Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #451
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Girls..I have been soooo sick. Terrible sinus infection/head cold... I tried to go to work yesterday and they sent me home. Im back today, but its manageble since Im by myself. Phone isnt ringing too much thank goodness.

I made it through until yesterday afternoon on plan. I weighed 119, so I'll stick with that. Im probably gonna do the meat and veggie thing for a few days. (and a little cheese too) This cold is kicking my butt big time! The only time I feel good is when Im asleep!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2010, 10:24 AM   #452
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
zzzzzzzzzzz....wake me up when you guys get back..

This is 2 weeks gone for GT....is this for real??? maybe she's coming back today???

Gwn- you better come back after your trip. I will remind IM2 to remind you!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:01 AM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Aleriaa: I am concerned about your cold. Vitamin C, 3000 mg should help knock that out. Try to stay away from too much dairy. Don't be discouraged as your cold will leave eventually. Congratulations on sticking with the plan. Try some fat free chicken broth maybe? I believe that is allowable on Stillman, as I remember it. I believe up to 16 oz.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:06 AM   #454
Senior LCF Member

Kidney pain

Have any of you experienced kidney pain? I am drinking 100 oz a day, which is correct for my body weight. I am not overeating protein that would burden my kidney, I don't think. Appx diet: I have a chicken breast, 2 turkey patties, and up to four egg whites a day. Sometimes a little more protein but not much. I just drank 64 oz of water, and the pain is lessening. Can I have some feedback on this? I go to the Doc on Monday, but am afraid if I mention it, she will discourage the diet. I have lost a total of 16 lbs with fourteen of those on Stillman. I have been on the diet for fourteen days and it has been the only thing that has worked for me in the last decade! Stillman rocks!
Old 08-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I had peanuts too!!!
No Weigh!! That is absolutely hilarious . .OMG. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:20 AM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Have any of you experienced kidney pain? I am drinking 100 oz a day, which is correct for my body weight. I am not overeating protein that would burden my kidney, I don't think. Appx diet: I have a chicken breast, 2 turkey patties, and up to four egg whites a day. Sometimes a little more protein but not much. I just drank 64 oz of water, and the pain is lessening. Can I have some feedback on this? I go to the Doc on Monday, but am afraid if I mention it, she will discourage the diet. I have lost a total of 16 lbs with fourteen of those on Stillman. I have been on the diet for fourteen days and it has been the only thing that has worked for me in the last decade! Stillman rocks!
Sorry . I don't know anything about this. . do you know for sure it is your kidney? Maybe (think not but?). . you have stones? I've heard they are terrible and can pick anyone to terrorize! I've been LC-ing for a year now. . mostly Stillmans with a taste test here and there and I haven't experienced any problems. .. but everyone is different. . My bloodwork and stats all came back fine. Maybe you can search the forum to see if anyone else is experiencing issues. . Sorry. not much help. .
Old 08-14-2010, 11:22 AM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O Al. . and here I was thinking bad thoughts ..I thought maybe you were not being good and here you are being sick.. Stop it! I hate sick and I especially hate it during the summer. Knock on wood. . I've been pretty healthy this year. . REally. .thinking about it. I haven't had any serious issues. no colds that I can remember. . Wowsers. . I probably just cursed myself, though. .

I agree. . take your vitamin C and rest, fluids and relax. . try nyquil or Alka Seltzer cold plus always does my body wonders. . .dont' worry about the carbs in the Nyquil . just get better!

As a footnote, 119 is awesome. . .

Last edited by IM2fat; 08-14-2010 at 11:29 AM..
Old 08-14-2010, 11:25 AM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
zzzzzzzzzzz....wake me up when you guys get back..

This is 2 weeks gone for GT....is this for real??? maybe she's coming back today???

Gwn- you better come back after your trip. I will remind IM2 to remind you!!!
We will so be here when you get back . blabbing and blubbering cuz we'll miss you!

