Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 05:03 AM   #181
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
you will have no choice than to read them all day!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2010, 05:05 AM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Isnt shu's plan, the 14 day one, peeps? This is the perfect place for you!!!!
Yup!! (personally I think it's the best one--maybe not for loss, but for sanity!)
Old 07-03-2010, 05:09 AM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shunammite
Stats: 165/155/135
WOE: past Atkins, custom, now CAD
Start Date: this time April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi Shu-welcome!! You'll do great here with Stills-you've done it before so you know what it's about!! I like the veggie idea--Im2 has a cup full now! And I've often (enough) had a salad! A lot of people mix it up a bit!!Def keeps us sane!! Sorry about your ankle.
Your sig - so true!!! I will be away till Wed evening but will report back on I hope, no weight gain, lol.

Such lovely people here, I can't get over it! Like being in heaven, a little.
shunammite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:09 AM   #184
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunammite View Post
There was actually a diet plan like that, The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet - supposedly if you only ate carbs within a one hour time frame once a day, you would not crave them and overeat -

Oh that so wouldn't work for me!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 05:12 AM   #185
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Your sig - so true!!! I will be away till Wed evening but will report back on I hope, no weight gain, lol.

Such lovely people here, I can't get over it! Like being in heaven, a little.
Oh yeah my sig!!!! I keep having to tell myself that one!!!!!
You're right it's the best bunch ever!!! I've seen other threads and OMG people can be so mean!!! Here it's completely supportive!
Old 07-03-2010, 05:22 AM   #186
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Welcome Shunammite! You have found it! It being the best support group on the net! I was born in Asheville and still consider it home. I graduated from UNC-A. Say hello to the lovely city for me.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:27 AM   #187
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
I can't believe I have fallen off the wagon so hard. My Thursday experiement I thought was contained to Thursday. But no, yesterday I was back on for awhile and then - bam. I'm going to eat an on plan breakfast and figure out what I want to do for the weekend. I may cut myself some slack and eat the fresh veggies we will be grilling. While some are low carb, corn isn't. But this will be the only time this season I'll have it, so may be better to eat it and start again on Tuesday. Then again, starting today will see me drop the pounds I gained by Tuesday. I feel miserable, emotionally and physically. I have lost weight in the past, I just need to find my mojo to do it again!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:00 AM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
I will be away till Wed evening but will report back on I hope, no weight gain, lol.
Have a great trip!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:01 AM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hi Shunammite.
Well guys...after much consideration I have switched to South beach, phase1. My plan is to alternate with Stillman's...maybe two Stillmans days a week... I'm not sure yet. I will still be posting here though, coz I love this thread and as I said, I will still be doing Stillman's, just not every day...I just missed my veggies too much...I'm a real veggie girl me. Hope you all have a great weekend...I know it's a special one for all you peeps in the USA.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:08 AM   #190
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I can't believe I have fallen off the wagon so hard. My Thursday experiement I thought was contained to Thursday. But no, yesterday I was back on for awhile and then - bam. I'm going to eat an on plan breakfast and figure out what I want to do for the weekend. I may cut myself some slack and eat the fresh veggies we will be grilling. While some are low carb, corn isn't. But this will be the only time this season I'll have it, so may be better to eat it and start again on Tuesday. Then again, starting today will see me drop the pounds I gained by Tuesday. I feel miserable, emotionally and physically. I have lost weight in the past, I just need to find my mojo to do it again!
hey MIM...I know it is soooo hard to get back on but you have to, and we are going to root you on!!!! You know how well it works and if you suffer thru 2 days, the cravings will be gone and the control will be back! this weekend is the perfect time to stuff yourself silly with grilled chicken, porkchops, or steak! throw some seasonings on there and spice it up! please forget the corn and any thoughts of going a few more days off plan. There will come a time when you can have it all again. promise

sending mojo your way!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 06:10 AM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hi Shunammite.
Well guys...after much consideration I have switched to South beach, phase1. My plan is to alternate with Stillman's...maybe two Stillmans days a week... I'm not sure yet. I will still be posting here though, coz I love this thread and as I said, I will still be doing Stillman's, just not every day...I just missed my veggies too much...I'm a real veggie girl me. Hope you all have a great weekend...I know it's a special one for all you peeps in the USA.
Hi makeme!! I totally understand the need to change the plan up a bit and thanks for sticking around! It'll be great to hear about your results on SB!
Old 07-03-2010, 06:12 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
hey MIM...I know it is soooo hard to get back on but you have to, and we are going to root you on!!!! You know how well it works and if you suffer thru 2 days, the cravings will be gone and the control will be back! this weekend is the perfect time to stuff yourself silly with grilled chicken, porkchops, or steak! throw some seasonings on there and spice it up! please forget the corn and any thoughts of going a few more days off plan. There will come a time when you can have it all again. promise

sending mojo your way!!!
I second that...come on Mim, you know you can do it!
Old 07-03-2010, 06:17 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi makeme!! I totally understand the need to change the plan up a bit and thanks for sticking around! It'll be great to hear about your results on SB!
I promise to keep you all informed, but won't mention what I eat in case it tempts someone to cheat or go off plan.

