Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 05:14 AM   #1711
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Hi Everyone!

Hi Mim, Hang in there.... I know that feeling! It is also nice to meet you too!

GT! I need to find my poms-poms..... they are around here somewhere! I thought they are purple... not pink?? Hmmmm, I have an eye exam today so I'll check my vision!

I just sat down at my desk with a can of tuna and 16 ounces of water. Sigh. Here we go! Down the hatch!

-Dustin
dlyons is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2010, 05:15 AM   #1712
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
buy the WalMart brand....fruit punch!
Im always stocked with fruit punch!!! love love love it!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:16 AM   #1713
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
Oh, today I drank 160 oz of H2O.....will prob drink more through the night. I always drink a ton of water. Been like this for yrs! LOL
WOW!!! Great job!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:17 AM   #1714
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hey- what about meeeeee???????????? I miss ya!!!!!!!!!!!
I was already deep i conversation with you girl! I could never forget you!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:18 AM   #1715
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Sure do, Al! Sorry to be a shrinking violet, but
Dont be sorry! You are the shrinking CC!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:22 AM   #1716
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Just dont' bring any snow. . glad to see you back .
Dustin, did it take this long to dig yourself out of that last storm? Nice to have everyone back together again, and I cant wait for you to get to know our new buddys. You are gonna do great!!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:23 AM   #1717
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Dustin! I know you! I was a lurker for months and months (years) before I came out of lurker mode. It sure is nice to see you again.

And talking about myself as a lurker for such a long time makes it feel creepier that I thought at the time!
haha- no lurking! you were doing your research to make sure we were really as cool as you thought we were!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:26 AM   #1718
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
she came to the big fridge room and pointed out a shelf full of big bags of mixed egg yolks--I had never seen anything like it in my life----I tell ya, it put me off McMuffins for life!!!!!!!!!!
gross!!! I never worked mornings so luckily I didt have that experience! I did think it was cool that the pickles and onion bits were dehydrated, and I had to fill the buckets with water to make them come alive!!! gross!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:28 AM   #1719
Senior LCF Member

Hey there Al!

I just finished half a can of tuna and had about 8 oz of water. Trying to finish the rest now. Things will get easier! The weather was so hot.... usually August is the hottest month! This year, July feels like August. I am wondering what August will bring!!

I haven't tried my egg thingy yet. I was planning to use it this morning, but I didn't feel like it. I just bought 6 cans of tuna to work.

I have my eye exam this afternoon so I will be getting out of work early!

-Dustin
Old 07-26-2010, 05:29 AM   #1720
Senior LCF Member

I wonder how those "eggs" will taste by itself??? Can come in handy to mix in with tuna instead of chopping up a piece of HB egg!

-Dustin
Old 07-26-2010, 05:35 AM   #1721
Senior LCF Member

Hoo-Boy, reading that paragraph about McMuffins... I want one.... I also want Hardee's. They have good breakfast sandwiches! Okay, bad boy.... back to my delicious can of tuna.... hmmmm, finger licking good!

-Dustin
Old 07-26-2010, 05:35 AM   #1722
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
My Sunday got away from me. I didn't feel well, but couldn't take a nap - just didn't fall asleep. I was too exhausted to do anything so I played Wii games and read. I'm off plan and decided that I will start again Wednesday. In the meantime I'm going to do the best I can to not go crazy. I'm just emotionally drained, not to mention physically exhausted. I'm hanging here thoughbe cause even off plan because you all are my friends, and because part of getting re-committed and re-energized lies in seeing all of you do so well!
Taking a break from the strictness of QWL is OK. Just try to make the best choices you can in the meantime so all your hard work over the last few weeks is not for nothing. Take it from me, do not get into the I blew it so oh well rut. (not that you will) Take the next two days off to rest up and choose wisely..no junk! pleeeease.

Even though you are "off plan", you can have a "new plan" for today!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:37 AM   #1723
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
back to my delicious can of tuna.... hmmmm, finger licking good!
Nobody loves tuna as much as you!!! ((Lisa may be a close second)
Old 07-26-2010, 05:40 AM   #1724
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hey there Al!

