Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 12:03 PM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Thought for the day:

"I’d gone through life believing in the strength and competence of
others; never in my own. Now, dazzled, I discovered that my
capacities were real. It was like finding a fortune in the lining of
an old coat." --Joan Mills*

We need to believe in ourselves!!!
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2010, 12:43 PM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OMG> .I logged in tonight and thought it was DeJeVu! . . So happy to see you are back .. I'm just doing a quick fly by but will catch up on the morning . Twas excited to see those lucious lips of yours! Hhehehe

Hi there I'm2. It's great to be back. This morning I was down 4lb after just a day. I know it's probs water but I'm sure as hell happy about it, I can tell ya. About the kid thing my eldest is 19 in a couple of months and I don't see things easing up any time soon where she is concerned, lol. Although we are back home my kids aged 10 and 18 (adult I know, but still my baby) are on a holiday with family for another week and I am missing them sooo much...I don't know what to do with myself, especially now hubby is back at work. Less washing, less cleaning, less cooking...what's a girl to do...I know, go shopping.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ok Gals. . (and Dustin = Whatever// where are you????? We need you!! lOG IN!)

Anyway.. i was so good today.. my pee was clear. . I did not burp. .I have energy and I got hot flashes from the CO!!! WTG Yippeee. . Yay, me! My hubby decided he is doing CO with me. .(I have mixed feelings about that) but he did clean the toy box. .ran to the store. .fed the kids. .cleaned the living room. (I think I love CO now. . anyone who looks at the toy box deserves a high five!!!).. Those of you who have kids.. does it eve rmake you sick to think that you've spent $50.00 on a toy that your kids no longer even look at. . some of those transformer toys really get me. . sorry for the rambling thoughts.. I'm just excited I did not cheat tonight.. I've been perfect!! No more cravings!
Tell me about it...my son has all these pricey toys and gadgets (a lot of them given as presents) but his fav toy is a £5 action figure, which he never seems to tire of...yet the other stuff hardly makes it out the box!
Old 08-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Well it's been a week since I got back on plan (after my Chicago carb week!) and I have lost the 10 pounds I gained PLUS 2 more So that is a total of 12 pounds GONE in a week - gotta love QWL and MEAT!
Wow! WTG...I'm liking those figures.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Ya know what. . Your boyfriend will love you no matter how/what/where you are. . . put on something fluffly and flooffyt..black always works for me. .that puts you both in the mood and you will be rockin his world. . just do what makes you feel good and you will be in the mood in no time! Just do it. . life is tooo friggin short! rock on girl. .you can do it. . one week .. you can be down at least a size. . lets do it together. .I wanna feel great by next Sunday, too!
that made me laugh

You're on...I'm ready. Yesterday and today so far have been GREAT! No Carbs for me. And I feel good....not really having any cravings. I had some sugar free Jello as a snack...but that's it and I'm not really hungry either
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxielove View Post
Good morning everyone! After three weeks of lurking I finally gathered up the courage to start QWL this morning. It had everything to do with the warm responses I got to some questions Saturday, so thank you for the information and encouragement. I'm really frightened of failing - again - but school starts two weeks from today and I don't want to have to buy all new work clothes because nothing from last year fits. Have a great day!
Hi there Doxie Don't be afraid...you can do it.! We are all cheering you on. I'm on day 2...the first few days are always the hardest but when you see how quickly your weight drops it spurs you on. Keep it up.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well it's been a week since I got back on plan (after my Chicago carb week!) and I have lost the 10 pounds I gained PLUS 2 more So that is a total of 12 pounds GONE in a week - gotta love QWL and MEAT!
That's SOOOO cool. I'm trying to do that!!!
Old 08-09-2010, 03:13 PM   #278
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hello there Ladies and Gent!!! It appears that everyone is on track and doing great! Thats awesome!!!

anything will do! I sure hope you're eating more than egg whites!!! You are gonna love the results that QWL brings. Make sure you keep fillin us in.

You too Doxie! you can do this!!!

IM2 - Not only do I have a storage box of transformers, but they are all broken! Mostly my fault because my 5 years old would ask me to transform them and I could never figure it out!!

I was watching that hoarder show last night and the big talk for the evening was how I cant get rid of all the toys!!! (and everything else) I spent sooooo much money on kids stuff over the last 5 years... its depressing. The kiddies beg for it, I buy, and they love it for a moment or two and then it gets tossed over the shoulder or kicked under the bed. I have been much better at saying no over the last few months. I think the only new toys they've gotten were from a kids meal. So, I keep wanting to have a tag sale or do the ebay thing but it never works out. Hubby asked me what I thought I could make after selling it all, and said he would give me the money to get rid of it! I told him $8500. He quickly said to me..you are not getting new boobs.. he knows me too well...
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:14 PM   #279
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyPunim413 View Post
That's SOOOO cool. I'm trying to do that!!!
YOU WILL DO THAT!!
Old 08-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #280
Blabbermouth!!!

I never do this but today at burger King, I ordered 2 double hamburgers from the $ menu.. Asked for just meat and bun..(I was too nervous to ask for them on a plate - I dont know why!) So they were measly, but I only ate 3. Im practicing portion control peeps! Now Im getting ready to grill up some real burgers and have a feast! TOM is here and I need some FAT! The good kind!

My CO is out on the deck melting...want to make that bark tonight and its very much a hard solid right now. Should be ready in 5 min with the heat out there!!!
Old 08-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #281
Blabbermouth!!!

GWN- Bring Bastardino back!!
Old 08-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Help Help!!

A friend wants to go to an Italian Restaurant tonight....(my nightmare!) But I'm going to be good!! Any low carb options??? I was thinking grilled chicken in a salad...but dressing??? Eeek...If it was up to me I'd stay home and eat but I haven't seen her in so long and she's a picky eater! Helppppppppppppp lol
Old 08-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #283
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Help Help!!

A friend wants to go to an Italian Restaurant tonight....(my nightmare!) But I'm going to be good!! Any low carb options??? I was thinking grilled chicken in a salad...but dressing??? Eeek...If it was up to me I'd stay home and eat but I haven't seen her in so long and she's a picky eater! Helppppppppppppp lol
grilled chicken...dont eat the veggies or get a steak! I know you probably want to hear something else. Im sorry!
Old 08-09-2010, 03:49 PM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Choices: fresh breast of grilled chicken marinated in balsamic vinegar & imported
seasonings, topped with a medley of sauteed fresh garden vegetables

OR fresh marinated and grilled skirt steak served over mesculin greens, tossed with
diced Roma tomatoes, red onions and a touch of imported gorgonzola cheese drizzled
with our“Tuscan” style Italian dressing
Old 08-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
grilled chicken...dont eat the veggies or get a steak! I know you probably want to hear something else. Im sorry!
Noooo that's what I want to hear! The chicken option sounds good...veggies can go to my bunnies...hehe.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: doxielove
Stats: 177.8/145.4/120
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 07.08.13
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hi there Doxie Don't be afraid...you can do it.! We are all cheering you on. I'm on day 2...the first few days are always the hardest but when you see how quickly your weight drops it spurs you on. Keep it up.
I've been on a lot of threads, but this one is by far the friendliest, most encouraging one ever! Thank you to everyone for making me feel so welcome. I passed my first hurdle - I took my 8 year old son to the movies and didn't eat any popcorn! (I had a chicken breast in my purse - my son thinks I'm so weird!)
doxielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Choices: fresh breast of grilled chicken marinated in balsamic vinegar & imported
seasonings, topped with a medley of sauteed fresh garden vegetables

OR fresh marinated and grilled skirt steak served over mesculin greens, tossed with
diced Roma tomatoes, red onions and a touch of imported gorgonzola cheese drizzled
with our“Tuscan” style Italian dressing
I vote for the chicken and ask them to put the veggies on the side
Old 08-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I've been on a lot of threads, but this one is by far the friendliest, most encouraging one ever! Thank you to everyone for making me feel so welcome. I passed my first hurdle - I took my 8 year old son to the movies and didn't eat any popcorn! (I had a chicken breast in my purse - my son thinks I'm so weird!)
I know how hard that was as I love popcorn!!

PS - your son will think you are weird from now until he's got kids of his own
Old 08-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I know how hard that was as I love popcorn!!

PS - your son will think you are weird from now until he's got kids of his own
This is true....I'm 24 and still think my parents are weird
Old 08-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
That's Great! Way to roll. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:44 PM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Good Afternoon!

Yes, Times are tough everywhere! I know there are BIG demand for English teachers in Russia and Ukraine. Every time I go to Ukraine, I always meet strangers who just wants to practice their English out in the streets or on the train.

