Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
I think sometimes when you have the munchies your body's getting ready to let go of some fat. (I don't have anything to back that up...but it has happened to me in the past) Hormones and stuff make weightloss such an adventure!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
. .I can't figure out why I have the munchies today. . Did my one tble co this morning. .had 2 cups o joe (I know bad but my office is freezing today) .working on one cup of slenderizing tea. . almost finished with my 48 oz water and 1/2 through my 32 oz diet. .(I am weaning off this.. but wanted something today to keep me from EATING). .

OK. hoping posting this works for me. . I wanna have a good weigh day tomorrow..(I decided to give myself a couple of days to work the salt out.. ). .
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2010, 09:44 AM   #572
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Welcome, Shenue! No more holidays for a while, you should be able to get some major loss done before Labor Day!

I'm starting to think there are more people doing my Frankenstein Diet than I would have guessed. I've taken a little bit from a lot of different WOE's over the years, and knock on wood, it's working for me! Gidge, great minds think alike! I'm doing the CAD on my high carb rotation days, and although I do gain 4-5 pounds, it stops there. I was thinking it might be good for maintenance, too! I forgot about the 1/3 thing, and I think that's where I started messing up when I did that diet about 15 years ago. Being allowed doughnuts is a dangerous thing, and I probaly went overboard on the desserts, even though I kept it within the 1 hour window.

Yam, the protein thing is something I am following. I make sure that even if I have a BLT, (bite, lick, or taste) it is not on a stomach that is empty of protein. Lots of research to back this up! It's all about the insulin, after all. Carbs on an empty stomach will spike your insulin and cortisol! Fiber helps mitigate the effect of carbs, too.

There is a lot of good information on this thread!! We might ask for a forum of our own, it could be the "Positive Reinforcement Diet" because all we get here is just THAT! And look how well it works!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:46 AM   #573
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
I make sure that even if I have a BLT, (bite, lick, or taste)
I've been wondering what BLT stands for...thanks!
becky123abc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #574
Senior LCF Member

Yes, EVCO is Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. Some experts say you don't need the "extra" part in there, but that's what Kroger had. IM2, I think all that research may have been coconut oil in general, but thanks for the heads up. If I start gaining of course I will think about losing the VCO. I'm really thinking about not taking it during the QWL days, it really isn't legal during that diet, but I wanted to get rid of the yeastie beasties first.

Speaking of which, my skin is so itchy and has this crawling sensation, which is getting worse since starting the yeast cleanse. I'm racking it up to die-off.

I was so sad last night to see that my Nystatin was expired. It was Jan 2009 that I had asked for it, not this year! See how long it has taken me to work up to yeast attack?? I took some anyway but it's probably no good. I do need some dental work and they like me to take antibiotics, so I could ask my Dr. for some Diflucan, which is always a good thing after antibiotics. Whether I actually take the antibiotic is another story!! Sometimes I "forget" to. I have mitral valve prolapse so maybe I should.

Now for the drum roll: The new scale was at 163 this morning!! That's 2 lbs down after losing 2 yesterday!! This is a new low for me for quite a while! It would have been 158 on the old scale, but I'm happy anyway!
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:54 AM   #575
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Does anyone else think about food 24/7? Lately. .that's all I can do. . waiting for my next meal and wondering what I can eat. Like now. I'm at work. .packed tuna (already ate 1 -zesty lemon pepper. .mmm). .have 2 boiled eggs. .thinking about attacking one or two) and have 20 oz of cooked chicken and planning when i can fit that in. I know when I go home it will be more chicken.. (the 20 oz I packed was overkill but I'm afraid I'll eat it.. ) . .I can't figure out why I have the munchies today. . Did my one tble co this morning. .had 2 cups o joe (I know bad but my office is freezing today) .working on one cup of slenderizing tea. . almost finished with my 48 oz water and 1/2 through my 32 oz diet. .(I am weaning off this.. but wanted something today to keep me from EATING). .

