Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
I am SO BUMMED TODAY. My new scale works great, it doesn't change weights on me from second to second, but apparently it is about 5 lbs more than my old one. I got on the old one first, and I was just under 160!! My happiness was short-lived, when the new one gave me 164.6.

This throws all my stuff off!! My "lose it" app is now going to show an increase, my stats here, well, I don't really know what to do with, and I really hate to think I started the year at 194!! Just barely in onederland, which I've always taken for granted. I will adjust eventually, but my mind is rejecting this new weight, which is probably more accurate than the old scale.

I guess it's better to have a scale I can trust than one that lies to me about how skinny I really am NOT.
Perhaps we all need to curse at our scales for a day, ignore them, pretend they don't exist and then start sweet talking them again. . Perhaps bring a few peace offering gifts. . i hate mine, too..

The wii fit had me at 147 yesterday which I know is a big fat lie. . My BMI was listed as normal. . but it suggested it down a few points. . it also said I lost 12 pounds since my last weigh in which was over 300 days before. . Lies . all lies, I tell you. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 07-02-2010 at 03:17 PM..
IM2fat is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Perhaps we all need to curse at our scales for a day, ignore them, pretend they don't exist and then start sweet talking them again. . Perhaps bring a few peace offering gifts. . i hate mine, too..

The wii fit had me at 147 yesterday which I know is a big fat lie. . My BMI was listed as normal. . but it suggested it down a few points. . it also said I lost 12 pounds since my last weigh in which was over 300 days before. . Lies . all lies, I tell you. .
I dunno, Im2. I have never known a Wii Fit to lie. Insult me, yes. But not lie. Maybe you did lose that much??
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I dunno, Im2. I have never known a Wii Fit to lie. Insult me, yes. But not lie. Maybe you did lose that much??
Wait a minute --- only 12 pounds in 300 days?? You do have a lying Wii Fit.
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #154
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shunammite
Stats: 165/155/135
WOE: past Atkins, custom, now CAD
Start Date: this time April 2012
may I join?

I'm not perfectly doing Stillman - I did, 30 years ago, just out of college, it was WONDERFULLY FAST - my boyfriend and I did it together - the best thing about it, YOU ARE NOT HUNGRY - if you follow the rules - at the time I was only 142 (but a cousin told me I had "middle aged spread", boy did I get motivated!), lost to 125, and stayed there, till my first pregnancy - after a couple of pregnancies, did a mostly vegetable low fat diet that worked well, got down to 135, stayed there till the third pregnancy - in early forties weight started to creep up, got to 195 - I'm 5'7" - also broke my ankle around that time - and some bad family problems - lugging around 195 on crutches was awful, I got motivated, did Atkins, great success, quickly lost down to 135 again - creeped back to about 145, and stayed there - probably my ideal weight at this age, but I'd prefer 135 - then - 2/13/10, I BROKE THE SAME ANKLE AGAIN, bent the screws from the first time, surgery, it was/is AWFUL - and - I put on 10 pounds from all that sitting around - even 10 pounds makes the ankle more painful - I tried going back on Atkins, dropped 4 pounds right away, then nada for two weeks. Had been afraid of Stillman in my ripe old age, thought it might be hard on the kidneys - but thought it wouldn't be long, and then I'd do the "sensible thing" for maintenance - it's been great - about a pound every 3 days.

I did not mention another diet I used in there somewhere, called "catabolic" and much despised, but it was great for me - allegedly you eat vegetables that are "negative calories" but really I think it's just very low calorie but you eat A LOT so you don't feel too deprived - well I have borrowed a little from that and tweaked Stillman to make it quite pleasant for me - thought I'd share in case it may help someone else.

The secret to a good diet to me is NOT BEING HUNGRY. Willpower, I don't have any. I must have that appetite under control. Both Stillman and Atkins pretty good for that. I am just eating to stay alive at this point, not worrying too much about any pleasure in it - I am not hungry or craving anything so it isn't too hard - but - at the end of the day, I make a pretty plate of food - the vegetables are all virtually calorie-less, but they look nice, make a full plate - and - I have a little bit of two different meats in the evening, makes it more pleasant. And, only in the evening, I have a beverage other than water (and coffee in the a.m.) - I bought this cheap diet cherry soda - something I never had before - I dilute it half w/ club soda and it's pretty good - I think it would be gross straight - but it looks pretty and I am actually enjoying it - always did like cherry soda and never bought it, so much artificial sweetener - but diluted, just once a day - and not forever, it's ok.

I am basically eating the same thing every day - makes it easy - I work full time - and take breakfast and lunch with me to work. I LOVE having something so simple to pack to take for breakfast and lunch, and will probably do that indefinitely - but going on a little vacation tomorrow for four days - intend to eat more normally - but with restraint - will be VERY UPSET if I gain weight back - plan to stay under 1200 calories if I can. (I'm 59 and not very active, have to keep the calories low.)

