Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 12:17 PM   #781
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Because I felt so darn crappy last night, I couldnt bring myself to go see Eclipse (and my Edward and my Jacob) in a bad mood. Hubby is such a good sport and if Im up to it, we will try again tonight...I hope he doesnt try to convince me to see Predator or that weirdo Nic Cage flick..

So to keep me busy and fulfill my vampire fixation, I just finished up a book from the House of Night Series. More tween vampire drama... I love it. Sometimes I wish I could act my age and read and enjoy some intellectual literature, but thats just not me... I will however be ordering the Sookie Stackhouse books (True Blood)... those should be a bit more mature..:blush: but far from intellectual...

oh well!

off to re-read breaking dawn.... (the 4th installment of the Twilight series)

sorry to bore with all my tidbits..hope everyone is enjoying their awesome Sunday while me and Gwn are slaving away at work!!!

Yous!!!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 07-11-2010 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: nicolas cage is not a weirdo. I am a fan, but not of that weirdo movie! hahaha
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #782
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
I stayed true to strict Stillmans yesterday! So today will make day 2!! It was smooth sailing til around 9 PM last night. I got so tired (body felt like lead) and sooooooooo cranky and all I wanted was ice cream to make me feel better. I fought the evil and went to bed. Boy, did I feel good about myself when I woke up this morning!! I have a carb detox headache today and Im still a little cranky, but I know I'll be golden another day or two from now!
Way to go Al

I am right there with you (the cranky with a headache part) - I realized I had been drinking way too much caffeinated coffee the past few days - so yesterday was decaf and I am paying the price today.

I am hungry today which is unusual for me. I am going to go have some turkey soup and see if that takes the edge off........
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #783
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Because I felt so darn crappy last night, I couldnt bring myself to go see Eclipse (and my Edward and my Jacob) in a bad mood. Hubby is such a good sport and if Im up to it, we will try again tonight...I hope he doesnt try to convince me to see Predator or that weirdo Nic Cage flick..

So to keep me busy and fulfill my vampire fixation, I just finished up a book from the House of Night Series. More tween vampire drama... I love it. Sometimes I wish I could act my age and read and enjoy some intellectual literature, but thats just not me... I will however be ordering the Sookie Stackhouse books (True Blood)... those should be a bit more mature..:blush: but far from intellectual...

oh well!

off to re-read breaking dawn.... (the 4th installment of the Twilight series)

sorry to bore with all my tidbits..hope everyone is enjoying their awesome Sunday while me and Gwn are slaving away at work!!!

Yous!!!
Who says we have to act our age in our tastes?? I won't apologize for loving the Disney classics, either. I read all the Twilight stuff (have a 17yo DD) but she won't go with me to the last movie cuz she says the others ruined the books! She's a purist, and griped through all the Harry Potter movies, which she then bought and re-watches. Maybe she just doesn't want to go with her old Mom! So I need to find a girl buddy to go with because DH is NOT a good sport! Not with theater prices the way they are! Last time we went it was Toy Story 3, which I don't apologize about, either.

Whether it says something about my intelligence level or not, I will continue to read adolescent novels and watch teen movies! We are not alone, either! Well, I am. All my friends went already when Eclipse came out.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #784
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Keep it up girl!! The scale is going to move down down down like you won't believe! Or maybe you will What part of PA will you be in?
Gwn: You certainly know what you are talking about and I believe you!

I sleep really well when I'm following Stillman's and also exercising.

It's about 80 miles east of Pittsburgh for the family reunion. So, we will fly into Pittsburgh and rent a car.

I'm actually believing that I can lose 5 pounds per week for 3 weeks. What do you think? Do send me good vibes and good thoughts and rub some of your successful mo-jo off on me, OK?

Today is a great start! So far, just one egg to pump me up before working out. I've had one quart of water and 2 quarts of iced green tea.

I worked out on the elliptical for 60 minutes @ THR (rockin; out w/ my new mini, clip-on, hot pink iPod DD got me for my birthday! My DIL loaded it up w/ music for my workouts to keep me goin'!). After the ellip I did a 45 minute workout tape.

Honestly I have enough energy left to do the Strong Woman workout, but don't have time right now. Maybe I'll get motivated later in the day.

Patting myself on the back though because it's Sunday and that's usually my laziest day of the week! I'm telling myself that this is a headstart to an awesome QWL week. DH is going to grill the filet mignon outside and I'm gonna make him some corn-on-cob to go with it and salad, but I'm sticking with the meat and a little cottage cheese on the side. Pure Stillman!

