing well. . I have such mixed feelings. . while I love to ride. . I hate stupid drivers! I was run right off the road one day by someone who thought she needed my lane, too. .. .that was right after I got my endorsement and it scared me a little bit. . I understood immediately how loud pipes save lives! ..
oh how horrible IM2!!! I hope he is OK.. I dont think I could get on a bike now. I just don't trust anyone on the road. Perhaps through the quiet countryside but never around here. I even drive way behind the bike riders becasue Im always afraid they are gonna wipe out in front of me, or get side swiped by another car in front of me. I have seen too many accidents and know of too many deaths...Its just not worth the risk these days. Its tragic.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #482
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
But on the plus side down 12.9 2.7 more to go and I will be in 130's!! CRAZZZZZZZZY suff
WOW!!!! We knew you could do it!!! Thats fantastic!!
Old 08-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #483
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Susan!! Sounds like a great plan!!! I am really liking your tomato paste idea instead of ketchup!! You can totally get it done in 5 weeks!!
Old 08-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #484
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! Im feeling much better today, but not great. I had such a yummy dinner last night I wont even describe it! I stayed low carb! I plan on doing the same tonight, and if I can keep the cheats at bay, perhaps I'll stick with it for the rest of the week. (Dont feel like weighing cause I dont want the bad news. As long as my jeans still fit, thats what Im going with!)

SO....Im going camping this week and it better not rain! We're going to a site on the beach so the bikini will be involved! I will not let cheezits keep me from wearing that bikini!!! There. I said it....no cheats for me!! (but I may have to have a smores once my jogging pants go on at night!!)

I can be soo bad...
Old 08-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #485
Blabbermouth!!!

Gwn! Id love to hear more about this ebay thing sometime!! and just wondering...are you bringing your bike with you on your trip? that could save some $$$ and get you there twice as fast then on your feet! eh...thats probably more trouble though...
Old 08-15-2010, 12:01 PM   #486
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
wild! I've heard of water intoxication but understand it is very rare. . I think there were some teenagers that suffered from it but that was only after they ingested some "illegal" substance. . can't think of the drug right now but I know it causes extreme thirst!
I remembering a radio contest where they were giving away a nintendo wii.... The contestants had to keep drinking water and whoever could hold their "wii-wii" the longest won. Somebody died....
Old 08-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #487
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan$$
Stats: now: 160 (estimate)/120
WOE: stillman's
Start Date: restarting 18 April 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hi Susan!! Sounds like a great plan!!! I am really liking your tomato paste idea instead of ketchup!! You can totally get it done in 5 weeks!!
Thanks - your support is appreciated. May you lose lots as well.

Susan$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:07 PM   #488
Blabbermouth!!!

Squishy- You have had such great results, could you tell us what your menus have been like daily?
Old 08-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #489
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan$$ View Post
Thanks - your support is appreciated. May you lose lots as well.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Welcome, Susan! You will lose that weight in no time flat. .you may even have to buy new clothes! Keep us updated on how you are doing. . we love to hear about losers!

Love your motivation. . I may just borrow a few. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #491
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gwn! You are so very brave but that's what you have to do in life. . take a few chances. . who knows what you'll find along your journey. I am sure you will meet some very interesting people. . just please be extra careful. Get some pepper spray (or whatever is legal over there .) take a lot of pictures and make sure you ask someone to take a lot of you,. too. . they will be cherished memories for years to come..

It is so funny you mentioned Ebay . I've been trying to convince myself to find time to list stuff again. . I just cleaned out one of my closets and had a bunch of label suits that I know I could have made some $$ on but I donated them instead.. hubby also said I have to get rid of some of my hand bags and planners. . I have this thing for leather stuff. . We won't even mention how many coats/jackets I have. . lets just say. I have a leather rainbow in my closet. . but in my defense. .most of them are second hand..
Old 08-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #492
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Squishy- You have had such great results, could you tell us what your menus have been like daily?
Sure! Every morning I have eggs but I make an omlette (sorta, when it feels like staying together!) I use 2 egg whites and 1 egg...I have one piece of cheese because I can't stand the taste of eggs alone and just a smidge of ketchup (but I have the one carb ketchup!)

Lunch is usually a turkey burger or sliced turkey roll ups or tuna.

Dinner is grilled chicken, turkey burger, just had tilapia the other night...yummy and I don't like fish.

I will be honestI have thrown in a little salad in there because I miss it...and I tried it and I kept losing so I figured it can't hurt! So I've been making chopped salad with grilled chicken and I bought a sugar free italian dressing that has <1 carb for 1 tpsb. Occasionally I'll have a real hamburger too!

