Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 05:09 PM   #661
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
I have breezed through day 3! It sure feels good! And my grandbabies are back home. I think some celebratory playing on the Wii is in order!

Good idea! Celebrate with fun activity, not horrid fat-creating food!
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2010, 05:10 PM   #662
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hi peeps...just checking in. I'm doing well...down 6lb since I was last here...need to update my stats. Those who know of me will know I recently changed to the South Beach Diet with the veiw of alternating...it has been great but I want to get a couple of Stillman's days in so as of tomorrow I will be cheat free for two days. Hope everyone is doing good...gonna try and catch up with the posts. TTFN.
Glad to see you here again! Congrats on the LOSS! My doc wanted me to do SB. Maybe someday I will!
Old 07-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #663
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Small:

I'm curious if you are going to be down this morning with the added CO and your menu yesterday. . let me know
Not even an ounce.
So I quit the yeast cleanse, but not totally. I will continue with CO and Bragg's ACV and oregano oil, but there are two reasons why I won't continue this diet. 1) It's WAY too hard for a lady who has so much to do in the next few weeks! Training in another state, new job, Baby Girl going abroad, new patio.... 2) I didn't get die-off symptoms, and I'm not sure that the yeast didn't start dying off slowly from low-carbing and oregano oil. 3) Part of my plan was to complete the kill with Nystatin, but that turned out to be expired. Okay, that's three. Four, I love cheese!!!!! Love love love love love cheese!! And it's so easy when there's nothing else to eat. (of course it's probably the yeast craving the cheese, but oh well.)

I will do the cleanse another, more convenient time. I won't take the CO on my Stillman's days again, since it's not low fat.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:26 PM   #664
Senior LCF Member

Wow!! GWN!! So that's what "collarbones" look like!! Love it! I am so sorry you are having such a rough time with the yeast cleanse. It really does show that it was the right thing to do, hope you feel better soon!

And I so love that you are swigging water in the pic.

Sharon, congrats on your loss! That other pound will follow, and take a couple more with it!

Al, great avi! No carbs will pass these lips... You didn't get as far as you are today by chowing down on carbs, you will do fine!
Old 07-10-2010, 02:22 AM   #665
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: powerless
WOE: Stillmans
Good morning to everyone.

This site truly keeps me going. Weigh in this morning has me at exactly 237 lbs. That's where I was when I last weighed in......so I guess I should be grateful. Considering I was yo-yo'ing on and off of plan. Now I'm committed to Stillman's for the next 6 weeks. My weight is killing me and it is making me miserable. I'm glad I stepped on the scale this morning.
Have already had 16oz of water. My biggest downfall is getting the water in.
Can anyone tell me if the CL slows them down with weight loss? Chicken broth slow anyone down?
I'm guessing you can hear the desperation in my voice for wanting this weight off ASAP and for good.
powerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:29 AM   #666
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Good morning my meat eating friends!! How is everyone today? Whats on the menus?

Today will be a tuna and turkey day for me. I love turkey! I realize that in order to get me past these first few days I am going to have to eat a lot so Im staying far from the scale. But Im expecting a big whoosh within the next few days. Not hoping. Expecting! Positive thinking peeps! Lets do this! Its waaaaay too hot out there to have to hide in our baggy pants and Ts!!!

Get those grills going and cook up a storm. This is the no cheat weekend challenge!!! Whos in?!?!? If you BLT, you must list it here. I double dog dare ya to stay on plan!!!!!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:46 AM   #667
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerless View Post
Can anyone tell me if the CL slows them down with weight loss? Chicken broth slow anyone down?
I'm guessing you can hear the desperation in my voice for wanting this weight off ASAP and for good.
Hey P! I drink CL all the time. I like the idea of diluting it, but I usually don't. I'll never know if I couldve lost more without it because its always been to hard for me to give up for any length of time.. Chicken broth is fine, but if you have the chance to make your own, that would be better. Some of those store broths have sugar and weird starches in them.

