Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #1951
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Dustin....check in buddy!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2010, 02:53 PM   #1952
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
Huh, what??!?

I think I'm going to get some tylendol... someone mentioned that works the best with those carb withdrawal headaches.... I'm dead!

I'm going to tale a long nap and veg out in front of TV!
-Dustin

Last edited by dlyons; 07-30-2010 at 02:55 PM..
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #1953
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Huh, what??!?

I think I'm going to get some tylendol... someone mentioned that works the best with those carb withdrawal headaches.... I'm dead!

-Dustin
Hang in there! You can do it!!!! I think it was ibuprofin???? or midol... heehee
Old 07-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #1954
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Those headaches are the worst!! Ugggh! I hope the memory of that will help us stay on the straight and narrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Hang in there! You can do it!!!! I think it was ibuprofin???? or midol... heehee
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #1955
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Huh, what??!?

-Dustin
I hope you feel all better in the morning! Just remember how great you will feel when those nasty carbs are out of your body!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:33 PM   #1956
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

taaaadaaaaaa! Three perfect days in a row! I have had some cravings today but I've got my mojo going, so they were easy to resist. I keep thinking about seeing the big drop on the scale on September!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:27 PM   #1957
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hey guys. I missed two days here and thought I'd have like 10 pages of reading to do and low and behold, not even two! What's going on, where is everyone!?

So weight is slowly coming back down, it was at 161.4 3 days ago and this morning I weighed in at 159. I've incorporated some 93% lean beef into my diet... The last three days I made 2 burger patties, wrapped in lettuce. But the scale is moving downward so.. I figure I am going to finish it off tomorrow then Sunday, August 1st, I'm going hardcore QWL. I leave for Europe in exactly 1 month and I need to get off as much as possible before I leave. I'm gonna try and do QWL for 20 days, no cheats! I'd like to lose another 12-14lbs before I leave but if I mess up, even once, it's not gonna happen, I already know this so I need to get my act together! The last week, I have to start adding some carbs back in before I leave, otherwise I fear I am going to make myself sick, between the jet lag and the stress and the new environment and then bombarding my body with carbs... Which reminds me... I read in my Rick Steves travel book that he talks about nutrition while traveling abroad and how important it is to take in a lot of protein and that many backpackers load up on carbs, because they're cheap, and then end up weakening their immune systems and getting sick. I really need to find the perfect balance there... Protein heavy breakfast, carby lunch, protein heavy dinner, carby snack? Lots of water too. Easier said than done, I suppose and I need to be very careful about money and cooking for myself in hostels, when I can. Won't be easy cooking proteins and they're not cheap either nor do they keep well. Any suggestions anyone?

newbies! This is a great forum here. Usually we are a bit more chatty but I think everyone is off enjoying the summer!

Squishy, I think you have way too many processed foods in your menu, but I'm with IM2, if you can lose and eat them, go for it, when you stop losing, clean it up. Try to avoid all cheese if you can and only natural, lean meats, nothing processed (bacon, hot dogs, etc). That's for fastest results! I was averaging about 15-16lbs per month on QWL.

Mim, congrats on 3 days! Keeping my fingers crossed for a nice low number on that scale!

Al, I am finding that having some lean ground beef has made transitioning into QWL much easier... easier than veggies... But some people use lean beef on QWL so maybe it wouldn't work for you? I just find that it's like a treat so I don't feel as restricted. I know what you mean about the salad registering a "cheat" in our brains. Ha. Sad, isn't it?

IM2, I don't have the hot flashes all the time from the CO, but I would say I have them 90% of the time. The coconut bark is amazing, not going to lie. I have a hunk of it in the morning (on an empty stomach) and then I have a piece before I eat dinner (thinking it'll get my metabolism fired up to start digesting the meal) then I have one more piece about 20 minutes after dinner to get the sweats in high gear. I'm sweating as I type this! I haven't noticed the sweats in the morning so much though... Plus it's been taking care of my sweet tooth (what little of it is left, thanks to QWL) and I've been able to easily exercise portion control. I use the Nutiva brand and the Whole Foods 365 brand too.

Have a great night everyone!! I'll see you all in the morning!
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #1958
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Now...I'm one that likes to go cold turkey. Eliminate everything. Just stick to the meat, but Im wondering about this 14 Day plan....It would be nice to still lose weight on it, even its a little slower, and as long as I can stick to it and not let the cravings take over...

So, we are allowed 1 cup of salad for lunch and another for dinner. Does that mean a loose cup, or as much as I can press into a measuring cup? Loose lettuce just doesnt seem like much..Also, I would like to have my two cups at once.

sigh...I hate diets... Should I tell you what my scale said this morning?? It was bad peeps.
Al..1 cup of veggies is quite a bit when you haven't eaten them regularly in a long time. I love to put a tomato slice on my vinegar laden chicken breast and cut it up. . Slice of green pepper on it another day. . MMmm. .Celery stalk. . 1/2 cup cucumbers.. Think of the possibilities of 2 cups of veggies a day! I usually only eat one. . it keeps me sane! I don't do anything else from the 14 day diet. cottage cheese, no fake bread... .I am losing the same as always. . I really think you need to try this for 2 weeks. . it may stop you from slipping. you are feeling deprived lately. . I can tell. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 07-30-2010 at 06:57 PM..
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:09 PM   #1959
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
Well becky - it went down easier. But, half way through my drinking it my CO solidified. I just picked up a spoon and started eating it.

I don't know if my water was too cold or what???
I only put a small amount of warm water.. (probably like 2 tablespoons) in a little cup.. mix the CO in enough so it liquifies and then I swallow it in one huge swallow (no breathing).. then I take some diet pop..pour a little in the cup and swallow.. goes down every time! There is no way I could spoon it. . Ugg. .
Old 07-30-2010, 07:23 PM   #1960
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
taaaadaaaaaa! Three perfect days in a row! I have had some cravings today but I've got my mojo going, so they were easy to resist. I keep thinking about seeing the big drop on the scale on September!
Mim. .Ok . if you stick to plan. I'll stick to plan and we will both weigh in in September? Deal? I love challenges.. Let's get it done!!! Dustin..you in? Al? Come on. . I'll do the 14 day with you!
Old 07-30-2010, 07:39 PM   #1961
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dustin! Take Midol..seriously.. it will cure what ale's you.. I slip one to hubby every now and again and he's not the wiser. It will take care of your bloat, mood swings and get rid o your headache/backache.. perhaps you are on the same cycle as me and Gwn!
Old 07-30-2010, 07:50 PM   #1962
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok.. what is up with this thread! We need to get it in gear and kick some butt! Calling all overweights (compliments o the Doc)...now is the time . check your calendar. .mark the date. . your life is about to change! Join us..

let's back up..remember....

Why are you doing this?
What does losing this weight mean to you?
What does it mean to your family?
How will it change your life?
How will it change your health?

you want to be happy, you want to be healthy and you want to look hot!! Let's just do it.. no more excuses. no more questions .No more carbs.. out damn carbs. . get out!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #1963
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love you guys..

Last edited by IM2fat; 07-30-2010 at 08:01 PM..
Old 07-30-2010, 08:08 PM   #1964
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Love you guys..
Love you too IM!! You are the resident cheerleader that gets us all going!!

Old 07-31-2010, 02:00 AM   #1965
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi Guys! I'm literally at the airport---just wanted to say hi!! haven't even read your posts. We have no net at home--do not get me started on my rant!!!!!!! We are changing suppliers!! Anyway hugs and kisses!! You have no idea how much I miss checking in!! xxxxxxxx
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:48 AM   #1966
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ok.. what is up with this thread! We need to get it in gear and kick some butt! Calling all overweights (compliments o the Doc)...now is the time . check your calendar. .mark the date. . your life is about to change! Join us..

let's back up..remember....

Why are you doing this?
What does losing this weight mean to you?
What does it mean to your family?
How will it change your life?
How will it change your health?

you want to be happy, you want to be healthy and you want to look hot!! Let's just do it.. no more excuses. no more questions .No more carbs.. out damn carbs. . get out!!!

consider my butt kicked!!! Brought in a big container of ground turkey topped with a chicken breast! I'm ready to go!!

BBL
Old 07-31-2010, 06:05 AM   #1967
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mim. .Ok . if you stick to plan. I'll stick to plan and we will both weigh in in September? Deal? I love challenges.. Let's get it done!!! Dustin..you in? Al? Come on. . I'll do the 14 day with you!
You are on! I am very committed to staying on plan that nothing will lure me away. September 2nd is weigh in day! And between now and then, every day will be on plan day. Deal?
Old 07-31-2010, 06:10 AM   #1968
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I am going to have a quiet Saturday, as soon as dd and sil get here. I had the girls last night/this morning because it is dd's,sil's first 4th anniversary. Their 2nd 4th anniversary is in October. They had a civil ceremony in New Zealand, and a relegious ceremony in the States. The babies slept in this morning and so did I! The past three weeks have been crazy busy, but hopefully things will settle down some. I'm looking forward to just hanging by myself today!
Old 07-31-2010, 06:21 AM   #1969
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning, everyone! GT.. We miss you too .. so glad you could log in and at least say Hi!

