Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #1801
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I've been thinking about lurking and why some (me) do it. At first this thread wasn't consistant. People wouold come and go quickly - that was a long time ago. Then it got consistant - as it is now. I view several blogs - mostly sewing, but Dana Carpender's too (How I gave up low fat and lost 40 pounds author, as well as author of many lc cookbooks). Anyway, I think for me, and I suspect for others, following the thread without posting is like following blogs. Does that make sense? Anyway, this is such a great group that I just couldn't not be part of it anymore.
I lurked in the beginning too, Mim. . Part of the reason was because I had never posted to a thread before and had no idea what I was doing. I posted to a very old one and couldn't find it again. . Plus. I was one of those people who thought people who posted on a public forum were crazy. . Well. . it just goes to show . we find each other one way or another!! WE are all crazy. !!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #1802
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Where is IM today?? I've missed her encouraging posts! AND I wanted to tell her I tried Gortons frozen tilapia...I popped 'em in the microwave for a few minutes and the came out nice and tasty !!! I tried the lemon pepper...I'm so excited to have such an easy tasty food!

(I ate both of them too!)

Hangin' in at 187...
I' missed everyone today too . I hate that I can't post at work any more. .I came home and ran to the grocery store and it was almost 10:00 before I sat down. .I still have a ton of work tonight so I really should be doing that instead of this!

My report:

I TBls - CO
2 Eggs
Tuna Fish with Mustard
1 Chicken Breast with Vinegar
OK . Another chicken breast with vinegar. .
20 almonds (good fat???). .OK . a little slip up . . I gotta quit buying them .. hubby likes them and they are supposed to be good for you . hard to resist the smokey ones. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 07-26-2010 at 08:00 PM..
Old 07-26-2010, 07:52 PM   #1803
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
OMGosh! My wardrobe is the pits bc I always say I'm waiting til Im at goal before buying some nice clothes! I'm going to get there by x-mas....I want clothes for x-mas....
New/Different clothes always make you feel better. . If nothing else. . buy some different ones from the consignment shop. .I wait until they have $1.00 day and rotate my wardrobe. . It is always nice to have pretty things to wear. .
Old 07-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #1804
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

((great big hugggsss to everyone))) . . I hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday(tomorrow).. My monday was ugly. .Work was stupid. . I had a terrbile hair day. . My outfit looked better in the morning than it did when i got to work . . trick mirrors or what?? I was just having a drab day! Gwn. resist those cravings . . I think we are on the same cycle .. I feel a major bout of PMS coming up!!! Errrg. . I put on a T tonite that used to fit (mostly). .twas tight and I had to "suck it all in" but there was no sucking it in today! I am still bloated! Its gotta be the girly stuff going on. . Errrrggg . Men have it easy. (yes., Dustin.) there are just some things they can do better. . like not have PMS!!!!

OK. procrastinators unite. . .later! I gotta get my work done now!

Last edited by IM2fat; 07-26-2010 at 08:05 PM..
Old 07-26-2010, 09:34 PM   #1805
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Page Hog Alert. . Sowwy!!!

It is 12:52 and I've had a long day. I am going to pop out of bed. . take my thyroid meds. . wait the required 1/2 hour. . down (gag) my CO and hit the road running.. Who is in? I think we need to make this a cheat free Tuesday... we all have it in us and we can be perfect. . No carbs shall pass these lips. . cling to these hips . no more slips... We can do it!!! Yipppeee!!! Go Peeps. . go!!!

Last edited by IM2fat; 07-26-2010 at 09:54 PM..
Old 07-27-2010, 12:49 AM   #1806
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
yeah...it didnt last too long. i got splashed so we all got out.
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:52 AM   #1807
Big Yapper!!!!

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post

and I ate my catfish... I dont think I really like fish, except for tuna and sushi...and the only reason I like sushi, is because of the wasabi, soy sauce and rice!
Yeah I don't like fish either--tuna (debatable!) and salmon!! Have never even eaten oysters or mussels or anything--and they are good in Ireland (so I'm told!) Love sushi---but yeah it's def cos of the rice and sauces!!
Old 07-27-2010, 12:54 AM   #1808
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
following the thread without posting is like following blogs. Does that make sense?
Yeah it does!!!!!!!!!!!! I never thought of it like that before!!!!!!!!!!! As I said I've never done anything like this before!!
Old 07-27-2010, 12:55 AM   #1809
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
GT - how exciting to be going home and then to France! How long of a break do you have?
Off work until the beginning of October!!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:00 AM   #1810
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
I tried to guess how much they weighed and concluded that the one girl definitely weighed more than me and IF SHE was having ice cream, why couldn't I?? I know the answer to that, but the mental torture we won't put ourselves through. *sigh*

Oh Gwn You're so good not to have caved--you'll feel so good about it this morning!!! and hopefully you'll get a big whoosh for being good!!!

