Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
No Lie. . Stillman's Losers will shrink in July

Happy July, Everyone. Join the party and leave that fat behind. . No matter what plan you are following, we would love to see a lot less of you on our board day after day! We challenge all you lurkers to post. . You'll be pleasantly surprised at how much our members care about you and your efforts! Questions? Just ask. . .Comments. . Let it rip. . Rants. . Whine away. . We've all been there, done that!

Dr.Stillman's ~“INCHES-OFF DIET”
Dr.Stillmans ~14 Day Shape Up Program
Dr.Stillman's ~Quick Weight Loss Diet
Stillman Recipes

For July. . I would like to challenge all posters to list the reason(s) they want to lose the weight at the beginning of the month and at the end of the month. . list what you love about the weight you have lost! I am sure it will encourage someone, make another laugh and maybe make someone cry. . We are all doing this to live better, longer and learn to love ourselves once and for all! So. .Join us today. What are you "Weighting" for?

Last edited by IM2fat; 06-30-2010 at 06:10 PM..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My July list of wants!

To fit into every skirt in my closet
To finally fit into a size L shirt
To tuck my size L shirt in
To wear a pretty belt. not my hubby's
To feel more confident when I leave the house, to love myself and to see myself as hubby does
To finally break free of the 150's. .once and for all. . .
To feel sexy. . just once
To grow my fingernails and wear nail polish at least once this month
To shake my shake weight and firm up those wings. (Denise. .I miss you!!)
To walk at least 15,000 steps twice a week. . 10,000 the rest
To ditch my control top panty hose and go commando on the third Friday of the month!

What do you want in July? Nosey people wanna know!

Last edited by IM2fat; 06-30-2010 at 06:20 PM..
Old 06-30-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
I answered several posts on the June thread.........

Here is what I found out about Coconut oil and why it may not be so bad for Stillman's:

Researchers now know that weight loss associated with coconut oil is related to the length of the fatty acid chains contained in coconut oil. Coconut oil contains what are called medium chain fatty acids, or medium chain triglycerides (MCTs for short). These medium chain fatty acids are different from the common longer chain fatty acids found in other plant-based oils. Most vegetable oils are composed of longer chain fatty acids, or triglycerides (LCTs). LCTs are typically stored in the body as fat, while MCTs are burned for energy. MCTs burn up quickly in the body. Coconut oil is nature’s richest source of MCTs that increase metabolic rates and lead to weight loss. MCTs promote what is called thermogenesis. Thermogenesis increases the body's metabolism, producing energy.

Further, CO tend to help heep the body's insulin level even - further helping weight loss.
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:19 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Im2-thank you for doing the thread!! I love your July wants---especially the last one!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:19 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

hmmm I might have to get me some CO!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 03:39 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Happy July everyone!!!!

It is the month of my birthday, and I am going to make this month work for me. The last couple of days weren't good. But I'm ready to take on Stillman. I have to go clothes shopping today for work clothes in boiling hot weather. I will report back later. My goals for July are as follows:

1. Reach the healthy BMI range (anything under 189 lbs for me) by my birthday (25th July).
2. No bingeing. I have to differentiate between bingeing and cheating, as I know that it is inevitable that there may be some jumping naughty foods, but as long as that doesn't cause a binge, I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Just pick myself up as quickly as possible and move on.
3. Complete every week of C25K.
4. Start doing pilates on non C25K days.
5. Appreciate every pound that I lose. It's not a race or a competition, and I need to remember that any weight that I lose is an improvement, even if it isn't as much as I'd like. I need to remember how I felt 30 lbs ago.
6. Enjoy a day off on my birthday, but get right back on to Stillman's the next day

I think that's all. Off to have a shower and then go shopping

Last edited by kamills; 07-01-2010 at 03:40 AM..
kamills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:48 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi Everyone!!! What a great start to a new month!! Lovin the goals!!!! We are gonna rock this month!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:58 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

been away for a few but have been on plan..I've added in eggs to my daily menus but portion control is still too tough. No more eggs starting today. just meat, meat, meat!!! Gonna see if I can get to 110 this month and if Im still not satisfied with my legs, I will have to hunt down a thighmaster and rock it Somers Style!

Hubby took a pic of me bending over the other day.... I laughed and said you like my big booty? He said look at your monstrous legs... he was kidding of course, but I know the real deal...gotta get proportioned so that means exercise!! maybe even need to try inches off to minimize my calves....the only place I have muscle!

those arent great goals, but thats what Ive got right now!

gotta go back now and catch up on June...
Old 07-01-2010, 04:59 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2- is that 153, I see??? Awesome!!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:16 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hi Guys. I have not been here for a little while (life kinda got in the way). I did manage to stick with Stillman's for the most part but a few days ago I went off track for a couple of days. Anyway, I have been back on Stillmans for two days and am ready to start dropping again. Hope everyone is good and doing well.
Makeme
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:21 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
Happy July everyone!!!!

It is the month of my birthday, and I am going to make this month work for me. The last couple of days weren't good.
Let's look on the bright side -- You made the 10 pound challenge last month!!! You are an ispiration to me, anyway. Happy birthmonth!
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:29 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Hello, Makeme!

Thanks, Sharon, for that info about coconut oil! I will have to get me some more and add it in again. At least on the Atkins or maintenance days. I never noticed about heating up after taking it, I don't know if I want to do that in the summer, but it would be worth it if it is burning calories!

Can I have a drumroll please, for my morning weight? First a disclaimer; My scale hates me and gives various weights when I step on and of and then on again. So the fifth time I got on it said 164. But here's what it said the FIRST time this morning ------------------- 160!!! Down from a low of 164 over the past few days. I'm going with 162 for the official weight, but it was still great to see that! Oh, I would love to be in the 150's!!

Now, to get ready for that interview. IM2 just reminded me that nail polish looks nice.....
Old 07-01-2010, 05:50 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kelleykalapaki
Stats: 265/250/180
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: August 2011
Happy July my friends!
I'm so happy NO MORE STEROIDS! I look forward to feeling "normal" again.

July goals get to 199.

Okay...I'll go commando at the water park at least once! haha
kelleykalapaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:51 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kelleykalapaki
Stats: 265/250/180
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: August 2011
Hi Makeme!
kelleykalapaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:11 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Peeps! What a great way to start my day. .I love your July Wants! Now let's make it happen.. .

Scale was officially the same this morning so I'm moving into July a little smaller and little cockier! I just have to remember to keep my thin mind set and my attitude should stay in check. I finally woke up Not Starving! That is a good sign.. Ketosis must be kicking into overdrive this morning. Yay!!

Newbies? Check in.. it is time! Busy day at work today.. I'll check in later. Have a great meat filled day!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:11 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Makeme. good to have you back.. isn't it wonderful that even when you are away..Stillman's habits die hard. .. Go. .go..go...
Old 07-01-2010, 06:12 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kelley: Lets flush those steroids out and rock-it like you know you can! Woo Hoo.. Hello.. water park!!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:13 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al! I know you have secret wants hidden away.. Spill.. we gotta know..
Old 07-01-2010, 07:23 AM   #19
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! ready to sing? another one bites the dust......actually another 1.5 bites the dust!

I still don't have internet at home. I'm so lost without it. But sometime this weekend it should be up again.

My goals for July:

1. lose 20 pounds
2. get rid of clothes that I will never wear because they don't look
good,they don't fit, or I just don't like them!
3. hmmmm, the first two pretty much sum it up!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:28 AM   #20
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

The summer before last I was eating coconut oil bark. It felt strange to me because the biggest problem I had the last time I did Atkins was the over abundance of treats. It seemed like I just traded in binging on high carb items to binging on high fat sugar free junk, and I never lost weight. But I saw the bark recipe and a discussion somewhere and tried it because it seemed like a good thing to do. I always felt guilty though. I was between calls, living at my brother and sis in law's and had my own mini kitchen - sink, fridge, microwave. I would make my bark and eat it throughout the day. That summer, with diet, daily walks on the treadmill, and coconut oil bark, I lost to my lowest weight - 209. I had forgotten about the bark until someone mentioned it here. I'm going to try it again!
Old 07-01-2010, 07:31 AM   #21
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I still don't have internet at home, but hopefully sometime this weekend it will be fixed. Funny how dependent we have become on internet. I feel very isolated without it!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:34 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Shopping was a success! I'm back into high street sizes, and found quite a good bunch of clothes in the sale which look good on for work. "Business casual"... what is that anyway? I'm taking it as no jeans...

Welcome back Makeme!! You were missed.

Christine, WTG on the loss! I'm sure that you will be seeing and staying in the 50s this month.

Al, I love your goals! Working on your problem areas is a good thing!

IM2, your goals are great too. Can't wait to join you in ketosis. Cravings are killing me!

Mim and Kelley, good luck with your goals too.
kamills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:37 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Weight is the same today. That's ok with me. I still need to go back through the June thread and see exactly what my weight loss was on the CO vs without.

I am cleaning house today and sweating to the oldies! For those of you too young....music from the 60's and 70's
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi peeps! A quick hello! It's so hot here-32degrees(90f). I feel as tho I'm having hot flushes! I'm back on plan (QWL)-eating my (very dry) tuna as I type!
Hmm my goals for July--well not to gain for a start!! Numbers wise-I would love to see 119 by the end of the month-but I really doubt that is realistic. And I would love to fit into those UK6 jeans too...but again I'm not too hopeful that that will be by the end of July!!!!
Anyway I shall live in hope!! My real goals are to continue to tone up with the Pilates. And to continue on plan--I'm gonna do QWL pure for a week and then add in veggies.
And the other big thing is not to stress so much. I was seriously stressed about going home for the weekend-about that I wasn't gonna be able to do any exercise or what I was gonna be able to eat. It was out of control-I dunno what was wrong with me. And then after all my stressing and people watching me and commenting on me I caved big-time--and no good comes of that peeps!! And this morning my Mum told me she was coming to see me next weekend-and my first thoughts were--oh no exercise and I'm gonna have to go off-plan. That is not normal!! I love my Mum! (I secretly kinda wished I still lived at home!!He!!)These stressie thoughts have just got to stop!!! Seriously I was not like this last year-not really until Christmas this year. So it has to stop!!
I'm going to do what Im2 says--celebrate how far I've come (we all have!), and then continue as well as I can. I just have to accept it's never gonna be perfect all the time, but 80 or 90% is good. I really have to prepare for maintenance. Actually that is my real goal!!
Now rambling over!!! Hmmm I really sound as tho I'm trying to convince myself!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Old 07-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Weight is the same today. That's ok with me. I still need to go back through the June thread and see exactly what my weight loss was on the CO vs without.

I am cleaning house today and sweating to the oldies! For those of you too young....music from the 60's and 70's
Sweat away, Webb. . Sweat Away. ..
Old 07-01-2010, 09:00 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Happy July Everyone! Who is in for another 10lb challenge for July!?? I am!

Well, the whoosh fairy visited me last night and I am happy to report that she took nearly 3lbs, 1 1/2 being new pounds so a new low! Woo Hoo!! After 3 weeks of bouncing up and down, finally a new number and just 20lbs from goal! I am definitely doing the happy dance today, peeps!

I am sure it had more to do with the carby weekend then anything else. Belly is still bloated but hoping to see that go down soon.

It's going to be nice today but Sat-Tues, they're calling for nearly 100 degree weather. Nothing like the 4th of July right here in Philly... There will be a big free concert/weekend festival and of course, fireworks!

Alright, off to read the posts, don't want to get behind on the first day of the month!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:00 AM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Shopping was a success! I'm back into high street sizes, and found quite a good bunch of clothes in the sale which look good on for work. "Business casual"... what is that anyway? I'm taking it as no jeans...
WTG on the shopping!!! You must seriously be on a high!!!
I reckon no jeans or trainers!!! I'm glad you got them in the sales--because I'm guessing you won't be in the same sizes for long!!...that's the only bad thing when shopping while losing weight--if you really like something you're tempted to buy it in 2 sizes-one for now, and one for later!!!! (or is that just weirdy me!)
Old 07-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

5. Appreciate every pound that I lose. It's not a race or a competition, and I need to remember that any weight that I lose is an improvement, even if it isn't as much as I'd like. I need to remember how I felt 30 lbs ago.
We should all have this as our goal!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 09:02 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
and my first thoughts were--oh no exercise and I'm gonna have to go off-plan. That is not normal!! I love my Mum! (I secretly kinda wished I still lived at home!!He!!)These stressie thoughts have just got to stop!!! Seriously I was not like this last year-not really until Christmas this year. So it has to stop!!
I'm going to do what Im2 says--celebrate how far I've come (we all have!), and then continue as well as I can. I just have to accept it's never gonna be perfect all the time, but 80 or 90% is good. I really have to prepare for maintenance. Actually that is my real goal!!
Now rambling over!!! Hmmm I really sound as tho I'm trying to convince myself!!
GT: Look at you. . you are already planning for it.. That's half the battle .. you know it and I know it. . .nothing can go too badly when you have a plan! Just remind yourself over and over and over again. . No carb is worth feeling bad.. no carb is worth your self esteem. .nothing you put in your mouth will make you happier than tuna (I know.. .that's a stretch) but really nothing you put into your mouth will make you happy..Being in control, being on top of your game and allowing your mind to overcome your cravings will make you a winner in the end.. Excercise comes in many forms. . make Mommy walk with you. . i bet you'll enjoy the together time! Suggest it. . But I'm happy you are thinking about and planning a strategy!
Old 07-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GWN!!!!

You deserve a huge star. . way to stay focused! I love that we are doing this together