GT . . I was wondering about her.. I bet she's having a wonderful time and not giving us another thought. . .highly unlikely . . we are too darn unforgettable. . .
Old 08-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #459
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BTW, Gwn. . I should have listened to you long ago. . I'm officially addicted to hot sauce. . Franks to be exact . .(Had a coupon. .got it free!!!). . I'm going to go stock up while my coupons are still good. . A little goes a long way and it sure gives me some zip not to mention I sweat like a pig. . Ahhh. . metabolism is in high gear today. .
Old 08-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #460
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm gonna crisp up some zucchini in my CO for supper. . (only 1 cup, though. . ). . my guilt got the best of me today so I made the boys chili. . it just seemed like the right thing to make. . even as hot as it is. . .
Old 08-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #461
Senior LCF Member

IM2fat; Thanks for the input. I hope it isn't a stone. I haven't had any carbonated drinks, which are horrible for a kidney. The pain subsided after ingesting 64 oz of water, so I will continue to drink it away. I am curious about doing a kidney cleanse from Dr. Schultz. I put my Dad on it, and his kidney function improved greatly. [B]But am concerned about the herbs having carbs. Should I be?
Old 08-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

IDK. I would just make sure you drink your water and talk to your Doctor.. I would be honest and tell him/her exactly what you are eating and what your symptoms are. . . .there may be a quick fix (like a vitamin or mineral or something) I really don't know. . just make sure you are taking care of you. . a cleanse may make you feel better .
Old 08-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #463
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
I am BEYOND bored. Nothing to do. Nowhere to go. My TV isn't working! So I'm on the computer doing what I do best....online shopping
My boyfriends birthday is coming up....yet I have no clue what to get for him! And usually I out do myself each year...but this year I have nothing. He will be 27...he's in medical school...any tips? ideas?
Thanks
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
I am BEYOND bored. Nothing to do. Nowhere to go. My TV isn't working! So I'm on the computer doing what I do best....online shopping
My boyfriends birthday is coming up....yet I have no clue what to get for him! And usually I out do myself each year...but this year I have nothing. He will be 27...he's in medical school...any tips? ideas?
Thanks
A night out with his honey. . nice dinner. massage . . good wine...
Old 08-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #465
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
A night out with his honey. . nice dinner. massage . . good wine...
He'll get that anyway... I'm thinking we can give each other a vacation since we've been apart for so long! Just need to find an inexpensive all inclusive place!

then again....I'd like a ring for my birthday

Last edited by SquishyPunim413; 08-14-2010 at 03:32 PM..
Old 08-14-2010, 06:23 PM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Drank too much water too fast! Life threatening!

I went online to research water intoxication (after reading about a death from an exorcism) Oh well, whatever it took. I was not drinking water every hour (8 0z) to avoid water intoxication. And I was getting dizzy (a sign) had little appetite (a sign) and not great concentration (a sign) and fatigue (I haven't done a thing but read all day, and very sleepy). So I had 2 hot dogs (all beef) for the sodium and am feeling better already. Tomorrow I will be attempting to drink no more than 16 oz an hour (8 is better but I will be up past midnight with the amount I need to drink). Sunday is difficult because of church, but will attempt it. Remember, its drinking it all at once is what kills the sodium levels, and it can cause brain damage (I was actually feeling dizzy and felt sharp pains in my head). Glad I was reading that on line article about exorcism! LOL I hope I find the gumption to exercise.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Just completed 10 minutes on the Rebounder and I am done exercising for the evening. But I feel a lot better!
Old 08-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I miss my rebounder!!! I used to really love it. . (Yep. .I did try that too. .I'll do anything to lose a few pounds!).. My kids wore it out. .when they were younger. . loved, loved, loved it.. of course, I only watched the video once and I only did the real exercise once. .I just loved to jump on it. . The small trampolines do about the same thing. minus the handle thingy..

I also had the Gazelle.. now I have my shake weight. . Where in the heck is that silly thing, anyway. . I gotta dig it back out. . my arms still need work. stupid fat arms. .
Old 08-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #469
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wild! I've heard of water intoxication but understand it is very rare. . I think there were some teenagers that suffered from it but that was only after they ingested some "illegal" substance. . can't think of the drug right now but I know it causes extreme thirst!
Old 08-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #470
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Peeps! Just heard some disturbing news.. . Hubby and I sold our Harley a few years back. . (We still have one under wraps when we feel adventurous. . ).. Anyway.. the guy that bought it was just in a terrible accident. . someone ran right into him . . it killed his passenger instantly. . he was transported but is not doing well. . I have such mixed feelings. . while I love to ride. . I hate stupid drivers! I was run right off the road one day by someone who thought she needed my lane, too. .. .that was right after I got my endorsement and it scared me a little bit. . I understood immediately how loud pipes save lives! ..
Old 08-15-2010, 04:44 AM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Yikes! That is scary!...I probably drink 16oz at a time...several times throughout the day...I tend to be a gulper...maybe I should read up on that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
I went online to research water intoxication (after reading about a death from an exorcism) Oh well, whatever it took. I was not drinking water every hour (8 0z) to avoid water intoxication. And I was getting dizzy (a sign) had little appetite (a sign) and not great concentration (a sign) and fatigue (I haven't done a thing but read all day, and very sleepy). So I had 2 hot dogs (all beef) for the sodium and am feeling better already. Tomorrow I will be attempting to drink no more than 16 oz an hour (8 is better but I will be up past midnight with the amount I need to drink). Sunday is difficult because of church, but will attempt it. Remember, its drinking it all at once is what kills the sodium levels, and it can cause brain damage (I was actually feeling dizzy and felt sharp pains in my head). Glad I was reading that on line article about exorcism! LOL I hope I find the gumption to exercise.
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:45 AM   #472
Major LCF Poster!