OK. hoping posting this works for me. . I wanna have a good weigh day tomorrow..(I decided to give myself a couple of days to work the salt out.. ). .
The only time I obsess about food, in "what's my next meal gonna be" sort of way, is when I'm NOT on low carb! Love being in ketosis. Maybe you're just having one of those days... I think we all do... Or are you saying you have them frequently? Usually with that obsessing over the planning of my next meal, while eating my current meal, I am consumed with guilt too... It's really a vicious cycle when I am not low carbing... Like I spend all day looking forward to having ice cream that night, think about it all day long, but at the same time, am riddled with guilt over knowing I'm going to eat it, etc. Ugh.
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #576
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I've been wondering what BLT stands for...thanks!
mmm... I would love a bite of a real BLT right now! Fresh tomatoes in the garden and DH is enjoying MASSIVE quantities of BLT's!! I did steal a few bites of tomato salad last night, made with Bragg's ACV and olive oil, and fresh basil.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #577
Senior LCF Member

One more thing and I'll stop the page-hogging.

I hate Wii Fit Plus. Got on last night and after all I've lost it makes my Mii look down at her belly with a clunky little tune and it says "that's obese."

I love Wii Fit Plus. It told me last night that I have achieved my goal of 30 lbs since Christmas! It made me set a new goal. I chose 20 lbs in 6 months, and I hope I can do better than that, because the first 6 months I did. I know it's harder to lose when you get close to goal, though. Also, I noticed I have only a couple pounds to lose before I'm not "obese" and just "overweight."

Speaking of goals, when I started Stillman's back in April, it was because I wanted to lose twenty pounds by July 14 so I could go on that mission trip with my daughter. I did back out of that, thinking that it would be foolish to raise another $3k when I'm unemployed, but I didn't back out of the losing commitment. I don't know why this makes me happy, but it does! I still wish I could go with her to Ukraine and London. She's just a baby after all, not quite 18.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #578
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Quote:
Yes, EVCO is Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. Some experts say you don't need the "extra" part in there, but that's what Kroger had. IM2, I think all that research may have been coconut oil in general, but thanks for the heads up. If I start gaining of course I will think about losing the VCO. I'm really thinking about not taking it during the QWL days, it really isn't legal during that diet, but I wanted to get rid of the yeastie beasties first.

Speaking of which, my skin is so itchy and has this crawling sensation, which is getting worse since starting the yeast cleanse. I'm racking it up to die-off.

I was so sad last night to see that my Nystatin was expired. It was Jan 2009 that I had asked for it, not this year! See how long it has taken me to work up to yeast attack?? I took some anyway but it's probably no good. I do need some dental work and they like me to take antibiotics, so I could ask my Dr. for some Diflucan, which is always a good thing after antibiotics. Whether I actually take the antibiotic is another story!! Sometimes I "forget" to. I have mitral valve prolapse so maybe I should.

Now for the drum roll: The new scale was at 163 this morning!! That's 2 lbs down after losing 2 yesterday!! This is a new low for me for quite a while! It would have been 158 on the old scale, but I'm happy anyway!
Awesome! Now change those stats!
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #579
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I think sometimes when you have the munchies your body's getting ready to let go of some fat. (I don't have anything to back that up...but it has happened to me in the past) Hormones and stuff make weightloss such an adventure!!
I agree, on my worst hunger and cravings days, I usually see a loss the next day. Hang in there, IM2, you are getting set for a whoosh!!

Maybe the VCO and ACV are working, I'm not nearly as obsessed with food as I usually am! It is an obsession, you are not alone. Gwn, maybe you killed your yeast and that's why you don't crave? I do think about food all the time.:blush: I love food, especially carbs and especially sweets! They don't love me back, they make me FAT!

I had a nightmare last night that my huge butt accidentally knocked over a priceless work of art. Wierd thing was, it was at a Goodwill store. I have gained so much that I don't realize how far my butt and thighs stick out, so this was a very realistic dream! Aside from the location of said artwork...

Shunammite, I wish I had YOUR dream of the carrot cake! I definitely would have hit "snooze!"
Old 07-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #580
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gidge&Jazzie
Stats: 190/190/130
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 7/05/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunammite View Post
Yes, I know about that book, I used to have a copy - I had the original Stillman's and Atkins too - threw them away I guess (or my husband did!), guess I thought I'd never need them again.

Now I know - I need every trick I can get! I don't think I could lose weight with that addict plan, but I think it might be a good way to maintain, for me, as I am so busy during break and lunch, I don't care WHAT I eat, lol, but I think dinner would be nice if it could be more like what other people eat.

I did have a plain hamburger, excess fat squeezed out, on a good small bun, with sliced celery, radishes, and a little raw spinach - me and my "pretty plates" lol - for dinner last night - one thing about sticking to a strict diet, how much you APPRECIATE what you usually don't eat - it was WONDERFUL - it wasn't the hamburger bun that did me in, it was 4 glasses of wine and "who's counting" hors d'oevres at those three cocktail hours lol - but back on Stillman today and GLAD - I really FEEL BETTER without carbs - they make me sluggish. Longterm I will still keep the refined ones minimal, or special occasions, maybe once a week out to dinner or something.
Wine is my downfall too- especially on weekends. If I have a glass or two I will have a piece of bread or dessert. Inhibition goes right out the window.
Gidge&Jazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #581
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth Sch
Stats: (130 B4 Preggers, Then 250Hypoth/?/125) 5'10 Tall
WOE: Stillman's/Atkin's :)
Start Date: Dec. 1, 02/ Re-induced Jan. 2, 04
Christine! Don't take Diflucan, it's toxic to your liver. Just use the Nystatin if you want to use a medicine for yeast. Do a google on Dif. It's pretty scarey.

I know I sound like a NORM when it comes to this Yeast stuff, but I was so sick for months and I had to learn how to heal myself.

IM, just taking the Probiotics won't do much for your yeast if you have it. On the healing herbs web site this woman has worked with Yeast for 30 yrs. She has a list of some of the herbs that kill the Yeast.

Here's a few
GARLIC
PAU'DE ARCO TEA OR PILLS
OIL OF OREGANO
OLIVE LEAF OIL
COCONUT OIL
ACV
BLACK WALNUT
The list goes on and on. Be careful with the Psyllium Husks they can really make you bloat out. If you take Psy. take cranberry pills with it. I know it sounds like a lot but get to that site and you will know what to do

IM as far as the CO debate you're having, yes, it's a Sat Fat but it's a medium chain fatty acid that actually increases metabolism. It binds with the thyroid gland at the cellular level and does something that boosts met. Start out taking 2 tsp a day and go from there. No need to FORCE FEED YOURSELF CO OR ANYOTHER FAT. Taking Cod liver oil/Omega 3 FAcids is also very benefitical for the integrity of the cell membrane. There isn't a MAGIC BULLET WITH YEAST OR ANYOTHER THING. Slow and steady wins the race with health and everything else.

Hope this helps

Hugs
B

Last edited by Beth Sch; 07-08-2010 at 12:38 PM..
Beth Sch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #582
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gidge&Jazzie
Stats: 190/190/130
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 7/05/10
Quote:
One way to get some benefits from coconut oil without worrying about its
cardiac effects is to rub it on your skin.
I rub it into my skin every morning before my shower. I let it soak as I brush my teeth and then I rinse it off because its VERY greasy. But, it actually makes the skin around my eyes appear thicker, and the rest of my skin is very soft. (also everyone is shocked when I tell them I'm 34!)
Gidge&Jazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #583
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi peeps! Just saying hi! My Mum is with me for the weekend so I don't really have time to post! I quickly read thru the thread!!
Christine and Sharon---congrats on the losses--and belated Happy Birthday Sharon!
Gwn-glad you enjoyed the salad--had a tuna one for dinner myself too!!
Kamills--re the posting--join the club!!!! And yay on the job. I've just put on a St.Tropez tan and am waiting for it to dry--oh yeah sitting on the bathroom floor typing!!!!
Im2 and everyone else hi!!! BBL
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #584
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwnStfni View Post
The only time I obsess about food, in "what's my next meal gonna be" sort of way, is when I'm NOT on low carb! Love being in ketosis. Maybe you're just having one of those days... I think we all do... Or are you saying you have them frequently? Usually with that obsessing over the planning of my next meal, while eating my current meal, I am consumed with guilt too... It's really a vicious cycle when I am not low carbing... Like I spend all day looking forward to having ice cream that night, think about it all day long, but at the same time, am riddled with guilt over knowing I'm going to eat it, etc. Ugh.
O girl, me too! I don't obsess when I'm on plan, I love being able to eat! I never overeat OP and sometimes I get to the kitchen and lose interest. Before starting Stills it was what can I eat 24/7. And the guilt all the time, too.

Another thing I noticed is that everything off plan except veggies gives me wicked heartburn...another reason to stay away.
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #585
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I've just put on a St.Tropez tan and am waiting for it to dry--oh yeah sitting on the bathroom floor typing!!!!
new meaning to the term library used in place of the bathroom.......you kill me girl

Have fun with Mum!

Christine and Sharon WTG!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #586
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

just in...

"Study: Higher-protein diets support weight loss, but may lower bone
density in postmenopausal women," (Purdue University news release via
Eurekalert [American Association for the Advancement of Science], Jul. 6,
2010).
Purdue Newsroom — Study: Higher-protein diets support weight loss, but may lower bone density in postmenopausal women

"It is important to note that these two studies were relatively short, nine to 12 weeks, so studies to evaluate how protein intakes impact body composition and bone beyond the period of active weight loss would be helpful."

The National Pork Board supported the first study, and the second study was supported by National Institutes of Health and the Beef Checkoff program, though the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #587
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
Quote:

I had a nightmare last night that my huge butt accidentally knocked over a priceless work of art. Wierd thing was, it was at a Goodwill store. I have gained so much that I don't realize how far my butt and thighs stick out, so this was a very realistic dream! Aside from the location of said artwork...

Shunammite, I wish I had YOUR dream of the carrot cake! I definitely would have hit "snooze!"
if your butt can sniff out priceless artwork. .I wanna go shopping with you!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #588
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Sch View Post
do

IM as far as the CO debate you're having, yes, it's a Sat Fat but it's a medium chain fatty acid that actually increases metabolism. It binds with the thyroid gland at the cellular level and does something that boosts met. Start out taking 2 tsp a day and go from there. No need to FORCE FEED YOURSELF CO OR ANYOTHER FAT. Taking Cod liver oil/Omega 3 FAcids is also very benefitical for the integrity of the cell membrane. There isn't a MAGIC BULLET WITH YEAST OR ANYOTHER THING. Slow and steady wins the race with health and everything else.

Hope this helps

Hugs
B
Thanks B. . I am definately going to give it a round or two once I receive my virgin oil. . I currently do Flax Seed every day. . will that interfer. I do take a cocktail of vitamins already. .
Old 07-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #589
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Christine and Sharon---congrats on the losses--and belated Happy Birthday Sharon!
Im2 and everyone else hi!!! BBL
I do weird stuff on the bathroom floor too..
Old 07-08-2010, 03:50 PM   #590
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Worked late .. got home. . = no one grilled the chicken . .

I'm actually hungry, too. .I sure hope that is a true sign of a woosh or perhaps its carb withdrawal. .Who knows but either way. . I Wanna eat and I wanna eat now. . I'm logged in hoping the feeling will pass but its not. ..
Old 07-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #591
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OO. .. Al . .where for art tho? Please check in. .
Old 07-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #592
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. .you guys forced me to go lurk on other sites. .I'll check in later
Old 07-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #593
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

O IM you are on a roll........I can see it now at goodwill.....'Priceless art? My a$$!'

Old 07-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #594
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Important Women's Health Issue:

* Do you have feelings of inadequacy?
* Do you suffer from shyness?
* Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?
* Do you suffer exhaustion from the day to day grind?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, ask your doctor or
pharmacist about Margaritas.

Margaritas are the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident
about yourself and your actions. Margaritas can help ease you out of your
shyness and let you tell the world that you're ready and willing to do
just about anything. You will notice the benefits of Margaritas almost
immediately and with a regiment of regular doses you can overcome any
obstacles that prevent you from living the life you want to live.

Shyness and awkwardness will be a thing of the past and you will discover
many talents you never knew you had. Stop hiding and start living, with
Margaritas.

Margaritas may not be right for everyone. Women who are pregnant or
nursing should not use Margaritas. However, women who wouldn't mind
nursing or becoming pregnant are encouraged to try it.

Side effects may include:
- Dizziness
- Nausea
- Vomiting
- Incarceration
- Erotic lustfulness
- Loss of motor control
- Loss of clothing
- Loss of money
- Loss of virginity
- Table dancing
- Headache
- Dehydration
- Dry mouth
- And a desire to sing Karaoke

WARNINGS:
* The consumption of Margaritas may make you think you are whispering when
you are not.
* The consumption of Margaritas may cause you to tell your friends over
and over again that you love them.
* The consumption of Margaritas may cause you to think you can sing.
* The consumption of Margaritas may make you think you can logically
converse with members of the opposite sex without spitting.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #595
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Oh! I need one! Or six! It is sure to cure what ails me! Hope my prescription plan covers them!
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #596
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCGirl View Post
O IM you are on a roll........I can see it now at goodwill.....'Priceless art? My a$$!'

you can say that again!
Old 07-08-2010, 04:55 PM   #597
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
Oh! I need one! Or six! It is sure to cure what ails me! Hope my prescription plan covers them!
I'm right there with ya . gotta check how much I have left in my flex plan. .
Old 07-08-2010, 04:55 PM   #598
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

So, I fixed dinner and sat down to eat and wasn't really hungry. I ate a bit, left the table and suddenly am starving! I will eat more but it is really odd.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #599
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey. .

Remember my friend who was diagnosed with Breast Cancer? Well. .she just finished her second Chemo treatment and her hair was already falling out in clumps. .so she had to shave it. . Even through all that is happening, she still has a sense of humor about the whole thing. She went out and bought black dreadlocks and has been sporting those this week. .Poor gal. . I wish I would have saved some of my fake hair to give to her. . I guess we could have it worse, peeps! I have to remember that. . and learn to love the body I've been blessed with. .so far it hasn't let me down! it gets me up every morning and puts me to bed every night. . It gave me 4 beautiful children and it works overtime most days. . Yep. .I have to say thank you for what I have!

Last edited by IM2fat; 07-08-2010 at 04:59 PM..
Old 07-08-2010, 05:07 PM   #600
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey. .

Remember my friend who was diagnosed with Breast Cancer? Well. .she just finished her second Chemo treatment and her hair was already falling out in clumps. .so she had to shave it. . Even through all that is happening, she still has a sense of humor about the whole thing. She went out and bought black dreadlocks and has been sporting those this week. .Poor gal. . I wish I would have saved some of my fake hair to give to her. . I guess we could have it worse, peeps! I have to remember that. . and learn to love the body I've been blessed with. .so far it hasn't let me down! it gets me up every morning and puts me to bed every night. . It gave me 4 beautiful children and it works overtime most days. . Yep. .I have to say thank you for what I have!
It also reminds me to take good care of this body - something I haven't been doing but am doing now.