Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #721
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenue View Post
aleriaaa I used to watch those talk shows, so I must have seen him on one or two of those. I can't find any pics of him either.
There is a big picture of him on the jacket of the hard cover "14 Day Shape Up Program". I bought it cheap on amazon

I googled Stillman and somewhere along the line found a short video of him on a talk show. Can't remember all the details of when he was born and stuff, but in the "14 day" book he has a chapter where he gives a short bio about why he developed QWL. He had a heart attack and his doctor said if he did not lose 55 pounds quickly he would surely die within 6 months because the weight was putting a strain on his heart. Then they gave him a "balanced" diet plan that would take off one pound a week.

He figured if he followed that, he would surely die because it would take him a year to lose 55 pounds!

Anyway, good read. I think he was such a motivational writer and a great doctor!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #722
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Go, Gwn. .Go! Ahhh.. Size 10 is wonderful. . wonderful . .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #723
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Al: Just finished watching 30 minute performance by LADY GAGA. She was on the Today show yesterday and they had their biggest crowd ever for a concert. Over 20,000 "little monsters". She is one of those performers you just can't take your eyes off!! No wonder you love her.
Just watched it too!!! She dares to be different and does her own thing. I love the shock factor! Her performances are always very entertaining and for once I don't think she was wearing a wig! Now if I could just pull off those heels in a rain storm.... I think I may be going to see her this fall!! Wont get my hopes up but I ran into someone with tickets that is thinking about giving them up. Why cant they make a decision already!?!? Dont leave a girl hangin!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:32 AM   #724
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

how did you guys watch GA GA? I wouldn't mind seeing it .. on demand?
Old 07-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #725
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidge&Jazzie View Post
I have to make my sister's birthday cake today... and take her out to a nice dinner tommorrow. Bad timing to start my diet I guess, a week before my sister's birthday. I will try to stay strong but if I cannot, I will pick myself up and start again.
Hey Gidge! There is always gonna be an event to attend. Think of this way...if you stick to plan, 4-5 months from now you can show up at another event at goal!!! You can do it! Dont let a little cake get in the way of making that happen!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #726
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Today is my youngest daughter's birthday (24). She picked a restaurant for dinner because it has great steaks (for me ). She said losing weight was the best birthday present for myself and her (almost made me cry!).

She wants to move to Australia next summer and wants me to come visit and "see the sights". She said if I was thinner then I would be 1) Happier 2) Be able to walk and hike with her 3) She wouldn't worry so much about me being on a long flight and the top reason....... I would be more likely to WANT to be in family photos.........

How's that for a little pressure (and motivation!)
She sounds like a lovely, caring person who loves you more than anything! You have to feel so proud of yourself for coming this far, and her thoughts and words will keep you going strong!! How exciting to have a trip to Australia to look forward too. You are gonna make goal Sharon! There is no stopping you from getting what you want! and all the pics you girls are gonna take are gonna be great!!!

look at your pic from last year. there is no better proof than the before and the now! I know you wish you couldve lost more but I hope you feel real good about the positive changes you have made!! 49 pounds gone forever!!You rock!
Old 07-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #727
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
I'm eating lemon pepper tuna which kinda reminds me of pizza. . NOT!!!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 11:49 AM   #728
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
So far I've made it through two meals on plan!! and I drank 1/2 my water already. . celebrating the little things in life. .
Let make it three!!! Make me do it. Make me..
Old 07-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #729
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Did I tell you guys that I got into my size 11 jeans? Wore them all day yesterday. Those were sort of my "goal" jeans that I owned when I was last 147lbs. They fit perfectly. I also got into a pair of size 10 dress pants that I bought like a year ago, just knowing I'd get into them some day. Ha! They were kind of expensive too so it was a little foolish to buy a size 10 when I was a size 18 at the time! But, they were motivation for me
Im so glad youre feeling better Gwn!!!! and congrats on the pants!! Inches off baby!! We want pics! So you made it into your goal jeans and pants you never thought would fit. The question now is, do you maintain or try to get down to 147. Its a tough one. I always wanted to keep going lower, but I hope there is someone out there who can be happy with themselves and not just the number. I think you can be that someone!!! GREAT JOB!!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 12:00 PM   #730
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: powerless
WOE: Stillmans
Just checking in.