I just finished half a can of tuna and had about 8 oz of water. Trying to finish the rest now. Things will get easier!
i just re-inducted myself two days ago. it was horrible. the headache. the crabbiness..luckily Im on day 3 and Im good to go!!! Heres hoping the headache passes over you!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:46 AM   #1725
Blabbermouth!!!

It is beeautiful here in CT today!!!! We had 2 days of awful humidity and a few storms and this morning its 67...creeping to 69!! Im sure it'll heat up soon, but my plan is to take the kids to the park! The bikes are already in the car! My 3 year old can finally ride, so I dont have to walk after them or help push her along. She's already saying.."momma, I can ride! Can I have my princess bike now?" Ive been making her use her brothers old rusty boy bike...

So, I think a purchase is in my future this week! something very pink with streamers!!! I love reliving through them!!!

I stuck to the plan last night...2 porchops, 2 chicken legs, and a bowl of ground turkey for snack. I pretended it was ice cream...yum!

just one tiny little confession, but Im not beating myself up...I'm having a little cream in my coffee. Not every cup, but at least two out of the 10.

Weight is the same at 123...
Old 07-26-2010, 05:48 AM   #1726
Blabbermouth!!!

enjoy the day peeps!!! I'll be back!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:36 AM   #1727
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Dustin! I know you! I was a lurker for months and months (years) before I came out of lurker mode. It sure is nice to see you again.

And talking about myself as a lurker for such a long time makes it feel creepier that I thought at the time!
I'm not getting at you Mim, I promise!! but I still find it so weird and horrible if I'm really honest that people "lurk"-it's a stupid word anyway--but still it's like I forget that anyone can read what I write!! It's the fact that people read what we write and then "know" us, I don't mean if someone reads a bit--it's when people read everyday and don't post. You can see people must do that because this thread gets read-a lot!!
I know, it's just me--I'm weird!! I've never been on FB--I like my privacy too much!!!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:38 AM   #1728
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

GT! I need to find my poms-poms..... they are around here somewhere! I thought they are purple... not pink?? Hmmmm, I have an eye exam today so I'll check my vision!
In my world everything is Pink, Dustin!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:39 AM   #1729
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
haha- no lurking! you were doing your research to make sure we were really as cool as you thought we were!!!
that we are!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:41 AM   #1730
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
gross!!! I never worked mornings so luckily I didt have that experience! I did think it was cool that the pickles and onion bits were dehydrated, and I had to fill the buckets with water to make them come alive!!! gross!
Oh those were the days!!!!!!!!!! Surprised I ever ate at McD's after that!!! I love love love pickles!!! I hate when people pick them off their burger like they were poison!!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:44 AM   #1731
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hoo-Boy, reading that paragraph about McMuffins... I want one.... I also want Hardee's. They have good breakfast sandwiches! Okay, bad boy.... back to my delicious can of tuna.... hmmmm, finger licking good!

-Dustin
Meant to say Dustin--I prob shouldn't say thes words now, don't wanna give you more cravings---but I tried a Reeces Peanut Butter Cup (or whatever they're called!) It was strangely good!! I thought of you!! I think you were gone when I had it!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:45 AM   #1732
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Nobody loves tuna as much as you!!! ((Lisa may be a close second)
GT is NOT in that tuna-lovin-club!!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:47 AM   #1733
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
My 3 year old can finally ride, so I dont have to walk after them or help push her along. She's already saying.."momma, I can ride! Can I have my princess bike now?" Ive been making her use her brothers old rusty boy bike...

So, I think a purchase is in my future this week! something very pink with streamers!!! I love reliving through them!!!
Too cute!! I can't wait to be able to that!! I can buy baby dolls again!!!!
Enjoy!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:51 AM   #1734
Senior LCF Member

I want a baby doll and a trike. I also want a princess bike!

-Dustin

P.S. I also want a peanut butter cup!