And of course I'm drinking water...not as much as most but I usually drink between 6-8 cups a day...Just fill up my 16oz water bottle, but it depends where I am! At home I'll drink more because going to the bathroom is easier than if I'm at work in the classroom! Sometimes I'll use those little drink mix packets (the sugar free kind) and mix those in with my water because water can be so darn boring.

My problem has been snacking. I always have a craving for a snack so sometimes when I have it in my house I make jello, othertimes I grab a few nuts (even though I know they aren't the best!) but it satisfies me. With the jello I use a little whipped cream because it's <1 carb...I'm probably not doing stillmans 100%...but it's pretty darn close and I'm happy with the results.
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #493
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can't believe all the kids are at the movies right now and hubby is watching TV. . I wonder how long before he realizes we have the house to ourselves? Men. .you pretty much have to spoon feed them!! Hello! I'm right over here. . .
Old 08-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I can't believe all the kids are at the movies right now and hubby is watching TV. . I wonder how long before he realizes we have the house to ourselves? Men. .you pretty much have to spoon feed them!! Hello! I'm right over here. . .
Walk over to him in something fantastic and he'll say HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO hehehe
Old 08-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #495
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
O IM, that's horrible about the bike....everytime I see them on the road I say to myself 'There but for the grace of God(dess) goes my Dad'.....I take extra care when they are on the road and try to lookout for them.......

AL glad ur feeling better

GO Squish! So happy for u!

Welcome Susan, great plan!!!!!!!!

Busy day working on the addition with DBF then a hay run-I loaded fifteen bales and four bales of shavings, brought them home to unload with DBF and then we still did our weight training tonight. Scale hasn't bidged but clothes are still getting baggier so I know it's the toning effect. Can't let it all be jiggly Jell-o now, can I!

I discovered my collarbones this morning! They've probably been there for awhile but I just now noticed them! Down to half a chin instead of one and a half, too!

Bought leggings (clearance)-junior mediums!

Gotta make Bubba some dinner BBL
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:16 PM   #496
Senior LCF Member

Let me just say....Peach Sugar free jello....AMAZING
Old 08-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #497
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CC! Collar bones. . I love them! I want a pair.. . I really, really do . . however,. I (think I've mentioned it before) .I should have been a boy. .... I could have some amazing pecs if I tried really, really hard.. I'm just too darn lazy. .
Old 08-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #498
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

where is everyone? I expected a full page already .

Dustin. .what the heck are you doing? Quit leaving.. .
Old 08-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK... I was good/bad. .bad/good...ate another peach. . they are almost gone. I'll force feed them to the kids tomorrow to make sure I don't do it again..

But other than that . I'm still golden!
Old 08-16-2010, 03:45 AM   #500
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Welcome, Susan! You will lose that weight in no time flat. .you may even have to buy new clothes! Keep us updated on how you are doing. . we love to hear about losers!

Love your motivation. . I may just borrow a few. .
Hey, IM2 Fat, I won't have that problem. I have so many clothes in tiny sizes I can't wear because I'm too fat!!!!!

That would be amazing to slip into something I could wear before - very small sizes.

I had breakfast @ 11.00 am - 380 cals total:
4 HB EGGS, dash of Lea & Perrins, pepper, small garnsih of cheese.

It was delicious. I will adjust my portions down as I notice you gals don't eat much. I really want to make sure it's all protein for a week - even if cals are a little above average.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:46 AM   #501
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O IM, that's horrible about the bike....everytime I see them on the road I say to myself 'There but for the grace of God(dess) goes my Dad'.....I take extra care when they are on the road and try to lookout for them.......

AL glad ur feeling better

GO Squish! So happy for u!

Welcome Susan, great plan!!!!!!!!

Busy day working on the addition with DBF then a hay run-I loaded fifteen bales and four bales of shavings, brought them home to unload with DBF and then we still did our weight training tonight. Scale hasn't bidged but clothes are still getting baggier so I know it's the toning effect. Can't let it all be jiggly Jell-o now, can I!

I discovered my collarbones this morning! They've probably been there for awhile but I just now noticed them! Down to half a chin instead of one and a half, too!

Bought leggings (clearance)-junior mediums!

Gotta make Bubba some dinner BBL
GO girl - congrats on your success!!!
Old 08-16-2010, 06:04 AM   #502
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
CC! Collar bones. . I love them! I want a pair.. . I really, really do . . however,. I (think I've mentioned it before) .I should have been a boy. .... I could have some amazing pecs if I tried really, really hard.. I'm just too darn lazy. .
LOL when I was lifting weights in high school I was a twelve on top and an eight below and I could bench press 175 ur not a man ur an amazon!Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan$$ View Post
GO girl - congrats on your success!!!
TY we can do this!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2010, 06:21 AM   #503
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

just in....