I do the opposite--I see skinny bees eating ice-cream and I'm like how can they do that???? It's unfair!!!!!!! Oh yeah and I've picked up chocolate---caressed it lovingly,looked at the nutrition---and put it back down!!!! Oh I hope there's no cameras in the supermarket!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:02 AM   #1811
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I'm here. .I'm here. . I've been so busy. . I guess that's a good thing. . You'll never believe we had company stop over on Saturday night. . had a bon fire. . (actually was cleaning junk out of my garage and started burning it. . ) .. We ended up sitting out there until 4:00 in the morning. .yacking. .OK. .and a little drinking.!! whoo. whoo. .They all had s'mores but I refrained. I had to get up early and take my son to church and then I had book work to do. . I attempted to catch up on the posts but just couldn't do it. I wanted to log in so bad this morning at work but I was a good employee. . even though I had brilliant ideas and everything. I miss you guys so much during the day!
Hi Im2!!! What fun!!! (the bonfire!) Yeah we miss you during the day too!! Stupid work gets in the way of everything good!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:03 AM   #1812
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Good Morning! Today is Day 4 and Im down to 121. Gotta change stats!

Yesterdays menu:
coffee w/ cream
lots of h20/CL
1 cup ground turkey
big slab o' catfish (like 6"x 2)
more coffee
3 cups of ground turkey
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:10 AM   #1813
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
Good morning!

I woke up with a bad cold.... actually I have been feeling like I have a cold coming yesterday morning. I was so tempted last night to go to my favorite Chinese buffet. I just went to bed early.

I'm feeling a little crabby right now. I had my eye exam and I could not get the contacts. I can get the contacts but it will not be as effective as glasses because of the shape of my eye and the fact I wear bifocals. So I consoled myself by looking at those nicer frames. They have some pretty nifty frames.

I have not had my breakfast yet.... and it's past 8:00am. Time for me to fill up my water bottle and crack open a can of tuna.

-Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:11 AM   #1814
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks Al I'm now just reading what you said... wish I had read it earlier, maybe I wouldn't have put myself through so much mental anguish! Ha. I ate about 2ozs leftover grilled chicken for breakfast and 10 hot wings for dinner and nothing else. I was craving majorly bad... I think it's TOM (right around the corner), combined with the carb withdrawal causing the intense cravings. I figured if I ate wings, the fat would help with that but no ma'am... An hour later, after being so stuffed, I wanted more food. Ugh. I craved all day long... Wanted cashews so bad, went into the store, had the can in my hand and just stood there staring at the nutrition info, oh only 8carbs per serving but I know me well enough to know that I'd pretty much eat the entire can in one sitting which would be like 1,000 calories and 100 carbs! So I put the can down and walked back out the store. Then for a good 3 hours, I tried to justify getting an ice cream blizzard... Like hard core tried to talk myself into it... but I kept thinking, I'm almost through a whole day of meat only, why would I want to start that over again tomorrow? So I forced myself back on my bike and ended up biking about 25 miles today. Now it's too late to eat but I am still craving.... craving a cashew crusted oreo blizzard on a cone, in fact :blush: But I'm not gonna do it... But what you said is spot on... I already feel better and I know I look better, and I'm using that to justify eating these things... Like I literally walked by the ice cream place and saw two girls standing at the window and after eyeing them up, I tried to guess how much they weighed and concluded that the one girl definitely weighed more than me and IF SHE was having ice cream, why couldn't I?? I know the answer to that, but the mental torture we won't put ourselves through. *sigh*

WOW! You really had it tough yesterday! BUT YOU GOT THROUGH IT!!! GREAT!! Just think...after a clean day today, those nasty cravings will be gone! You can do it! you made it this far without that blizzard - dont waste time on any more cheats unltil the blizzard can be a part of your menu!! You can do some major damage to those extra pounds in the next few weeks. Save the blizzard for goal, and by that time, you'll feel so great you might not even give it a secong thought. You really so fantastically resisting the temptations. We are so proud of you and need to think about the willpower you showed the next time something bad is in OUR hands!!! thank you so much for sharing!!

