Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 08:23 PM   #541
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerizing View Post
I sauteed my chicken tenders in the EVCO today, and put Cajun spice on it. DH raved about it and wanted to know how I fixed it!! Snickers the dog licked out the pan, he loves CO! Fabuloso!
I made my scrambled eggs in it yesterday and they were the best eggs I ever had!! Oh, and I measured one TBLSP into the pan, scraped it from the measuring spoon into the pan and licked my fingers!

This morning I tried a teaspoon in my coffee. It tasted awesome, but I had a hard time with seeing the oil floating in my coffee (cos fat floats, like me in a swimming pool! ha!() I did get used to it though.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2010, 03:19 AM   #542
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gidge&Jazzie
Stats: 190/190/130
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 7/05/10
Day 4 Newbie

Morning everyone,

I just woke up and I dreamed I was at a wedding cake tasting! I sitting at a table covered in different cakes and the waiter was handing me forkfuls faster than I could swallow them! LOL I guess my body craves sugar bigtime.

I hit the snooze bar btw. I had to - I was eating my favorite- carrot cake!
Gidge&Jazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:21 AM   #543
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shunammite
Stats: 165/155/135
WOE: past Atkins, custom, now CAD
Start Date: this time April 2012
Here to confess sins - but really it was hard to do better - I had lost 12 lbs during a month of first Atkins then Stillman's - and now in 4 days GAINED BACK FIVE!!!! GRRRR! However, I was at a fancy bed and breakfast, with these elaborate breakfasts that were like dinner parties, and also "wine and cheese" every evening - I have no real regrets, I'll drop it right back off. I still think - I will be able to maintain - eating a reasonable "normal" evening meal but stick to Stillman's breakfast and lunch - we will see - got to drop 12 more pounds before I start "maintaining" though. However, THREE "normal meals" a day plus a cocktail hour are probably not going to work for me, lol.
shunammite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:09 AM   #544
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gidge&Jazzie
Stats: 190/190/130
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: 7/05/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunammite View Post
Here to confess sins - but really it was hard to do better - I had lost 12 lbs during a month of first Atkins then Stillman's - and now in 4 days GAINED BACK FIVE!!!! GRRRR! However, I was at a fancy bed and breakfast, with these elaborate breakfasts that were like dinner parties, and also "wine and cheese" every evening - I have no real regrets, I'll drop it right back off. I still think - I will be able to maintain - eating a reasonable "normal" evening meal but stick to Stillman's breakfast and lunch - we will see - got to drop 12 more pounds before I start "maintaining" though. However, THREE "normal meals" a day plus a cocktail hour are probably not going to work for me, lol.
There is a book called "The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet" that has a plan exactly like what you describe. The only catch is that the evening meal must last no longer than 1 hour. Also the evening meal must be 1/3meat 1/3 vegetables and 1/3 carbohydrate. Weight loss is slow but steady at 1-3 lbs a week, but it seems maintainable for the long term.

I'm thinking of doing that myself when the majority of my excess weight is off as a transition into maintenance.

Good Luck!
Gidge&Jazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:12 AM   #545
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Just wanted to pop in and say Good Morning and thank you for all the info on CO.. I did end up ordering some yesterday so I will attack the mail man every day until I get it. I need the booste. I think I'm on day 4 of my probiotics and haven't felt any different yet and weight is still within the same range. I guess I am waiting for Gwn to catch up. .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:13 AM   #546
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been taking my CO (the stuff I have) diluted in either diet or water as a straight shot followed by a chaser. . Can't say it is my favorite thing to do.. but if it works. .I'm willing and able!
Old 07-08-2010, 05:17 AM   #547
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mim
Stats: too much/not as much/150
WOE: primal Stillmans!
Start Date: March 13, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Mim: I got all fired up when I read the book and after using my wrist weights on my ankles (only 3 lbs) for a week, I broke down and went to the webside she recommends and bought the ones with the pockets and weights. I gradually worked my way up to 20 pounds on each ankle! And, I was really seeing results! The muscles in my thighs were rockin, and my butt firmed up too. My pants actually got baggy in the butt and thighs! I loved it.

Gotta work my way back.

The cool thing with her program is that it's not that difficult to increase the weights a pound or two every week. So you can progress quickly and it's easy to do it 3 times a week because it only takes 20 to 30 minutes to do the whole routine.