Last edited by makemeslim; 07-03-2010 at 06:19 AM..
Old 07-03-2010, 06:28 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
I just need to find my mojo to do it again!
You will, Mim. We have all been there! That is the beauty of this board. . No judgements. . just jump right back in with both feet. .and start flapping those arms. . (I'm in the shake weight mode!)
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:29 AM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi Shunammite.
Let us know how that goes. . I'm switching as soon as I reach goal. .I think that is a safe bet and much healthier than Atkins. .as much as I love all the ooze and gooze of Atkins. .I know the fat will do me in. .
Old 07-03-2010, 06:32 AM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Still working and lurking!

Gwn: Good morning!

Lisa: how's the food station. .

Nermo. .. we miss you!

Yam. .check in someday. . we miss you too. .

GT: Let's wear pink today. . it always makes me smile. I may just have to bust out my hello kitty T today. . seems like the right thing to do. .

Where are all our losers lately? Today is the day you need to check in. .

Small! Shakey. .shakey How are the arms, today?

CC: We need some cc-er-isms! I guess I'll have to post some to get us through. .
Old 07-03-2010, 06:33 AM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is good to be a woman: (just scaring all the men off. . sorry guys but you know some of this is true!)

1.We got off the Titanic first.
2. We can scare male bosses with mysterious gynecological disorder excuses.
3. Taxis stop for us.
4. We don't look like a frog in a blender when dancing.
5. No fashion faux pas we make could ever rival the Speedo.
6. We don't have to pass gas to amuse ourselves.
7. If we forget to shave, no one has to know.
8. We can congratulate our teammate without ever touching her rear end.
9. We never have to reach down every so often to make sure our privates are still there.
10. We have the ability to dress ourselves.
11. We can talk to the opposite sex without having to picture them naked.
12. If we marry someone 20 years younger, we are aware that we will look like an idiot.
13. We will never regret piercing our ears.
14. There are times when chocolate really can solve all your problems.
15. We can make comments about how silly men are in their presence because they aren't listening anyway.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:43 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
It is good to be a woman: (just scaring all the men off. . sorry guys but you know some of this is true!)

3. Taxis stop for us.
9. We never have to reach down every so often to make sure our privates are still there.
12. If we marry someone 20 years younger, we are aware that we will look like an idiot.
15. We can make comments about how silly men are in their presence because they aren't listening anyway.
This reminded me of a joke (about men) I heard a while ago...well actually it was a sticker on the back of a womens car and it read...Men are like floor tiles...lay them right the first time and you can walk all over them for years.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:01 AM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
My July list of wants!
To ditch my control top panty hose and go commando on the third Friday of the month!

What do you want in July? Nosey people wanna know!
EEEEEEEK IM2 now there's a moment of my life I will never get back....HK commando kitty!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:02 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
This reminded me of a joke (about men) I heard a while ago...well actually it was a sticker on the back of a womens car and it read...Men are like floor tiles...lay them right the first time and you can walk all over them for years.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:09 AM   #201
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shunammite
Stats: 165/155/135
WOE: past Atkins, custom, now CAD
Start Date: this time April 2012
Quote:
Don't be miserable - as my boss says after a set back "shake it off" - they say that in sports too - for me, even after a bad day, the next morning, if I start back "on the wagon", I'm good to go again - it discouraging to gain so easily when losing takes so much time, must be part of "the fall" (ha ha told you I was a religious nut) - but persistence wins EVERY TIME. Fall down seven times, get up eight YOU WIN.

I mentioned that "catabolic diet" - it was really very good, I always needed something "new" - and it was totally different from the high protein diets - but pretty low carb - no refined carbs and very few starchy vegetables - each meal had one "substantive" ingredient - breakfast it was an egg, lunch a small potato or some cottage cheese - or maybe mashed rutabaga (don't gag, I learned to like them, lol) then dinner about 5 oz meat - lunch and dinner always LOTS OF VEGETABLES - but the "low glycemic" kind - some cooked, some not, varied in taste and texture - I guess part of what got me onto that "pretty plate" idea - and then, "dessert" after EVERY MEAL - but it was just a piece of fruit. It actually adds up to only 600 CALORIES A DAY - sounds awful - but it really wasn't - three pretty plates of food, always a nice meal to look forward to - it was just kind of a lot of trouble, getting all those vegetables ready all the time - I learned to take short cuts, hence the raw slabs of cabbage lol - it guaranteed a loss of a pound a day - and it worked, the first time I did it - but later not so much to lose, I seemed to be stuck - here is a link if you are interested, may give ideas for maintenance - the guy's book Eat and Reduce Victor Lindlahr was very inspirational - the link tells a little about his story.