I hope you are feeling better AL!!! I hate to hear you've been sick. Rest, rest, rest!

Quote:
Girls..I have been soooo sick. Terrible sinus infection/head cold... I tried to go to work yesterday and they sent me home. Im back today, but its manageble since Im by myself. Phone isnt ringing too much thank goodness.

I made it through until yesterday afternoon on plan. I weighed 119, so I'll stick with that. Im probably gonna do the meat and veggie thing for a few days. (and a little cheese too) This cold is kicking my butt big time! The only time I feel good is when Im asleep!
Old 08-15-2010, 04:47 AM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

My mom just gave us a little trampoline with a handle on it...is that a rebounder? I'm trying to make the kids do it while they watch/play video games. Maybe I should get my butt on there too!

Quote:
I miss my rebounder!!! I used to really love it. . (Yep. .I did try that too. .I'll do anything to lose a few pounds!).. My kids wore it out. .when they were younger. . loved, loved, loved it.. of course, I only watched the video once and I only did the real exercise once. .I just loved to jump on it. . The small trampolines do about the same thing. minus the handle thingy..

I also had the Gazelle.. now I have my shake weight. . Where in the heck is that silly thing, anyway. . I gotta dig it back out. . my arms still need work. stupid fat arms. .
Old 08-15-2010, 04:49 AM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

So many places in America, people are so ignorant about pedestrians and two-wheeled vehicles...it's very dangerous here in Mississippi to be on the road on a bike. I'm so sorry to hear of this man's accident.

Quote:
Peeps! Just heard some disturbing news.. . Hubby and I sold our Harley a few years back. . (We still have one under wraps when we feel adventurous. . ).. Anyway.. the guy that bought it was just in a terrible accident. . someone ran right into him . . it killed his passenger instantly. . he was transported but is not doing well. . I have such mixed feelings. . while I love to ride. . I hate stupid drivers! I was run right off the road one day by someone who thought she needed my lane, too. .. .that was right after I got my endorsement and it scared me a little bit. . I understood immediately how loud pipes save lives! ..
Old 08-15-2010, 04:53 AM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

GwnStgni, Boy, will you be missed here!! I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip...I think it's wonderful to travel and see the beauties of the world! Have a most safe and wonderful time!

[QUOTE=GwnStfni; I just know myself and after 6 weeks of eating whatever, that's exactly the type of situation that sends me running from here, coming back 2 years later, 80lbs heavier! I really need to do it this time, get to goal! you all. Have a great Stillman's day![/QUOTE]
Old 08-15-2010, 07:02 AM   #476
Senior LCF Member

IM2F: Our prayers are with the Harley rider and all the families involved.

I had NO weight loss this morning, for the first time in starting this diet. I think my body is recuperating from the water intoxication yesterday. I feel so much better today, and my kidney is not hurting as much this morning. Hoping for 2 lb loss tomorrow, as I weigh in at the Docs in the morning. I only rebounded a bit.

becky123abc: A true rebounder has the words "Rebounder" on the mat, and it does come with bars if you want that you can install or take not. There is actually a better name on the market that I had for years and years, but I forgot the name of the manufacturer. The Walmart brands tend to fall apart, and do not give the same support as the other models. You can google rebounder and get to their site. I have the portable (split in half) type, and it works great. Have fun jumping, its the best exercise next to swimming! You will get to goal. Do you have an exit plan after finishing Stillmans? It is easy to gain afterwards if there is no plan. I think I am going to just add low carb veggies a little at a time and watch the calories so they don't exceed 1200 calories.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:55 AM   #477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning, Peeps.. .off to get my Sunday papers (or 4!) . . I need the coupons. . still doing OK. .hanging in there. .got up early and had eggs and 2 bacon slices. . I knwo the sodium is probably gonna kill me but it looked so good sitting there. . eat me. .eat me . it was saying. . so I listened! Ugg. . .

