Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 02:08 AM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hello all. It's the morning of day five and I have lost a total of six pounds Stillman's is great! TOM is here but my weight is still dropping so I'm a happy girl...Gonna update my stats.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2010, 02:27 AM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Just noticed...I have lost TWENTY pounds since joining this site in late May. It's amazing because if I am honest, I have spent more time off plan than on.:blush: Plus, I have been on two holidays in that time where I ate like a pig and drank like a fish.:blush: Today is a turning point for me...I know I will reach my goal and no longer just hope to.

Stillman's rocks.

Last edited by makemeslim; 08-12-2010 at 02:55 AM..
Old 08-12-2010, 04:31 AM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Down 8.5.... I love getting on the scale everyday and seeing a loss Especially during TOM. 8 more days till boyfriend comes home...let's see how much I can keep losing!
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
Down 8.5.... I love getting on the scale everyday and seeing a loss Especially during TOM. 8 more days till boyfriend comes home...let's see how much I can keep losing!
You are making great progress!
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:17 AM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Just noticed...I have lost TWENTY pounds since joining this site in late May. It's amazing because if I am honest, I have spent more time off plan than on.:blush: Plus, I have been on two holidays in that time where I ate like a pig and drank like a fish.:blush: Today is a turning point for me...I know I will reach my goal and no longer just hope to.

Stillman's rocks.

You are a great testament to Stillman's - it does work We can go off plan and then get back on and start losing again Great job!
Old 08-12-2010, 08:22 AM   #396
Senior LCF Member

Why do we love things that don't love us???

I used to love getting on the scale because it usually loved me back by showing a loss (however slight). BUT, for the past few days it is TAUNTING me with ONDERLAND

I get ohhhh so close and then....NOPE! Back up a couple of pounds Then back down......sigh. Wish I could blame it on TOM but I'm past that stage.

I will keep eating the Stillman's way and pray that this is just my body adjusting and losing inches and SOON I will see the needle drop below 200 and STAY!

......I can train my dogs to DOWN and STAY - why can't I train myself and the scale???
Old 08-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks
Luckily the bad mood made me forget all about food!! Instead of going straight for the fridge I just pouted all night...lol. But luckily I have back up plans. I sub in a few districts on Long Island...so it's better than nothing!
Squishy - my daughter graduated with a degree in Secondary Education in May and still has not found a job We live in Georgia where most of the counties are struggling - the Govenor has agreed to allow schools to increase the classroom size in order to lay off teachers to save money. Some classes have 40-45 kids in them. What a nightmare for the poor teachers and kids.

She is going to start applying overseas.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:28 AM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Good Afternoon!

It's almost 2:00 pm. My side cramps are better since I took all of those extra potassium pills. In 2 more hours, I will be heading home. Whoo-Hoo! Then I will be taking some more CO. Hopefully tomorrow will be my DAY!

-Dustin
Dustin - How are you doing today? Is the increase in potassium helping? Just know that I am here struggling right along with you!

I've got chicken and tuna planned for today - what is everyone else eating??
Old 08-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #399
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post

Stillman's rocks.
Quote:
Outstanding work! I can't wait to have some great losses of my own to report.
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well done Squishy! Keep it up.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:48 AM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Why do we love things that don't love us???

I used to love getting on the scale because it usually loved me back by showing a loss (however slight). BUT, for the past few days it is TAUNTING me with ONDERLAND

I get ohhhh so close and then....NOPE! Back up a couple of pounds Then back down......sigh. Wish I could blame it on TOM but I'm past that stage.

I will keep eating the Stillman's way and pray that this is just my body adjusting and losing inches and SOON I will see the needle drop below 200 and STAY!

......I can train my dogs to DOWN and STAY - why can't I train myself and the scale???
Hi there Swebb...I know it is very frustrating when the scale won't budge but fear not, you will soon be rewarded with a big whoosh! Onederland is just around the corner for you my friend so hang on.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:52 AM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiley2801 View Post
Outstanding work! I can't wait to have some great losses of my own to report.
Thanks Kiley...the whoosh fairy will soon be with you.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hi everyone! Scale was down a bit today I thought it might be up because I had a few drinks last night and ate dinner late. I wondered if maybe I was just dehydrated from drinking but I chugged like half a gallon of water before bed so IDK.

Makeme, congrats on the loss! I have no doubt you will make goal!