Wright County Egg Conducts Nationwide Voluntary Recalls of Shell Eggs Because of Possible Health Risk
Fri, 13 Aug 2010 22:45:00 -0500

The following statement was released by officials of Wright County Egg regarding the US Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) on-farm records review and egg testing for Salmonella. Wright County Egg of Galt, Iowa is voluntarily recalling specific Julian dates of shell eggs produced by their farms because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems

Goya Foods, Inc. Announces Voluntary Recall of Frozen Mamey Pulp, Produced By Coco, S.A. of Guatemala Because of Potential Health Risk
Fri, 13 Aug 2010 22:47:00 -0500

As a precautionary measure Goya Foods, Inc. has voluntarily recalled the Mamey Pulp product produced by COCO, S.A. of Guatemala. This product is distributed nationwide through retail stores under the Goya label.

"Cancer risk found for long-term hormone therapy" (Eurekalert
[American Association for the Advancement of Science], Aug. 10, 2010).
Cancer risk found for long-term hormone therapy

Fresh Express Announces Precautionary Recall of a Limited Number of Cases of Veggie Lovers Salad with an Expiration Date of August 10 Due to a Possible Health Risk
Tue, 10 Aug 2010 17:41:00 -0500

Fresh Express is voluntarily recalling 2,825 cases of Veggie Lovers Salad with a Product Code of I208 and Use-by Date of August 10, 2010 out of an abundance of caution due to a possible health risk from Listeria monocytogenes. No other Fresh Express salads are included in the recall. No illnesses have been reported in association with the recall.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:52 AM   #504
Senior LCF Member

I went up 2 lbs from yesterday.......which has never happened before....BUT I started birth control yesterday....so I'm thinking that's the cause of the 2 lbs....Didn't cheat or do anything out of the ordinary...so hopefully once my body adjusts to the BC I'll be back on my way.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:56 PM   #505
Senior LCF Member

Where oh where is everyone? So quiet.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:12 PM   #506
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Dear Squishy; Birth control, estrogen in general will cause a weight gain, no doubt. Stay enthusiastic about your diet, and if you continue to gain, call your gyn or doc. I gained a bunch when I was on estrogen, and it was not worth it at all! Hope it works out for you!

CCgirl; Thank you for the info on the long term hormone replacement. I just can't bring myself to take it even though I am postmenopausal and my skin is looking older!(Estrogen helps skin.)

Today I had 2 hb eggwhites with some sea salt, yum.
4 no filler beef, hot dogs (so I wouldn't eat the cookies in the fridge
1 turkey burger with mustard (everyting has mustard on it!)

That is more than I have eaten lately. I was one pound off of my goal weight (for this mini goal) and thought eating a little more would boost my metabolism since I walked three miles yesterday, and didn't make goal. Yes, I am drinking my 100 oz, but am using salt now and drinking it in smaller doses (so I won't repeat the water intoxication.)

Arleriaaa: The water intoxication can happen when one uses the drug "Ecstasy" because one gets very dehydrated and then loses their senses physiologically, and because a lot of salt is lost through high activity, the balance is shot. I, myself stay away from drugs except for Rx, and I usually avoid those too!
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post

CCgirl; Thank you for the info on the long term hormone replacement. I just can't bring myself to take it even though I am postmenopausal and my skin is looking older!(Estrogen helps skin.)

!
I am on newsletters from a lot of important newsfeeds and since our age group is very widespread I feel it's important that I put these out there, The younger ones can file them for the future.

BTW that was very disturbing since my mom has been on HRT since I was fifteen..............

I will keep them coming until you all tell me not too.....
Old 08-16-2010, 06:22 PM   #508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

anything-didyaknow there's lots of estrogen in soy products and broccoli, just to name a few. I switched Mom to soymilk and they had to adjust her HRT dosage because it really made a difference. Just FYI.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #509
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/190/160 5'5.5"
Hi all!
I'm just checking in...I'm still stuck at 183...wednesday will be 2 weeks there...I'm wondering if I should cut back or cut out the CO????

I had CO, vits, & Coffee for breakfast, pack of tuna for lunch, CO & vits for afternoon snack and then about 10 oz steak for supper.

Starting back to school is wearing me out...my body doesn't want to get up at 5AM. I'm hoping to get some more of this weight off and have better stamina.

I hope you are all hanging in there in the Stillman weigh!!!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:31 PM   #510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

PEEPS!!! Yes I am shouting. . where is everyone??? I hate it when I visit and my friends are absent.. where is everyone? I feel so neglected!! I am doing very well, thank you. . you guys need to jump on my band wagon.. I need your support.. You need mine.. log in. .weigh in. . eat in. . we need you!! Haven't weighed in yet but my shorts are getting not so tight! I love shorts that fall off..