I had 5 pound weights I got at Wal-Mart, just the cheapie kind. I went out and bought 10 pound ones. Then before I knew it I was doing 20 pounds with each hand! She recommends that women don't go over 20 pounds each hand with free weights and 20 pounds each ankle with the ankle weights. And she says NEVER walk around in the ankle weights.

So, I took all of her advice and got fantastic results.

Now I'm just starting out again because I have not exercised in weeks and I don't want to injure myself. But, muscles have memory! Yay for that. And they start to rebuild almost immediately when you start doing resistance training.

Let's keep each other posted, OK?

Oh!!! just had an idea. I think I will take my measurements tomorrow so I can see my progress. If I remember. lol.

Hey all:

So, for eating today I had a protein/fiber/greet tea/Co shake for a mid-morning breakfast. Couldn't drink it all because it's very filling. Finished it about lunch time!

Drank 2 quarts of green iced tea.

Something about green tea kills my appetite! Gonna drink it every day for sure.

DH worked late and then came home and BBQ'd Ball Park all-beef franks. I had one on a whole wheat tortilla that has 8 grams of fiber.

So, only one tablespoon of coconut oil today.

Tomorrow I start hard core QWL, except I will do the coconut oil (hopefully 3 tbl per day) and maybe psyllium husks??

What do you all think? Will I still get fast weight loss results??
Yam, I think I have found my long lost, seperated at birth twin! We have done this in the same way. I love my ankle weight and am looking forward to getting the other one. I left most of my weights when I moved so will have to add the hand helds as I go along. I have 8 pounds and 10 pounds here, so it will be a few weeks before I need to buy any more.

I'm going to take upper arm measurement before tomorrow.

I'll do Strong Women every other day. How often are you doing it?
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:23 AM   #548
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I finally feel like I've got it! You know - the drive, committment, desire to make the journey. I changed my stats and starting date. I started yesterday. I consider all the other starts just failed experiments. I have the right formula now.

I ordered Garden of Life CO from netrition. I ordered several jars and some sf DaVinci, cause I'm almost out of the syrup and sometimes use it in shakes.

IM - right now I've got a pretty tasteless CO that I bought at the grocery store. It isn't virgin, but it doesn't have any trans fat and is 100% co, so I figured it was better than nothing until the other comes. When it comes, I'll use what I have in my shampoo and on my skin.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:26 AM   #549
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post

Has anyone read "Women Food and God"? Have I already asked that many moons ago and then was not around for the answer? I heard the author on Oprah and stumbled on the book in an airport. Very wonderfully written and I have to really meditate on some of the phraseology.

Would love to chat with someone about it if you read it or are reading it! What did you like, what did you learn, was it hard for you to take, was it personal and could you relate to the author.....etc....etc.....etc.....
I have it but haven't started it yet. I'll get to it in a few days.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:28 AM   #550
Mim
Major LCF Poster!

I have hungry grandbabies, so I guess I have to go feed them! I wanna stay here though and play!
Old 07-08-2010, 05:37 AM   #551
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
I'm not sure what is going on with the internet, this site or my computer, but I had written several posts the last couple of days and not one has shown up!

So to summarize: to all the new listmates - very happy to have you all here!

Congratulations to all the "losers" It really is exciting to see us all inching closer to our goals.

Yam - YAY you're back! missed you!!

Gwn - Sorry you had to experience the perversion of human nature - I hope whoever it was is caught!

I'm not sure if I will have time to go back and catch up on posts but I will try. If I missed saying welcome or congrats to you I'm sorry.....
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:41 AM   #552
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: swebb
Stats: 253/251
Start Date: 03/10/2010 RESTART 08/01/11RERESTART 2/21/13
Yesterday I changed my stats to a new low 5 year low for me BUT - it was also my birthday and my husband took me wine tasting for the day - yes, there was bread (in very small amounts) involved and then we went for wings (and blue cheese dressing).

Needless to say, I did not get in all my water and today the scale was up 2 pounds and I am feeling the years!!

Back on plan today and I know I will make my goal on the 10th.
swebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:17 AM   #553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Good morning losers!

Shu-I betcha that weight is mostly salt-start hammering water and it will pass soon! You too, Sharon!

I have no idea what life on maintenance will be like, except probably following Al's lead and take it one day at a time. I do know it will be low carb for life.