and she did 25 miles on the bike too!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:17 AM   #1815
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I've been thinking about lurking and why some (me) do it. At first this thread wasn't consistant. People wouold come and go quickly - that was a long time ago. Then it got consistant - as it is now. I view several blogs - mostly sewing, but Dana Carpender's too (How I gave up low fat and lost 40 pounds author, as well as author of many lc cookbooks). Anyway, I think for me, and I suspect for others, following the thread without posting is like following blogs. Does that make sense? Anyway, this is such a great group that I just couldn't not be part of it anymore.
You make sense!!! I used to read a lot all over LCF, like the main lobby and recipe help section, and read up on a bunch of the different diets...until that one day I came across stillmans...the quickest of them all! I knew that was for me!! the board was kinda slow back then, but I was able to ease myself into the posting part, which was totally new for me....now I'm a force that cant be stopped!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:18 AM   #1816
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You'll never believe we had company stop over on Saturday night. . had a bon fire. . (actually was cleaning junk out of my garage and started burning it. . ) .. We ended up sitting out there until 4:00 in the morning. .yacking. .OK. .and a little drinking.!! whoo. whoo.
Sounds awesome!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:34 AM   #1817
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I think we need to make this a cheat free Tuesday... we all have it in us and we can be perfect. . No carbs shall pass these lips. . cling to these hips . no more slips... We can do it!!! Yipppeee!!! Go Peeps. . go!!!
spoken like a true loser!! awesome!! Lets go!!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:38 AM   #1818
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Good morning!

I woke up with a bad cold.... actually I have been feeling like I have a cold coming yesterday morning. I was so tempted last night to go to my favorite Chinese buffet. I just went to bed early.

I'm feeling a little crabby right now. I had my eye exam and I could not get the contacts. I can get the contacts but it will not be as effective as glasses because of the shape of my eye and the fact I wear bifocals. So I consoled myself by looking at those nicer frames. They have some pretty nifty frames.

I have not had my breakfast yet.... and it's past 8:00am. Time for me to fill up my water bottle and crack open a can of tuna.

-Dustin
It might not be a cold. I have faith it will subside after today. My head hurt on Day one, I was stuffy, andrunny at the same time!! oh the sneezing!, lots of pressure behind my eyes. They were watery and then dry...I was miserably mean and depressed. didnt even want to look at anyone, let alone talk! Keep doing what your doing and get lots of rest!! Great job resisting temptation!

Looks like so many of us are getting the hang of this! Woohoo!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:39 AM   #1819
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Off work until the beginning of October!!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!!!!!
OH YOU LUCKY DUCK!!!!! Im soooooooo jealous!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:44 AM   #1820
Senior LCF Member

Hey Al,

That will be great if this is not a cold. It's TERRIBLE! I must have sneezed about 3 times so far in this past hour. I'm still nibbling my way through my first can of tuna!

In fact, my eye exam shows that the pressure in my eyes is a little higher than usual.... kinda of wonder if this is related to this "cold".

-Dustin
Old 07-27-2010, 06:43 AM   #1821
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I woke up to a mess, so not such a good morning for me. My dear dog who is 14 let loose all over the diningroom carpet. Yes, the carpet I spent a day cleaning. I've never seen anything like this. I know I should take her to the vet but I also know the outcome and I'm just not ready. She isn't in pain but is thin thin thin. Alas.

But other than than, I'm doing ok. I'm really looking forward to getting back to plan tomorrow.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:44 AM   #1822
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Dustin - I have just made the switch to contacts. I wear bi-focals and I'm on my third trial pair. I'm not sure it is worth it! Really cool frames sound good!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:57 AM   #1823
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/195/160 5'5.5"
Hay-Hay!!

Just checkin' in...saw that beautiful 186 this morning!

Last night I tried the Wal-mart CL with my CO...and a little later my tummy really did some somersaults! I've been doing that with regular CL for about 6 days...with no results like that...it's weird...

I'm not sure what I'm going to eat today...I think I'll skip the scrambled eggs...I need a break from them.