My menu:

Breakfast - a cranberry pill for vitamin C, 2 soft boiled eggs, and a couple of celery sticks. And coffee.

Lunch - about 5 oz of whatever plain meat I have in the fridge - cooked chick breasts in the micro 3 days this week, takes 4 minutes! And the rest of the celery stalk. Then, for "dessert", I have a breath mint lol. I slice the chicken thinly, put salt and pepper, it's pretty good - last couple of days, I have actually eaten half of breakfast with half of lunch, and enjoyed it more, that way - a little variety helps.

LOTS OF WATER - a glass when I get up - you can gulp down 8 oz no problem - and a glass before every meal, and then a couple in between meals - I get thirsty - it's been easy. Water is really easier to drink at room temperature - but I also drink hot water at work all day, instead of coffee. It's hot, in a cup, I'm busy, and I can hardly tell the difference.

Dinner - a small hamburger patty, maybe 3 oz, about 5 oz chicken again - and then a plate full of colorful raw vegetables - a small slab of green cabbage, red cabbage, radishes if I have them - I had some blackberries this week too - strictly bad I know but the did not seem to do me harm, only had about 1/4 cup - anything that makes the plate prettier - and about 1/4 cup cottage cheese too. With that dilute cherry soda.

I am not hungry afterwards. I am used to some kind of sweet after dinner, formerly a piece of chocolate - but I doing without for now - a cup of dilute tea with some artificial sweetener seems enough.

My ankle still hurts a lot, but I have been able to start back doing this "15 minute total body fitness" workout I bought on Amazon - had done it for a year, every day - it's not strenuous but well planned - for the first time in my life, I could STAND UP and pedal my bike! But alas with the broken ankle, can't now - but I can ride - been back at the exercise for about 2 weeks now - after not doing any for 4 months.

Well, that's my suggestions if anyone needs variety - I don't think the very low glycemic vegetables in small quantities do me any harm, and psychologically it helps looking at a pretty plate of food for dinner. I also find it a BIG HELP to have a little hamburger and chicken, rather than just one or the other. Not counting calories. Not taking any vitamins - or fiber drinks - doing all right without it - have never taken vitamins in my life - if it was forever I might think about it. The first day or two, I did have to use a little willpower - but after that, really no hunger at all - just a kind of empty feeling so I know I need to eat - and I know it's right because I feel good afterwards - probably I am kind of prediabetic or allergic to carbs - if I eat refined carbs, I am NEVER satisfied - I will go back to the unrefined kind though - potatoes in their skins, cooked in micro - w/ cottage cheese and a green onion on top, one of my favorites, really delicious.

Thanks for letting me tell - and encourage myself to carry on - I went shopping last weekend and bought a few clothes - I never buy things to "fit into" doesn't work with my psychology - I buy whatever makes me feel good NOW - and then I'll cry when it gets too big lol, but not too hard. I know I don't have as much to lose as a lot of people posting here - but you know it gets harder close to your goal - partly it's vanity - but mostly I'd like to be able to walk without a limp. I really haven't been at this too long this time, guess I better knock on wood, it's been going pretty well, a set back would make me sad - but if I do go backwards, I promise to come confess my sins, lol.
shunammite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Shunnamite!!

Yes, you are right, it's not strict Stillmans, but a lot of us are doing a revised version of it. I'm a newcomer myself, but I'm pretty confident that this crowd would LOVE to have you join us! I like how you pay attention to the presentation of the food. I think your idea of adding a few veggies in was something Stilly allowed later on, but I'm still a little scared of doing that. Some of us do, or we rotate from the QWL with just meat and eggs to something closer to what you do.

Sorry to hear about your ankle!! I know how that is, I have crummy knees that have kept me from exercise. If you had time to get in a pool, the water is the best thing to take the weight off of your joints while you get a workout. I don't have time, and I hate the water, but I did it for quite some time when it was either the water or the wheelchair, and I was more scared of the wheelchair!! People must have snickered behind my back as they saw my hubby wheel me in in a swimsuit, then I would stagger to the deep end and jump in. I couldn't get down the ladder and it was all I could do to pull myself out. When I got to crutch stage, I would have to hold the crutch (wooden) above me while I swam to the shallow end to get out! Must have been a real show for onlookers!