Gidge, I picked up an old paper copy of the Carb Addict Diet but I haven't read any yet. Maybe it's the key to life after losing?
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:29 AM   #554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CCGirl
Stats: 200/155/140 5'8"
WOE: Paleo w/dairy
Start Date: 4-15-2010
Colorado Firm Recalls Bison Products Due to Possible E. Coli O157:H7 Contamination
Wed, 07 Jul 2010 18:35:06 -0500

Rocky Mountain Natural Meats, a Henderson, Colo. establishment, is recalling approximately 66,776 pounds of ground and tenderized steak bison products. (The recall release issued July 2, 2010 was reissued to include approximately 776 additional pounds of bison products that were distributed to a firm in Nevada for further processing.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:37 AM   #555
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mim View Post
IM - right now I've got a pretty tasteless CO that I bought at the grocery store. It isn't virgin, but it doesn't have any trans fat and is 100% co, so I figured it was better than nothing until the other comes. When it comes, I'll use what I have in my shampoo and on my skin.
Mine is probably the same stuff so I thought I would do the same thing with mine. .considering I just got a perm. .I need all the help i can get with my hair.. (It is easier, tho so I'm not complaining too loudly. .)
Old 07-08-2010, 06:39 AM   #556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swebb View Post
Yesterday I changed my stats to a new low 5 year low for me BUT - it was also my birthday and my husband took me wine tasting for the day - yes, there was bread (in very small amounts) involved and then we went for wings (and blue cheese dressing).

Needless to say, I did not get in all my water and today the scale was up 2 pounds and I am feeling the years!!

Webb! you deserved a little fun! Now back on plan. .we are holding you to it. .I wanna see more lows!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:40 AM   #557
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm not sure what is going on with the internet, this site or my computer, but I had written several posts the last couple of days and not one has shown up!

So to summarize: to all the new listmates - very happy to have you all here!

Congratulations to all the "losers" It really is exciting to see us all inching closer to our goals.

Yam - YAY you're back! missed you!!

Gwn - Sorry you had to experience the perversion of human nature - I hope whoever it was is caught!

I'm not sure if I will have time to go back and catch up on posts but I will try. If I missed saying welcome or congrats to you I'm sorry.....
I was having the same problem, Webb.. I thought if I logged in and off, they would show up but no such luck! Perhaps we get cut off after posting too many words!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:42 AM   #558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I have that book, too but its collecting dust on my bookshelf. I've read her other one on food addiction and it was pretty interesting. .I am an obsessed woman. .books and food!!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:49 AM   #559
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kamills
Stats: 229/202/165 6'1
Start Date: May 18th 2010
Hi peeps!

I've been catching up with your posts. I don't know where I got to, it looks like we're being monitored in here, cause I had two of my posts deleted. Must control my language.

I'm having a great day today. I'm not eating veggies today, so it's just protein, and low fat dairy for me (and olive oil, but I think that's good for me). The temperature is better too.

I had two interviews this morning, and both went really well. They both wanted to employ me! I start with one on Monday, so I'm sweet for summer. I'm going to El Prado museum with a friend this afternoon. And then off to Valencia tomorrow for the weekend. I bought some fake tan, and I'm going to have to face facts that some skin will be on show.

Ok folks, hope you're all having a good day. BBL
kamills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:42 AM   #560
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidge&Jazzie View Post
There is a book called "The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet" that has a plan exactly like what you describe. The only catch is that the evening meal must last no longer than 1 hour. Also the evening meal must be 1/3meat 1/3 vegetables and 1/3 carbohydrate. Weight loss is slow but steady at 1-3 lbs a week, but it seems maintainable for the long term.

I'm thinking of doing that myself when the majority of my excess weight is off as a transition into maintenance.

Good Luck!
Yes, I know about that book, I used to have a copy - I had the original Stillman's and Atkins too - threw them away I guess (or my husband did!), guess I thought I'd never need them again.

Now I know - I need every trick I can get! I don't think I could lose weight with that addict plan, but I think it might be a good way to maintain, for me, as I am so busy during break and lunch, I don't care WHAT I eat, lol, but I think dinner would be nice if it could be more like what other people eat.

I did have a plain hamburger, excess fat squeezed out, on a good small bun, with sliced celery, radishes, and a little raw spinach - me and my "pretty plates" lol - for dinner last night - one thing about sticking to a strict diet, how much you APPRECIATE what you usually don't eat - it was WONDERFUL - it wasn't the hamburger bun that did me in, it was 4 glasses of wine and "who's counting" hors d'oevres at those three cocktail hours lol - but back on Stillman today and GLAD - I really FEEL BETTER without carbs - they make me sluggish. Longterm I will still keep the refined ones minimal, or special occasions, maybe once a week out to dinner or something.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:59 AM   #561
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here's something my sissy poo (in law) sent me.. What do you guys think? Who knows what to believe anymore?

Coconut Oil Side Effects
Effortless weight loss sounds good, but is it really effortless if you're
sick to your stomach every day? Nausea and vomiting seem to be common among
those who take several daily tablespoons of coconut oil, the recommended
medicinal dose among promoters [source: Coconut Connections].

Coconut Oil and HIV
Some promoters claim that coconut oil is such a powerful antiviral agent
that it can even help in the treatment of HIV [source: Minnesota Wellness
Directory]. Sadly, this doesn't seem to be anything more than wishful
thinking.

Just one tablespoon of coconut oil has more than 13 grams of fat. Four
tablespoons will give you almost the entire U.S. recommended maximum daily
intake of fat. And coconut oil has the highest saturated fat of any oil --
10 times the saturated fat of olive oil, for example. So it may not be
surprising that no clinical studies have actually documented a connection
between coconut oil and weight loss [source: Mayo Clinic].

Coconut defenders say this doesn't matter for two reasons. First, coconut
oil contains medium-chain triglycerides, which are easier to process than
long-chain fatty acids are. Second, they say, the only proof that coconut
oil is bad for you comes from a decades-old study that was flawed and used
partially hydrogenated oil, which contains trans fats. Most coconut oil on
the market now is virgin (cold-pressed) oil [source: Babcock]. Even the
defenders of coconut oil warn against consuming non-virgin oil, which is
partially hydrogenated.

If the coconut-oil defenders are correct, then great -- coconuts and
saturated fat for everyone! But if they're not, then a coconut-oil regimen
could do some serious damage to your heart health. And it won't take long to
do it. One study found that people on coconut-oil diets showed higher
arterial fat just hours after one meal [source: Tsang]. Prominent doctor
Andrew Weil notes coconut oil's potentially damaging effects on blood
cholesterol and opines that, unless more research can demonstrate its good
health effects, you shouldn't use it [source: Weil]. Plus, if all that fat
doesn't reduce your total caloric intake, it could actually lead to weight
gain [source: Mayo Clinic].

One way to get some benefits from coconut oil without worrying about its
cardiac effects is to rub it on your skin.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:02 AM   #562
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yam, I think I have found my long lost, seperated at birth twin! We have done this in the same way. I love my ankle weight and am looking forward to getting the other one. I left most of my weights when I moved so will have to add the hand helds as I go along. I have 8 pounds and 10 pounds here, so it will be a few weeks before I need to buy any more.

I'm going to take upper arm measurement before tomorrow.

I'll do Strong Women every other day. How often are you doing it?
Hey Mimsie!

Love you, too!!! Yay! Yes, I'm going to do Strong Women every other day. Will be doing it this morning and I'm so happy to have my room set up and ready to go!

There is one other workout that works really, really well for me. It's Jorge Cruise's 12 Second Sequence. I bought the DVD. It's a 20 minute workout that he only wants you to do 2 times per week. The results are super fast and I'm going to start that next week on two of the days that I do Strong Women. I figure I'll spend 30 minutes on SW and 20 on 12 second...that's less than an hour and so worth it. He wants you to take off two or three days in between. There are only 4 reps for each exercise.

But you do need a swiss ball (I have one from the physical therapy I had after my back injury) and something like a broomstick for one of the moves.

I'll report in after my workout today. I'm also going to hit the elliptical and do at least 30 minutes.

Was thinking of trying to do the elliptical while wearing my FIT-FLOPS. They really give my legs a workout. I wore them all the time in Venice.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 07-08-2010, 08:04 AM   #563
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidge&Jazzie View Post
Hello All,

I woke up this morning and I am feeling GREAT! I am avoiding the scales until I feel brave enough to face them, but I definately feel thinner and less bloated today and its almost TOM so I am especially excited to feel lighter.

Thank you all for your posts they keep me so motivated!

Currently eating tuna with 1/2tsp mustard 1/2tsp Walden Farms no fat no carb no cal "mayo" - not bad!

Make it a great day guys!
This board is so active, hard to keep up with people - and I'm new too - but I happened on your first couple of posts - you seemed a little discouraged - I wondered if you were able to get going - I searched - AND YAY YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!

The hardest part is OVER, really - once you see you can feel FINE on the diet, and after the first day or so - you are not hungry - and the weight WILL COME OFF - fits and starts maybe, but it will go down if you "obey".

For me - if something special comes - and I go off the wagon for a day - or even longer - as long as I start fresh in the morning the next day, it is not hard for me to get back in the groove - you mentioned being off and hoping "back in the grind" would be easier - it is, for me. Routine days are easy days - and fortunately, most days ARE "routine".

I am wishing you much success, and I believe you will find it! This is really a nice place to encourage - and get encouragement, too!

Sometimes even if I have been good - the scales seem stuck - just keep on going and look again a day or two later - I have gotten tough enough to face the scales every morning - it hurts a little when they have not gone down - or worse, seem to go up - but it seems to me I remain faithful to my commitment better if I face the music first thing every morning.

And you know, even five pounds down is great - it makes a difference, in how you feel, how your clothes look - I am recovering (well I may not recover any further, it hurts like h*ck most of the time now nearly 5 months out) from a broken ankle - I noticed how much harder it is to walk carrying a couple of jugs of milk - about 10 pounds - then put them down and float like a butterfly sting like a bee lol - so you don't have to lose a hundred pounds to feel A LOT BETTER. But - if you can lose ten, and know how you did it, you can be in charge of your diet and your life - and get to where you want/need to be.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:13 AM   #564
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh, Yay! Let's talk about it, OK? I usually breeze through books. This one makes me think too much and I have to put it down and chew on it and get really introspective for a while before I pick it up again.

I looked on the Net last night for any blogs or book clubs about it. One comment I read several times is that some women put the book down when she says something about God being whoever YOU think god is. They get very offended. You know, that kind of philosophy turns me off, too. But it does not mean there is not truth in many of her words. She is evolving, obviously, because she regrets some of the things she has said in other books -- like blaming her parents for all her problems!!!

But, I hope if there is something she says that you disagree with, you will keep reading anyway. I never agree 100% with everything any author (or talk show host, philosopher, psychologist, Doctor...says!!! I am very opinionated! lol.) There is so much meat and depth and even beauty in some of the concepts she presents and I really want to talk to someone about it!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 08:19 AM   #565
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunammite View Post
I really FEEL BETTER without carbs - they make me sluggish. Longterm I will still keep the refined ones minimal, or special occasions, maybe once a week out to dinner or something.
Hi Shu! Me too!! I really feel better when I restrict carbs. Much less hungry. I'm ready to get that feeling back.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:45 AM   #566
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2: Interesting article. Thanks for posting that. I went to Doctor Oz's site but could not find anything there about coconut oil. Does anyone know what he thinks??

From reading that article and others, I still think there is a huge difference between hydrogenated CO and the cold pressed virgin CO.

I'm going to keep reading as much as I can about it.

So far for me, it's doing all the good stuff people have reported. I have some rough patches on my skin and after applying it for only 2 days, they disappeared. And they have been there for months and I've used all kinds of creams and lotions!

I agree about the calorie intake thing. One TBLSP of VCO has 130 calories. So, you need to think about that.

At the fitness camp I went to, they drummed it into our heads that you should have a formula for calorie intake. As women, each of our 3 main meals should be roughly 300-350 calories. Each. Every day we should have 3 to 4 snacks. Each snack should average 100 calories, give or take.

Every time you eat, you should have protein with whatever else you have. So, if you have a few nuts (fats) you should also have something like a slice of turkey, or a little part skim mozzerella cheese. Never, never eat without protein. The calories will be stored as fat. You can eat protein alone, but don't eat carbs or fat without eating protein at the same time.

Oh, and NEVER eat more than 500 calories at one sitting. Our bodies cannot process it all at once and will store what it can't process as fat. Just think about that! The times we have had a big fast food or Mexican food meal that maybe equals 1200 or more calories??? Everything past 500 is immediately stored as fat!!!!! "Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars..." lol. Just go right to my BUTT and BELLY and THIGHS. Thank you very much!!!

It really makes sense to me and these weeks that I've been on a vacation from QWL I have at least kept those guidelines loosely in mind. Though I have not stuck to them religiously. But I think that's why I have maintained my 20 lb. loss all this time.....through Venice, the wine country of Sonoma....D.C.....my family's cooking in PA!!!!! Yikes!!! ....and the week of having all my kids and grandies here and cooking and baking all day every day!!! And tasting and overeating!!!!!

Anyway, I thought that was helpful. When I've been making my protein shakes, I estimate and add up all the calories. 100 for the whey protein powder, 20 for the fiber, 130 for the coconut oil, about 40 for 3 frozen strawberries. ....then I add cinnamon, a little lemon juice, maybe some apple cider vinegar and green tea and ice. It's really good and filling, but still....under or about 300 calories.

Cooked my eggs in VCO the other day. About 60 calories per egg (2) and 130 for the VCO. Very satisfying and I was not hungry for hours after that.

Just some of my random thoughts! Let's keep informing each other.

I'm so glad you posted that, IM2, because I was really wondering about the other side of the story.

Oh, and for me, I have not felt yucky in any way. And I think the VCO I got is deeeeeeelicious!!
Old 07-08-2010, 08:59 AM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shenue
Stats: 280/216/150
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat/Moderate Calories
Good Morning Everyone!

Sheww haven't posted in a couple days. So many posts to read Haven't gotten there yet, but will after posting this.

I did want to ask what EVCO is. Is it Extra Virgin Coconut Oil? For those of you that use coconut oil, what are the benefits you seem to get from it? I've heard about it being good for you, but would love to hear from someone that actually uses it and find out how it helps. Thanks

On the diet front: I had gained 3 lbs the July 4th week, before I had really even gotten started losing again, but I am glad to say those 3 lbs are gone, plus one more as of today.

Anyone...Help...For the life of me I can't remember how to edit the information that appears under one's avatar. I've been gone a few years, and just can't remember.

Thanks!

Off to read the posts that I've missed, while eating my brunch (3 eggs).

Hope you all are staying cool!

Highest weight 280 - 1-2007/277;6-2007 213. Fell WAY off the wagon! 3-15-2010 265;5-15 2010/260;7-8/254;7-13/252;7-24/244;3-9-2011/248;4-4-11/250;4-28-2012/233;8-30-12/228; New Start 7-2-2013/248;7-22/242;9-28/235;10-19/224;11-4 /226;11-13/220.5;1-27-2014/219;1-29/217;2-15/216
shenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:03 AM   #568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GwnStfni
Stats: 231/168.4/131
WOE: Atkins & Stillman's
Start Date: Restart 02/13/2010
Peeps! Scale inched down a bit more today and yesterday was definitely not QWL.... Fessing up.... Had some leftover london broil for breakfast.... 7 chicken wings (no hot sauce), dipped in ranch, for lunch..... and dinner was a salad of romaine lettuce w/ grilled chicken and ranch dressing. No apologies either I have missed these foods and I was down .4 today, so as long as the scale is moving in the right direction, I am on board with what's working... Especially now that I'm getting a bit closer to goal.

Sharon!! Good for you for letting loose just for the day! We all need to some days....
Original Stats (6/9/03): 275/147 (128lbs lost)
GwnStfni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:16 AM   #569
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: smallerizing
Stats: 196/185/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6-18-13 JUDDD
Quote:

Wow, Sharon, you are moving that scale right along!! Happy birthweek! You did okay with the wings and bleu cheese dressing, at least it was low-carb. And since the scale was down anyway, you had TWO good reasons to celebrate! Your loss yesterday just shows the direction you are going, down, down, down. As for feeling the years, losing weight has made me feel younger!! You will too, if you haven't already! WTG!
smallerizing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #570
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Does anyone else think about food 24/7? Lately. .that's all I can do. . waiting for my next meal and wondering what I can eat. Like now. I'm at work. .packed tuna (already ate 1 -zesty lemon pepper. .mmm). .have 2 boiled eggs. .thinking about attacking one or two) and have 20 oz of cooked chicken and planning when i can fit that in. I know when I go home it will be more chicken.. (the 20 oz I packed was overkill but I'm afraid I'll eat it.. ) . .I can't figure out why I have the munchies today. . Did my one tble co this morning. .had 2 cups o joe (I know bad but my office is freezing today) .working on one cup of slenderizing tea. . almost finished with my 48 oz water and 1/2 through my 32 oz diet. .(I am weaning off this.. but wanted something today to keep me from EATING). .

OK. hoping posting this works for me. . I wanna have a good weigh day tomorrow..(I decided to give myself a couple of days to work the salt out.. ). .