That Gorton's tilapia is sounding gooooood! I'm so glad IM told us about that!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:13 AM   #1824
Senior LCF Member

Hi Mim,

Thanks..... I was on this website, looking at different frames. Eyeglass Store Online | Shop for New Eye Glasses, Prescription Eyeglasses & Eyewear

I found this frame at my Dr's office.... looks pretty cool! It have purple "theme" and the ear piece are straight.... doesn't curve. It feels thick and solid. The bad thing is that the frame is over $200. Accckkk!

Trying to find it on that website and see what other options are available.

-Dustin
Old 07-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #1825
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hi Peeps! Woke up and scale was still the same today. I feel squishy all over though, I know it's TOM who is still lurking. I changed my avi since I don't feel like I have collar bones anymore, this squishy bloated feeling has me feeling like my current avi

I woke up early and did my bike ride Laundry is already done too... I also made some coconut bark this morning. I really am having a hard time getting more than 1 tablespoon down without - The CO bark was good... Just mixed some CO, powdered cocoa and a few drops of liquid splenda and froze it. I have a bit of an aftertaste in my mouth but I am sure it's from the liquid splenda.

Hi Dustin! Nice to meet you, I've heard a lot about you... think you left the boards just as I joined...

Mim, I'm so sorry to hear about that mess, definitely no fun to wake up to! Poor pup... It's never easy when they get old :/

Peeps with kids.... I have a question... What age do you think is suitable for kids to have a computer? I'm talking a computer of their own with parental supervision and software which only allows access to certain things?? My nieces are turning 6 and 7 and they want a laptop to play games on. What do you guys think? I think it's really young but I don't have kids and my sister is a 3rd grade teacher and says most of her kids have access to computers at home. It can be a great learning tool for them, but I also worry it can be dangerous too. Opinions??
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #1826
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
There are pc's for kids. I don't know the price or anything, but I'd look into it if my kids were young. Mine are 17 & 23, and have their own pc's in their bedrooms. When they were young, I didn't get them one. I took them to the library to use one there if they needed it for school. But after we got my dd one for college, I got my son one and he was 15. Then I wondered why I just didn't buy one sooner! I wish I had! I guess they just need supervised and keep it in a "family space".

I'm getting all kinds of weird numbers on the scale! Anywhere from 180 to 191!!!! I hate my scale!!!!! Guess I'll just go by how my clothes are fitting for more accuracy. I changed the battery in it and it's still acting weird! GRRRRR

No cheating yesterday and I've got a mean headache. It came yesterday and I still have it. Maybe its from the "diet". What ya'all think???

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #1827
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Peeps with kids.... I have a question... What age do you think is suitable for kids to have a computer? I'm talking a computer of their own with parental supervision and software which only allows access to certain things?? My nieces are turning 6 and 7 and they want a laptop to play games on. What do you guys think? I think it's really young but I don't have kids and my sister is a 3rd grade teacher and says most of her kids have access to computers at home. It can be a great learning tool for them, but I also worry it can be dangerous too. Opinions??
hubby is a computer geek so both my kids have thier own laptops. (3ys and 5ys) He has it set up so they can only access certain websites, with all the links at the top for them to choose from. He's got all their movies (and thousands of pics from our famly archives)set up on the server downstairs so they can watch what the want when they want (but they cant make any changes and mess things up) I love it. They play games, they learn stuff and can even use the printer (when I turn it on-hee)...my daughter even has his old iphone and uses all the apps (kid approved) and listens to music! (cant make calls-thank goodness) She knows when the battery is getting low and asks to put it on the charger! Its never too early to start them off.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:25 PM   #1828
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post

No cheating yesterday and I've got a mean headache. It came yesterday and I still have it. Maybe its from the "diet". What ya'all think???
YES! YES! YES! Tylenol doesnt even help me those first days....sorry. I hope it passes quick!
Old 07-27-2010, 12:26 PM   #1829
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Hay-Hay!!

Just checkin' in...saw that beautiful 186 this morning!
Awesome becky! another pound down - woohoo!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #1830
Blabbermouth!!!

Im not feeling this coconut oil thing... just doesnt seem like the positives are outweighing the negatives, but I'm sure it just takes time ( i think it was working well for sharon)... Its reminding me of when I was "all meat" for nine months...if I ate too much fat, like 73% ground beef (not drained), or all the rendered bacon fat from a whole package in my chicken, I felt nauseous, had diarrea, or threw up. That happened a few times, and hubby was begging me to eat veggies. It had nothing to do with the meat - just the fat.

I hope you guys work it out and stop feeling sick!