Do what you have to do to lose, and we will keep you as motivated and accountable as we can. You do the same for us, we're all losers, but human!
Old 07-03-2010, 02:59 AM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the warm greeting, Smaller! This is the NICEST BUNCH OF PEOPLE! I hope when you guys are all scrawny you'll still be so loving! I did intend my pic to be an avatar, haven't figured out yet why it is only in my profile - so lousy with computer skills, not good at getting pics up, but I do have a before and hope to soon have an after. I LIVE NEXT DOOR TO A POOL - but hate to get my hair wet and all undone - haven't even been there this year - I do have an exercise bike, a good one - once I started doing the little exercise regimen again, I left it alone - mistake - the bike, with a lot of tension, is the best thing for the ankle. I'm trying to make lemonade out of this lemon - broken ankle - I may be crippled now, I hope not - but thought well at least I can get skinny out of it - it worked last time (15 years ago!) - also got my teeth whitened - hey anything that you can do to feel better, do it - and what you can't change - try to say "ok".
Old 07-03-2010, 03:35 AM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning, Losers!

Welcome Shunammite~ thank you so much for sharing your story! I just love hearing about each new success. Congratulations and how wonderful that you are so in-tune with what you are eating. I think that's half the battle . finding something that works for you. YOu will find that we all have our own story.. different but hauntingly the same. The great thing is we all found each other! We hope to help you along your journey, I am sure we will all be great friends.

Last edited by IM2fat; 07-03-2010 at 04:11 AM..
Old 07-03-2010, 03:42 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm up early. . Why, you ask? perhaps its my body telling me. . get it together and get it moving! I have a busy day planned but will be checking in thorough out the day to keep my motivation at an all time high..

Al? I know you are working today, too. . Give us your deep thoughts for the day!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:01 AM   #159
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Avon makes a lotion that you put on every day and by the third day you can start seeing a little color.. I use it throughout the summer because I dont' tan either. . don't have time. . I'm Ms. White
i never found a good fake tan that didnt streak...my knees are especially bad when I use it. how does the avon stuff compare? I was actually thinking of mixing my loreal with another moisturizer so results are not to noticeable. maybe that would even it out a little better?? anyone ever try that?
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:02 AM   #160
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I found out after many years that I was allergic to venison. .
thank goodness its the only meat you are allergic too!!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:03 AM   #161
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
I just got the plain burger that's rolled on the edges with peppercorn and garlic.
sounds delish!! and what a price!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:06 AM   #162
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
on tanning beds I never get freckles-dunno why not but I like it!! In the sun,especially if it's windy I get them-only on my lower arms and face but God I hate them!! Now rant over!!
I can really talk about nothing, cant I!!!!!!
i have never heard of freckles from the wind! you are too cute!! freckles and all!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:07 AM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
i never found a good fake tan that didnt streak...my knees are especially bad when I use it. how does the avon stuff compare? I was actually thinking of mixing my loreal with another moisturizer so results are not to noticeable. maybe that would even it out a little better?? anyone ever try that?
I've never been a huge fan of the fake tan stuff becuase I can never apply it correctly, either. This stuff works great on my skin. not fakey, orangey either. . pretty simple to apply and I usually have pretty good results. I use it on my legs and arms several times a week until I have a slight glow then I cut back to once a week. (It is the Skin So Soft series)

Last edited by IM2fat; 07-03-2010 at 04:10 AM..
Old 07-03-2010, 04:08 AM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You will feel better when you get your hair done, just focus on how good you will look with color, and losing a bit more PLUS the TOM weight. Keep on what you are doing, it got you off of 155 and it can do it again! Don't give up! You are not frumpy, you are in a transition stage!
Great advice for IM2 and Im taking it too. I am totally transitioning right now!!!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:09 AM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

By the way. . Good Morning, Al! I see you are hard at work already!! Hehehe. . .it's us die hards that make the world go around. What on earth would this world do without us gals to keep it all together. .

On my second cup O Joe and it tastes soo good today. .
Old 07-03-2010, 04:10 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Great advice for IM2 and Im taking it too. I am totally transitioning right now!!!!!
I feel my buns transitioning right now! Holy butt-cheeks, Batman!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:16 AM   #167
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I love the pink logo, Lisa!

Al, I'm a little confused. Your stats say you are at 118, and you think your coworkers may have been thinking of you as the "big girl?" You must work in the Anorexia Headquarters. Good idea on "planning" the cake. That's where most of us trip up, cake just "happens." And too often!

Gwn, congrats on the whoosh!!
hey Christine! I didnt explain too well. Being big for so long kept me from all those events in the past and although I've lost the weight, yesterday was my first public food event. Im so used to not going and not taking part in the food festivities that I had to force myself to go to get over the fear of people seeing me eat. It was still a little unsettling but I kept telling myself 'no one is watching you. they are too busy licking frosting off thier lips!' I also had to breathe slowly, put my fork down between bites, look around, chat, take another small bite. I had to think about going slow so I wouldnt wolf it down and spill it all over myself. oh yeah... issues here..but Im headed in the right direction to overcome them!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:27 AM   #168
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al? I know you are working today, too. . Give us your deep thoughts for the day!
you will have no choice than to read them all day!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:30 AM   #169
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome shuna! Thank you so much for joining our group and taking the time to share your journey. I look forward to watching your progress as you quickly meet all your goals! Great idea to keep a pretty plate, dilute the cherry soda, and even cooking chicken in the microwave. wow! how does it come out??