Im so glad you are back!! You can do this!!!

PS- ground turkey with a splash of broth is really yummy!! Helps get it down easy if its too dry!
Old 07-10-2010, 04:50 AM   #668
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenue View Post
Has anyone here used Walden Farms "mayo" from Netrition.com? If so, how is it? It is a zero everything "mayo". I have quotes around the word mayo because the list of ingredients is everything but real mayo ingredients. lol Some strange sounding stuff in it. I'd love to know if any of you have used it and how is the flavor? Is it a good substitute for the real thing? Thanks
Hi Shenue!! The very best thing you can do right now is stay away from the processsed stuff. Since you are at the beginning of your Stillman journey (i think), this is the biggest whoosh you will get. If you stick to the meat, as plain as possible, you can see a 10 pound loss in a week! Seriously!! Maybe even more!!! Mustard used to be a favorite around here, as well as hot sauce. Sorry I didnt answer your question but Walden Farms just scares me.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:54 AM   #669
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
I love cheese!!!!! Love love love love love cheese!!
I hear ya loud and clear!!! I am a lover of cheese too! (nobody mention my trigger food - cheezits, OK?)

Cover your eyes GT: I can actually say I prefer cheese over chocolate..
Old 07-10-2010, 04:59 AM   #670
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:

Anyone else suffer with holding onto the past and missing out on the present?

sounds all too familiar! We can do this. . stick with us through the good and the not so good. . Welcome back. we missed you! I think it is our past that does us in every single time - bad habits die hard. I'm still struggling with my "food issues" but you know. .I'm taking baby steps. .I can't expect to change a life time of bad habits overnight. . so I'll keep working on it. .
IM2fat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:14 AM   #671
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Good morning my meat eating friends!! How is everyone today? Whats on the menus?

Get those grills going and cook up a storm. This is the no cheat weekend challenge!!! Whos in?!?!? If you BLT, you must list it here. I double dog dare ya to stay on plan!!!!!!

Al. . You must be working today. .your on early! I'm up with my baby who has swimmer's ear! Poor guy...I hate ear aches. .

I'm up for the challenge, Al! I need something new to inspire me. Let's just say. . I'm thankful to be at 155. . never thought I'd say that. . . I have to go to the store and get some meat. .

so far. . coffee with splash of cream .(SF)

Last edited by IM2fat; 07-10-2010 at 05:20 AM..
Old 07-10-2010, 05:19 AM   #672
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So I was thnking. . What can we possibilty do differently today to get us through and make us successful? What can you change? Sometimes its just that one thing that can be our break through (our our breaking point!). . I plan to find something that works.. I need a booste!
Old 07-10-2010, 05:24 AM   #673
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al. . You must be working today. .your on early! I'm up with my baby who has swimmer's ear! Poor guy...I hate ear aches. .

I'm up for the challenge, Al! I need something new to inspire me. Let's just say. . I'm thankful to be at 155. . never thought I'd say that. . . I have to go to the store and get some meat. .
Hope your son feels better - poor thing!!

Im taking my meats old school all week. NO marinades. Makes it tastes too good and makes me eat more, then someohow it registers as a cheat and makes me eat something bad. so its plain turkey. plain chicken all the way. Perhaps I'll dab it in a little mustard too for nostalgia. I'm hitting this hard. Im serious.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:29 AM   #674
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Good morning! I am enjoying my quiet morning and my day to myself. Today will be built in exercise. I'm going to get my house put back together. This is going to involve a lot of trips to the attic - carrying stuff that I am just not going to go through right now, and a lot of trips to the basement - a whole mountain range of laundry the basement that needs to be done. I'm actually looking forward to it because by 7 this evening - my quitting time - I will have a house that is comfortable again.