Actually, it looks like we have lots of losers around here this week!

I had my two hard boiled eggs for breakfast, having two burgers for lunch and IDK what for dinner yet... Don't forget your vitamins, peeps!!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Dustin! If you have a Kroger by you . packets of tuna are .49 each! I stocked up today.. you should too! I now have tuna in my purse.. in my car .. in my desk .. .in my fridge. . in my... Ahh.. I'm a walking tuna fish!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:59 PM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya everyone. . I feel like I've been gone for so long. . super duper busy this week . . I've stuck to plan almost all week except I did have a peach OK..two.) . someone brought them in fresh from their trees and I couldn't resist. . I absolutely love fresh produce and figured a itty bitty peach couldn't hurt. . I just hope it didn't throw me out of the burn mode..I have been good. . haven't weighed myself cuz I have a deal with someone. . but I feel better!

How has everyone else done?
Old 08-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Hi Peeps! Today is my 5 month Stillmanversary. I have lost 58 pounds during that time. I have kept it almost 100 pure QWL and just now started exercising (at Curves) 3 days a week.

I still have days when I am really tired. When that happens I eat more fatty meat for a day or 2. I take my vitamins and minerals. I try to get at least 100 oz of water in a day.

I still have a long way to go but I see a glimmer of a light(er) (person) at the end.

I could not have made it this far without the support of this group!! Thank you to everyone!
wo wo WOW WTG girl-SO inspiring!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Isn't it a terrific, wonderful, powerful feeling NOT to be obsessed with FOOD and what am I going to eat next????
Congrats SP!!!
Amen to that sista-I am amazed every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Congrats, swebb and Happy Anni (: I hope you see ONEderland tomorrow!!!

Enjoy the show, Al! I am jealous of all your concert-going! I Eminem too Just like me, chips and salsa are my ultimate weakness!! And they go soooo darn well with Patron!! Enjoy yourself at the show!

Congrats to all you losers! Looks like we had a bumpy patch there but most of us got our resolve back, myself included!

Peeps, I'm suddenly starting to feel really panic-y! I can't believe it but I leave for Europe in 2 1/2 weeks! In 2 1/2 weeks I will be jobless for the first time in my life! I've been dieting for 6 months straight now and I absolutely fear that I may completely blow it, while in Europe, and not be able to get "it" back. What will I do when I can't check in here every day??? I won't be able to check in here for 6 whole weeks!! I WON'T be able to WEIGH for 6 whole weeks!! Just out of the blue, back in Jan... Feb... March... I don't remember exactly, but I decided to finally go backpacking, to lose some weight and to quit my job and NOW it's really coming to fruition. I'm finally a decent size, the schedule at work is filled in beyond my last day and my name isn't there and in 2 1/2 weeks my feet will be touching soil outside of the US for the first time in my 32 years here. I've been so focused on making money and planning and dieting and basically in autopilot and now reality is setting in and it's freaky, uncertain, yet very liberating. I told myself I would go off QWL 2 weeks before I leave... Now I'm telling myself that I'll go off QWL the week before I leave... but in my head, I DONT WANT to go off QWL before I leave and I'm beginning to think that's the new plan... I want to lose all the weight I can before I leave with my boneless, skinless chicken breast in hand as I board the plane for Copenhagen. Am I crazy? I should allow my body to adjust to carbs before I leave... or pay the price in unfamiliar territory... But do I want to board that plane at 148lbs or 162lbs. I think I'm just gonna keep on trucking. QWL until I land in Denmark. My paranoia over possible tummy upsets, if anything, will keep my eating to a minimum and calories low.

Okay... just babbling now... The most exciting part of it all, will finally be putting myself off auto pilot and really experiencing new and different things every day and yes that even includes food!

good night.
Oh, Gwn, if only you knew that one day in your future tou will look back in wonder at that fearless feeling to be young and on your own.......you will SO look back and be glad you did this. Besides, you're Spanish, trotting around Europe will feel like a second nature! This is how your great great great grandmother felt about coming to the USA! You will be so amazed at living in a place that goes back thousands of years it will absorb you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Thank you Alerieaaa and CCgirl for your encouraging words! I so appreciate it. In response to the "boob" jpbs, I am wanting a breast reduction. It costs about 10,000. However, if I make my goal, which I will, the insurance will kick in and pay for it. Now how is that for motivation? A breast enhancement costs about the same in California. It was half the price for most surgeons last year. Surgeons told the "their cost is going up..." I suppose for the hospital, really?? To GwnStfni, just know that you are protected as you travel. Holland is very clean, I hear, and the food should be as well. Certainly they have carb counters somewhere over there? You won't have access to the internet to log onto lo carb friends?
Get that goal and free boobs! Oh yeah, baby, the Dutch are sooo cool.

