Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #1771
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
Today is Day 2 and I will do better than yesterday. Had too many carbs sneaking in. I know there are carbs in the fruit punch water flavoring, but I just cannot drink water w/o it. Will I still lose on QWL???? I didn't lose anything from yesterday. I know I'm gonna keep weighing every day until I see a loss show up.

I've had turkey bacon and plan on chops later....lots of chops! Family is having beef stew today. That's ok bc I really don't care for it much. I'll have bacon again later for a snack.

BBL!
I lost with the crystal Light, and I'll never know if it couldve been faster. If you dont see results in the next few days, you may have to cut it out, or cut it back. Use 1 packet for twice the water! Also, the bacon may slow up results. too much salt even if its sugar and fat free.

Have fun at the salon!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2010, 02:38 PM   #1772
Blabbermouth!!!

going swimming now- must keep my head above water! wish I had a shower cap...maybe I can wrap myself in a walmart bag....my son cant resist the splashing...

BBL!
Old 07-26-2010, 02:38 PM   #1773
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
My fridge and freezer are STOCKED! Picked up 6 pounds of ground beef and 6 pounds ground turkey, 24 chicken breasts, 16 thin porkchops, 2 pounds of stew meat, 8 ouches of albacore tuna, and some catfish!
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You cavewoman!!!!!!!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #1774
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I colored mine today and my eyebrows too! Light amber brown...its okay... Im gonna have to go back to strawberry blonde! maybe thats why I looked better 6 years ago...
I really want to dye my eyebrows lighter.....but I'm scared they'll go orange!!....my hair has a tendancey to do that!!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #1775
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
WOW! all that and you dont even leave for a few days!! Go YOU!
Oh but I'm going home tomoro!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #1776
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
going swimming now- must keep my head above water! wish I had a shower cap...maybe I can wrap myself in a walmart bag....my son cant resist the splashing...

BBL!
In your own pool???? I'm jealous!!
Old 07-26-2010, 04:21 PM   #1777
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Oh but I'm going home tomoro!!!
Oh! I cant keep track of my days! Have a safe trip!!!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 04:23 PM   #1778
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
In your own pool???? I'm jealous!!
yeah...it didnt last too long. i got splashed so we all got out.

and I ate my catfish... I dont think I really like fish, except for tuna and sushi...and the only reason I like sushi, is because of the wasabi, soy sauce and rice!
Old 07-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #1779
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 208/192/160 5'5.5"
Where is IM today?? I've missed her encouraging posts! AND I wanted to tell her I tried Gortons frozen tilapia...I popped 'em in the microwave for a few minutes and the came out nice and tasty !!! I tried the lemon pepper...I'm so excited to have such an easy tasty food!

(I ate both of them too!)

Hangin' in at 187...
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #1780
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Where is IM today?? I've missed her encouraging posts! AND I wanted to tell her I tried Gortons frozen tilapia...I popped 'em in the microwave for a few minutes and the came out nice and tasty !!! I tried the lemon pepper...I'm so excited to have such an easy tasty food!

(I ate both of them too!)

Hangin' in at 187...
I forgot about them...again!!!! maybe thats a fish i can like! Fish is sooo not filling, dont ya think? Im gonna have to have some ground turkey in a little bit!

IM2!!! Come back! Im stayin up late tonight waitin!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:01 PM   #1781
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good evening! I've had a very nice day - a bit of retail shopping and cooler temps have done wonders. Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend for lunch = I got a baby sitter for my DD! The no guilt about not being on plan has done wonders for me. I was really in such a funk and overwhelmed by everything. By the same token though, I'm really looking forward to Wed. and getting on plan and exercising. And losing fast!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:08 PM   #1782
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I've been thinking about lurking and why some (me) do it. At first this thread wasn't consistant. People wouold come and go quickly - that was a long time ago. Then it got consistant - as it is now. I view several blogs - mostly sewing, but Dana Carpender's too (How I gave up low fat and lost 40 pounds author, as well as author of many lc cookbooks). Anyway, I think for me, and I suspect for others, following the thread without posting is like following blogs. Does that make sense? Anyway, this is such a great group that I just couldn't not be part of it anymore.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:29 PM   #1783
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