Every now and again someone will mention (those someones usually don't stick around) that we talk a lot about off topic stuff. I really don't think we do. For me at least, the desire to tidy up my space is directly related to how my eating is going. For months I have tried to stay on plan and failed miserably. And not only have I gained weight, but I have felt so bad both physically and emotionally that I have not been able to do anything other than maintain my house. You know - I keep the dishes done and enough laundry done so that I have clothes, but often I'm doing a quick load in the morning so I have something to wear to work! Anyway, I have turned the corner and am on plan. And even though this is only my 4th day, I know that I'm firmly on plan.

Does that make sense? I really believe that our eating affects our whole life. At least it does for me.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:30 AM   #675
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hope your son feels better - poor thing!!

Im taking my meats old school all week. NO marinades. Makes it tastes too good and makes me eat more, then someohow it registers as a cheat and makes me eat something bad. so its plain turkey. plain chicken all the way. Perhaps I'll dab it in a little mustard too for nostalgia. I'm hitting this hard. Im serious.
Yep. .I agree. . I think if I pay perfect attention to my diet. . the weight will have to drop off. . I'm still gonna try the CO (if it would get here already. .!!). .
Old 07-10-2010, 05:32 AM   #676
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
So I was thnking. . What can we possibilty do differently today to get us through and make us successful? What can you change? Sometimes its just that one thing that can be our break through (our our breaking point!). . I plan to find something that works.. I need a booste!
Im wearing jeans that were baggy two weeks ago and now they are too tight. If this uncomfortable and embarrassing feeling isnt enough to make me stick with it, nothing will. I'll even take off my baggy t-shirt to show off the rolls under my tank top. That should disgust me enough to stick with it today.

Probably not what you were looking for, but I think it'll work for me.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:34 AM   #677
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning to everyone.

This site truly keeps me going. Weigh in this morning has me at exactly 237 lbs. That's where I was when I last weighed in......so I guess I should be grateful. Considering I was yo-yo'ing on and off of plan. Now I'm committed to Stillman's for the next 6 weeks. My weight is killing me and it is making me miserable. I'm glad I stepped on the scale this morning.
Have already had 16oz of water. My biggest downfall is getting the water in.
I have not had a problem with CL or with chicken broth. Watch the sodium though if you buy the broth. (I almost always buy it). One thing I do with my CL that works really well is to fill my water bottle with a bit of CL and water and freeze it. When it is frozen I just add water and drink. It gives it a bit of flavor. I can usually fill it three times before the ice all melts.

Check in often! You can do this!
Old 07-10-2010, 05:37 AM   #678
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Today will be a tuna and turkey day for me. I love turkey! I realize that in order to get me past these first few days I am going to have to eat a lot so Im staying far from the scale. But Im expecting a big whoosh within the next few days. Not hoping. Expecting! Positive thinking peeps! Lets do this! Its waaaaay too hot out there to have to hide in our baggy pants and Ts!!!

I'm in! I am going to put another turkey breast in the crock tonight for tomorrow and Monday. Today will be fish and an egg now and again - if I need it!
Old 07-10-2010, 05:38 AM   #679
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yep. .I agree. . I think if I pay perfect attention to my diet. . the weight will have to drop off. . I'm still gonna try the CO (if it would get here already. .!!). .

I am sticking with the CO too. I know when i got down to 209 that was the thing I was doing differently from past attempts. I hope your good stuff arrives today.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:41 AM   #680
Blabbermouth!!!

MIM- I absolutely agree!!! When Im on plan. Life is good. everything is under control, stress is more manageable, I want to do more with the kids, my house is clean, I want to socialize and have fun, I can get out of bed in the morning when the alarm goes off not after 3 snoozes. the list of positive things goes on and on. When I am off plan, I am lazy, moody, blue, stressed over nothing, and all I want to do is sleep and eat. Sleeping and eating garbage is such a waste of time and life that we could be enjoying.

The extra weight and lack of control is baggage I am not willing to carry anymore. I'm getting myself on track, getting to my desired weight, and gonna go back to being happy again!!!!!!!!!!!!! tuna and turkey, although not fun, keeps me happy in the end...
Old 07-10-2010, 05:41 AM   #681
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post

Does that make sense? I really believe that our eating affects our whole life. At least it does for me.