Quote:
Soo I got about 3 hours of sleep because my AC is broken and it's about 100 degrees in my house...yuck. But on the plus side I woke up .8lb thinner...for a total of....8lbs lost (I couldn't lose a LB!!) I lost a few lbs before starting Stillmans but this diet really is working and kicked start my weight loss. I'm SO excited. The boyfriend will be home in 8 days...and I know I can lose some more weight before that time! (And after that of course!) I haven't been below 148 in...... 3 years...! So it's a wonderful feeling. Goodbye forever 150's!!
Have a nice day everyone.
woot woot seeeyaaaaa I'm soo jealous, but I will catch up, I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Okay, I need some advice. I never had muscle cramps this bad before. I'm taking the following vitamins:

Men's one a day vitamin
Calcium
Potassium
Magnesium

Is there anything else I can try to eliminate all of those cramps. It is worse on my side.... almost like I am getting a stitch in my side from running.

Something that will work pretty much right away???

-Dustin
Dusty watch those side pains=kidneys-water yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxielove View Post
Good morning everyone (I'm in California and with the time difference I always feel so far behind!) -

Checking in - today is day three and so far I have lost exactly two pounds (I'm ashamed to confess I'm a little disappointed it's not more :blush, and my fasting blood sugar has dropped almost 100 points (I let it get ridiculously high).

I go back to work the day after tomorrow, and I'm a little nervous because the teacher's lounge is notorious for being full of junk food. I've stopped eating lunch in there because I need the extra time in my room to grade papers, but it's right next to the copy machine, and there will be a lot of before school starts meetings in there next week. I will make sure I have plenty of chicken in my purse!

I'm also taking my son to see his favorite group AllStar Weekend (not exactly Eminem! ) at the House of Blues in Anaheim on Saturday, which means avoiding all the delicious treats in Downtown Disney and dealing with lunch at the Rainforest Cafe (his favorite), but I'm going to be positive and get through it. This is my son's "end of summer" and "aww, I'm sorry you have to get glasses and you're only 8!" treat - I need to remember who the day is for (and not let well-meaning DH talk me into "one little bite!" - naturally, he's thin).

Make it a great day, everyone!
How about born going blind (detached retina) and an eye patch AND glasses after surgery at his age-OMG I was the pirate with the cat eye horn rims with rhinestones

still catching up
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wanna go with Gwn!!! Gwn. . you up for a walking partner! There are days, I tell ya. . when i wouldn't hesitate. . my day was terrible today. . work was just sucky and it is hotter than heck and I haven't walked .. and I still have stupid hair. .
Ok Pity party over. . time to get serious. .
Old 08-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats makem.. 20 pounds is awesome. . I love 20 pounds lighter. . .
Old 08-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Kiley! so glad you decided to jump on the train. . or is it get on the horse.. Whatever the case. . you're in for a ride so hold on!! We roll..
Old 08-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

will someone please explain why I still feel so very fat? I feel like I did 25 pounds ago.. how is that possible? I must have been super, duper fat and now I'm only a little fat. . I hate squishy parts. . (No offense, squishy. I still love your name!). ..speaking of squishy. . where are all you peeps hiding tonight! It is Thursday. .and the weekend is right around the corner. .
Old 08-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
IM I wish I had an answer for you... I still feel as fat now as I did when I began at 231lbs!! What gives?? I hate it

I love your new avi

I am stuffed on burgers. Just had my CO ice cube bark Debating going out for a drink or two... But feeling as stuffed as I do, it's going to take some heavy convincing to get me out... Not to mention it's so humid and dreary and drizzling outside. I'll check in with you peeps in the morning. Sweet dreams!

Yam Yam, where are you dear??
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/165/160 5'5"
I'm reporting in...I haven't cheated...but I've been bouncing around 183-185 for a week now. TOM came today...maybe that will help things.