I'm still holding in there. I drank almost 64 ounces of water and been running to the bathroom quite a bit! I'll consider that as part of my new exercise program!

I've been nibbling on my chicken throughout the day. So far, so good!! The hardest part will be going home. This is where I fall off the horse.

-Dustin
you can do it, Dustin. .Drizzle some hot sauce on your chicken. That's been my new saving grace. .I never knew I was a fan of hot suace until I had a really dry piece of chicken one day. .now I love it! It is great for the ole' metabolism, too. . .One meal at a time. .we can do this!
Old 08-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

I was watching that hoarder show last night and the big talk for the evening was how I cant get rid of all the toys!!! (and everything else) I spent sooooo much money on kids stuff over the last 5 years... its depressing. The kiddies beg for it, I buy, and they love it for a moment or two and then it gets tossed over the shoulder or kicked under the bed. I have been much better at saying no over the last few months. I think the only new toys they've gotten were from a kids meal. So, I keep wanting to have a tag sale or do the ebay thing but it never works out. Hubby asked me what I thought I could make after selling it all, and said he would give me the money to get rid of it! I told him $8500. He quickly said to me..you are not getting new boobs.. he knows me too well...
I watched the same show! Hubby thinks I have a hoarding problem because when I have coupons. . I buy multiples. . why not? He laughed cuz I brought home 6 tubes of toothpaste last week. . Seriously. .they were $10.00 for $10.00 and I had 6 coupons for $1.00 off. . how could I not get them? However, he sure doesn't complain when we are out of something and he just goes to the "supply" cabinet!!

I've been donating toys to the Good Will. . I just don't have time for a sale and I get the tax break that way. .For every new toy, the kids have to donate 2. Books are another thing. . I love that they love them . but with 5 readers. .it can overtake your house.

Hubbies! of course you could get him to see the light. . New boobs for you. . clean house for him. .or vice versa!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 08-09-2010 at 04:56 PM..
Old 08-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ontopofmygame
Rebounders

Rebounder trampolines are great for jumping! I only am doing 10 minutes a day, and must do it first thing, or it gets lost. I have lost about 7 lbs this week on meat and egg whites, with very little cottage cheese and lots of water. I was fortunate to be able to obsess about it this week, which helped my determination. I hope to stay with it as life will become busier. I am 50 and menopausal, so that 7 lbs is a miracle.
ontopofmygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/166/160 5'5"
Anythingwilldo!!! 7 pounds is terrific!!! What a great way to start!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #295
Blabbermouth!!!

I just had to run back here and give a huge shout out to whoever invented coconut bark!! This stuff is wonderful!!! I had an "ice cube" before dinner, 2 plain burgers, and I just popped another "ice cube" in. Heavenly... its not registering as a cheat in my brain, so all is good!

(I hope it keeps me up all night!) Anyone see Jennifers Body? Thats on the playlist tonight....
Old 08-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #296
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anythingwilldo View Post
Rebounder trampolines are great for jumping! I only am doing 10 minutes a day, and must do it first thing, or it gets lost. I have lost about 7 lbs this week on meat and egg whites, with very little cottage cheese and lots of water. I was fortunate to be able to obsess about it this week, which helped my determination. I hope to stay with it as life will become busier. I am 50 and menopausal, so that 7 lbs is a miracle.
Oh how fun!! I wish I had room in the yard for one! The kids would have to fight me for it! you are doing great! 7 pounds is awesome!!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #297
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I passed my first hurdle - I took my 8 year old son to the movies and didn't eat any popcorn! (I had a chicken breast in my purse - my son thinks I'm so weird!)
You are golden!! So prepared! WTG!!! Im gonna have to bring my crispy ground beef crumbles next time I hit the theatres! Great idea!!!

- you are not alone in your weirdness...
Old 08-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #298
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Seriously. .they were $10.00 for $10.00 and I had 6 coupons for $1.00 off. . how could I not get them?
SUPER SHOPPER!!! Woohoo!
Old 08-09-2010, 07:01 PM   #299
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a great night everyone!!!! BB in the AM!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Have a great night everyone!!!! BB in the AM!
Goodnight

Question- Is it normal to have stomach issues during the first few days/weeks? The past few nights after I've eaten dinner, I felt kind of nautious? (sorry I can't spell!) It eventually goes away but I've noticed it the past few nights...just wondering if this is normal..?