Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #841
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hey hey hey!!! Im on day 3!!!

HI sillyerin!!!! So great to have you back!!! It's awesome that you've been able to maintain your loss after all this time!! Now dont go leaving us, ya hear!!?!

Yam- your poem was fantastic!! Gonna be singing that tune all day!!!!

MIM- So sorry you arent feeling well. Get better soon!!!

Went out and had my prime rib last night- wanted to eat all the yummy edges but stayed strong!! Im down today to 119!! gotta change ma stats!!

I swear I could eat prime rib every day. So yummy, so satisfying. I think Im gonna..one huge steak per day. i didnt tell you guys but I was 126 and after 3 days of stillmans Im 119. zero carb is the answer to all my problems!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #842
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Hi Peeps!!!! Wow, I've just spent a very long time reading over the posts from the weekend. I'm finally all caught up though. Congrats to all the losses!!! Especially Swebb and Gwn! Gwn, you look fantastic in your avi. I'm jealous of your jaw line. And welcome to any newbies.

So, I'm not going to reply to specific posts, or I'll be here all night. I have to fess up. My weekend was high carb. And I'm now feeling the effects. The last couple of weeks have taken their toll and it's time for me to commit to Stillman's again, 100%. No more low fat dairy, or having a day off here and there. It's not working for me and I need to stop the weight gain now. I know I've gained, as TOM is here and my belly is protruding. Call me Mrs. Buddha.

Anyway, I am committing to Stillman's as of tomorrow indefinitely. I'm sure it will be easier as I will be returning to a routine with my new job starting tomorrow. I will check in regularly, and I will post menus once again. I need your support folks. I need to get back on the losing train. I've missed you in the last couple of weeks in this whirlwind of change and excitement.
kamills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #843
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Did someone get the license of the truck that ran me over? Ugggggg. I started throwing up last night and had to call dd when the girls woke up this morning 'cause I was still at it. I think that part is over, but I'm weak and have a splitting headache. DD gave me one of her anti-nausea pills (she stays nauseated throughout her pregnancy) and I went back to bed after carrying the baby downstairs for her. Then I napped a bit when they went down for naps. I have had an apple today. Have eaten small amounts of it all day. It is what my body wants. Probably because when I was a little girl my mom would scrape apple for me when I would get sick. Anyway, I doubt it will do much harm as that is all I've managed to eat. I just now was able to take something for the headache and it seems to be staying down, so I must be on the mend! I'll catch up on posts later. Just passing through to get lots of sympathy! : )

Mim - I am so sorry you are sick - if the headache does not go away PLEASE go to the doctor. I say this only because I just lost a friend (brain aneurysm) - her only initial symptom was a splitting headache!

Listen to your body and give it what it craves. Sending healing light your way.
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #844
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I swear I could eat prime rib every day. So yummy, so satisfying. I think Im gonna..one huge steak per day. i didnt tell you guys but I was 126 and after 3 days of stillmans Im 119. zero carb is the answer to all my problems!
YAY Al!!

mmmmmmmm...........prime rib (AND the yummy edges) I think I might be changing my dinner plans from tuna to steak on the barbie....
Old 07-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #845
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
Call me Mrs. Buddha.

Anyway, I am committing to Stillman's as of tomorrow indefinitely. I'm sure it will be easier as I will be returning to a routine with my new job starting tomorrow. I will check in regularly, and I will post menus once again. I need your support folks. I need to get back on the losing train. I've missed you in the last couple of weeks in this whirlwind of change and excitement.
ok Mrs. Budda - we need your humor on here so don't stay away so long again!

BTW - Congrats on the job.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #846
Senior LCF Member

Stillman's Rocks! I dropped 25 pounds today!

......ok it was a very large box of clothes that I just gave away since they are too big for me!

I wish I could drop that amount in FAT in a day but I will take my slow, steady but "gone forever" losses.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:43 PM   #847
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Mim - I am so sorry you are sick - if the headache does not go away PLEASE go to the doctor. I say this only because I just lost a friend (brain aneurysm) - her only initial symptom was a splitting headache!

Listen to your body and give it what it craves. Sending healing light your way.
Thanks - I had actually considered a trip to the er, but when I was finally able to get excederin down, my headache went away. I'm thinking it was just part of whatever bug got me!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #848
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

HI sillyerin!!!! So great to have you back!!! It's awesome that you've been able to maintain your loss after all this time!! Now dont go leaving us, ya hear!!?!

Yam- your poem was fantastic!! Gonna be singing that tune all day!!!!

MIM- So sorry you arent feeling well. Get better soon!!!

Went out and had my prime rib last night- wanted to eat all the yummy edges but stayed strong!! Im down today to 119!! gotta change ma stats!!

Go Al! You always take it off so quickly. Congratulations!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #849
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Gals! How are we forecasting our week? Eventful. . successful. .Rockin? What is your game plan? Mine. .stay on plan and lose 3 pounds! Enough said. .
SUCCESSFUL!! Gonna lose 5 pounds!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:46 PM   #850
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Did someone get the license of the truck that ran me over? Ugggggg. I started throwing up last night and had to call dd when the girls woke up this morning 'cause I was still at it. I think that part is over, but I'm weak and have a splitting headache. DD gave me one of her anti-nausea pills (she stays nauseated throughout her pregnancy) and I went back to bed after carrying the baby downstairs for her. Then I napped a bit when they went down for naps. I have had an apple today. Have eaten small amounts of it all day. It is what my body wants. Probably because when I was a little girl my mom would scrape apple for me when I would get sick. Anyway, I doubt it will do much harm as that is all I've managed to eat. I just now was able to take something for the headache and it seems to be staying down, so I must be on the mend! I'll catch up on posts later. Just passing through to get lots of sympathy! : )

Rest up and get better and take care of you!!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #851
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yam. .I think I need to dust my copy off and start reading it again. My co-worker bought the book and thought exactly what you did. .she was very disappointed and almost threw it away because of some of the language, etc. . She gave it to me and I haven't gotten past page 1. Moreso because I just can't find the time but from the few snippets you posted, maybe I need to. .
Try reading the book as a helpful and very insightful book to aid in the weight loss journey, and not as a book about God. It is a very helpful book!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #852
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Awesome, Al!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #853
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Hey Al: I know you are on a date night, but this if for you.....and all of us:

Meat, meat!! Our favorite treat!

The more we lose the more we eat!

The more we eat the more we lose!

So every meal it's meat we choose!

Ha!

Just had the filet mignon for dinner and it was heaven!! Yum-Ho!!!

I had a great 100% QWL day!
Great poem! I'm going to keep singing it and doing what it says - as soon as my tummy settles down!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #854
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamills View Post
Kamills: You know you have it!! You can do this! You know you can!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #855
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Stillman's Rocks! I dropped 25 pounds today!

......ok it was a very large box of clothes that I just gave away since they are too big for me!

HAAAAAA_HA! Love that!!
Old 07-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #856
Blabbermouth!!!

OK, last post before I head back to the tortue chamber (workout room) to do Strong Woman.....

So far today I've had 2 eggs cooked in 1 TBL VCO and 3 ounces of canned tuna (in water and I also rinsed it hoping soming of the saltiness would go away.)

Had 30 ounces of h2o and 30 ounces of iced herbal tea.

I did 90 minutes on the elliptical @ THR!! I am a ball of stinky, stinky sweat. Good thing no one else is here to smell me. After my workouts today, my reward will either be to drive over to the lake and throw myself in, or get into my jacuzzi tub with some scented bath salts!!!

If this exercise does not start knocking the weight down quickly, I shall scream. Although, I'm afraid if I start building muscle too quickly I won't see the results I want on the scale. Did take measurements, though. And I'm gonna rely on my pants and bra hooks to tell the real story!!

Positive attitude. Positive attitude. I can do this!!! I'm feeling the POW-AH!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 07-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #857
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeeps!
Yam--I loved that poem!!!
Congrats for throwing away the clothes, Sharon-you must be so proud!!
Al--yay on the loss!!!
Gwn--yeah the salads are a killer!! I've gained 4lbs since Thursday--and the only thing off-plan was a scoop of ice-cream---but I've been eating a lot of salad--that's the one thing I hate about QWL-the unbelievable bounce if you eat any carbs at all!!
Welcome back Erin.
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #858
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Congrats for throwing away the clothes, Sharon-you must be so proud!!
Yes! But I wanted to tell the girl that came to pick them up all about Stillman's! - I am pretty sure she would not have appreciated it

After cleaning all the drawers and closets I have decided I need to start a new support group......

Socks Without Partners

One of the great mysteries of life - WHERE did that second sock go??????
Old 07-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #859
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Socks Without Partners

One of the great mysteries of life - WHERE did that second sock go??????
O my goodness. . can I relate to this one! With 5 men in the house, I took to buying all pink and yellow socks thinking they wouldn't take them. Mistake!!! The other oddity is that even most of my socks have become mis-matched . I even carry them my own self to the laundry and they disappear. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #860
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim .are you doing Co? Mine still hasn't come in :-(
Old 07-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #861
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mim .are you doing Co? Mine still hasn't come in :-(
Yes, except for today. The stuff I bought at the grocery store is now my moisturizer! I bet yours comes tomorrow!
Old 07-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #862
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
WTG Al!

How many cals do you think you ate the last few days. Wow, losing 8 lbs in 3 days ROCKS! Do you drink coffee? Are you still doing the CL?

I'm doing okay, but for some STUPID REASON, I'm not eating till I'm satisfied. I'm still counting calories then I'm hungry and eat more ckn or turkey and then I put butter or a bit of cheese on it so it tides me over. What's my deal? I gotta just eat more and not worry about the calories.! I'm losing but not as fast. HELP ME! I need encouragement!

Thanks Gals!

B
Old 07-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #863
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Hey all, sounds like another great day in loser land!

KUTGW Al! Inspire us!

BOO salads Gwn, don't sweat it, it too shall pass! 'Sides, you deserve the reward of such diligence!

WTG Sharon-soon you will have no clothes!and def no socks!

KAM, GT-three our fathers and three hail marys, dust yourself off and hop on plan! You can do it!

YamGlam, I think it is you that is torturing the equipment, not the other way around! GO YOU!

Erin, thanks for the plan info, will have to try ditching the condiments to speed up the losses!

And now, I must shout out a huge THANK YOU to all of you for discussing the yeast cleanse.
One of my cats has had a yeast infection in his ear forever and I've tried everything-expensive meds, torturous cleaning, etc. to no avail. Then the light bulb went off!
*ZAP*
It's used for cats with yeast and kidney issues! My boy has been on it for two days now and he's def feeling better! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

TMI it's just making things go smoooothly for me so I don't think yeast is an issue for me, just fat!

1 egg 1 white scrambled, 3 turkey sausage links
1 lb. baked tilapia w/lemon pepper, chile powder, red pepper; cajun style-it was delish!
5 oz tuna w/ 1 tsp greek yogurt, celery seed and onion powder-also delish!
I'm at about 4 glasses dilute CL
did the usual 1 1/2 mile walk this a.m.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #864
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

just in...

"Study: Exercise, tea and vitamin D to ward off dementia," by Mary
Brophy Marcus (_USA Today_ [McLean, Virginia], Jul. 12, 2010).
Study: Exercise, tea and vitamin D to ward off dementia - USATODAY.com

"Fish Oil May Lower Risk for Breast Cancer in Postmenopausal Women,"
by Laurie Barclay (Medscape Medical News, Jul. 12, 2010). http://cme.medscape.com/viewarticle/724939

Vacationing in Hawaii, two priests decide to wear casual clothes so they won't be identified as clergy. They buy Hawaiian shirts and sandals, and soon hit the beach. They notice a gorgeous blonde in a tiny bikini. "Good afternoon, Fathers," she says as she strolls by.
The men are stunned. How does she know they're clergy? Later they buy even wilder attire: surfer shorts, tie-dyed T-shirts, and dark glasses. The next day, they return to the beach. The same fabulous blonde, now wearing a string bikini, passes by, nods politely at them, and says, "Good morning, Fathers."

"Just a minute, young lady," says one of the priests. "We are priests and proud of it, but how in the world did you know?"

"You don't recognize me? I'm Sister Kathryn from the convent."

Old 07-12-2010, 05:52 PM   #865
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yes, except for today. The stuff I bought at the grocery store is now my moisturizer! I bet yours comes tomorrow!
I was just wondering if you were experiencing the Die off? I bet you were. How are you feeling, now? I stopped doing the yucky stuff until my real stuff comes in. .
Old 07-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #866
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just had a thought. .

is there something wrong with this picture? I'm watching one of my favorite shows "Intervention" with a Rum and diet. .

That's like watching a exercise tape with chocolate cake!!! I am such a loser!!
Old 07-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #867
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I was just wondering if you were experiencing the Die off? I bet you were. How are you feeling, now? I stopped doing the yucky stuff until my real stuff comes in. .
I actually wondered that myself. I've had a few yeast symptome and was going to do the cleanse next week, but I thought you had to take more than CO to get die off.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:04 PM   #868
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I just had a thought. .

is there something wrong with this picture? I'm watching one of my favorite shows "Intervention" with a Rum and diet. .

Hardly! unless you "have" to have the rum. I, on the other hand have indeed binged while watching weight loss shows or reading a self-help weight loss book. Such strange behavior!

and I still feel bad enough that the mention of chocolate cake turns my stomach!
Old 07-12-2010, 06:30 PM   #869
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I just had a thought. .

LOL vodka tonic going down here.........Al approves so I'm running with that!

oldie but goodie.........

and then the fight started
One year, I decided to buy my mother-in-law a cemetery plot as a Christmas gift
The next year, I didn't buy her a gift.

When she asked me why, I replied, "Well, you still haven't used the gift I bought you last year!"

And that's how the fight started.....

My wife and I were watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire while we were in
bed. I turned to her and said, 'Do you want to have Sex?. 'No,' she answered. I then said,

'Is that your final answer?' She didn't even look at me this time, simply saying, 'Yes..'
So I said, "Then I'd like to phone a friend."

And that's when the fight started...

I took my wife to a restaurant.

The waiter, for some reason, took my order first. "I'll have the rump steak, rare, please."

He said, "Aren't you worried about the mad cow?" "Nah, she can order for herself."

And that's when the fight started.....

My wife and I were sitting at a table at her high school reunion, and she kept staring at a drunken man swigging his drink as he sat alone at a nearby table.

I asked her, "Do you know him?" "Yes", she sighed, "He's my old boyfriend. I understand he took to drinking right after we split up those many years ago, and I hear he hasn't been sober since."

"My God!" I said, "Who would think a person could go on celebrating that long?"

And then the fight started...

When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed. But, somehow I always had something else to take care of first, the shed, the boat, making beer. Always something more important to me. Finally, she thought of a clever way to make her point.

When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing scissors. I watched silently for a short time and then went into the house. I was gone only a minute, and when I came out again, I handed her a toothbrush. I said, "When you finish cutting the grass, you might as well sweep the driveway."

The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always have a limp.

My wife sat down next to me as I was flipping channels.

She asked, "What's on TV?" I said, "Dust."

And then the fight started...

Saturday morning I got up early, quietly dressed, made my lunch, and slipped quietly into the garage. I hooked up the boat up to the van, and proceeded to back out into a torrential downpour. The wind was blowing 50 mph, so I pulled back into the garage, turned on the radio, and discovered that the weather would be bad all day.

I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed. I cuddled up to my wife's back, now with a different anticipation, and whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."

My loving wife of 5 years replied, "And, can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that?"

And that's how the fight started...

My wife was hinting about what she wanted for our upcoming anniversary. She said, "I want something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3 seconds."

I bought her a bathroom scale.

And then the fight started......

My wife was standing nude, looking in the bedroom mirror.

She was not happy with what she saw and said to me, "I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly. I really need you to pay me a compliment.'

I replied, "Your eyesight's damn near perfect."

And then the fight started........
Old 07-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #870
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
WTG Al!

How many cals do you think you ate the last few days. Wow, losing 8 lbs in 3 days ROCKS! Do you drink coffee? Are you still doing the CL?

I'm doing okay, but for some STUPID REASON, I'm not eating till I'm satisfied. I'm still counting calories then I'm hungry and eat more ckn or turkey and then I put butter or a bit of cheese on it so it tides me over. What's my deal? I gotta just eat more and not worry about the calories.! I'm losing but not as fast. HELP ME! I need encouragement!

Thanks Gals!

B
Hi Beth - It is so hard to let go of past diet "do's". No butter, no cheese - just more meat

If you are drinking anything with artificial sweeteners then that might be slowing your loss as well. BUT if the scale is going down at least it is going in the right direction Hang in there - Stillman's works.