GT - how exciting to be going home and then to France! How long of a break do you have?
Old 07-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #1784
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Do you know what I'm tired of? No? I'll tell you then! I'm tired of looking at magazines and catalogs that offer pretty clothes and thinking - "when I lose weight I'll spend money on pretty clothes!" I'm tired of not feeling like I have the right clothes. And tired of wondering what to wear. I'm going to get to goal weight and stay there and dress nice! This is a promise I am making to myself!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #1785
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Quote:
I lost with the crystal Light, and I'll never know if it couldve been faster. If you dont see results in the next few days, you may have to cut it out, or cut it back. Use 1 packet for twice the water! Also, the bacon may slow up results. too much salt even if its sugar and fat free.

Have fun at the salon!!!
My hair cut is the bomb! I love it!!! But my dd has decided that she is going to pass on the job offer. Just not what she's looking for.

The bacon??? Really??? Its turkey though! Ohhhh maaaannnn! That'll stink if I have to give it up. I use one packet of CL to 2 20 oz bottles of water.
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #1786
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Dont be sorry! You are the shrinking CC!!!
I love you girl..........and all of us! We are meat eating skinnies, hear us roar!

Quote:
haha- no lurking! you were doing your research to make sure we were really as cool as you thought we were!!!
I'll admit to that........I studies for twso months before fessing up!

[quote=aleriaaa;13728273]It is beeautiful here in CT today!!!! QUOTE]

Al, we're originally from Norwalk!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
I ate bad last night. Did fine all day then BAM! Chips, salsa and guacamole! Ugh. Up to 160 today! Grrrrrrrrrrr! I know it's water retention as my calories still weren't that high and boy am I bloated, major squishy belly! Why'd I do it to myself? I don't know... glutton for punishment, I suppose.... I already went for my bike ride this morning and I am keeping cals to a minimum today and nothing but meat is going to pass by these lips. Ugh. I have to run some errands but will catch up on posts later... Just wanted to fess up. Thought I had my resolve back, after seeing a new number on the scale...
Gwn, you had a treat. You'll be okay! It's just a speed bump in your speeding ticket we have to impound your bike weight loss!

Quote:
Oh Al--I will never ever gain it back!! i can honestly say that! --yeah maybe a couple of pounds, sometimes---but I will never go back to that weight again. I have made that promise to myself. It wasn't that it was that hard to lose (yeah I know I whinged a lot--but really it wasn't that bad) but being that huge was---I think one of the best things about losing the weight (apart from the clothes! he!) is that now I feel "invisible"--and it feel good---if that makes any sense at all!!
I am so with you girl! I really think that a 'normal' relationship with carbs is out of the question for me. I am never going back! (turkey leg in hand like Kamills!)

Quote:
My fridge and freezer are STOCKED! Picked up 6 pounds of ground beef and 6 pounds ground turkey, 24 chicken breasts, 16 thin porkchops, 2 pounds of stew meat, 8 ouches of albacore tuna, and some catfish!

.... and a bunch of unmentionables for the kids. I love warehouse shopping!

I have never had catfish..Im going to pam up my skillet and sprinkle it with salt, pepper and I have no idea....
you must make yourself some of Emerils BAM seasoning! Cajun catfish rocks!

Ingredients needed:

2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.

Yield: 2/3 cup

I add chili powder....YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Do you know what I'm tired of? No? I'll tell you then! I'm tired of looking at magazines and catalogs that offer pretty clothes and thinking - "when I lose weight I'll spend money on pretty clothes!" I'm tired of not feeling like I have the right clothes. And tired of wondering what to wear. I'm going to get to goal weight and stay there and dress nice! This is a promise I am making to myself!
Stacey London said once 'You can wake up and go out into the world, you can look good doing it." or something to that effect. From that day forward I never left the house without mascara, clean well matched clothes and killer shoes.........
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #1787
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today I ate turkey bacon, 2 boneless thin cut chops and 2 hb eggs then 3 slices of ham (low fat).