Dustin.. I hope your headache is gone. . please don't let it deter you. It would be nice to go into August with all our faithful friends. . besides, we have to see Gwn to her goal so she can start her new adventure! Speaking of Gwn: I really can't offer much advice for food on your trip except packs of tuna. . maybe the gals over there know more of what they have available. I would say you may want to regulate soon so you are able to tolerate some carbs. I would try to stay as far away from the processed stuff and stick to natural (seeds, nuts, berrries, fruit, veggies) .. I am sure you can get those items there. You will be doing enough exercise it should balance out. How exciting for you and what an adventure!
Old 07-31-2010, 06:25 AM   #1970
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm off to the grocery store, to get a haircut and then back to do some housework/bookwork. It looks like rain today :-( The summer is going by too quickly. I need to take a few fun days to play, already!!
Old 07-31-2010, 06:26 AM   #1971
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim. I'm in . .but may I ask . Why September 2nd? Did I miss an important post about that day?
Old 07-31-2010, 06:33 AM   #1972
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm hungry darn it .. I think I'll cook me up some of them thar eggs.. No to the bacon. .just say no!
Old 07-31-2010, 06:41 AM   #1973
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mim. I'm in . .but may I ask . Why September 2nd? Did I miss an important post about that day?
No, you didn't miss anything! I originally set it as Sept. 1 but then realized that the 2nd is a Thursday and that us my weekly weigh in day. I may set the first Thursday if every month as weigh in. It feels good to notbe stepping on the scale, and I'm really looking forward to a huge loss!
Old 07-31-2010, 06:58 AM   #1974
Major LCF Poster!

Safe travels for you Gwn! I look forward to hearing all about your trip!

I had a restaurant meal Thursday night and Friday night...AND I am a little irregular right now...(what happened to my CO fixing that?) The scales say two pounds up this morning (187) but I feel like that will come off easily...I didn't eat anything carby...just more than I usually eat. I think upping the calories every now and then might be good....

Even though there was a little gain, I have to remind myself, "You've STILL lost 22-24 pounds...part of me thinks all that is in vain...but the weight is still gone! (Does that make sense to anyone?)

It will be a tuna and tilapia day for me... (If I had a baby right now, I think I'd name him/her "Gorton"...)
Old 07-31-2010, 01:08 PM   #1975
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquishyPunim413
Stats: 155.5/146.2/110 4'10"
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: July 2010
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Squishy, I think you have way too many processed foods in your menu, but I'm with IM2, if you can lose and eat them, go for it, when you stop losing, clean it up. Try to avoid all cheese if you can and only natural, lean meats, nothing processed (bacon, hot dogs, etc). That's for fastest results! I was averaging about 15-16lbs per month on QWL.
Thanks!! I'll avoid that...any ideas for Breakfast besides eggs?! lol
SquishyPunim413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:11 PM   #1976
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday I cheated and had 2 drinks at a friends birthday...ugh and the scales showed ...grrr...

My boyfriend has been away for 4 months and comes home in 18 days!! I need to lose some weight before he comes home!!

I think I might just live off of turkey for the next 3 weeks!
Old 07-31-2010, 01:12 PM   #1977
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday I cheated and had 2 drinks at a friends birthday...ugh and the scales showed ...grrr...

My boyfriend has been away for 4 months and comes home in 18 days!! I need to lose some weight before he comes home!!

I think I might just live off of turkey for the next 3 weeks!

Tomorrow I'm having a BBQ....got the turkey burgers ready...but will NOT cheat with anything!!
Old 07-31-2010, 01:40 PM   #1978
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you squishy.. planning to stay on plan for the BBQ . .that's half the battle! I am grilling today too.. I have chicken marinating. . steaks ready and hotdogs/burgers for the kids. I have to bribe them to stay away from my chicken and steak!!!

OK. so I got my hair cut and I hate it! OMG. .she was only supposed to dust the ends. . well.. her idea of dusting and cutting must be the same thing.. Crap..my hair grows so slow that it'll take me a year to get back to what it was. I guess that will just give me more reason to stick to program. can't be fat with bad hair, too!!!

Dustin: you need to let us know how you are doing. . don't disappear again. . we hate that. .
Old 07-31-2010, 01:42 PM   #1979
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Becky: I forgot Gortons at the grocery store this morning. . Stupid me. .I was so busy trying to get my 20 cans of tuna before the sale ended that I forgot. .tuna was 2 or $1.00 so I stocked up!
Old 07-31-2010, 02:41 PM   #1980
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Becky: I forgot Gortons at the grocery store this morning. . Stupid me. .I was so busy trying to get my 20 cans of tuna before the sale ended that I forgot. .tuna was 2 or $1.00 so I stocked up!
Oh wow, that is a good deal on the tuna! I get the packs and they are pricy...but I love the tastiness of them. Gorton's is pricey too...but I've found some coupons in some of the boxes...that helps a little.