Its all about control and being in . . I have a much better day when I accomplish something so I have to remind myself. . get up. .get dressed and get ready for the day every signle day. ..No off days. . No PJ days . No looking like a mac truck hit you. . Get off your Arse. .and motivate!! (talking to self) and you know something else . . off topic is not so off topic. . what we do every single day does effect our weight. . no ifs and or butts!!! Thanks for sharing, Mim. . It re-enforces my feelings and I realize I am not alone!!
Old 07-10-2010, 05:44 AM   #682
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. .so we three have to remember. . Carbs = No Control. . no fun. .disarray and out of control life!! Just say no to the carb!
Old 07-10-2010, 05:44 AM   #683
Blabbermouth!!!

i'd like to test out this CO again, but I have to say Im worried about the fat. I dont think I have any yeast or parasites so it would strictly be for the weight loss. But will it really work? Im stumped.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:48 AM   #684
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Im wearing jeans that were baggy two weeks ago and now they are too tight. If this uncomfortable and embarrassing feeling isnt enough to make me stick with it, nothing will. I'll even take off my baggy t-shirt to show off the rolls under my tank top. That should disgust me enough to stick with it today.

Probably not what you were looking for, but I think it'll work for me.
Its all about what motivates you so go for it!! Personally, I like ,my baggy shorts. . makes me feel good instead of bad . when I feel bad I think. . what the heck nothing is going to change . I've been this way forever. .why bother? When I feel good about myself. . I want to do more. . I want to move more and I want to look better. . Did I mention, I can finally color my hair again! Yippeee. . I wish I could pull off red. . I would do it. .I feel kinda spicey today!!
Hey al.. share that wig site with me again (sorry. . too lazy to go back and look) but I would really like to give it to my friend who just lost her hair! Thanks
Old 07-10-2010, 05:50 AM   #685
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Good morning all.
I have lost well this week drinking CL. I use one of the little packets for 36 oz of water. I am using a 12 oz glass and I try to get in 10 of them but 7 of them is fine with me. Water is my hardest thing but I discovered by trial and error that water is the essential part of the diet that washes the ketones out of the body rather than allowing them to recirculate and be used. That was a poor paraphrase from the book. Anyway - water is my key.

I also learned by trial and error that I can maintain beautifully on high fat - BUT I cannot lose on high fat. Everybody is different and it takes awhile to learn your personal quirks.

I cook my morning eggs in VCO so I am a believer in VCO. Hav e used oil of oregano in the past. Might dig it out of the cabinet and try it just to see if I have a yeast buildup. Will be able to tell quickly with the side effect. (If any)

I read somewhere that a good weight loss diet is boring. Anything that tastes extra good makes us want more so I stick to pretty plain and boring foods. No recipes - just plain cooking. That said I use LC ketchup and horseradish with my boiled shrimp.
HB eggs are great because I can only tolerate one at a time when eaten alone so they are a good way to keep calories down. Just a few tidbits from my reading.

Good luck to all and stay true to Stillman's and don't try to add a bunch of processed things that usually contain a lot of salt.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014

Last edited by adillenal; 07-10-2010 at 06:30 AM.. Reason: to correct a typo that made no sense
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:55 AM   #686
Blabbermouth!!!

becaue we can go off topic and want to hear what we have on our minds shows that we are friends and care. and thats how we get insight as to what types of people we are. We can better inform, motivate, and help each other if we are able to get to know each other!!! Here's hoping we remain friends and make many many more!!!!

Plus, its like an ongoing journal! For those of us that don't write our thoughts down on paper, its the only thing to look back on. If I miss TOM this month, I know I can go back to June and see when he showed up.

I hope everyone feels comfortable enough to post what they want because there are so many great people on here that truly care!

and to go off topic.... I am going to see Eclipse again tonight because I think its the greatest thing ever right now.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:57 AM   #687
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
i'd like to test out this CO again, but I have to say Im worried about the fat. I dont think I have any yeast or parasites so it would strictly be for the weight loss. But will it really work? Im stumped.
I have been reading up and reading up on it.
IDK. .fat scares me too. .)but very little else is helping. . I wonder if I do have the yeast problem? I supposed if I gain or have other issuese I can always top. . I just wonder if I'm not getting enough fat. . even WW stresses the importance of getting "healthy fats" in every day . .
Old 07-10-2010, 05:59 AM   #688
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shenue
Stats: 280/216/150
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat/Moderate Calories
aleriaaa...hi I am just re-starting Stillman's. I'm actually very familiar with it. I'm an oldie (but goodie) and was around when Stillman first published his QWL diet book. I can remember seeing him on a talk show or two, also. I got the book and went on the diet immediately with great results. My problem is keeping off the weight. Terrible, terrible yo-yo syndrome. I've done Stillman's many times over the years...always worked. Each time I swore I'd never let myself gain the weight back again. but..alas My last try was in 07. I lost about 60 lbs with a lot more to lose, but then I let a personal loss (my brother's sudden death) put me out of the diet mode and into a 'why bother with it' mode. Don't get me wrong, I'm not using that as an excuse, just explaining what happened with me. I have very very little oil/fat in my diet. Usually a little bit of olive oil, if I need some. The mayo thing. I'm not really using any mayo right now, but once in a while it can actually help me from falling totally of the wagon. There is the occasion when I just need a little dab of mayo with my tuna (or something else) to help me get over craving ...something more/better....etc. When I do use that little dab, it is Helman's olive oil mayo. Mostly, I am just curious about the product. It seems strange to have a 'mayo' that actually has nothing to do with mayo, in the ingredient's list. lol It's not a big deal to me because the dab of mayo is very rare. But I am curious if anyone has tried it and how it tastes.
Anyway, I'm well versed in Stillman since I am one of the original Stillman fans when his QWL book first came out. Shoot ... I'm trying to remember when that was. I think either the late 60s or 70s? Yep I was around then. I told you I'm an oldie. lol

Well I'm off to go weigh myself. I keep thinking...today I will stay away from the scales......but I never can. Maybe I'll have the kind of results I want and have a reason to come back here to change my stats. hope hope hope

Highest weight 280 - 1-2007/277;6-2007 213. Fell WAY off the wagon! 3-15-2010 265;5-15 2010/260;7-8/254;7-13/252;7-24/244;3-9-2011/248;4-4-11/250;4-28-2012/233;8-30-12/228; New Start 7-2-2013/248;7-22/242;9-28/235;10-19/224;11-4 /226;11-13/220.5;1-27-2014/219;1-29/217;2-15/216;8-6/233
shenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:10 AM   #689
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenue View Post
I'm well versed in Stillman since I am one of the original Stillman fans when his QWL book first came out. Shoot ... I'm trying to remember when that was. I think either the late 60s or 70s? Yep I was around then. I told you I'm an oldie. lol
I am sooo jealous you saw the great Doc on tv!!!! Thats awesome!! I wonder if I can find anything on the net?!?!

I am a yo-yo dieter too and so far Im not learning. On stillmans, off stillman, on stillmans off... Let's let this be our last round, Shu! Our final goal is successful maintenance!!!

Last edited by aleriaaa; 07-10-2010 at 06:12 AM..
Old 07-10-2010, 06:22 AM   #690
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Today is my 4 month Stillman's Anniversary It has been a relatively easy 4 months (but there WERE several days that I struggled!).

I have lost a total of 49 pounds in those 4 months. I was hoping for 50 but I think my wine tasting birthday still has me retaining water

I love Stillman's for the ease of "what's for dinner" question. Shopping is very quick and easy....and the BEST this is this group!!! Thanks to everyone for their continued support
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote