Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #811
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
CC

too cool that you even know what an eave soffit is.. Im stumped!
Oh babe let me build you anything! The staff scatters when I trot my Coach laden high heel wearing' bimbo big blonde butt into the Home Depot-and I know the managers and department heads by name!

Every woman needs-

one sexy black lace bra

one woman she can tell anything to
a cordless drill driver (18v-no wussy 9 or 12v)

eave part of a roof-the underside of the roof that extends farther out than the walls then fold back and connects to the wall.

Last edited by CCGirl; 07-11-2010 at 05:34 PM..
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #812
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
WTG MMS!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Rae and Adi, welcome back Power! Just do it girls, soon you will be bony butts like Gwn, Al and GT! You will never regret this plan! Like seriously, I CAN LOSE WEIGHT!

And a reminder, if you have not read this article, it will change your life and put the WOMAN in your Stillman plan!
http://www.nytimes.com/.../what-if-i...g-fat-lie.html
CC: I clicked on the link and got a "page no longer available message." It said articles expire in 7 days. Any other way I can read it?
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #813
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

(on P. 23 now)

Power, CL doesn't do me any harm but I dilute one third the little tub to 1/2 gal. H2O. Chicken broth is okay if it is low or no salt so make your own.

Peeps. lemon pepper is your new best friend. You will never need salt again!

Shen, I've read a lot on the boards and the Walsen stuff is pretty much as far as the popular opinions go. 'Sides, you can make your own from Linda Sue's recipe site!

Mim-'I really believe that our eating affects our whole life. At least it does for me.' Sooo true for me too!

IM-I worked with a gentleman who grew up with ear problems and wound up with hearing aids in both ears as an adult. When his sons began showing signs of the same road and was getting chronic ear infections, he would put pure rubbing alcohol drops in the ear. It burned like hell for a minute (killing the infection) and then it was gone for good. No antibiotics, instant relief.

Al='I can actually say I prefer cheese over chocolate..' yeah babe, show me the cheez anytime...keep the choc.Weekends are my off plan daze cuz I'm on the road all day stimulating the economy (shopping) so
Sat-egg+egg white omelet w/ FF american and two strios bacon, 1 c. chicken salad, brown rice (slower carb) tuna roll sushi (6)
Today 3 links turkey bfast sausage, one egg, greek salad, Ranier (white) cherries w/Splanda and G yogurt

Raniers are a short season treat and they were only 3.99/lb. instead of the usual 6.99/lb. so I got 'em.

An old saying I read on these boards awhile back-"You know you are on Stillman's when a cheat is a salad!"

Last edited by CCGirl; 07-11-2010 at 05:58 PM..
Old 07-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #814
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

link to the article-

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/07/07/ma...g-fat-lie.html

Last edited by CCGirl; 07-11-2010 at 06:00 PM..
Old 07-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #815
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

p. 24

Sharon, isn't it amazing when we get control of the weight we start to get control of the other thngs that have been 'weighing' around! Your daughter said it perfectly in a nice, hopeful, go Mom way! To Australia thin, GO!

IM'Nothing and I do mean nothing. .tastes good enough to give up the feeling of empowerment!" AMEN

Gidge-stay strong!

Go Mim! I can see it now-your whole house is losing weight!

WTG Gwn! Isn't it great to just put jeans on without having to do the straining, jumping and gasping! And then when they're stretched out trying to save them to wear another day! My size 9's are slipping on 0like0 (kitten alert) like old friends instead of laughing at me like mean girls.........and now all my size XL tops look like potato sacks.....it sucks, they're all DKNY and Calvin Klein.....wah!

Last edited by CCGirl; 07-11-2010 at 06:26 PM..
Old 07-11-2010, 06:37 PM   #816
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I just have to say. . I survived the corn fest tonight. . Fair food all around. .elephant ears. .tubs of french fries and vinegar (my weakness) .. popcorn. .you name it .. I smelled it. but that's all I Did. . so I wanna pat myself on the back. OK so I did have one thing. I ended up having a cocktail! figured it was better than an eating binge. . I suppose I'll pee it out anyway. . I feel like a winner either way. .2 years ago I would have eaten my way through the midway ..

and. .the funny thing is . .I was actually feeling sorry for all the chubby people that didn't know "our secret". . Don't you sometimes feel like you have a secret that others haven't figured out yet. . Carbs are evil and cause you to be fat, fat, fat. . ???
Yay girl! YOU ROCK!

It's not funny...when I see the Walmartians that are huge with all those healthy carbs in their carts I want to cry........
Old 07-11-2010, 09:24 PM   #817
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Al: I know you are on a date night, but this if for you.....and all of us:

Meat, meat!! Our favorite treat!

The more we lose the more we eat!

The more we eat the more we lose!

So every meal it's meat we choose!

Ha!

Just had the filet mignon for dinner and it was heaven!! Yum-Ho!!!

I had a great 100% QWL day!
Old 07-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #818
Blabbermouth!!!

Nitey-Nite, All my LCF's!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #819
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/163/160 5'5"
Yes! Yes! Yes!! I love this!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Hey Al: I know you are on a date night, but this if for you.....and all of us:

Meat, meat!! Our favorite treat!

The more we lose the more we eat!

The more we eat the more we lose!

So every meal it's meat we choose!

Ha!

Just had the filet mignon for dinner and it was heaven!! Yum-Ho!!!

I had a great 100% QWL day!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:01 AM   #820
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shenue
Stats: 280/216/150
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat/Moderate Calories
Good morning all...

Some very inspiring stats posted this weekend! Congrats to you gals for all your progress...WOW.

What is the "CL" some of you have spoken about...a drink I believe...but what?
shenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:31 AM   #821
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenue View Post
Good morning all...

Some very inspiring stats posted this weekend! Congrats to you gals for all your progress...WOW.

What is the "CL" some of you have spoken about...a drink I believe...but what?
Hi Shenue - CL is "Crystal Light". Lots of people on here add it to their water. Some people have no problem losing when they drink CL, others find that the artificial sweetener stall them.
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:51 AM   #822
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Should have said that's on pp 174 from "Women, Food, and God."

One more and then I'm done for now:

...if you force and deprive and shame yourself into being thin, you end up a deprived, shamed, fearful person who will also be thin for ten minutes.

That one (page 79) in the context of what she was talking about really got to me because when I was younger, especially in my 20's & 30's, the way I stayed thin was to shame myself, feel guilty and practice lots of self-loathing. That would force me to lose the extra 3 pounds I was carrying around.

I'm soooooooo over that formula!!!! Yes, I definitely want to reach my goal weight. But it's because I want to be healthy and strong and continue to go down the slide with my grandies @ the park or fit onto the roller coaster with them @ Disneyland!!! Among other things....lol.

Stillman is part of my joy in the journey of achieving my goals. It's not deprivation. It's freedom and the road to freedom.

Enough sermonizing!!!!! Ah, don't get me started...huh??
Yam. .I think I need to dust my copy off and start reading it again. My co-worker bought the book and thought exactly what you did. .she was very disappointed and almost threw it away because of some of the language, etc. . She gave it to me and I haven't gotten past page 1. Moreso because I just can't find the time but from the few snippets you posted, maybe I need to. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:00 AM   #823
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, peeps. .now that I'm all caught up on the posts. . I don't have time to post anything. gotta work!! Stupid work. . keeps getting in the way of my LC - friending. .TTYL
Old 07-12-2010, 08:49 AM   #824
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Good morning, peeps. .now that I'm all caught up on the posts. . I don't have time to post anything. gotta work!! Stupid work. . keeps getting in the way of my LC - friending. .TTYL
Old 07-12-2010, 08:57 AM   #825
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yam. .I think I need to dust my copy off and start reading it again. My co-worker bought the book and thought exactly what you did. .she was very disappointed and almost threw it away because of some of the language, etc. . She gave it to me and I haven't gotten past page 1. Moreso because I just can't find the time but from the few snippets you posted, maybe I need to. .
IM2: Yeah, I know what she means. I'm not a big fan of cursing and think when I buy a book where it's included that a certain amount of my $$ has been wasted on "air, taking up space for no good reason".

Every time I read any book, I do it with an open mind but also a sensible, intelligent mind. I don't buy her whole "Permitter/Restictor" theory and think it's a little convoluted and stretching things a bit.

She says there are 2 kinds of people: You are either a Permitter or a Restricter. Then ends up saying you really can't catagorize human beings. Again, there are some OK points and phrases and stuff to think about, but that part just did not hit home with me.

I like the guy who said: "There are 2 kinds of people: Those who think there are 2 kinds of people and those who don't".

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 07-12-2010, 09:01 AM   #826
Blabbermouth!!!

OK, my Friends!! I am up and at 'em and full of energy. Ready to dive in to some serious muscle building today.

I have a question:

On average, how long do you think it takes for ketosis to start when we follow Stillman?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:02 AM   #827
Blabbermouth!!!

CC: thanks for posting the link to the article. I've read about half of it and really enjoying it. It makes sense!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #828
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SillyErin
Stats: 198/139/127
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: 5/16/12
Hey everybody -

I wanted to see if I could join you guys....I need to get in shape for a wedding Im going to in August.

Ive been doing pretty well the past 6 months...but ive experienced the dreaded "carb creep" so now everythings tight on me

I only wanna take off 10 pounds, which wont take me long
SillyErin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #829
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyErin View Post
Hey everybody -

I wanted to see if I could join you guys....I need to get in shape for a wedding Im going to in August.

Ive been doing pretty well the past 6 months...but ive experienced the dreaded "carb creep" so now everythings tight on me

Of course you can join us! We are a chatty bunch and you will feel at home here.

Wow! You lost a lot of weight. Did you do it all the LC WOE? Have you done Stillman's QWL before? Inquiring minds want to know. lol.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:41 AM   #830
Blabbermouth!!!

OK Peeps, I am off to conquer the day. BBL.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:57 AM   #831
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, YamGlam, it really is so worth the read. The thought that our nationwide obesity epidemic was perpetuated on us by a bunch of businessmen back in the 's really blows me away.thank you again big government.

IM U R 2 funny!!!!!!!

Erin, welcome aboard and do tell us about your awesome loss.....and be careful of that electric broom, they fly fast!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #832
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Hi Peeps

So... why are salads so evil? Seriously.... They make me bloated and gain weight. Stats were at 160 today and the only thing that's changed is that I've been eating salads. Oh, and I've been eating later than usual... Last two nights, I had dinner after 9pm. Oops. So.... No salads for me this week! Back to just meat and not eating so late!

SillyErin 10lbs will be a breeze on Stillman's!
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:37 AM   #833
Senior LCF Member

Im not new to the Stillmans boards - I know aleriaaa and some of the other girls. I lost most of my weight with Low-carb and my last 20 (the really stubborn ones) with Stillmans. Its the only diet I do when Im training for marathons cause the running puts on the pounds (must be the appetite).

I love Stillmans, Im really strict during the week then go off plan on Sunday. I get the best results that way. I like to do Stillmans very plain, no additions. I like to take all the emotion out of eating while doing it - you know, just eat to feed the body. Im such an emotional eater that if I add in the cheese and cottage cheese and dips (like ketchup and mustard) I'll overeat out of eating for fun. So I have my fun day on Sunday.

So I just eat MEAT, meat and meat. Im telling you, the weight flys off when I do it this way compared to adding in all the other stuff like cheese, eggs, sugar free soda, mustard,etc. But some people cant do it without it - which I understand.

I dont even know how I do it - Im getting to the point where a plain turkey burger patty off the ole george foreman is absolutely the nastiest! But I eat it and Im full - and I dont want anything else.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #834
Senior LCF Member

Gwn - about the salads: One thing Ive learned (The Thyroid diet bok) is that people are either fat, carb, or calorie sensitive...and sometimes a combination of two. I know with me, Im VERY carb sensitive and calorie sensitive as well. I have to cut my carbs down to NOTHING to lose like I want to.

Youre probably experiencing water regain from the salad if youve been on Stillmans a while, and maybe some salt retention from whatever else was on it. I ate lean protein and salads (with no other veggies on it besides the lettuce mix) for like 2 weeks and lost barely anything. And I was using wishbone dressing spritzer. Im talkin a plain peice of chicken and a bowl of plain salad - and nothing. As soon as I kicked out the salad, I was losing 1 pound every 2 days....as soon as I kicked out the Crystal light and mustard (which, yes, has carbs) then I was losing way too fast!

So your body can be EXTREMELY carb sensitive...and as soon as you get 0 carb, your body will be able to burn fat.

PS - Ive heard people say the late night eating really is OK and has nothing to do with weight gain - its your overall calories for the day that count - I'd eat at 9 or 10pm when I was losing really well

Last edited by SillyErin; 07-12-2010 at 10:50 AM..
Old 07-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #835
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Back, .Silly. I was just thinking about you the other day for some reason. Must be good vibes moving about. . I know you know the routine so jump on. . we are still here to help!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #836
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OK, my Friends!! I am up and at 'em and full of energy. Ready to dive in to some serious muscle building today.

I have a question:

On average, how long do you think it takes for ketosis to start when we follow Stillman?
Yam - It usually takes me 3 days for ketosis to start BUT, about a month ago I experimented with a higher fat and higher calorie week (experiment FAILED) and it took me 5 days to get back into ketosis
Old 07-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #837
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gals! How are we forecasting our week? Eventful. . successful. .Rockin? What is your game plan? Mine. .stay on plan and lose 3 pounds! Enough said. .
Old 07-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #838
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Gals! How are we forecasting our week? Eventful. . successful. .Rockin? What is your game plan? Mine. .stay on plan and lose 3 pounds! Enough said. .

Hi IM - My plan this week is to NOT stress (MIL coming for a visit!), to stay on plan, get 3 days of Curves exercise in and lose 2 pounds

Is everyone remembering to take their vitamins??? Miinerals??? Drink enough water ?
Old 07-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #839
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyErin View Post
Hey everybody -

Erin. 10 pounds or 100 - we love to chat with everyone.

I wish I had been more vigilant about the "carb creep" - I wouldn't have so much to lose now.....
Old 07-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #840
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Did someone get the license of the truck that ran me over? Ugggggg. I started throwing up last night and had to call dd when the girls woke up this morning 'cause I was still at it. I think that part is over, but I'm weak and have a splitting headache. DD gave me one of her anti-nausea pills (she stays nauseated throughout her pregnancy) and I went back to bed after carrying the baby downstairs for her. Then I napped a bit when they went down for naps. I have had an apple today. Have eaten small amounts of it all day. It is what my body wants. Probably because when I was a little girl my mom would scrape apple for me when I would get sick. Anyway, I doubt it will do much harm as that is all I've managed to eat. I just now was able to take something for the headache and it seems to be staying down, so I must be on the mend! I'll catch up on posts later. Just passing through to get lots of sympathy! : )
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote