Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 09:23 AM   #631
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
WOW! One hot sexy supermodel!!!! Thats what it looks like to me!! Gwn - You are amazing!!! it all happened so fast! You must feel like a millon bucks!! Great job!!
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2010, 09:27 AM   #632
Blabbermouth!!!

Gwn- When my meat days were full force, I tried the 70/30 ground beef to get in more fat. Everytime I ate it, I felt sick, had diarrea, and a few times even threw up. I think it was because I wasnt used to that much fat and my body couldnt handle it. How much CO are you taking? did you work your way up slowly? sorry if Im making you repeat.

CO always made me sick the times I tried, but Im one of those people that cant follow the directions. Less does not mean more to me.... thats one more thing I have to work on..
Old 07-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #633
Blabbermouth!!!

i want a sexy water bottle drinking pic too..
Old 07-09-2010, 09:33 AM   #634
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Al, I stopped taking the CO like 5 days ago! I was only up to 1 1/2 tblsp a day. I haven't even taken any probiotics in 3 days now. I don't like feeling this way so yea... I figure, the die off already started, I'm not eating anything that could possibly feed the yeasts and I'm only taking the probiotics when I know I have a day off... We are so short at work right now, I can't risk being so sick I can't work, it would literally mean someone would have to pull a double. The probiotics are strong, but they're not supposed to have anything in them you could be allergic to. IDK. I am thinking I might pick up some yogurt today and try that so I can at least get some good bacteria in... I was just mentioning how I've never eaten yogurt before and it kind of scares me, I've already set myself up thinking I won't like it but at this point, I think I'll cave in and try it... I work 6pm-2am tonight, then have to be back at work 10:30am-9pm tomorrow, and 11-6 on Sunday so I really can't do anything that might make me feel worse...
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)

Last edited by GwnStfni; 07-09-2010 at 09:35 AM..
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:33 AM   #635
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
i want a sexy water bottle drinking pic too..
bahahaha, it really isn't sexy though, and definitely a bad hair day... gotta get those roots touched up next week
Old 07-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #636
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Al, I stopped taking the CO like 5 days ago! I was only up to 1 1/2 tblsp a day. I haven't even taken any probiotics in 3 days now. I don't like feeling this way so yea... I figure, the die off already started, I'm not eating anything that could possibly feed the yeasts and I'm only taking the probiotics when I know I have a day off... We are so short at work right now, I can't risk being so sick I can't work, it would literally mean someone would have to pull a double. The probiotics are strong, but they're not supposed to have anything in them you could be allergic to. IDK. I am thinking I might pick up some yogurt today and try that so I can at least get some good bacteria in... I was just mentioning how I've never eaten yogurt before and it kind of scares me, I've already set myself up thinking I won't like it but at this point, I think I'll cave in and try it... I work 6pm-2am tonight, then have to be back at work 10:30am-9pm tomorrow, and 11-6 on Sunday so I really can't do anything that might make me feel worse...
oh my goodness. I feel so bad. wish I knew what you could do to feel better. I always hated yogurt but love it now. Try not to like it too much!!!

....and your awful work schedule sounds a lot like mine. weekend = ruined...
Old 07-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #637
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Raeleo1234
Stats: 209/209/160
WOE: Atkins
Hi, I am new. I am restarting Atkins. (In the 90s I lost 50 lbs on Atkins). Now, I'm about 20 lbs more than my lowest weight on Atkins.

I would like to try Stillman's (starting sometime next week). I'm a little nervous. Is it hard? Do you get constipated easily? Do you have good success with it? How long have you been on it and how long do you plan on staying on it? As you can tell, I don't know much about it, but I've ordered the book from Amazon today.

Last edited by Raeleo1234; 07-09-2010 at 10:30 AM..
Raeleo1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #638
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hi peeps...just checking in. I'm doing well...down 6lb since I was last here...need to update my stats. Those who know of me will know I recently changed to the South Beach Diet with the veiw of alternating...it has been great but I want to get a couple of Stillman's days in so as of tomorrow I will be cheat free for two days. Hope everyone is doing good...gonna try and catch up with the posts. TTFN.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:36 AM   #639
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeleo1234 View Post
Hi, I am new. I am restarting Atkins. (In the 90s I lost 50 lbs on Atkins). Now, I'm about 20 lbs more than my lowest weight on Atkins.

I would like to try Stillman's (starting sometime next week). I'm a little nervous. Is it hard? Do you get constipated easily? Do you have good success with it? How long have you been on it and how long do you plan on staying on it? As you can tell, I don't know much about it, but I've ordered the book from Amazon today.
Hi Rae! Welcome aboard! I have had great success with Stillmans and it becomes very easy after the first few days. Nothing to think about except eating meat, taking vitamins and wondering where you are gonna buy your next pair of pants because the weight is gonna come off quick!

It's normal to not have a bowel movement for the first few days, and dont be alarmed if you are not regular at times after that.

Some of us have gone weeks on Stillmans, and some of us rotate with other plans. Check out the stickys on the main page. The book is summed up quite nicely.

Im starting over today and you can too!!! So what do ya say?
Old 07-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #640
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi Rae! Welcome aboard! I have had great success with Stillmans and it becomes very easy after the first few days. Nothing to think about except eating meat, taking vitamins and wondering where you are gonna buy your next pair of pants because the weight is gonna come off quick!
Agreed! And
Old 07-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #641
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hi peeps...just checking in. I'm doing well...down 6lb since I was last here...need to update my stats. Those who know of me will know I recently changed to the South Beach Diet with the veiw of alternating...it has been great but I want to get a couple of Stillman's days in so as of tomorrow I will be cheat free for two days. Hope everyone is doing good...gonna try and catch up with the posts. TTFN.
Hi Makeme!!! Im sooooo glad SB is working for ya! Awesome results!!! Just don't tell me about those nuts you are allowed to eat. I am still trying hard to fend off bad food thoughts!!! 6 pounds is great!! woohoo!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #642
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
Agreed! And
says the woman with the awesome jawline.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #643
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:

I personally do not find Stillman's hard to do. Back in 2006 when I lost all of my excess weight, I alternated between Stillman and Lean for Life. I don't lose well on high fat but Stillman figures around 45% fat for me according to ****** because I eat a lot of eggs. The plainer the food the better for me.
This is how I am eating right now. I started Stillman on July 4th and am down 6.6 pounds as of this morning.
B - 2 eggs fried in a dab of coconut oil
L - 2 or 3 HB eggs chopped with one tuna pouch, moistened with a couple of T each of lowfat sour cream and lowfat mayo
D - boiled shrimp with LC ketchup and horseradish
WATER - between 80 - 120 ounces per day in addition to a couple of Diet Cokes.
I don't do snacks but if I am starving a HB egg with a bit of mustard does the trick. I plan on following Stillman until I get down to at least the 150's. I take vitamins morning and evening especially Vitamin C, Potassium, calcium and my Vitamin D supplement in addition to my one a day. No constipation yet. I firmly believe it is essential to have the book to read and refer to daily to keep myself on track. My book is turning yellow it is so old.

Exercise is swimming but not a lot. I just float around and walk in place and swim a few laps daily.

I have been following this thread for quite awhile but this is the first time I have posted to it so forgive me for butting in.

Good luck.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #644
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi adillenal!!! You are doing great too!! Thank you for joining us and sharing your menu! i have been doing a lot of swimming as well.. OK..more floating..but I do like to make whirlpools, so that counts!!
Old 07-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #645
Junior LCF Member

Thanks everyone for the great info. I will start sometime next week (maybe Monday). We have some bacon at home, so I may have bacon for a few days, even though it's not allowed. Hope it doesn't throw me off too much. Do you know if it's ok to have a little lettuce (without dressing) with dinner? Sort of like a lettuce wrap for meat? Thanks!
Old 07-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #646
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the great info. I will start sometime next week (maybe Monday). We have some bacon at home, so I may have bacon for a few days, even though it's not allowed. Hope it doesn't throw me off too much. Do you know if it's ok to have a little lettuce (without dressing) with dinner? Sort of like a lettuce wrap for meat? Thanks!
Lettuce isnt included in QWL, but is ok for the 14 Day plan. Which book did you order?
Old 07-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #647
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi adillenal!!! You are doing great too!! Thank you for joining us and sharing your menu! i have been doing a lot of swimming as well.. OK..more floating..but I do like to make whirlpools, so that counts!!
Thanks for the welcome. I have goofed around the past couple of years and this past year gained all of my weight back because I quit exercising due to a foot problem. Had foot surgery and I am "almost" able to do what I used to do so I am motivated to get the weight back off.
I rely on boiled shrimp a lot and of course that product is going up in price daily so I may have to eat more chicken.

Swimming is great exercise for me since I don't have to put any weight on a compromised foot. Certainly better than doing nothing.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #648
Junior LCF Member

I bought the QWL. Just ordered it today.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #649
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
A quick hi peeps--on way to bed!! Read your posts!!-quickly!!
Im2-you're right-we should love our bodies.
Gwn--when I saw your avi and before I was finished reading your post--I thought wow!! you are one skinny girl!!! well done you!! You look fantastic!!
Welcome to the newbies!
Make me-yay on the loss!!
Al--good girl that you're back! Bad things happen when you're away!
Everyone else hi!! BBL
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #650
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Hey Peeps!

Qwn . .what a wonderful picture of you. My goodness. . I can't believe how great you look . scratch that. . I can believe how great you look . you've worked so hard! The only place I have bones sticking out are my knees and ankles. . Ewww

Hey just wanted to throw out there. .perhaps you do have some sort of allergy or something. I've been taking my Probiotics every day since Monday - nothing! I've also been doing the CO (even though it isn't virgin) and still nothing. . I'm hoping my package comes tomorrow with the real stuff in it . I want to get rid of all the yuckies too and hope I don't get sick. .
Old 07-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #651
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. .this is the fourth computer I tried in the house .. ths one is missing the backspace key. . do you know how many mistakes I keep making cuz I can't back it up. .driving me nuts! We finally got our wireless fixed! Yipppeee. . I missed it. now I can WIFI anywhere. .out in the yard. in the bathtub. . upstairs on the roof! How exciting. . I can carry LCF everywhere!! Hehehe. . I also go tmy new pedometer in the mail yesterday. . once its programmed, I shall resume wiht my 10,000 steps a day challenge. . I love playing games with myself. I wanna eat something good. . so I'm off on a food hunt (Meat of course . )
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #652
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sweet dreams . .Err.. meat dreams, GT!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #653
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shenue
Stats: 280/216/150
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat/Moderate Calories
Has anyone here used Walden Farms "mayo" from Netrition.com? If so, how is it? It is a zero everything "mayo". I have quotes around the word mayo because the list of ingredients is everything but real mayo ingredients. lol Some strange sounding stuff in it. I'd love to know if any of you have used it and how is the flavor? Is it a good substitute for the real thing? Thanks
shenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:10 PM   #654
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Hey Peeps!

Qwn . .what a wonderful picture of you. My goodness. . I can't believe how great you look . scratch that. . I can believe how great you look . you've worked so hard! The only place I have bones sticking out are my knees and ankles. . Ewww

Hey just wanted to throw out there. .perhaps you do have some sort of allergy or something. I've been taking my Probiotics every day since Monday - nothing! I've also been doing the CO (even though it isn't virgin) and still nothing. . I'm hoping my package comes tomorrow with the real stuff in it . I want to get rid of all the yuckies too and hope I don't get sick. .
My co came today. It is so nice to have the good stuff again.
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #655
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gwen, you are a goddess!
Old 07-09-2010, 04:12 PM   #656
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Yam, where are you?
Old 07-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #657
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I have breezed through day 3! It sure feels good! And my grandbabies are back home. I think some celebratory playing on the Wii is in order!
Old 07-09-2010, 04:58 PM   #658
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenue View Post
Has anyone here used Walden Farms "mayo" from Netrition.com? If so, how is it? It is a zero everything "mayo". I have quotes around the word mayo because the list of ingredients is everything but real mayo ingredients. lol Some strange sounding stuff in it. I'd love to know if any of you have used it and how is the flavor? Is it a good substitute for the real thing? Thanks
I have not used the Walden Farms fake mayo but other Walden Farms products I tried I did not care for. The color of the ketchup was enough to make me throw that bottle away.
Wonder how you can make mayo with egg whites and lemon juice?
Old 07-09-2010, 05:04 PM   #659
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: powerless
WOE: Stillmans
groaning.....and climbing back on again!

Fell off and went away from this board for awhile.

I just have to work a bit harder this time. Having a party for DD in 6 weeks exactly. Lots of folks I haven't seen in a couple of years will be here. Will see in the morning what the number is and I'm thinking it might help to put my stats on the side like everyone else is doing. I think I would be very motivational. It is sooooo very nice to see all the names I have come to recognize on this site are still posting.

IM2Fat, Aleriaaa, GwnStfni, Kamills, and everyone else that has been so welcoming.

I had lost 50+ pounds on South Beach a few years ago, and have put it ALL BACK ON PLUS A FEW. I desperately need some acceptance of where I am today and let the past go.

Anyone else suffer with holding onto the past and missing out on the present?
powerless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:06 PM   #660
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: powerless
WOE: Stillmans
Oops....I meant to say "I think it would be motivational for me to see the numbers." Not that I am motivational.
powerless is offline   Reply With Quote