Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #751
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I just have to say. . I survived the corn fest tonight. . Fair food all around. .elephant ears. .tubs of french fries and vinegar (my weakness) .. popcorn. .you name it .. I smelled it. but that's all I Did. . so I wanna pat myself on the back. OK so I did have one thing. I ended up having a cocktail! figured it was better than an eating binge. . I suppose I'll pee it out anyway. . I feel like a winner either way. .2 years ago I would have eaten my way through the midway ..

and. .the funny thing is . .I was actually feeling sorry for all the chubby people that didn't know "our secret". . Don't you sometimes feel like you have a secret that others haven't figured out yet. . Carbs are evil and cause you to be fat, fat, fat. . ???
You ROCK!! Seriously. I love how you managed it, with your "secret" all to yourself among the chubbys. They might as well be gluing all that stuff to their thighs, that's where it will end up. WTG!!!!!
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #752
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Sorry you are so tired GT! I'm not a morning person. My company booked my flight at 6am the week after next, so I will have to get up in the middle of the night to make it!

Mim, sounds like you had a really productive day --- I'm a little jealous because DD was at camp all week and I intended to clean up the whole house, but it didn't happen.

Becky, 16 pounds is great!!! You will fit into those size 16's soon. I had to make it into the 160's to fit into 16, because I'm so short. That's really bad because the bigger sizes never fit me right. I even took pictures in the dressing room at Ross!! How pitiful is that! Then I looked at them at home and I still look fat, but not as much as before.

Gidge, I don't know if you are old enough to remember Good Humor Dreamsicles, but that concoction tastes just like it!! I have used it as a cheat-buster quite a few times. Keeping it as an ace in the hole, so to speak, to use in emergencies. I bet this crowd has other "special occasion" treats? C'mon, spill!
Old 07-11-2010, 04:59 AM   #753
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I am quite tired this morning - ketosis. As i was lying in bed unable to fall asleep I was thinking that next time I get back on the wagon I will do it on a Sunday so that the few days of not being able to fall asleep when I'm in ketosis won't happen on a Saturday night. And then I thought - hey! I'm not going to need that plan 'cause I'm not going to get lost in fog hell again. Sure, I'll fall off the wagon, but I will get right back on. No more of this punishment for me!

I'm going to Cracker Barrell for lunch. That is an easy place to stay low carb as they have a low carb section on their menu. I will have their low carb breakfast. It is not low fat, but it is a good choice under the circumstances!

I'm stiff and sore from all the carting and moving things around, but it really felt good this morning to walk past the spare room and the sewing/exercise room and see it coming together. I will sneak in a bit of work when I can this week. The grandbabies will be back this evening!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:02 AM   #754
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Wow! This has been a chatty group today! I've enjoyed reading everyone's experiences...I'm sorry I'm not good at responding to each person.

I don't expect anyone to respond to mine...I'm just checking in...

I've lost 16 pounds...I'm thrilled about that...I went to Steinmart today thinking I'd get a new outfit...but nothing fit...size 16's were WAY too tight...so it made me realize I have a long way to go and I've got to stay with this!

At least I'm not where I was a month ago!!!!
Congratulations! I know it is disappointing when our loss doesn't get us into a desired size, but just think - if you can get into a 16 to know they are way too tight, it won't be long before you breeze right past that size! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-11-2010, 05:06 AM   #755
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I just have to say. . I survived the corn fest tonight. . Fair food all around. .elephant ears. .tubs of french fries and vinegar (my weakness) .. popcorn. .you name it .. I smelled it. but that's all I Did. . so I wanna pat myself on the back. OK so I did have one thing. I ended up having a cocktail! figured it was better than an eating binge. . I suppose I'll pee it out anyway. . I feel like a winner either way. .2 years ago I would have eaten my way through the midway ..

and. .the funny thing is . .I was actually feeling sorry for all the chubby people that didn't know "our secret". . Don't you sometimes feel like you have a secret that others haven't figured out yet. . Carbs are evil and cause you to be fat, fat, fat. . ???
Way to go, strong woman! And a celebratory coctail was indeed in order!