JKL's Self Improvement Chronicles

I was afraid being older Stillman or Atkins might be bad for me - but I don't feel bad - I think I was made for low carb high protein diets, I always feel wonderful when I stick to one.

Some people mention low energy in ketosis - now I don't KNOW I'm in ketosis but I think so, losing weight - I may have felt a little funny the first day or two - but after about a week I get sort of HYPER - my normal state is slow as a sloth - really much more energy w/out the carbs...
shunammite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:10 AM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[quote=Getting there!!!;13647987]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Happy July Everyone! Who is in for another 10lb challenge for July!?? I am!

Well, the whoosh fairy visited me last night and I am happy to report that she took nearly 3lbs, 1 1/2 being new pounds so a new low! Woo Hoo!! After 3 weeks of bouncing up and down, finally a new number and just 20lbs from goal! I am definitely doing the happy dance today, peeps!
Well I'm always up for the challenge!!!
Gwn, I'm so happy for you!! See the had work does pay off-eventually!!!! Here's to new lows!!!!
That's me dancing with you!!
Oh girl...go SHOPPING! Sweet victory! Now you can buy stuff one size too small and wait for them! YEEEEHAWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 07:13 AM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
Hi Guys! Told ya I would check in. My daughter is doing okay. I guess what I was so angry about is she went to the E.R. and they told her she might have a miscarriage, but didn't do anything to help her. They told her to contact her OB/GYN. She figured if E.R. wasn’t concerned, she shouldn't be either. As a matter of fact, the E.R. nurse told her it was "COMMON" for women to experience menstrual cycles while pregnant, and that she had one every month with all three of her children. So my daughter being 19 and this is her first pregnancy thought it was "NORMAL" I'm really upset. If she would have called me, her mother first or as soon as she got out of the hospital, I could have helped by giving her some actual "TRUE" medical advice. I've been a nurse for 15 years!!!! Why didn't she call me?!? GRRRRRRR EFFFEN GRRRRRRR!!!

Thanks for the hugs and i will pass them on to my daughter.
Holy crap......can you say lawsuit? wow let's just heap more onto the pile of sorrow you and your daughter are having to bear.......
Old 07-03-2010, 07:19 AM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
Honestly what i wanted to say to the skinny lil ho.. was... No I'm not pregnant, just fat.. and i would take fat over skinny, *****y and ugly any day.. at least i can lose the weight....

this kinda gives me a new reason...

number 4. pay back Chris's ex by getting thinner and still remaining pretty! LOL

I'm not tooting my own horn, I'm not conceited or anything, but she really is ugly... she looks like a raisin.. way too much sun bathing... or maybe she looks more like beef jerky...
Way to roll, girl!!!!!!!

BTW...accused of being preg? Such jealousy! Next time say maybe and you're late!At least you won't be having raisinets for kids
Old 07-03-2010, 07:23 AM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
I GOT THE JOB!
WOOT WOOT WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally knew you would.......I am so not surprised.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:23 AM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

CC!
Old 07-03-2010, 07:38 AM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
one more thing.....(talkin too much now) I did decide ahead of time to have the cake. I never go to office events and if I did, I would pop in, say hi and that I cant eat that stuff and leave.

I never wanted anyone to see the big girl eating.

Today was a milestone for me, because not only did I show up for it. I stayed. I ate cake, and had a good time. I didnt feel like that big girl and I dont think anyone was thinking anything about me at all. I wanted to pretend for 30 minutes that I was just a person with no worries about diets, enjoying the get together and life. It feels good to have not shyed away from the whole thing.

I dont bring this up to advocate eating sweets at your next office function or picnic, but I wanted to share it becasue it feels like a big step in my crazy head. and I can honestly say, I have no desire for any more sweets! at least for the rest of the day. haha

still debating on goin in for a salad. (ya know..cause I ruined it...)
AL that is (pardon the pun) HUGE

and I'm sure we all have felt or still feel that way.

No longer do I hide in the kitchen when I want a bite to eat and DH is around...huge step for me.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:41 AM   #208
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

3. Taxis stop for us.
Good stuff! and all so true!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 07:41 AM   #209
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
AAAAHHHHAAHAHAHAAAHA!!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 07:43 AM   #210
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
- I may have felt a little funny the first day or two - but after about a week I get sort of HYPER - my normal state is slow as a sloth - really much more energy w/out the carbs...
Yup!!! Me too!!!