I feel gross...bloated...but I'm hangin in there!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:08 PM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
will someone please explain why I still feel so very fat? I feel like I did 25 pounds ago.. how is that possible? I must have been super, duper fat and now I'm only a little fat. . I hate squishy parts. . (No offense, squishy. I still love your name!). ..speaking of squishy. . where are all you peeps hiding tonight! It is Thursday. .and the weekend is right around the corner. .
Haha...that made me "lol".

Let's see...my night...Well I've been bored as heck all night. I decided to quit my full time teacher aide job to go back to substitute teaching...*crosses fingers that was a smart move...and I'm not insane for giving up my job....
My summer internship is over. I have a whole entire week off until my boyfriend comes home!! What to do. Job hunting like crazy...If it's nice tomorrow I think a day by my pool will be nice

8.5lbs down....such happy feelings.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:39 PM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Squish! I want a boyfriend, too! There are days I really miss having one.. Hubbies just aren't the same.. they come with a lot of cooking, cleaning and laundry...boyfriends go home.. lol..did I just say that? Sorry all you hubbies out there. . I've said it before.. I want a wife!
Old 08-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I'm reporting in...I haven't cheated...but I've been bouncing around 183-185 for a week now. TOM came today...maybe that will help things.

I feel gross...bloated...but I'm hangin in there!!
Becky! WTG. . I gain 5 to 7 #'s during that time! You rock! Congrat yourself and celebrate with something new.. books. .shoes.. clothes! Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 08-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Not sure about the coconut oil...

Way to go for all you losers out there! I almost lost another pound this morning. I needed .4 more to go! Then I decided not to be so picky about it! The scale dropped after being on this for 12 days, every day!

My thinking isn't so clear, and my kidney area hurt, even though I am drinking my 100+ oz of water every day.

My blood sugar was down to 113 tonight, although after eating lunch it was at 132. Mmm. I haven't strayed from my diet, but realize since a week ago Wednesday I have eliminated all diet soda and hot dogs from my diet. It was good though to start out with those crutches to get me going. I also have very little cottage cheese, only as a once in awhile filler for the boiled eggs.

Chicken,grass fed beef, turkey patties and tons and tons of mustard; LOL. After I get down to goal weight (49 lbs) I will experiment with new additions. I have not added coconut oil. Does Stillmans allow this?
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:22 PM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Anything: for the most part, I think most of us are CO virgins and still trying to work out the bugs ..Gwn has had awesome results on CO..mine have been so/so.. I call it a success in that I haven't gained....always a plus!.. I think it gives me extra energy..so I keep doing it! hope it helps
Old 08-13-2010, 05:12 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Anything: for the most part, I think most of us are CO virgins and still trying to work out the bugs ..Gwn has had awesome results on CO..mine have been so/so.. I call it a success in that I haven't gained....always a plus!.. I think it gives me extra energy..so I keep doing it! hope it helps
I appreciate the appetite reduction from CO...and the energy boost. I'm not sure if it's really helping me lose any faster. I'm sort of stuck at 183 right now.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:16 AM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

I had my cholesterol and thyroid checked...

Everything was fine except cholesterol. The only numbers she gave me was the overall cholesterol is 212 (Should be 100 -199) ... and the bad cholesterol is 137 (should be 0-99).

I've read a few threads on LCF that says you really need your triglicereides (sp) number too and you do some sort of calculations to get your real status.

Soooooo confusing....

I thought since low carbing for two months I would have great results!

I don't want to give up red meat!!!

Last edited by becky123abc; 08-13-2010 at 05:18 AM..
Old 08-13-2010, 07:29 AM   #420
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Squish! I want a boyfriend, too! There are days I really miss having one.. Hubbies just aren't the same.. they come with a lot of cooking, cleaning and laundry...boyfriends go home.. lol..did I just say that? Sorry all you hubbies out there. . I've said it before.. I want a wife!
Hehe. I used to live with mine...for 2 years! Then I shipped him off to the Caribbean! Just kidding He's off in the Caribbean going to medical school! And no, sadly it isn't as nice as it seems. He stays in his little teeny apartment ALL DAY and ALL night studying...but he's almost done and will be home in 6 days (after not seeing each other for 4 months!)

PLUS!!!! I went on the scale...and drum roll....I have officially lost 10 lbs. So I'm not sure who said I could do it when I had my melt down a few days ago...but you were so right. I'm as happy as happy could be. Life is good