I do feel like I have a secret. And when I start feeling bad about my size when I'm with others I remember my secret. I am doing something about my size! Shhhhhhh don't tell anyone that I am on my way to being healthy!
Old 07-11-2010, 05:27 AM   #756
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Quote:

IM - I am really proud of you for resisting! I love corn (in all its different ways!) I'm not sure I would have been so good

and yes, I do feel like I have a secret. Sometimes I wish I had cards printed with the Stillman "rules" that I could pass out. But then, I wouldn't be the type of person to push that info unless asked (and several of my friends have asked - but do I see them on here???? noooo)
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:32 AM   #757
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I am quite tired this morning - ketosis. As i was lying in bed unable to fall asleep I was thinking that next time I get back on the wagon I will do it on a Sunday so that the few days of not being able to fall asleep when I'm in ketosis won't happen on a Saturday night. And then I thought - hey! I'm not going to need that plan 'cause I'm not going to get lost in fog hell again. Sure, I'll fall off the wagon, but I will get right back on. No more of this punishment for me!

I'm going to Cracker Barrell for lunch. That is an easy place to stay low carb as they have a low carb section on their menu. I will have their low carb breakfast. It is not low fat, but it is a good choice under the circumstances!

I'm stiff and sore from all the carting and moving things around, but it really felt good this morning to walk past the spare room and the sewing/exercise room and see it coming together. I will sneak in a bit of work when I can this week. The grandbabies will be back this evening!
Good morning Mim! I also have trouble falling asleep at times on Stillman's, I just try and think of it as excess fat being burned

I love the ribeye at Cracker Barrel - yum!! I am no longer tempted by their pancakes, biscuits etc.

Enjoy those cleaner rooms (I am still working on mine!) and those grandbabies.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:34 AM   #758
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Becky, 16 pounds is great!!! You will fit into those size 16's soon. I had to make it into the 160's to fit into 16, because I'm so short. That's really bad because the bigger sizes never fit me right. I even took pictures in the dressing room at Ross!! How pitiful is that! Then I looked at them at home and I still look fat, but not as much as before.

Gidge, I don't know if you are old enough to remember Good Humor Dreamsicles, but that concoction tastes just like it!! I have used it as a cheat-buster quite a few times. Keeping it as an ace in the hole, so to speak, to use in emergencies. I bet this crowd has other "special occasion" treats? C'mon, spill!
Small - I am also short and it takes me a while to get into 16's as well

I remember Good Humor Dreamsicles - YUM!!! I am going to keep your recipe in my "treat" file - Thanks!
Old 07-11-2010, 05:37 AM   #759
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Just watched it too!!! She dares to be different and does her own thing. I love the shock factor! Her performances are always very entertaining and for once I don't think she was wearing a wig! Now if I could just pull off those heels in a rain storm.... I think I may be going to see her this fall!! Wont get my hopes up but I ran into someone with tickets that is thinking about giving them up. Why cant they make a decision already!?!? Dont leave a girl hangin!
Al - My invitation to take a mini vacation to Georgia to see her next Spring is still open

We can rock our "skinny" pink rocker gear together
Old 07-11-2010, 05:40 AM   #760
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerless View Post
Just checking in.

Thanks to everyone for all the support and the pep talks.
Power (I like this name better ) I am so glad you are back! You are a Stillman's Woman - we can hear you ROAR!!!

Keep posting and checking in - This group really DOES help me stay on track.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:45 AM   #761
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
With Mum here I've been eating salads and tuna, chicken and some (that should prob reallly read-a lot!!) strawberries (yuuuuum!) but even tho I know that's the 14day plan-I think-and that will probably have to be maintainance, I still prefer the complete control that goes with QWL.
Ok peeps, I'm falling asleep-and I've been getting up at 5:30 to exercise-it's the only time I have--and again it's the control thing--when I've it done I feel good and can relax!! (I'm just weird, I know!!) BBL
GT - I am with you about the control we have on QWL! No thinking involved (which is a GOOD thing for me )

Way to go on the exercise I need to tell the world that I am taking an hour for ME 3 days a week - so leave a message, I will get back to you
Old 07-11-2010, 05:50 AM   #762
Senior LCF Member

The Whoosh Fairy was a day late with her Stillmansversary to me but she came last night and took 2 pounds with her (and this was AFTER I had Prime Rib for dinner )

So at 4 months and 1 day I have lost 51 pounds. Stillman's ROCKS!! And my Stillman's sisters........I could NOT have done this without your support!

Now - my next mini goal is to be in ONDERLAND by the end of July!
Old 07-11-2010, 07:01 AM   #763
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
I am so proud of you, Sharon! I just knew you coul do it. . You have so much to celebrate. 51 big ones!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:31 AM   #764
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Congratulations swebb. That is quite an accomplishment and well deserved by all of your hard work.
I have not been here long enough to have everyone straight yet in my mind so bear with me.
I finished my first week with a 7.6 pound loss. I really had my heart set on 8 pounds but today is the start of a new week and I am 7.6 pounds closer to my goat. 28.4 more pounds to go. I have finished breakfast and have to go milk and feed the babies. (I raise dairy goats as a hobby)
Hope everyone has a great day.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #765
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Congratulations swebb. That is quite an accomplishment and well deserved by all of your hard work.
I have not been here long enough to have everyone straight yet in my mind so bear with me.
I finished my first week with a 7.6 pound loss. I really had my heart set on 8 pounds but today is the start of a new week and I am 7.6 pounds closer to my goat. 28.4 more pounds to go. I have finished breakfast and have to go milk and feed the babies. (I raise dairy goats as a hobby)
adillenal That is a GREAT loss for the first week! You will be at goal in no time
P.S I love hand/body lotions made from goats milk
Old 07-11-2010, 09:44 AM   #766
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
PowerFULL: You are definitely in the right place! You are gonna reach your goal. No doubt about it!

Al: Oooooohhh...I hope you get those GAGA tickets! That will be fun, fun, fun!!

IM2: WTG!!!!! You faced temptation and kicked him in the BUTT! I know what you mean about the "secret". I'm re-learning that the secret is all about choices. Pass up the carbs and munch on the meat! It works.

So, I've decided not to weigh myself everry single day. I'm going to try and do it every 2 or 3 days. So, yesterday I was the same. Today I did not get on the scale. I'm gonna drink 100 oz. of water, eat chicken breast, eggs and filet mignon. (I have one in the freezer and keep thinking about it! Can't wait!)

Looking forward to seeing the scale go down.

I now have 3 weeks until my family reunion in PA. I'm gonna really push it. Wish me luck and will-power and Stillman Power, please!!!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 07-11-2010 at 09:45 AM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:48 AM   #767
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
The Whoosh Fairy was a day late with her Stillmansversary to me but she came last night and took 2 pounds with her (and this was AFTER I had Prime Rib for dinner )

So at 4 months and 1 day I have lost 51 pounds. Stillman's ROCKS!! And my Stillman's sisters........I could NOT have done this without your support!

Oh, Sharon!!! We are all sooooooooo proud of you!!! You ROCK!! You are a true Stillmanite! I remember reading that Stillman himself took eleven weeks to lose 55 pounds. So you even ran rings around him!!! Congratulations! You are an inspiration!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 09:49 AM   #768
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
ADI: you are having great success! 7.6 (I would just round it up to 8) pounds in one week is truly awesome. You are on your way!!
Old 07-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #769
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Im so glad youre feeling better Gwn!!!! and congrats on the pants!! Inches off baby!! We want pics! So you made it into your goal jeans and pants you never thought would fit. The question now is, do you maintain or try to get down to 147. Its a tough one. I always wanted to keep going lower, but I hope there is someone out there who can be happy with themselves and not just the number. I think you can be that someone!!! GREAT JOB!!!!
Nope, definitely not comfortable at this weight. I have a feeling I won't be at 147 either... So once I get to 147, the new goal will be 131. Maybe the last time I weighed 131, I was 12 years old. It will be surreal, for sure, anything below 147 since that's the lowest I've ever been as a teenager or adult!

I will take new pics soon It's been about 24lbs since my last photos, I think.
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #770
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
Sorry you are so tired GT! I'm not a morning person. My company booked my flight at 6am the week after next, so I will have to get up in the middle of the night to make it!
eep! I have a flight from Barcelona back to the US that I don't want to miss, departs at 9am! I am going to be sleeping in the airport that night! There's even a whole website out there sleepinginairports dot com, I think, that's devoted to sharing your experience with sleeping in airports and which ones are safer than others, ha!
Old 07-11-2010, 10:04 AM   #771
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Am I the only one who sleeps like a baby on Stillman's??? Ha. Seriously, I sleep so deep anymore, it's crazy. Oh, I have also stopped snoring completely... Seriously, every night I would wake myself up, just as I'd start to nod off, with a snore. Hasn't happened in months! Just another benefit of losing weight!

Quote:
Good morning Mim! I also have trouble falling asleep at times on Stillman's, I just try and think of it as excess fat being burned

I love the ribeye at Cracker Barrel - yum!! I am no longer tempted by their pancakes, biscuits etc.

Enjoy those cleaner rooms (I am still working on mine!) and those grandbabies.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:06 AM   #772
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Definitely doing the happy dance for you!!! :c lap:
Old 07-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #773
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Wowzers! 7.6lbs - get it girl!! Congratulations!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #774
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post

So, I've decided not to weigh myself everry single day. I'm going to try and do it every 2 or 3 days. So, yesterday I was the same. Today I did not get on the scale. I'm gonna drink 100 oz. of water, eat chicken breast, eggs and filet mignon. (I have one in the freezer and keep thinking about it! Can't wait!)

Looking forward to seeing the scale go down.

I now have 3 weeks until my family reunion in PA. I'm gonna really push it. Wish me luck and will-power and Stillman Power, please!!!!!
Keep it up girl!! The scale is going to move down down down like you won't believe! Or maybe you will What part of PA will you be in?
Old 07-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #775
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Peeps! Just a quick drive by, really nothing to report I am going to get a bit stricter tomorrow though.... I had two salads yesterday but aside from about 3ozs london broil for breakfast, that is all I ate... Too busy at work! I will probably have another salad today and then I'm cutting them out for the week and just sticking with chicken and back to hard boiled eggs! I hope you all have a great Sunday... It's gonna be busy here at work pretty soon... World Cup!!!! >^.^<
Old 07-11-2010, 11:13 AM   #776
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shenue
Stats: 280/216/150
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat/Moderate Calories
Hi Everyone. I hope this weekend is being good to all of you.

My dear husband just fixed a huge plate of deluxe nachos. Loaded with chili, cheese, hot peppers, tomatoes...etc etc etc. AND he is sitting here eating it in front of me. hmm What do you think?? NO court in the country would convict me.
shenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #777
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Ahhhhh. There is so much good news on this board that I just can't stand it! I am so happy for everyones accomplishments!!

I stayed true to strict Stillmans yesterday! So today will make day 2!! It was smooth sailing til around 9 PM last night. I got so tired (body felt like lead) and sooooooooo cranky and all I wanted was ice cream to make me feel better. I fought the evil and went to bed. Boy, did I feel good about myself when I woke up this morning!! I have a carb detox headache today and Im still a little cranky, but I know I'll be golden another day or two from now!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #778
Blabbermouth!!!

Christine- Great job on the loss! I feel like you are a new woman! I can hear it in your posts. Im so happy you are on the losing train and I'm so happy that everything has fallen into place for you! You are on fire!

Mim - You are on a roll! You tore through that house and burned up hundreds of calories!! Hope you're having fun with the kiddos! I love how strong you've become! Sounding like a woman that wont let anything get her way! That makes me smile.

GT - Keepin it clean girl! Great and healthy menu! I admire you for sticking with it and stopping at the strawberries!!! I want to be just like you!

Gidge - You are right! Keep your eye on the prize!!! Goal is going to happen for you!!

Becky - You have done so well! You have to keep posting to fill us in on your secrets! Its working for ya! 16 pounds is awesome!! Woohoo!

IM2 - You have got more willpower than anyone I know! I big round of applause for making it through another night of total temptation and being able to say "I DID IT"! Great great job!!

adillen - WTG! You lost more than a pound a day!!! You must be siked! Keep it going. You are doing great!

Yam- You sound serious and I know you can do it!!! Nothing better than a reunion to get our butts in gear! Youve done it before you can do it again! Lets do this togehter!!!

Sharon, Sharon, Sharon..what can I say? You are amazing!!!

Gwn- I have to say that you are a true champ! You are totally in control and I love it. You know that nothing is gonna stop you from getting to goal and I admire your healthy food chioces and being able to stick with it and get right back to QWL. I need to learn from you and GT!!!!! and I hope your airport ends up being one of the safe places to sleep! how funny to have a website like that! do us a favor and curl up near the guards station somewhere! We dont want anything happening to you or the pouches of tuna stashed in your bag!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #779
Blabbermouth!!!

I miss nermo, Lisa and Denise....where did you girls go?

Kam and makeme: hope all is well!

and msgirl and beth...stop teasing me and get back here and post!!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #780
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenue View Post
My dear husband just fixed a huge plate of deluxe nachos. Loaded with chili, cheese, hot peppers, tomatoes...etc etc etc. AND he is sitting here eating it in front of me. hmm What do you think?? NO court in the country would convict me.
ahhhh deluxe nachos! he should be fined for creating such awful deliciousness!!