Maybe I will wait one more day to step on the scale, which means Tuesday, if I can resist it's magnetic pull...that way there is more of a chance to see a whoosh and wouldn't that be some motivation? It will also keep me from cheating tomorrow!!!

I am in better shape than I thought. I did not die.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #785
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
It's about 80 miles east of Pittsburgh for the family reunion. So, we will fly into Pittsburgh and rent a car.

I'm actually believing that I can lose 5 pounds per week for 3 weeks. What do you think? Do send me good vibes and good thoughts and rub some of your successful mo-jo off on me, OK?

Today is a great start! So far, just one egg to pump me up before working out. I've had one quart of water and 2 quarts of iced green tea.

I worked out on the elliptical for 60 minutes @ THR (rockin; out w/ my new mini, clip-on, hot pink iPod DD got me for my birthday! My DIL loaded it up w/ music for my workouts to keep me goin'!). After the ellip I did a 45 minute workout tape.

Honestly I have enough energy left to do the Strong Woman workout, but don't have time right now. Maybe I'll get motivated later in the day.

Patting myself on the back though because it's Sunday and that's usually my laziest day of the week! I'm telling myself that this is a headstart to an awesome QWL week. DH is going to grill the filet mignon outside and I'm gonna make him some corn-on-cob to go with it and salad, but I'm sticking with the meat and a little cottage cheese on the side. Pure Stillman!

Maybe I will wait one more day to step on the scale, which means Tuesday, if I can resist it's magnetic pull...that way there is more of a chance to see a whoosh and wouldn't that be some motivation? It will also keep me from cheating tomorrow!!!

I am in better shape than I thought. I did not die.
Go Yam!

I live about 50 miles east of Pittsburgh! Drop in and see me!

I've start the book. You are right - lots of things to think about. I've just finished chapter 1. I may do a chapter every couple of days and let it sink in. I'm anxious to talk about it!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:32 PM   #786
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

DD did not feel feel well so sil made bison burgers. Much easier to stay on plan!
Old 07-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #787
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Go Yam!

I live about 50 miles east of Pittsburgh! Drop in and see me!

I've start the book. You are right - lots of things to think about. I've just finished chapter 1. I may do a chapter every couple of days and let it sink in. I'm anxious to talk about it!
Mim: How cool!!! Maybe you were right...we ARE related! We are gonna be on a tight schedule because of DH's work schedule, but wouldn't that be extremely awesome if we could actually meet each other??

What town/city are you near? We are heading to Gallitzin (ever hear of that?) It's where I was born and raised. Cresson, Lily, Altoona, Johnstown...any of those ring a bell? Have you always lived in PA??

About the book: I did finish it. Finally. Needed to read it slowly and chew on it. One day last week I did my daily devotions in the morning and then read a couple of chapters of that book. I ended up feeling incredibly depressed for a few hours. Was really on a high after reading the Bible and then really low after highlighting some of the stuff in the book, identifying with it too much, and thinking what a loser I am!!!!

Then, when I got to the end of the book and (maybe I shouldn't tell you this...like giving away the ending of a movie or something, but not really)... I was totally bummed when she says something about how we look and search for god only to find out that we are god. Or god is us or something like that.

I almost walked over and put the book in the trash. But then I went back and looked at stuff I high-lighted and underlined and thought, no, there is so much good stuff in there and I know it helped me. I believe that all truth comes from the Source of All Wisdom and that all lies come from the Enemy of our souls!!! And, in the OT, God spoke through all kinds of people and even through a donkey once!!! If He can speak truth through animals and pagans, He can speak through anyone. Even someone who is still on a journey.

This probably stopped making sense several paragraphs ago!!!

Anyway, I'm going to share a few quotes that I thought were meaningful here on the LCF board sometime. Gonna keep them short. But I feel some things Geneen says are profound and very helpful. I just do not believe that I am God. If I was, I would zapp my excess poundage off in a nano-second!! And then, of course, achieve world peace and obliterate world hunger and poverty....and make everyone rich.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #788
Blabbermouth!!!

OK, here is one of my favorites:

It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale. We are unrepeatable beings of light and space and water who need these physical vehicles to get around. When we start defining ourselves by that which can be measured or weighed, something deep within us rebels.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #789
Blabbermouth!!!

Should have said that's on pp 174 from "Women, Food, and God."

One more and then I'm done for now:

...if you force and deprive and shame yourself into being thin, you end up a deprived, shamed, fearful person who will also be thin for ten minutes.

That one (page 79) in the context of what she was talking about really got to me because when I was younger, especially in my 20's & 30's, the way I stayed thin was to shame myself, feel guilty and practice lots of self-loathing. That would force me to lose the extra 3 pounds I was carrying around.

I'm soooooooo over that formula!!!! Yes, I definitely want to reach my goal weight. But it's because I want to be healthy and strong and continue to go down the slide with my grandies @ the park or fit onto the roller coaster with them @ Disneyland!!! Among other things....lol.

Stillman is part of my joy in the journey of achieving my goals. It's not deprivation. It's freedom and the road to freedom.

Enough sermonizing!!!!! Ah, don't get me started...huh??
Old 07-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #790
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mim: How cool!!! Maybe you were right...we ARE related! We are gonna be on a tight schedule because of DH's work schedule, but wouldn't that be extremely awesome if we could actually meet each other??

What town/city are you near? We are heading to Gallitzin (ever hear of that?) It's where I was born and raised. Cresson, Lily, Altoona, Johnstown...any of those ring a bell? Have you always lived in PA??

About the book: I did finish it. Finally. Needed to read it slowly and chew on it. One day last week I did my daily devotions in the morning and then read a couple of chapters of that book. I ended up feeling incredibly depressed for a few hours. Was really on a high after reading the Bible and then really low after highlighting some of the stuff in the book, identifying with it too much, and thinking what a loser I am!!!!

Then, when I got to the end of the book and (maybe I shouldn't tell you this...like giving away the ending of a movie or something, but not really)... I was totally bummed when she says something about how we look and search for god only to find out that we are god. Or god is us or something like that.

I almost walked over and put the book in the trash. But then I went back and looked at stuff I high-lighted and underlined and thought, no, there is so much good stuff in there and I know it helped me. I believe that all truth comes from the Source of All Wisdom and that all lies come from the Enemy of our souls!!! And, in the OT, God spoke through all kinds of people and even through a donkey once!!! If He can speak truth through animals and pagans, He can speak through anyone. Even someone who is still on a journey.

This probably stopped making sense several paragraphs ago!!!

Anyway, I'm going to share a few quotes that I thought were meaningful here on the LCF board sometime. Gonna keep them short. But I feel some things Geneen says are profound and very helpful. I just do not believe that I am God. If I was, I would zapp my excess poundage off in a nano-second!! And then, of course, achieve world peace and obliterate world hunger and poverty....and make everyone rich.
I lived in Cresson and served a church there and in Patton!
Old 07-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #791
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Kam! Are you celebrating the World Cup Victory?
Old 07-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #792
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

My grandies have been crying since they woke up from their naps! I'll be back later.........
Old 07-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #793
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps!! So many pages!! Just read them!!
Al--Sorry your work Sundays have started already--big bummer.
Sharon--congrats on the loss---yay you!!!
Im2--your willpower is seriously amazing!! Mine broke today and I had a scoop of Nutella ice-cream---bold me!!
Everyone else hi!!!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #794
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I lived in Cresson and served a church there and in Patton!
Small, small world!! How unreal. I attended high school in Ebensburgh. I know Cresson well.

I'm sure I'll be through there a dozen times while in the area.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #795
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
I read all the Twilight stuff (have a 17yo DD) but she won't go with me to the last movie cuz she says the others ruined the books!
The books are always better, Id have to aggree but the movies rock! I just think they fall short because they wern't able to make them 4 hours long. I sure hope she changes her mind and goes with ya, but this is one flick I would have no problem going alone too! (then hubby wouldnt have to watch me drool - ha!)
Old 07-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #796
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
DD did not feel feel well so sil made bison burgers. Much easier to stay on plan!
what does bison taste like?
Old 07-11-2010, 04:37 PM   #797
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Im2--your willpower is seriously amazing!! Mine broke today and I had a scoop of Nutella ice-cream---bold me!!
Everyone else hi!!!
BUT the greatness in this is you only had a scoop! Im doing dinner out tonight...I see prime rib in my future if they have it!! but no dessert!!
Old 07-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #798
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I am predicting 7-8 pounds for you in the first week and 3-4 pounds each week after that. Throw in the exercise and you are golden. Prove our results wrong and the good doc right! He said we could lose 5!!!!

ready...set..catch the vibes!!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 04:48 PM   #799
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I am predicting 7-8 pounds for you in the first week and 3-4 pounds each week after that. Throw in the exercise and you are golden. Prove our results wrong and the good doc right! He said we could lose 5!!!!

ready...set..catch the vibes!!!!
Thanks, Al!!! I got out my vibe-catching net! (sort of like a butterfly net, tee-hee!) I'm gonna store them up!!

Wow, if I could knock off 7-8 pounds this week, I would dance a jig. That would put me a breath away from Onederland. If that thought does not motivate me, I don't know what will!

So, here goes....my goal is to lose 15 pounds in 3 weeks!!! Yikes! I actually said it out loud!!! 195 here I come!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 04:48 PM   #800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Hey CC- So nice to see you! I enjoyed your pics!! Your Dads bike rocks!!! and the addition looks great!! You are one superwoman!!
Thanks, Al, 'bout time you showed up!

Not really-I'm a slacker because I have SIX pages to catch up on! Was working on the eave soffit today with the DBF...free slave labor...I love it, my mower's broke (again) so I need the excersize!
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #801
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Love the new avi, Al. Bahahahaha.

Peeps... I think I am still experiencing the die-off effects.... Ugh. Last few days, I've been experiencing nausea and diarrhea. The heat on top of this is no fun either. I hope this passes soon... It'll be a week tomorrow. Just haven't had too much of an appetite lately, when I do eat, I feel nauseous and yea. I know it'll be worth it, if I can get through it... and getting through it is my only option so I'll shut up about it now

Even though my BMI is still "overweight" and I carry extra weight in my butt/thighs but my double chin is definitely gone. It's not a very good picture, I was frowning from being blinded by the flash but here it is. I am just in awe that I actually have a jaw line, no double chin, collar bones. Eek! It's like looking at someone, who isn't ME! It's not a great photo, but i'll post it as my new avi.
OMG Gwn your bone structure is gorgeous! Welcome to the new skinny you!

I know how you feel-I keep looking in the mirror and wondering who stole my a$$
Old 07-11-2010, 04:59 PM   #802
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
what does bison taste like?
just like chicken!

Actually, kinda hard to describe. it is more dense than ground beef and had a bit of tang to it. Hard to describe. This was the first time I had it though and I would eat it again.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #803
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi peeps!! So many pages!! Just read them!!
Al--Sorry your work Sundays have started already--big bummer.
Sharon--congrats on the loss---yay you!!!
Everyone else hi!!!
Actually, I think that showed great willpower! Only one scoop? Way to go!
Old 07-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #804
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
Thanks, Al, 'bout time you showed up!

Not really-I'm a slacker because I have SIX pages to catch up on! Was working on the eave soffit today with the DBF...free slave labor...I love it, my mower's broke (again) so I need the excersize!
CC

too cool that you even know what an eave soffit is.. Im stumped!
Old 07-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #805
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
just like chicken!

Actually, kinda hard to describe. it is more dense than ground beef and had a bit of tang to it. Hard to describe. This was the first time I had it though and I would eat it again.
I would have considered it at the chicken part, but tangy...I'll have to pass!
Old 07-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #806
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Actually, I think that showed great willpower! Only one scoop? Way to go!
does this mean its ok if I have one scoop? please say yes..
Old 07-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #807
Blabbermouth!!!

OK..no one responded so I can take a hint. I will stay on plan tonight cause that was the original plan when I woke up this morning.

New rule: no planned cheats half-way through the day. They have to be made in a 24 hour advance notice and must be approved by the board!

Gotta run! Off to date night!!
Old 07-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #808
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
does this mean its ok if I have one scoop? please say yes..
yes you may have 1 scoop - ogf ground beef!
Old 07-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #809
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
yes you may have 1 scoop - ogf ground beef!
thanks mim!!! I'm gonna remember that!
Old 07-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #810
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG MMS!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Rae and Adi, welcome back Power! Just do it girls, soon you will be bony butts like Gwn, Al and GT! You will never regret this plan! Like seriously, I CAN LOSE WEIGHT!

And a reminder, if you have not read this article, it will change your life and put the WOMAN in your Stillman plan!
http://www.nytimes.com/.../what-if-i...g-fat-lie.html