Thanks to everyone for all the support and the pep talks.

2 meals down today and 72 ounces of water is in, not including the coffee. Still have a way to go with the water for the remainder of today. I'm committed though to get it in.

Stats: 244.5/237/135 5 foot 7 1/2 inches.

B: coffee and 2 eggs
L: 4 ounces of cooked chicken breast

Will check in again later with everyone. Hang in there......sometimes an hour at a time is all I can manage, and then whatever is botherng me, passes. I am not left feeling remorse if I just driink my water, or CL or have a cup of tea when a thought about wanting to eat something off plan strikes.
powerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #731
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I googled the today show - all the videos are online.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #732
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerless View Post
Just checking in.

2 meals down today and 72 ounces of water is in, not including the coffee. Still have a way to go with the water for the remainder of today. I'm committed though to get it in.

Will check in again later with everyone. Hang in there......sometimes an hour at a time is all I can manage, and then whatever is botherng me, passes. I am not left feeling remorse if I just driink my water, or CL or have a cup of tea when a thought about wanting to eat something off plan strikes.
2 meals down. We can all make three!!! No bad news today peeps. Lets do this for each other!! Lets do this for us!

power...besides not feeling guilty about water, you dont have to feel guilty about meat! pop a piece of chicken whenever you think about anything else! I love it cold right out of the fridge!! eat 4 if ya have too! You will still lose weight!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #733
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Anyway, good read. I think he was such a motivational writer and a great doctor!

WE YOU IRWIN STILLMAN!!!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #734
Blabbermouth!!!

GT: Hope you're out having fun with mum!
Old 07-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #735
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
BTW IM2 - this show was much more subdued than most. (shes got to be careful on the morning news...haha) nothing like a good awards show to bring out the monster in her.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:02 PM   #736
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Good morning! I am enjoying my quiet morning and my day to myself. Today will be built in exercise. I'm going to get my house put back together. This is going to involve a lot of trips to the attic - carrying stuff that I am just not going to go through right now, and a lot of trips to the basement - a whole mountain range of laundry the basement that needs to be done. I'm actually looking forward to it because by 7 this evening - my quitting time - I will have a house that is comfortable again.

Every now and again someone will mention (those someones usually don't stick around) that we talk a lot about off topic stuff. I really don't think we do. For me at least, the desire to tidy up my space is directly related to how my eating is going. For months I have tried to stay on plan and failed miserably. And not only have I gained weight, but I have felt so bad both physically and emotionally that I have not been able to do anything other than maintain my house. You know - I keep the dishes done and enough laundry done so that I have clothes, but often I'm doing a quick load in the morning so I have something to wear to work! Anyway, I have turned the corner and am on plan. And even though this is only my 4th day, I know that I'm firmly on plan.

Does that make sense? I really believe that our eating affects our whole life. At least it does for me.
Yes, yes it does make sense! I haven't read the two pages of posts yet (my we are talkative!) but everything connects. It's all about taking control, IMHO. Sometimes the house needs to be a mess because I'm prioritizing something else, but there's a breaking point where it is so disorganized that all other aspects start unraveling, too. I can't exercise if my big, too baggy clothes are draped over the Gazelle. I can't find my mustard to gag down my eggs if I haven't cleaned out the fridge. My level of concentration is broken when other parts of my life are not put together.

So yeah, nothing really is off-topic, is it? We're friends here, right? I need you guys (sorry, a Northernism) when I'm down, so I won't comfort myself with butt-inflating carbs. Words of wisdom, Mim!
Old 07-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #737
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning to everyone.

This site truly keeps me going. Weigh in this morning has me at exactly 237 lbs. That's where I was when I last weighed in......so I guess I should be grateful. Considering I was yo-yo'ing on and off of plan. Now I'm committed to Stillman's for the next 6 weeks. My weight is killing me and it is making me miserable. I'm glad I stepped on the scale this morning.
Have already had 16oz of water. My biggest downfall is getting the water in.
Can anyone tell me if the CL slows them down with weight loss? Chicken broth slow anyone down?
I'm guessing you can hear the desperation in my voice for wanting this weight off ASAP and for good.
Yes, I can hear the desperation. First thing you need to do is go in and make another username. Even if you have to use another email address to do it. Just let us know you are the Artist Formerly Known As Powerless. You cannot call yourself powerless without BEING powerless!! I'm smallerizing myself because I tell myself I can do this! It's not easy, and I was Biggerizing for a few years, but that's OVER. It's not as important about whether you use CL (which stalls me) or chicken broth (which might retain water one day, but you will lose it eventually). It's important that you start some plan, and stick with it. Oh, you will fall off the wagon, we all do. Just fess up here and get on with your losing streak!

You have done great to maintain! Give yourself a pat on the back and then move that stupid scale DOWN!! You can definitely do this! If you get to a stall, kick something out (like the CL, or coffee, or whatever) but keep on moving! Keep on learning, but don't wait till you learn it all before you start for real. Do read the stickys on the QWL and maybe the other plans, and just dive in! We'll be there to catch you if you fall.
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #738
Senior LCF Member

Swebb -- Happy Stilliversary and happy 49 lbs gone forever!! I love your DD!! She is a gem. She gave you some motivation that will last a while, and you will have so much fun in Australia!

Gwn --- I would never have bought pants several sizes smaller, but GO YOU!! Congrats on the loss of inches!!

Gidge -- don't even think about that cake. It's not as good as it looks or smells. I've been looking at birthday cake my neighbor dropped off yestderday, I want it but I don't want it enough to WEAR it! You know deep down what you want is some loss started up soon, so be kind to yourself, get a nice Tangerine Diet Rite and mix it with some heavy cream if you must have something decadent. It's not QWL, but it's very low carb. It's my escape from bingeing. Maybe you have another low-carb treat you can enjoy instead of cake, but trust me, I have had cake, it was a little bit yummy, but being 30 lbs thinner is way yummier!!
Old 07-10-2010, 01:43 PM   #739
Senior LCF Member

Okay, after falling off the yeast cleanse yesterday, but still keeping up the CO and ACV and oregano oil, I got on the scales, expecting the usual 1 or 2 pound gain that I see when I rotate to low-carb. IT WENT DOWN! By only .8, but still that's amazing! A new low for me for probably several years, I will have to go dig in a blog or two to find out when I was that low.

DD has an ear infection after going to camp, and I'm trying to get rid of it before she flies to Houston, London, and Kiev next week. GRRRRR I wish I had not let her go to Bible Camp.

And that new job is sending me to Baltimore, not Philly for training. I'm so excited about starting something new!! And having money for MEAT, MEAT MEAT MEAT & MEAT!!
(Why don't we have a drool smiley?)
Old 07-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #740
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Just checking in.

I agree with smallersizing! Change your name. Here, you can be anyone you want to be. let your name reflect that! I know sometimes we do feel powerless to change things but in reality, we can indeed change! Have fun thinking about a name that reflects how powerful you are!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #741
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I am finished. Done in! Hot. Tired. And so not finished with the task I set for myself. But that is ok, 'cause I did my best and I just can't do any more today. I've gotta say that I feel so much better about the state of my house. And the state of my mind. I don't know if I will get much more done tomorrow as the grandbabies will be coming. But next weekend I will finish up!

Gee, I wonder how much less I'll weigh next weekend.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #742
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, and I'm craving ketchup! Weird. I have lc ketchup but not sure I want to get into it.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #743
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What is up today? My stomach is actually growling .. I'm hungry. .

Ate 2 tuna packets
3 eggs
and now I'm eating a chicken breast. .can't get full .. maybe the CO is kicking in. .
Old 07-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #744
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mim . come to my house, please . I have a lot of stuff to move . .
Old 07-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #745
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mim . come to my house, please . I have a lot of stuff to move . .

"Sure" she said, with her fingers crossed behind her back. I am very motivated though so maybe. hmmmmmmm
Old 07-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #746
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Wow peeps!! 3 pages!! Ok just read them--on my way to bed!!
What can I remember???? let's see!!!
Al---cannot believe you would actually like cheese????? more than chocolate!!!!!!! Traitor!!!!!
Gwn---congrats on the jeans!!!
Sharon--yay on the anniversary and the 49lbs--Happy Birthday to your daughter! She sounds like such a kind and caringv girl. You should def go to Australia--what motivation!!
Mim-and everyone who answered, I so get what you mean about loving the control of Stillmans--when I'm completely on plan i feel great, in control, and everything seems to fall into place. When I'm not on plan I feel out of control!!
With Mum here I've been eating salads and tuna, chicken and some (that should prob reallly read-a lot!!) strawberries (yuuuuum!) but even tho I know that's the 14day plan-I think-and that will probably have to be maintainance, I still prefer the complete control that goes with QWL.
Ok peeps, I'm falling asleep-and I've been getting up at 5:30 to exercise-it's the only time I have--and again it's the control thing--when I've it done I feel good and can relax!! (I'm just weird, I know!!) BBL

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:56 PM   #747
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gidge&Jazzie
Stats: 190/190/130
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 7/05/10
Quote:
Gidge -- don't even think about that cake. It's not as good as it looks or smells. I've been looking at birthday cake my neighbor dropped off yestderday, I want it but I don't want it enough to WEAR it! You know deep down what you want is some loss started up soon, so be kind to yourself, get a nice Tangerine Diet Rite and mix it with some heavy cream if you must have something decadent. It's not QWL, but it's very low carb. It's my escape from bingeing. Maybe you have another low-carb treat you can enjoy instead of cake, but trust me, I have had cake, it was a little bit yummy, but being 30 lbs thinner is way yummier!!
So true - thanks Your binge free treat sounds pretty good Like an orange ice cream popsicle! Love those!

I think its a mix of temptation, stress and TOM, but my willpower has been so weak. Eye on the prize though. Losing 60. It will happen!

Last edited by Gidge&Jazzie; 07-10-2010 at 04:58 PM..
Gidge&Jazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:02 PM   #748
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/196/160 5'5.5"
Wow! This has been a chatty group today! I've enjoyed reading everyone's experiences...I'm sorry I'm not good at responding to each person.

I don't expect anyone to respond to mine...I'm just checking in...

I've lost 16 pounds...I'm thrilled about that...I went to Steinmart today thinking I'd get a new outfit...but nothing fit...size 16's were WAY too tight...so it made me realize I have a long way to go and I've got to stay with this!

At least I'm not where I was a month ago!!!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #749
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Becky! Congratulations. . That is wonderful and don't get discouraged. . You are so far ahead of the game. .you are doing something about it! We can do this together. . Let's roll!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:14 PM   #750
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just have to say. . I survived the corn fest tonight. . Fair food all around. .elephant ears. .tubs of french fries and vinegar (my weakness) .. popcorn. .you name it .. I smelled it. but that's all I Did. . so I wanna pat myself on the back. OK so I did have one thing. I ended up having a cocktail! figured it was better than an eating binge. . I suppose I'll pee it out anyway. . I feel like a winner either way. .2 years ago I would have eaten my way through the midway ..

and. .the funny thing is . .I was actually feeling sorry for all the chubby people that didn't know "our secret". . Don't you sometimes feel like you have a secret that others haven't figured out yet. . Carbs are evil and cause you to be fat, fat, fat. . ???

Last edited by IM2fat; 07-10-2010 at 08:16 PM..