Isnt shu's plan, the 14 day one, peeps? This is the perfect place for you!!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:36 AM   #170
Blabbermouth!!!

shu: great profile pic! here's how to put it out in the open:

go to user control panel
under settings and options - choose edit avatar
toward the bottom - make sure custom avatar is selected
under option 2, click browse to find your file
then save!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:46 AM   #171
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps!! I'm boiling!!! Still drinking tea tho!!! Oh yeah and I'm glowing orange!!
Im2---I love your Wii--like 7lbs lighter!! I'd stick to that scale and dump the old one!!!
Christine--I'm sorry about yours-nasty thing!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:48 AM   #172
Big Yapper!!!!

I might have to get that Avon one! but I've tried those build-up tanners--and I found them really uneven and orange!! Like Johnson&Johnson and Dove (maybe ye don't have those)
You name the fake tan--I've tried it!!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:52 AM   #173
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Shu-welcome!! You'll do great here with Stills-you've done it before so you know what it's about!! I like the veggie idea--Im2 has a cup full now! And I've often (enough) had a salad! A lot of people mix it up a bit!!Def keeps us sane!! Sorry about your ankle.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:54 AM   #174
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunammite View Post
- - but if I do go backwards, I promise to come confess my sins, lol.
That's a rule!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:57 AM   #175
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunammite View Post
This is the NICEST BUNCH OF PEOPLE! I hope when you guys are all scrawny you'll still be so loving! .
Ye better be, peeps!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:58 AM   #176
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
YOu will find that we all have our own story.. different but hauntingly the same.
True, unfortunately!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:59 AM   #177
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
i have never heard of freckles from the wind!
It's true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 05:02 AM   #178
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
but I kept telling myself 'no one is watching you. they are too busy licking frosting off thier lips!'

I'm glad you went and had the cake---not advocating cheating (like I can talk!) but it was for a fantastic reason---and you enjoyed it and felt great after---so it's all good!!
Old 07-03-2010, 05:03 AM   #179
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
shu: great profile pic! here's how to put it out in the open:

go to user control panel
under settings and options - choose edit avatar
toward the bottom - make sure custom avatar is selected
under option 2, click browse to find your file
then save!
THANK YOU!!! I don't know WHY I was so retarded!!!

I have to say it again, this is the NICEST BUNCH OF PEOPLE - I'm a former religious nut - still am, sort of - but I promise to keep it out of here, lol - but - I noticed weight loss forums can be JUST AS HEATED, if you deviate from the party line, WHUMPH!

I ALWAYS have to deviate - from EVERY "line" - just too impatient I guess - maybe the right way would work eventually but I want it NOW -

I am slightly afraid of gaining weight the next four days - it will be a good test - going on a 4 day trip to Asheville with my husband - will be eating out the whole time - I hope to stick close to Stillman for breakfast and lunch, and then eat a modest but nice dinner - we'll see. There was actually a diet plan like that, The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet - supposedly if you only ate carbs within a one hour time frame once a day, you would not crave them and overeat - I just never believed I could lose weight that way, but hope something like that would help me maintain it - the breakfast and lunch may STAY Stillman, because it's so easy to take to work - just have to see.

Something else that helped me - 7 secrets of thin people - they are in tune with their own body - a little contradictory to weight losing advice - they wait and eat when they are really hungry, then eat till they are not hungry, before feeling overstuffed - you can tell you have it right by how you feel after eating - satisfied, not stuffed and sluggish. (Like I always feel on Sun afternoons after fixing big meal for my son and his family! But I have decided to eat Stillman then too, it ruins the rest of the day for me, just a big slug!)

I look everywhere, all the time, for something that will help me be "in control" - because it does not come easy to me - lots of obesity in my gene background - but I have been lucky - only really out of control in my life for one five year period - the rest of the time just "frumpy". I don't wanna be frumpy, I wanna be BEAUTIFUL. Ok that's out, I'm getting old. Well, I don't want to be sluggish.

I remember after losing from 195 - it happened quickly - I dropped sixty pounds in about three months - in my early 40's - highly motivated for several reasons, too long to explain - I still had the muscle strength for the 195, but suddenly only had to move 135 around - I felt like Michael Jackson moon walking, it was like being 20 years younger!

Nothing that dramatic this time - but I do feel better - and I've been lucky, not too hard - 12 pounds off in about a month. Now, to KEEP IT OFF - and still be able to live a little.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:03 AM   #180
Big Yapper!!!!

Shu-just seen your pick--another very pretty lady!!