P.S.S. I'm opening my second can of tuna! Hmmmmmm!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:55 AM   #1735
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
I ate bad last night. Did fine all day then BAM! Chips, salsa and guacamole! Ugh. Up to 160 today! Grrrrrrrrrrr! I know it's water retention as my calories still weren't that high and boy am I bloated, major squishy belly! Why'd I do it to myself? I don't know... glutton for punishment, I suppose.... I already went for my bike ride this morning and I am keeping cals to a minimum today and nothing but meat is going to pass by these lips. Ugh. I have to run some errands but will catch up on posts later... Just wanted to fess up. Thought I had my resolve back, after seeing a new number on the scale...
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:19 AM   #1736
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Gwn. Its OK. Let's forget it ever happened. You are already looking good at 160, so its easier to have a cheat here and there, as long as we don't let it get out of hand, or last for more than a day. Maybe we should start planning those refeeds that some have mentioned. (November thread- slatman) Maybe for every 10 pounds we lose, we get to have a 4 hour window of healthy carbs and fat. ( I wish that meant to eat brown rice and cheese for 4 hours straight, but I dont think so-ha!)But the refeed would also include guacamole in my book!

Im so happy you kept your calories down and were under control. You exercised, and did everything right! I will however hold you to your promise - all meat all day! You can do it! Lets get to goal once and for all!! We are soooo close!

I am one to have to get to my ultimate worst for weight before I can commit to a diet, but once I hit rock bottom and decide to do it, I can accomplish it cheat free. I think I rememeber you saying something like that too. Once your willpower strikes, nothing can stop you. Once I cheat though, I keep cheating all the way. Lets get our willpower back now and keep it going! Im on day 3, but I wont totally beleive Im doing this until I get a good 2 weeks under my belt. It is so much harder to jump back on QWL, when we're not that big to begin with. It like our minds tell us, its OK to have chinese or mexican, because we still look so much better than we did before. So beside the fact that it tastes so darn good that we dont want to stop, I think we cheat because we know we can. And instead of feeling down on ourselves, lets say hey! we look pretty good, we can handle it, and we have the tools to get the extra pounds it causes off! I hope this helps you, cause its helping me typing it out....

HUGS!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #1737
Senior LCF Member

Good afternoon!

I just finished my third can of tuna! Thanks to everyone here, I'm still holding strong! I just took an aspirin for my headache. I'm not feeling that crabby.... but wait until tomorrow! Whoo-Hoo!

I drank about 48 oz of water. I'm leaving the office early at 2:00 for my eye exam. I just asked about the contacts. I remember that I discussed this back in April and I am brining this up again.

Wishing everyone a pleasant afternoon and keep checking in here often!

-Dustin
Old 07-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #1738
Senior LCF Member

Amen, Al! Preach it!

-Dustin
Old 07-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #1739
Blabbermouth!!!

and its easy to cheat because QWL works so good, we know it only takes a week to get the cheat pounds off and then some! OK. that theory wont help us get to goal, but thats what goes on in my silly mind when I go for round 2 of the goldfish or cheezits...I know I can get it off again.

But we made our goal weights for a reason and we will be happier once we get there, so lets have a few cheats when we reach it, but not until then!

whadaya say girlfriend? we can do this!!!

something else that happens in my warped brain...I felt skinny at 113 and I felt good about myself. I have to tell myself, convince myself that I still look good at 123, 125, 128, but I dont really believe it. I feel fat and it brings the same misery of being 150 (but not as much as 190). thats why I know I have to do this. I have to do it right and get back the confidence I had a few weeks ago. (omg...its been a few months) yikes.

So here's to happiness! and skinniness! We can all get there and I cant wait!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:38 AM   #1740
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I just finished my third can of tuna! Thanks to everyone here, I'm still holding strong! I just took an aspirin for my headache. I'm not feeling that crabby.... but wait until tomorrow! Whoo-Hoo!
Great job Dustin!!! Keep it up! We can handle your crankiness tomorrow, just try to be nice to everyone else! Get those contacts, eat that meat and dont turn back!