Happy Sunday and have a great day with your familes. . Sorry some of you have to work. . I'll be working at home later today, too. .
Old 08-15-2010, 08:48 AM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Good Morning Friends

Scale remains the same.... I almost feel like it's stuck on that number, doesn't even fluctuate .2lb - ha! I foolishly agreed to work a double today... that means a 15 hour shift, 11am-2am. I don't know what I was thinking but I hope it doesn't kill me!

IM2, thank you so much for everything!! I just know I will be "seeing" a lot less of you come October!! Do you think you'll go all of September without weighing, too? My job does know I am leaving and no leave, I opted to just quit. I want to come back and start anew, doing something else. I am beginning to think I might just get back into eBay full time, working for myself. The money at the bar is not that great in the winter anyway, so I don't feel there's much to come back to. I am sure I will be in panic mode when I get back since I'll have no income coming in and it really forces me to stick with my budget, while in Europe, which by the way is 117$ a day. Seems like a lot but that has to include paying for a hostel each night, food, drink, some transportation, museum entrance fees, etc etc. I am sure it'll go quick! Oh and I am so glad you're on the hot sauce bandwagon! It makes everything seem so much less bland! You gotta try my chicken soup recipe... Just ground chicken, or cubed breast, 50% sodium chicken broth and then pour in some hot sauce, to your liking... I usually use Tabasco because it's really low in sodium. Chicken soup, with a kick and the steam even opens up your sinuses! Al should try it! IM, so sorry to hear about that guy, will you get an update today? My sister and her husband ride a motorcycle and I am always so scared for them. I like motorcycles, I really do, but I am too scared to ride one. I can relate just riding my bicycle, lots of people don't even notice you and cut you off all the time!

Speaking of shake weight, where the heck is Denise!?!?

Al, so sorry to hear you're feeling sick. Read my chicken soup recipe above and have some, I hope it helps!

Anythingwilldo, I have never had any sort of kidney pain from low carbing but I am sure to drink a minimum of 1 gallon of water every day. I think bigbass had a little bit of kidney pain but he hasn't checked in for a while so I have no update on that. From what I remember, he was definitely not drinking enough water.

Squishy, I think a vacation sounds like the best birthday gift ever!! I love to travel and when it comes to big gifts, vacations are always on the top of my list!

So what's everyone doing on their Sunday??
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)

Last edited by GwnStfni; 08-15-2010 at 09:01 AM..
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:59 AM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post

So what's everyone doing on their Sunday??
Absolutely NOTHING and enjoying every minute of it It's cloudy here today so I don't think going out in the back to sun bathe will happen today...
But on the plus side down 12.9 2.7 more to go and I will be in 130's!! CRAZZZZZZZZY suff
Old 08-15-2010, 10:32 AM   #480
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan$$
Stats: now: 160 (estimate)/120
WOE: stillman's
Start Date: restarting 18 April 2011
I AM STARTING BACK ON STILLMAN'S TOMORROW. I WILL RUN EACH DAY AND DO AN EGGS DIET.

3 MEALS PER DAY -

either
2-3 EGGS, PEPPER, SALT AND SMALL AMOUNT OF TOMATO PASTE (SUBSITITUTE FOR KETCHUP)

or
COTTAGE CHEESE IF SICK OF THE EGGS

I WEIGH ABOUT 146LBS NOW AS I HAVE BEEN BINGEING ON SUGAR FOR 15 DAYS.

I MUST LOSE THIS WEIGHT. MOST OF MY CLOTHES DON'T FIT.

I HAVE BOUGHT THE BOOK AND THE QUICK WEIGHT LOSS DIET IS SUPPOSED TO PRODUCE WEIGHT LOSS OF 5LBS PER WEEK.

I AM GOING FOR 3LBS PER WEEK.

MY GOAL WEIGHT IS 120LBS.

I HAVE A BIG EVENT - BROTHER'S WEDDING - IN 5 WEEKS.

BY THEN I SHOULD BE 12-15LBS LIGHTER AND WEIGH 130-133LBS. I.E 1 DRESS SIZE LOWER. SLIM LEGS, SLIMMER HIPS

MOTIVATION:
FORGOING SUGAR AND CARBS IS WORTH IT TO BE:
IN THE LOW 130s AGAIN AND
TO WEAR GREAT CLOTHES AND
NOT TO BE SELF CONSCIOUS AND
TO LOOK BETTER.
Susan$$ is offline   Reply With Quote