Think I did ok!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:48 PM   #1788
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
OMGosh! My wardrobe is the pits bc I always say I'm waiting til Im at goal before buying some nice clothes! I'm going to get there by x-mas....I want clothes for x-mas....
Old 07-26-2010, 06:51 PM   #1789
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Oh Gwn. Its OK. Let's forget it ever happened. You are already looking good at 160, so its easier to have a cheat here and there, as long as we don't let it get out of hand, or last for more than a day. Maybe we should start planning those refeeds that some have mentioned. (November thread- slatman) Maybe for every 10 pounds we lose, we get to have a 4 hour window of healthy carbs and fat. ( I wish that meant to eat brown rice and cheese for 4 hours straight, but I dont think so-ha!)But the refeed would also include guacamole in my book!

Im so happy you kept your calories down and were under control. You exercised, and did everything right! I will however hold you to your promise - all meat all day! You can do it! Lets get to goal once and for all!! We are soooo close!

I am one to have to get to my ultimate worst for weight before I can commit to a diet, but once I hit rock bottom and decide to do it, I can accomplish it cheat free. I think I rememeber you saying something like that too. Once your willpower strikes, nothing can stop you. Once I cheat though, I keep cheating all the way. Lets get our willpower back now and keep it going! Im on day 3, but I wont totally beleive Im doing this until I get a good 2 weeks under my belt. It is so much harder to jump back on QWL, when we're not that big to begin with. It like our minds tell us, its OK to have chinese or mexican, because we still look so much better than we did before. So beside the fact that it tastes so darn good that we dont want to stop, I think we cheat because we know we can. And instead of feeling down on ourselves, lets say hey! we look pretty good, we can handle it, and we have the tools to get the extra pounds it causes off! I hope this helps you, cause its helping me typing it out....

HUGS!
Thanks Al I'm now just reading what you said... wish I had read it earlier, maybe I wouldn't have put myself through so much mental anguish! Ha. I ate about 2ozs leftover grilled chicken for breakfast and 10 hot wings for dinner and nothing else. I was craving majorly bad... I think it's TOM (right around the corner), combined with the carb withdrawal causing the intense cravings. I figured if I ate wings, the fat would help with that but no ma'am... An hour later, after being so stuffed, I wanted more food. Ugh. I craved all day long... Wanted cashews so bad, went into the store, had the can in my hand and just stood there staring at the nutrition info, oh only 8carbs per serving but I know me well enough to know that I'd pretty much eat the entire can in one sitting which would be like 1,000 calories and 100 carbs! So I put the can down and walked back out the store. Then for a good 3 hours, I tried to justify getting an ice cream blizzard... Like hard core tried to talk myself into it... but I kept thinking, I'm almost through a whole day of meat only, why would I want to start that over again tomorrow? So I forced myself back on my bike and ended up biking about 25 miles today. Now it's too late to eat but I am still craving.... craving a cashew crusted oreo blizzard on a cone, in fact :blush: But I'm not gonna do it... But what you said is spot on... I already feel better and I know I look better, and I'm using that to justify eating these things... Like I literally walked by the ice cream place and saw two girls standing at the window and after eyeing them up, I tried to guess how much they weighed and concluded that the one girl definitely weighed more than me and IF SHE was having ice cream, why couldn't I?? I know the answer to that, but the mental torture we won't put ourselves through. *sigh*

Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #1790
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Dustin! I know you! I was a lurker for months and months (years) before I came out of lurker mode. It sure is nice to see you again.

And talking about myself as a lurker for such a long time makes it feel creepier that I thought at the time!
I was just wondering myself if Dustin was actuallly lurking all along? Mmm. Dustin. .you gonna answer that?
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #1791
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I forgot about them...again!!!! maybe thats a fish i can like! Fish is sooo not filling, dont ya think? Im gonna have to have some ground turkey in a little bit!

IM2!!! Come back! Im stayin up late tonight waitin!!!
I'm here. .I'm here. . I've been so busy. . I guess that's a good thing. . You'll never believe we had company stop over on Saturday night. . had a bon fire. . (actually was cleaning junk out of my garage and started burning it. . ) .. We ended up sitting out there until 4:00 in the morning. .yacking. .OK. .and a little drinking.!! whoo. whoo. .They all had s'mores but I refrained. I had to get up early and take my son to church and then I had book work to do. . I attempted to catch up on the posts but just couldn't do it. I wanted to log in so bad this morning at work but I was a good employee. . even though I had brilliant ideas and everything. I miss you guys so much during the day!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:06 PM   #1792
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay for Gortons! Al. .I just know you will like it! Talapia is especially mild and the Salmon is a nice big meaty slab O meat. . It fills me up just as much as tuna. . OK. . Put it on your grocery list. .I get excited when I find something new to eat!!! (I dont' think I could eat catfish either. . too fishy for me!). .

My newest addiction has been vinegar on grilled chicken. . O and tuna a mustard with a boiled egg. .

Yes. . I've been good. . yes I have. .
Old 07-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #1793
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I should also mention that I used a ketostick about an hour ago and it was a nice mauve color. Do you think vitamins can cause your sticks to turn colors cuz I couldn't believe I could be back in ketosis!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:09 PM   #1794
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My Sunday got away from me. I didn't feel well, but couldn't take a nap - just didn't fall asleep. I was too exhausted to do anything so I played Wii games and read. I'm off plan and decided that I will start again Wednesday. In the meantime I'm going to do the best I can to not go crazy. I'm just emotionally drained, not to mention physically exhausted. I'm hanging here thoughbe cause even off plan because you all are my friends, and because part of getting re-committed and re-energized lies in seeing all of you do so well!

Ahh. Mim. . I wish we could do or say something for you! Just hang in there. .the sun always shines again!!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:10 PM   #1795
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

IM2, we miss you during the day too *big salty tear*
Old 07-26-2010, 07:10 PM   #1796
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Yay for Gortons! Al. .I just know you will like it! Talapia is especially mild and the Salmon is a nice big meaty slab O meat. . It fills me up just as much as tuna. . OK. . Put it on your grocery list. .I get excited when I find something new to eat!!! (I dont' think I could eat catfish either. . too fishy for me!). .

My newest addiction has been vinegar on grilled chicken. . O and tuna a mustard with a boiled egg. .

Yes. . I've been good. . yes I have. .
Hi IM! I never had the Talapia, but I have eaten the salmon and like it. I can eat tuna, but I have to force it.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #1797
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Hey there Al!

I just finished half a can of tuna and had about 8 oz of water. Trying to finish the rest now. Things will get easier! The weather was so hot.... usually August is the hottest month! This year, July feels like August. I am wondering what August will bring!!

I haven't tried my egg thingy yet. I was planning to use it this morning, but I didn't feel like it. I just bought 6 cans of tuna to work.

I have my eye exam this afternoon so I will be getting out of work early!

-Dustin
Dustin. .we all discovered the flavored packets of tuna. . they are wonderful too. .pricey. .but good. . I think they are made by starkist. .Lemon Pepper and Mesquite are my favorite. .Tomato Basil. .I know 2 of us on here thought. . . .Anyway. .they are a good alternative to plain ole tuna.. .
Old 07-26-2010, 07:18 PM   #1798
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Hoo-Boy, reading that paragraph about McMuffins... I want one.... I also want Hardee's. They have good breakfast sandwiches! Okay, bad boy.... back to my delicious can of tuna.... hmmmm, finger licking good!

-Dustin
OMG, Dustin. . Hardee's?? That used to be my favorite place ever to get breakfast. . I forgot all about them. I used to work at an art gallery on the weekends and had to pass Hardees. . If truth be told . I used to get their big breakfast and some other stuff.. That was almost 20 years ago. . It was a very sad day when they closed ours. . I didn't even know they still existed. .
Old 07-26-2010, 07:27 PM   #1799
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
In my world everything is Pink, Dustin!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine, too. . My friend had a pink water bottle the other day and I almost made her lose it at my house! She wasn't having any of it
Old 07-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #1800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
I ate bad last night. Did fine all day then BAM! Chips, salsa and guacamole! Ugh. Up to 160 today! Grrrrrrrrrrr! I know it's water retention as my calories still weren't that high and boy am I bloated, major squishy belly! Why'd I do it to myself? I don't know... glutton for punishment, I suppose.... I already went for my bike ride this morning and I am keeping cals to a minimum today and nothing but meat is going to pass by these lips. Ugh. I have to run some errands but will catch up on posts later... Just wanted to fess up. Thought I had my resolve back, after seeing a new number on the scale...
Gwn. . Think of it this way .. you confessed. . got it off your shrinking chest and now you can move on! You know how to do it. you know what to do. .Let's do it!! I'm working on my perfect week .